Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

What kind of speeds are you all getting on wifi? That would probably factor into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Javes posted:

I play on wifi and I consistently get in the top 3.

OpTic Javes

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

What kind of speeds are you all getting on wifi? That would probably factor into it

Dude are you playing this game?

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

If by "this game" you're referring to the "trying to bait speed tests game" then yes

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Javes posted:

Yeah but are you running a ripped turret because that probably compensates.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

Back when blops 2 was still new I played on stolen wifi. It's amazing I did as well as I did.

Edit: Also used my laptop as a wifi router. So my 360 was hooked into my laptop via ethernet cable and the laptop was using wifi from the neighbors house.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
The Tac19 seems pretty mediocre at best. To paraphrase Macys, it's no BO2 870. It gets a lot more hitmarkers from the first shot instead of kills than I would expect out of it.

I'm getting this, but not on wifi.

If by "this game" you're referring to the "trying to bait speed tests game" then yes

:ssh:

Fibby Boy posted:

Back when blops 2 was still new I played on stolen wifi. It's amazing I did as well as I did.

Edit: Also used my laptop as a wifi router. So my 360 was hooked into my laptop via ethernet cable and the laptop was using wifi from the neighbors house.

But laaaaaag coooooooommmppp

versus fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 20, 2014

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
I keep my xbone on wifi so it's rippable

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Christoff posted:

All this BAL chat makes people forget the AK-12 with foregrip rules

Add whatever else you want (stock, silencer, etc) it's actually pretty good at hip firing so I'm doing comedy option laser sight. Gonna do noob tube with danger close when I get it

The irons are good and very minor differences but some versions have a full circle at the end of the irons and some have a half (half is better) not sure how many other guns have different irons between the variants

I started using the hbra3 with a red dot, grip, laser sight, and it is fantastic with that first burst going extra fast.

Vvv: put a laser sight on everything.

Quabzor fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 20, 2014

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
Dubstep shotgun with laser sight and rifling for life. (Also I'm terrible, don't do this.)

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Seriously guys, knife running has never been more fun when you throw up Exo Overclock and just fuckin' shank fools

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Wazzit posted:

Yeah but are you running a ripped turret because that probably compensates.

You know it's OK to admit when you're wrong, right? No one will think any less of you baby boy.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Rei_ posted:

Seriously guys, knife running has never been more fun when you throw up Exo Overclock and just fuckin' shank fools

This seems like a good loadout because I don't need to bother using any gun other than my ripped turret, the thing is a insane beast, 5 minutes into the game I'm able to take it out and drop fools with it instead of using an actual gun.

Hopefully the next patch won't nerf it and keep it OP.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Riot shield, knife, overclock, light weight, overcharge perk, hardline, ripped laser turret is how I get top 3 in ffa games. Slide shanking owns.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

ASM1 Speakeasy (Integrated Extended Mags, Fire Rate +2, Damage -1, Range -1) is really good.

Wazzit posted:

This seems like a good loadout because I don't need to bother using any gun other than my ripped turret, the thing is a insane beast, 5 minutes into the game I'm able to take it out and drop fools with it instead of using an actual gun.

Hopefully the next patch won't nerf it and keep it OP.

I hear the knife is effective in hardcore. It kills in one hit guys!!!!

Also this post is actually just an excuse to advertise that I'm going to stream: http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Are we calling this one dead already? It's been hard getting a group of four or five on the bone.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
Nah. I've just been busy striving for top 3 IRL. You on right now?

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Every time I have accepted a invite on the PS4 it just boots me out of my game to a empty lobby and I don't even get into the PSN party.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

bear is driving! posted:

Are we calling this one dead already? It's been hard getting a group of four or five on the bone.

Dragon Age just came out so my time is being spent on that right now. I'm still enjoying AW so I'll definitely keep playing it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

bear is driving! posted:

Its about the same on PS4. I figured playing this on the most popular system would've meant more people to play with. :(

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

If shotguns aren't as good as the BLOPS 2 870, then they need to be buffed. :colbert:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mill Village posted:

Its about the same on PS4. I figured playing this on the most popular system would've meant more people to play with. :(

Everyone warned that this thread was full of insufferable douches and have stayed away from all the self loathing. Maybe a lot of goons are following it?

I only have like 25 SA PSN friends and there is almost always someone playing the same time I am.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

bear is driving! posted:

Considering farcry, gta, and dragon age all just came out. I think it's pretty normal to have have a drop in players. Just wait for clan wars to start :getin:

And we had 9 for a couple games earlier.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hekk posted:

Everyone warned that this thread was full of insufferable douches and have stayed away from all the self loathing. Maybe a lot of goons are following it?

I only have like 25 SA PSN friends and there is almost always someone playing the same time I am.

You and a friend doesn't sound like 4 or 5 people, unless my insufferable douchiness is ruining my ability to count.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dum Cumpster posted:

You and a friend doesn't sound like 4 or 5 people, unless my insufferable douchiness is ruining my ability to count.

Needs more self loathing about the :effort: required to add your name to the PSN/XBOX goon list and making some new friends.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hekk posted:

Needs more self loathing about the :effort: required to add your name to the PSN/XBOX goon list and making some new friends.

But everyone in the thread is already my friend, and subscribed to my YouTube channel :shrug:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dum Cumpster posted:

But everyone in the thread is already my friend, and subscribed to my YouTube channel :shrug:

What is your channel? I will check it out. I am old and bad at shooters so I could stand to learn a bit about not getting killed every 4 seconds.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I'm just having fun playing alone and running gimmick builds in TDM and getting kids to ragequit by planting spike drones around and calling them back to me through peoples loving heads like the dude from Phantasm.

That Spike Drone may have replaced the tomahawk as my favourite throwable, but like idk, starting with Ghosts I was just like gently caress it, I'm going to spend as much time seeing how hard I have to hinder myself to actually consistently do poorly. Hell I spent a few games today just hipfiring the pistols to unlock the tac knife and i was still going 2:1. These TDM kids are loving BAD and it's so much fun.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 20, 2014

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I need to step up my game and have outfits whose color schemes match each stage so that I can switch to so as to better avoid being seen.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

versus posted:

ASM1 Speakeasy (Integrated Extended Mags, Fire Rate +2, Damage -1, Range -1) is really good.

I hear the knife is effective in hardcore. It kills in one hit guys!!!!

Also this post is actually just an excuse to advertise that I'm going to stream: http://www.twitch.tv/versussa
I like your stream, nice speed. Chapter approved!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Sorry to the dudes I was playing uplink with. My internet crapped out and I can't get it going again.going to take that as a sign that I should call it quits for the night.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
This game is just completely hosed for me. One hour, I'm getting 40+ kills and nearly matching Versus for half a dozen games; the next I'm going 9-18.

God. loving. drat IT! :argh:

Mad at videogames you guys. :sigh:
On the bright side, I've stopped using human being as a pejorative.

zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:

bear is driving! posted:

I think the game owns but I've been out of state for the week. I'll probably be on this weekend once I get back home.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

On the bright side, I've stopped using human being as a pejorative.

Why? Did you quit COD?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I've accepted that the good netcode from every CoD up to, and including BLOPS 1- is never coming back. :qq:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

nnnotime posted:

I like your stream, nice speed. Chapter approved!

:3: thanks.

I hadn't played Momentum before tonight. So far it seems pretty fun, although my tactics thus far have been either Atlas 20mm quickscoping or using my ASM1 "Pro Pipe" with Danger Close and the MDL. A premade against randoms is probably more likely to have a crushing victory; we've been having games end in elss than a minute and a half, win and lose.

Ground War Domination on Comeback or whatever is a nightmare clusterfuck.

Mister Macys posted:

I've accepted that the good netcode from every CoD up to, and including BLOPS 1- is never coming back. :qq:

Watch my VOD and be jealous.

e: http://www.twitch.tv/versussa/c/5532785 that game starts at 2h21m or so in the full VOD, even when I was playing I noticed like "this feels pretty good"

versus fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 20, 2014

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I wish I could equip 4 variants of the system hack as my scorestreaks because the rage it causes is quite orgasmic.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

bear is driving! posted:

kinda hard to play when you're afk at the dashboard breh.

versus posted:

:3: thanks.

I hadn't played Momentum before tonight. So far it seems pretty fun, although my tactics thus far have been either Atlas 20mm quickscoping or using my ASM1 "Pro Pipe" with Danger Close and the MDL. A premade against randoms is probably more likely to have a crushing victory; we've been having games end in elss than a minute and a half, win and lose.

Ground War Domination on Comeback or whatever is a nightmare clusterfuck.

Comeback is literally the easiest.

UAV with the wallhack + Turret that is a sentry, 360 and immune to emp set up on the B flag and you win.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 20, 2014

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
You guys can't talk about bad connections until you're consistently in the bottom three.

I'm the foundation of every team.

Bal of Duty:Advanced Rooftops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Rei_ posted:

I'm just having fun playing alone and running gimmick builds in TDM and getting kids to ragequit by planting spike drones around and calling them back to me through peoples loving heads like the dude from Phantasm.

That Spike Drone may have replaced the tomahawk as my favourite throwable, but like idk, starting with Ghosts I was just like gently caress it, I'm going to spend as much time seeing how hard I have to hinder myself to actually consistently do poorly. Hell I spent a few games today just hipfiring the pistols to unlock the tac knife and i was still going 2:1. These TDM kids are loving BAD and it's so much fun.

"I'm so good I have to use the worst poo poo in the game to actually do bad, heh. :c00lbutt: "

I miss you on Xbox Rei.

• Locked thread