Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Volkerball posted:

If you look off to the east on the map you have exposed, there's one road that runs east into the fog. That goes over a bridge. The bridge is controlled by the royal army, so if you attempt to cross it, you'll get blown the gently caress up. After a certain mission, you can cross, and then there's another 7 or 8 bell towers worth of land out that way.

:krad:

Capn Beeb posted:

The signature 87 shotgun counts as a sidearm.

:clint:

Just like the loco in payday, a shotgun that counts as a pistol is the best thing ever.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Capn Beeb posted:

The signature 87 shotgun counts as a sidearm.

:clint:

Is this from the hunting adventures of Sarah Palin?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I wonder if there ever is any closure on who "The Goat" is.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!

Feenix posted:

Whoever said you could just shotgun+sidestep Rhinos was hilariously full of poo poo. :)

Nope I harvested all my rhino skins doing it that way, and I'm playing on PS4 on hard AND I am shithouse at shooters with a controller.

You don't actually strafe to sidestep when they charge, you have to turn 90 degrees and sprint a few steps to be fast enough to get out of the way. The other thing you can do is play ring around the rosie with them using a tree.

Another protip with animal skins, find a good predator spot (the tiger den is a great one that seems to spawn everything) and just continually throw bait and shoot whatever shows up.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Broken Cog posted:

I wonder if there ever is any closure on who "The Goat" is.

It's me, I'm The Goat, as evidenced by murdering about a million dudes in horrible ways.

-The Goat

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

That would have been alright too but where would our friend and dj Rompy Roopy Rumpy fit into it.

He's a gorilla that provides the gorilla guerrillas some sweet rear end beats.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Secret ending spoilers: Far Cry 4 has what amounts to a Dad Ending and is actually the greatest game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is just dumb daydreaming that I had with FC3 as well, but I'd kill for some sort of DayZ style survival mode that is just full of players and hostile wildlife around the map.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NESguerilla posted:

This is just dumb daydreaming that I had with FC3 as well, but I'd kill for some sort of DayZ style survival mode that is just full of players and hostile wildlife around the map.

Hopefully we'll get that within the next few years. The division and games like that seem to be experimenting with it. Once that technology is down, there'll be some pretty ridiculous MMO's coming out. Most of the games like DayZ that can do it well now sacrifice a lot in other ways.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Incidentally I said nothing about having sex with the animals although they may try to rape you at some point. Maybe the honey badger high priest teaches you the ways of the animal via some potent snake venom drink and you wake up and its sodomizing you.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Does anyone know when the first checkpoint in the game is? I went through the initial cutscenes and after pagan walked away I saved and quit, but now I only have the option to start a new game. Did I just quit too early?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

Incidentally I said nothing about having sex with the animals although they may try to rape you at some point. Maybe the honey badger high priest teaches you the ways of the animal via some potent snake venom drink and you wake up and its sodomizing you.

this with a loading screen that is not even tangentially related quotes from "the little engine that could" drifting across ominously, and i'm so down.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Does anyone know when the first checkpoint in the game is? I went through the initial cutscenes and after pagan walked away I saved and quit, but now I only have the option to start a new game. Did I just quit too early?

After you go into the basement and out of the building. Saves then, because that's when you can first die.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm also thinking of an alternate ending where if you don't discover the dark secret of the island and stay in the investors meeting you eventually get David Attenborough on board to film some exclusive documentaries there.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
David Attenborough as voiced by Pauly Shore.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The Bio-Dome element is sorely lacking, I agree.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

NESguerilla posted:

It's called Rust

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Who's the loving moron that decided checkpoints save, not after completing a mission successfully, but afterwards?? Like seriously, you have to be braindead. Just lost all my progress because I accidentally radial menu'd myself into a co-op (which instantly failed after loading for ages, and gave me a nice loop of error messages).

Thanks Ubisoft.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Hey OP! gently caress you!Far Cry 3 is the best in the series? In the words of Carlos Mencia: Dee Dee Dee! You're retarded!

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I've just finished off a bunch of KRA dudes, walking along, see a hostage in the distance. I'm a good guy (and money) so I of course immediately drop the guard with a .50 rifle, start walking up to the prisoner to release him.... right as a pack of wolves crests the hill from the other side and murders the gently caress out of him. Not your day little dude, just not your day. :smith:

GOTY. Athough that bitch Hurk never gave me a harpoon gun.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
huh this game is pretty good I'm having a hard time stopping playing it. I particularly appreciate that there are TWO kinds of tripping in this game: there's like regular acid tripping while wondering around the countryside with swanky music, and a more ketamine/mescaline kinda trip where you're not even on the planet anymore. Dudes know what's up.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Meowjesty posted:

Secret ending spoilers: Far Cry 4 has what amounts to a Dad Ending and is actually the greatest game.

Maybe now we can shoot some goddamn guns

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Floppychop posted:

Maybe now we can shoot some goddamn guns

Please be alternative DLC campaign.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ddraig posted:

He's a gorilla that provides the gorilla guerrillas some sweet rear end beats.

Dude Gorilla Guerrillas needs be a thing. Or should it be Guerrilla Gorillas?

NESguerilla posted:

The Farcry games should have a multiplayer deathmatch Battle Royale / Hunger Games mode. It would fit SO WELL!

Spawn players in random locations on a HUGE open world setting with random weapons, with other weapons scattered around. Last man standing wins. Losers spectate.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

The Farcry games should have a multiplayer deathmatch Battle Royale / Hunger Games mode. It would fit SO WELL!

Spawn players in random locations on a HUGE open world setting with random weapons, with other weapons scattered around. Last man standing wins. Losers spectate.

That would turn into players finding a cave or other hiding spot and waiting for other people to kill themselves off.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Floppychop posted:

That would turn into players finding a cave or other hiding spot and waiting for other people to kill themselves off.

Which is why Battle Royale has rules that if you stay still for too long, your collar blows up and you die. (Well, it involved map zones, but same difference)

I don't know how Hunger Games works but I assume they thought of something for that.

Combine that with like a game-y mechanic where you do more damage for each kill you've gotten or something like that and boom, solid new game mode.
Or just make it so that resources are REALLY important like DayZ or something, and then of course when you kill somebody you get all their resources.

Also you have bears and poo poo to track players who are avoiding conflict. And then other players could hear the bear/tiger/whatever and go hunt that player down.

Maybe even add a new drug you can make with plants that lets you track players by their scent or something, so you'd have to keep moving to keep other players off your trail.

gently caress, running around collecting plants, shanking animals and looking for other players sounds great.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 20, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now Kanye, I'd love to shoot the breeze with that young man.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Acquire Currency! posted:

Now Kanye, I'd love to shoot the breeze with that young man.

I got so mad when that stupid rear end DJ let out a 2+ year old "Imma let you finish" reference. :doh:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Ragingsheep posted:

Please be alternative DLC campaign.

Dad Cry 4.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
Oh my, riding an elephant into an outpost while toting the M79 is just glorious.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Morter posted:

I got so mad when that stupid rear end DJ let out a 2+ year old "Imma let you finish" reference. :doh:

I don't know why games that want to use references to real world situations write that stuff at the beginning of the process. Write your game script, but put "And then the DJ says [insert timely reference]", and then come back to it 3 years later just before release. Insert whatever the latest thing is, bring back the voice-actor for a pickup, and then master it.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Far Cry 4: Dad Dragon

Schach
Jul 21, 2007
I'm not a monster it'sonlyamask.
Just started playing on PS4. Is there any chance at all they'll patch in the ability to turn off the quest markers? You seem to be able to turn off every bit of the HUD except the giant A and S and arrows pointing to them that are on your screen at all times. Is the minimap not enough Ubisoft! I can find the quests! Other than that it's fun to kill a man or animal. I flew a hang glider into a tiny bird and died instantly 10/10.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I wish this game had a Fallout 3 type option where I could murder the DJ and not have to listen to his banal, repetitious nattering. I swear to God I've heard him talk about soldiers riding elephants a hundred times already and I haven't even uncovered half of the map yet.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rather Dashing posted:

I wish this game had a Fallout 3 type option where I could murder the DJ and not have to listen to his banal, repetitious nattering. I swear to God I've heard him talk about soldiers riding elephants a hundred times already and I haven't even uncovered half of the map yet.

In Jagged Alliance 2, you could order items in-game and have them delivered to an airport you controlled. The problem was that the shipping-and-receiving clerk was a thief who would occasionally steal parts of your shipments. So you'd likely choose to kill him--at least the first time--only to later find out that he's replaced with somebody significantly worse than him.

What I'm saying is that you should be able to kill that man, if only to have him replaced with somebody ten times worse.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't know why games that want to use references to real world situations write that stuff at the beginning of the process. Write your game script, but put "And then the DJ says [insert timely reference]", and then come back to it 3 years later just before release. Insert whatever the latest thing is, bring back the voice-actor for a pickup, and then master it.

Well its not in America so maybe they just got Kanye there :cheeky:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Is there anything I can do with the airport or am I wasting my time?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If I was a moron and sold my wolf pelts before crafting a sidearm ability, is there an easy way to get one later? And can I really only have one good weapon at a time?

Sorry if this has been answered lately but there are so many posts.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Reverse Centaur posted:

If I was a moron and sold my wolf pelts before crafting a sidearm ability, is there an easy way to get one later? And can I really only have one good weapon at a time?

Sorry if this has been answered lately but there are so many posts.

Easy way to get what? Wolf pelts? You go kill wolves. If you kill them with a bow or knife you get 2 pelts per wolf. Guns give you 1.
Look on your map for where there's wolf symbols and that's where you'll find them.

No you can have 3 good weapons plus a sidearm. You have to craft better holsters though. At first its one plus sidearm, but you can get to two very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Rather Dashing posted:

He's been doing the same bit about masks and how his serial killer mark would be to poop on his victims, nonstop, over and over and over again, for hours in my game. SHUT THE gently caress UP. It's cool though he is cancelled out by the awesome, chipper "auh-jay m'boy!" calls you get from psycho daddy dearest.

• Locked thread