Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Barry Convex posted:

Well, it would be kinda silly to think that the Guardians could have made everyone on Xandar immortal if they had just somehow kept Ronan's body intact. So I hope that's explained as a property specific to this one Kree, not that it'd likely be mentioned in the films anyway.

The Xandarians are not Humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Barry Convex posted:

Well, it would be kinda silly to think that the Guardians could have made everyone on Xandar immortal if they had just somehow kept Ronan's body intact. So I hope that's explained as a property specific to this one Kree, not that it'd likely be mentioned in the films anyway.

Who did the Kree make seemingly immortal besides the girl and by extension Whitehall? And who says it wasn't her touching The Diviner that did that? The only people with Kree blood are known to have been healed from it but nothing has really been shown that hints to them being immortal. And we already knew the blood healed them before Guardians even came out because of this show.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Deadpool posted:

Who did the Kree make seemingly immortal besides the girl and by extension Whitehall? And who says it wasn't her touching The Diviner that did that? The only people with Kree blood are known to have been healed from it but nothing has really been shown that hints to them being immortal. And we already knew the blood healed them before Guardians even came out because of this show.

Well to be fair it was little more then healing it was straight up necromancy.

eta- though of course it might not do anything for old age deaths

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zythrst posted:

Well to be fair it was little more then healing it was straight up necromancy.

eta- though of course it might not do anything for old age deaths

Yeah, healing someone is a bit different than reversing decades of aging.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man, Ward is loving nuts and I love it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
From S1 where the plot rann too slowly, they are almost got the opposite problem now. Holy poo poo the pace of the plot is going gangbusters.

Great episode once again. gently caress is it another break next week?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
SkyeDad gonna shout at Whitehall; make his eyes turn white.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Bullet points:

* ...And that's a stick of Ram. Corsair Vengeance, that blue heatspreader is very distinctive. In a "device". Yes, because nobody knows what a modern motherboard looks like!
* SURPRISE WARD!
* Holy poo poo, I can't tell who's telling the truth
* Aww, Simmons is a Carter fangirl.
* Goddamnit, Whedon, fire your loving prop guy. Your blatant use of Corsair Vengeance mixed with some G.Skill plugged haphazardly into an ASUS motherboard with SATA cables everywhere in Fitz's "transceiver" IS RUINING MY IMMERSION.
* Ocular flashbangs?
* Oh drat, he vivisected her.
* They're going to bang in 3... 2... 1...
* ...and they're banging. Or killing dogs, one or the other.
* JFC, plots inside plots inside plots.
* Oh. Ohhhhh. Ohhhhhhhhhh.

Dichen Lachman has an interesting and unique look, too bad she had such a small role. Was hoping she's be a recurring character.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Binary Logic posted:

Dichen Lachman has an interesting and unique look, too bad she had such a small role. Was hoping she's be a recurring character.

Given the mystery surrounding Skye there's a chance of her coming back for more flashbacks.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I kinda liked how agent Carter's plan to make the world forget Reinhart backfired spectacularly. 44 years later everyone except Hydra had done just that, and so thought it was no big deal to let that old guy no knew anything about free when it was suggested to them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Slashrat posted:

I kinda liked how agent Carter's plan to make the world forget Reinhart backfired spectacularly. 44 years later everyone except Hydra had done just that, and so thought it was no big deal to let that old guy no knew anything about free when it was suggested to them.

Well the guy in charge of it probably didn't so much suggest it as much as order it since he was Hydra.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Unless there is some obscure law allowing unelected government officials to unilaterally release prisoners with no oversight, it probably still made a lot of difference that anyone looking up his name, if it was even still known, wouldn't immediately be reading that he was Josef Mengele's role model.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Slashrat posted:

Unless there is some obscure law allowing unelected government officials to unilaterally release prisoners with no oversight, it probably still made a lot of difference that anyone looking up his name, if it was even still known, wouldn't immediately be reading that he was Josef Mengele's role model.

The same law that lets them nuke New York when they feel it's a lost cause.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Well the guy in charge of it probably didn't so much suggest it as much as order it since he was Hydra.

It was Alexander Pierce.

anastazius
May 17, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Anybody have a screen of the... screen when they got a match for the city? It said something under the green banner, but went by too fast for me to read it...

anastazius fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 19, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Emetic Hustler posted:

It was Alexander Pierce.

Yes. That was my point. The guy who's pretty much in charge of SHIELD doesn't really have to run a SHIELD prisoner release by anyone.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

What if Skye's dad medical training/experiments on criminals is done in order to remove the stolen organs intact and put them back inside his dead wife to bring her back to life?
Edit: better theory: he used his blood to keep his wife alive and is playing doctor to stole human organs and use them to keep skye's moon alive and now he is just waiting for the right occasion to get her organs back.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 19, 2014

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Deadpool posted:

Yes. That was my point. The guy who's pretty much in charge of SHIELD doesn't really have to run a SHIELD prisoner release by anyone.

Technically, in '89 it was UNDERsecretary Pierce who presumably wasn't running the whole shebang yet, but had made his way up the ladder far enough to spring Whitehall.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I don't know if I'm misremembering but wasn't the Doctor looking alienlike in the s1 finale stinger? Or was it just blood n gore on his hand?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Deakul posted:

just blood n gore on his hand?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
drat, Peggy looks like she applies that lipstick with a ruler.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I really hope there isn't a lot of "secret agent" stuff in this season

Im down to have SkyeDad be secretly working against Whitehall, but that's about it.

I dont want Bobbie to be a secret Hydra agent, or Ward secretly working for Shield. or any of that crap. We've had so much double agent stuff in the past, we don't need any more.

Also man, I am SO pumped for the Agent Carter show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BlueBayou posted:

You do not want a lot of Secret Agent stuff in a show about secret agents?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BlueBayou posted:

Also man, I am SO pumped for the Agent Carter show.

How did you begin and end a post with these two things?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The show is all about secret agents in a world where superpowers are real...and you don't want them doing secret agent things? :psyduck:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Guy's just sayin'...he wants an episode where, y'know, Skye does laundry. Maybe Hunter organizes his CD collection. A three-episode arc where Coulson eats a sandwich. Y'know, the good stuff.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Marvels-Agents-Alien-1089443.aspx

TV Guide "spoils" a certain reveal from the next episode. Quotation marks because, well, it's pretty drat obvious.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Phylodox posted:

A three-episode arc where Coulson eats a sandwich. Y'know, the good stuff.
He'd make it work. :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Nill posted:

He'd make it work. :colbert:

Phil Coulson knows how to savour a good grinder.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Deadpool posted:

How did you begin and end a post with these two things?

Sorry. Not secret agent

double agent

im tired of excessive double agents.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Bullet points:

* ...And that's a stick of Ram. Corsair Vengeance, that blue heatspreader is very distinctive. In a "device". Yes, because nobody knows what a modern motherboard looks like!
* SURPRISE WARD!
* Holy poo poo, I can't tell who's telling the truth
* Aww, Simmons is a Carter fangirl.
* Goddamnit, Whedon, fire your loving prop guy. Your blatant use of Corsair Vengeance mixed with some G.Skill plugged haphazardly into an ASUS motherboard with SATA cables everywhere in Fitz's "transceiver" IS RUINING MY IMMERSION.

This is actually explained in the episode. Fitz has to fit the transceiver onto a system that doesn't support it. The motherboard is the system. He's practicing on a mockup. The real mother board in the facility is probably a computer that helps relay the signal.

It actually makes sense. IMMERSION REPAIRED.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BlueBayou posted:

Sorry. Not secret agent

double agent

Its been a staple of spy fiction forever. It will not be going anywhere.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Its been a staple of spy fiction forever. It will not be going anywhere.

So I don't mind some of that. The Ward thing last season was fantastic.

The thing is, the Ward reveal last season was *so good* that I'm worried they will feel a need to top it with needless double/triple agent hooey.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Jesus Christ, this episode got dark really fast. (Also, was too dark in too many scenes, what was up with that?)

Interesting connection in the finale.

If it's not said enough, this season is so much better than the first.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

This is actually explained in the episode. Fitz has to fit the transceiver onto a system that doesn't support it. The motherboard is the system. He's practicing on a mockup. The real mother board in the facility is probably a computer that helps relay the signal.

It actually makes sense. IMMERSION REPAIRED.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was bugged that the transceiver just looked like a mobo. Also you are all crazy I refuse to believe that Bobbi is brainwashed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I severely doubt Bobbi or anyone else is brainwashed.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Barry Convex posted:

Of course it does. Doesn't necessarily mean Inhumans, and for what it's worth, several of the hints we've gotten (the Kree considering the city "home," their intent being to conquer or exterminate humanity) don't really match the 616 backstory for the Inhumans, either.

You're just flat-out wrong, there. The Kree created the Inhumans with the express purpose of conquering Earth. They've done the same thing on a number of planets.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Maybe by "blue angels" he just meant stunt pilots...

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

BlueBayou posted:

Sorry. Not secret agent

double agent

Hey....

Anyway, this poo poo is getting crazy. I don't want to wait two weeks for the next episode. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

XboxPants posted:

You're just flat-out wrong, there. The Kree created the Inhumans with the express purpose of conquering Earth. They've done the same thing on a number of planets.

Really? Is that a more recent retcon? There are a lot of Inhumans comics I have yet to read, but from what I've read, their purpose was to help win the war with the Skrulls, not conquer the planet.

• Locked thread