Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH
I was really hoping Seth Morris was going to take the ASMR bit a little further, maybe do an extended parody roleplay session. It seemed like Scott kept trying to lead him there, but I guess the joke became that he just wanted to talk about how much he loves QuickBooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

ArtVandelay posted:

NARROW MISSES

310 Kevin Allison

You're talking about the ep where he laughs into the mic the entire time? I like risk from time to time but that was just terrible.

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009

n8r posted:

You're talking about the ep where he laughs into the mic the entire time? I like risk from time to time but that was just terrible.

whoa there buddy, that's the episode that gave us little button puss yer talkin' smack about. COOL YER JETS

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Yes, and I loved Pam Murphy's character, I know i'm probably in the minority on that. Scott just kept pushing her further.

Organic Robot
Dec 26, 2007

Fig 1.
"Blueboy sees a moth."
I honestly just want to put all the Horatio Sanz and Victor & Tiny eps.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
The Calvins Twins are going to place way lower than they should because they were so early in the year. It's like why you don't release Oscar-bait in March.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Organic Robot posted:

I honestly just want to put all the Horatio Sanz and Victor & Tiny eps.

That's basically what I did, with some Lapkus thrown in.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Was the inception of "Riddle Me This" during this year? I'm having a hard time remembering which episode it was. Also, which episode had PFT and Lapkus doing the "sign-off off"?

Quick let's do 2 pages of our top 10s, GO!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Closing sentiment-off was JW Stillwater and Traci Reardon. I can't recall which epi though.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

a worthy uhh posted:

Closing sentiment-off was JW Stillwater and Traci Reardon. I can't recall which epi though.

Google helps apparently when you have the right name of the game. It was the 5th anniversary show. Episode 283 (although apparently they did it live on episode 265 also.)

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Punch Card posted:

The Calvins Twins are going to place way lower than they should because they were so early in the year. It's like why you don't release Oscar-bait in March.

What I'm more worried about not getting votes is the Victor and Tiny episode with Mikey Birbs which was apparently in this voting year.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Lord Wexia posted:

Was the inception of "Riddle Me This" during this year?
It all started with the classic episode, Hollywild which, good call, was the first episode of the year http://comedybangbang.wikia.com/wiki/Riddle_Me_This

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 19, 2014

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I put this clip on YouTube because it delights me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyeTpE89jls

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
It's been a really drat good year of CBB and I'm super excited for the best ofs. Expecting some lovely cantina singing.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Victor podcast and sentiment off were the best.

"I can't believe it"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vote victor vote often

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Besson posted:

Victor podcast and sentiment off were the best.

"I can't believe it"

LEEB HIM ALONE

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
It's crazy how Brendan Smalls can switch between Tiny and Victor at the drop of a hat and make them converse with each other as if they were two separate entities.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
It's not really that cool, if you listen to the wompler birthday spectacular scott himself does this very thing and it's every bit as seamless and engaging as any of his talented guests.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Why he get loving crucified for can't believe that?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

It's not really that cool, if you listen to the wompler birthday spectacular scott himself does this very thing and it's every bit as seamless and engaging as any of his talented guests.

The premise of this post seems to be that Scott Aukerman isn't a crazy talented guy:confused:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Just look at Andy Daly in the Golly episodes playing like 10 different characters. That was really a thing.

CornBrick
Jun 21, 2014

A chance to look as cool on the outside as I am on the inside.
There are few things as good in life as listening to Comedy Boing Boing on a cold morning.
Especially the "best of" episode.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Poopy Palpy posted:

The premise of this post seems to be that Scott Aukerman isn't a crazy talented guy:confused:

He's a talented writer, comedian, host, and actor but I gave him credit there for what he's perhaps best known for: his improv.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Where do you actually vote? I can't find it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
http://earwolf.polldaddy.com/s/best-of-cbb-2014
They linked it in the epi description, and they've got it inset on the show page.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Mr. Squishy posted:

They linked it in the epi description, and they've got it inset on the show page.

If Tony Macaroni and That Wasn't It (I'm Back) [Hee Hee] are not in the top 10 I'll be very sad.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Grounded Me@ is the true #1

nice

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

http://earwolf.com/episode/public-domain-with-paul-f-tompkins/

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I want to hear the final, edited version.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Thanks for that. My top 5 was fairly straight forward but coming up with the rest was a bit tougher.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I finally did my votes for the Best Ofs for 2014. It was so hard. Managed to pick 16, was really hard to knock it down from there.

Really hurt to cut the episode where I got to hear the Hollywood Facts theme like 30 times. It was my #11 :(

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Hollywood facts was in my top five. Walter White made the top ten.

I like jokes being repeated so much they stop being funny and then become funny again.

e: I also voted for Loudon Wainwright III because it wasn't the funniest but it was really, really good.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
So the guys from Tears for Fears are cool as poo poo.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Punch Card posted:

So the guys from Tears for Fears are cool as poo poo.

Yea, they were pretty great and fell right onto the groove nicely.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Very happy that myself and a few others tweeting our disappointment at Scott for his use of a certain word in today's episode forced him to issue an apology.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Anyone know who the actor with the rapidly darting eyes that PFT referred to is? Pruitt Taylor Vince?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I googled "nystagmus actor" and he was the first result so yes.
Also, apparently the tears for fears guys don't show up in photographs?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Has anyone tried Club W? I think I'm old enough and pretentious enough to start drinking wine more regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
The best wine is the one that has alcohol in it and you don't have to pay a meaningful amount of money for. As such, Club W is probably not for me.

edit: And I'm old and pretentious as poo poo!