Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Brony Hunter posted:

I'd watch a whole movie about the DBZ cast trying to do normal things. I want to see Goku attempting to file taxes or Vegeta going to the bank to take out a loan.

Why would Vegeta need to take out a loan? He married into the Briefs family. Capsule Corp basically runs the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Was that line a callback to something? It went over my head when I watched it if it was

DBZ Abridged.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm kind of just interested to see how Frieza got along with Bills.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I'm kind of just interested to see how Frieza got along with Bills.

Probably like King Vegeta, being his bitch.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Brony Hunter posted:

I'd watch a whole movie about the DBZ cast trying to do normal things. I want to see Goku attempting to file taxes or Vegeta going to the bank to take out a loan.

You dare deny a credit card to the PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS?!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i heard arale will be in the new movie, is this true?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Was that line a callback to something? It went over my head when I watched it if it was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkSE12j7T4g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxBnxVtxxC0

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
I've just realised that during the long stretches of peace in DBZ, Vegeta is essentially a loving housewife. His spouse is like a famous inventor and scientist and earns all the money, and he sits around in his father in law's house, doing nothing to contribute to the family income.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

a cartoon duck posted:

i heard arale will be in the new movie, is this true?

I hope so. I hope she kicks Freeza's rear end.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Brony Hunter posted:

I've just realised that during the long stretches of peace in DBZ, Vegeta is essentially a loving housewife. His spouse is like a famous inventor and scientist and earns all the money, and he sits around in his father in law's house, doing nothing to contribute to the family income.

He's probably pretty hand to have around if you need someone to open a jar of space pickles or move a washing machine or whatever.

The difference between goku and Vegeta is that Vegeta uses his free time from not having a job to actually be a good father.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Come to think of it, isn't Yamcha basically the only one out of all of them to actually hold down a job?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Brony Hunter posted:

Come to think of it, isn't Yamcha basically the only one out of all of them to actually hold down a job?

Yamcha is a non-convicted felon

e: I also bet he killed someone

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Brony Hunter posted:

Hey. Hey.

The gently caress is your problem with stay-at-home-dads? :colbert:

Look at this guy enforcing lovely gender roles

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

He's probably pretty hand to have around if you need someone to open a jar of space pickles or move a washing machine or whatever.

The difference between goku and Vegeta is that Vegeta uses his free time from not having a job to actually be a good father.

The good father bit is arguable. I got the impression that Trunks did more or less whatever he wanted and that Vegeta was hands-off at best, taking interest in Trunks and training him only to continue his rivalry with Goku into the next generation. Vegeta was pretty surprised to find out his son could go Super Saiyan; doesn't really seem like he was all that involved in Trunks' upbringing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

The good father bit is arguable. I got the impression that Trunks did more or less whatever he wanted and that Vegeta was hands-off at best, taking interest in Trunks and training him only to continue his rivalry with Goku into the next generation. Vegeta was pretty surprised to find out his son could go Super Saiyan; doesn't really seem like he was all that involved in Trunks' upbringing.

Remember that time (present) Trunks went Super Saiyan at like 5 and Vegeta just decks him square in the face?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

To be honest the only time I remember Vegeta being a good parent to Trunks was knocking him out for his own good before he took on Fat Buu.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Well Trunks is just a bad apple. Any kid his age with a steady girlfriend has some real issues.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I wouldn't be surprised if Team Four Star made a joke about that or something.

Vegeta: "Let me get this straight. All I have to do is be around the kid and I'll be better than Kakarot?"

Gohan: "At least in parenting."

V: "... At this point I'll take what I can get."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Vegeta is shown to have a growing love for his family starting with the Buu Arc, though. That was continued in GT as well.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I hope the Freeza movie is a comedy like Battle of the Gods.

Heck, if it has comedy on the same level and action that doesn't suck then it'd be just perfect.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

Srice posted:

I hope the Freeza movie is a comedy like Battle of the Gods.

Heck, if it has comedy on the same level and action that doesn't suck then it'd be just perfect.

According to Toriyama, the new film will be "utterly funny." It's definitely a comedy.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Yeah there's basically no way in hell Frieza being brought back is the whole plot, unless it's just basically a really long, Toriyama-written filler episode.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Brony Hunter posted:

He's not a house wife, he's a trophy wife

Bulma cares little about his contributions so long as he keeps those washboard abs and rippling physique in check :allears:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Parrotine posted:

Bulma cares little about his contributions so long as he keeps those washboard abs and rippling physique in check :allears:

Saiyans are physically fit and active, remain young for years and years and come from a culture that doesn't understand this emotion humans call "love". They are basically alien space babes from a 50s novel.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Good, good. I don't give a poo poo about the plot but Toriyama's a funny guy so I'm looking forward to some laffs.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Parrotine posted:

It's just a shame they have to call the roofers every time they bang

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Prison Warden posted:

Well Trunks is just a bad apple. Any kid his age with a steady girlfriend has some real issues.

Don't forget, the last movie had Trunks establishing a relationship with a woman older than his mother.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Considering that Bulma's a millionaire genius scientist and unmarried mother, she probably has Vegeta around just to infuriate/deter the paparazzi. Like, it probably starts at "Who is Bulma's latest boy-toy? Is he the Mystery Father? Did he seriously choose the pink shirt himself? We're sending in Jimmy to get the scoop!" and quickly devolves to "oh god he just benched-pressed our news van why did my camera explode"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Considering that Bulma's a millionaire genius scientist and unmarried mother, she probably has Vegeta around just to infuriate/deter the paparazzi. Like, it probably starts at "Who is Bulma's latest boy-toy? Is he the Mystery Father? Did he seriously choose the pink shirt himself? We're sending in Jimmy to get the scoop!" and quickly devolves to "oh god he just benched-pressed our news van why did my camera explode"

We need a movie focusing on the life of the Briefs. :colbert:

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
No a reality TV show.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Vegeta married into the company that gets paid to rebuild the whole planet every other Tuesday and sits around watching soaps and eating enough snacks to cause a worldwide famine.

Honestly he probably has it better as a housewife than he ever would have as Saiyan royalty.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lord of Pie posted:

Honestly he probably has it better as a housewife than he ever would have as Saiyan royalty.

It's pretty great that one of DBM's universes was King Vegeta living as a lovely caveman.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Freeza is going to murder someone and it is too late to stop him god drat

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
This new movie better have Krillin stomping Freeza. That's all I want, a shining moment of Krillin Competency. He's been training with Super Saiyans and his murderous android waifu for years, dude has to be able to take Freeza out by now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Has Krillin killed ANYONE since the start of Z? I mean, aside from those three Saibamen and the Cell fetus.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think krillin has what it takes mentally.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Krillin is a gentle soul.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Freeza, no longer a fighting threat to Goku and Vegeta, gets a job and slowly climbs the corporate ladder until he becomes a super powerful CEO. He uses his new wealth and influence to crush Capsule Corp and buy up all of Goku's land. Vegeta and Goku try to fight him, but he's protected by the law.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Has Krillin killed ANYONE since the start of Z? I mean, aside from those three Saibamen and the Cell fetus.

I'm pretty sure he killed one of Freeza's soldiers not long after the gang arrive on Namek. Even if he didn't, that's still one more than Piccolo. He only killed Goku, Raditz, and one of the Saiabmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sonata Mused posted:

Freeza, no longer a fighting threat to Goku and Vegeta, gets a job and slowly climbs the corporate ladder until he becomes a super powerful CEO. He uses his new wealth and influence to crush Capsule Corp and buy up all of Goku's land. Vegeta and Goku try to fight him, but he's protected by the law.

Goku and Vegeta know what laws are?

• Locked thread