Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

kastein posted:

Seriously. My tires are 77% nitrogen right now. Someone way overpaid for that poo poo.

(it was me, at a gas station air compressor. Those fuckers know they have you over a barrel.)

But...but...there's WATER in there!!?!!?! YOU DON'T WANT WATER IN YOUR TIRES DO YOU!???

I'll show them all
I filled my tires with spray foam. Now they can't go flat, and I'll never need to fill them again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Sitting at the Vision Center, waiting to get my cataract removed. The had a cancellation, so today rather than, oh, December. I can't wait to see out of both eyes again! Even better, we've hit our max out of pocket for the year, so total cost is $370.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Siochain posted:

But...but...there's WATER in there!!?!!?! YOU DON'T WANT WATER IN YOUR TIRES DO YOU!???

I'll show them all
I filled my tires with spray foam. Now they can't go flat, and I'll never need to fill them again!

Water in my tires reduces my center of gravity and helps self balance, well, unless it's below freezing in which case it does exactly the opposite :v:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Looks like my boss underbid this project by about 300 man-hours. He just left and was not too pleased. DYODD guys.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Seriously. My tires are 77% nitrogen right now. Someone way overpaid for that poo poo.

(it was me, at a gas station air compressor. Those fuckers know they have you over a barrel.)

Wasn't there some link that using normal compressor air damages TPMS sensors due to oxygen corrosion?

But yeah, honestly, you only need pure nitrogen if you race or live in a scorching desert.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 20, 2014

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

So 2014 might be looking up for me. I do some work for one of my customers on his old cars when there is something he cant do. He loves cars and knows a little about them but hes not much of a mechanic so he calls me when he needs something. I got his 48 Buick Roadmaster back running and stopping a few years back when he wanted to sell it, stuff like that. He just retired and hes fairly well off and wants to flip old cars for profit and he wants to hire me to both figure out what we could make money on and to do all the mechanical work. If it works out its seriously a dream come true. I told him last night the best thing to do it get stuff from the south and west to bring back here to the Northeast and said he will fund it. I have a meeting with him on Dec 4th to go over the details some more. Definitely going to need some help from goons local to anything I find to go look at the car and pay a finders fee. I'm soooooo stoked!

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Fart Pipe posted:

I told him last night the best thing to do it get stuff from the south and west to bring back here to the Northeast

You monster. Destroying perfectly good cars by stealing them to the hell that is the rust belt.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Its going to be old collectible cars so I hope people wont buy something like that and ruin it in the winter here.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Time to start writing annual reviews for my employees. I wish it was kosher to sum up my thoughts with a gif or something. I writing these things.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Time to start writing annual reviews for my employees. I wish it was kosher to sum up my thoughts with a gif or something. I writing these things.

Did you know that hello.gif is actually a JPEG? :v:

Man I just can't handle this cold. I thought it sucked BEFORE I became a human crash test dummy. Even with my daily pill regiment and various surgeries- this poo poo sucks. I really want to go out and wrap up the wrenching on the Cheby (and a few minor things on the Ferd), but my hands just won't work. I get outside and everything just seizes up tighter than my sphincter the first time I saw a CSB pic.

ObAside: Chrome wanted to change sphincter to spinster. :keke:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Don't hesitate to make a compliment. I always get lovely one-liner reviews at the last minute after I've spent paragraphs upon paragraphs on my side.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Man. One of my roommates makes a lot of bacon, never cleans the stove top off, and as of this morning pours used bacon grease into bowls and leaves them on the counter.

:commissar:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
There's an off site management meeting today and a customer needs a new build but there's no one to approve it.

This is going to be fun.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Don't hesitate to make a compliment. I always get lovely one-liner reviews at the last minute after I've spent paragraphs upon paragraphs on my side.

Yeah, that's why I hate writing them because I end up doing a novel for each of my employees and I have 12 of them.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah, that's why I hate writing them because I end up doing a novel for each of my employees and I have 12 of them.

Keep in mind most of them probably really appreciate it. My current employer spends good time on employee reviews. I look forward to it every six months.

I'm also a drat awesome employee so that makes it easy for both of us.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I'm only 20 min away if you need an apprentice Fart Pipe.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

SlimManFat posted:

this morning pours used bacon grease into bowls and leaves them on the counter.

If you have a problem with this you don't know how to cook. My mother always had a bowl of bacon grease by the stove, and my wife does the same.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'm only 20 min away if you need an apprentice Fart Pipe.

I'm two hours away, but i own more V8s than SAC.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

HotCanadianChick posted:

If you have a problem with this you don't know how to cook. My mother always had a bowl of bacon grease by the stove, and my wife does the same.

P sure that poo poo gets thrown out.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

SlimManFat posted:

Man. One of my roommates makes a lot of bacon, never cleans the stove top off, and as of this morning pours used bacon grease into bowls and leaves them on the counter.

:commissar:
I have a little 6oz or so pouring cup for my bacon grease. If I need more I just add bacon to whatever the gently caress I'm cooking and ho wait, there's more bacon grease!

But yeah never cleaning the stove is a capital crime. I clean my stove like three times a week because of my breakfast habits.

cursedshitbox posted:

P sure that poo poo gets thrown out.
:goonsay:

HotCanadianChick posted:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
bacon grease used instead of butter on the griddle for pancakes makes things amazing. Better keep it in the fridge/freezer though, it goes rancid otherwise.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

kastein posted:

bacon grease used instead of butter on the griddle for pancakes makes things amazing. Better keep it in the fridge/freezer though, it goes rancid otherwise.

Also fries cooked in bacon grease.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I like to make bacon and drop a couple eggs into the grease after to fry them up like a mother fucker.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I fill old pickle jars with my bacon grease and then throw them out in one solid containable unit when they're full. A few years ago we had to do a "make your own gifts" thing for Christmas and I briefly considered turning an almost-full one into a candle.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Cooking with it can be awesome. but I really don't want to look like this by age 30:

The Midniter posted:

That picture doesn't even do him justice. If you saw a side profile you'd poo poo yourself. Easily one of if not the fattest people I've ever seen.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

cursedshitbox posted:

Cooking with it can be awesome. but I really don't want to look like this by age 30:

If you run three miles a day you can eat literally whatever the gently caress you want.

The problem is that with work the way it's been lately I haven't run in over a month, and the appetite is still there so I've put on like 15-20 in 30 days :suicide:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Wait what kind of fancy bacon do you buy where the grease isn't so full of salt no life can survive in it? I cringe thinking how much of that crap is clogging my arteries right now. I am hoping for nano grease eating bots that I can straight line into my heart.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Beach Bum posted:

If you run three miles a day you can eat literally whatever the gently caress you want.

The problem is that with work the way it's been lately I haven't run in over a month, and the appetite is still there so I've put on like 15-20 in 30 days :suicide:

Doing home/auto repair and going junkyarding for fun gives you the same blank check to eat whatever the gently caress you want. At least, I get that from it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Siochain posted:

I'll show them all

You laugh but a friend won a customer for life when he filled their forklift tires with foam then later cement. Substantially increased the life of the tires and they never had to worry about punctures again.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

kastein posted:

Doing home/auto repair and going junkyarding for fun gives you the same blank check to eat whatever the gently caress you want. At least, I get that from it.

Most people don't use an 8lb sledgehammer and anger as their only tools, either :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

NitroSpazzz posted:

You laugh but a friend won a customer for life when he filled their forklift tires with foam then later cement. Substantially increased the life of the tires and they never had to worry about punctures again.

Some of the Princess Auto "forklift tires" are already rubber carcasses filled with basically expanding foam. They produce hilarious burnouts as the smoke cloud becomes an ejaculatory stream of burning isocyanate foam.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Elephanthead posted:

Wait what kind of fancy bacon do you buy where the grease isn't so full of salt no life can survive in it? I cringe thinking how much of that crap is clogging my arteries right now. I am hoping for nano grease eating bots that I can straight line into my heart.

Stop buying that grocery store packaged poo poo and go to a proper butcher to buy your meats. Seriously, there isn't much change in cost but the flavor is so much better when buy from a local butcher. Your bacon shouldn't shrink to a third of its former self as you cook it.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I made marijuana brownies with bacon grease once. Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Picture probably related.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

There are services that fill industrial tires with foam so you never have to give a poo poo about punctures. They don't balance though, so forget about highway speeds.

Also, don't tractor tyres get filled with brine?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

goatse guy posted:

I made marijuana brownies with bacon grease once. Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Picture probably related.

The flannel/beard and text combo makes this guy a total winner. Go out with him ASAP.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

What's the supposed benefit to filling tires with nitrogen? And has it actually been proven?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Ozmiander posted:

The flannel/beard and text combo makes this guy a total winner. Go out with him ASAP.

He is sufficiently hot enough to overcome his awful first message. Flannel, beard, tattoos, and he's into punk rock. :swoon:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Psssshhhh, all the cool kids these days are rocking tweels.

The new 7-11 near my gym has a trick air/vacuum thing. Deposit your money, it defaults to 32 PSI, you can set it up or down by pressing the requisite arrows (goes at least as high as 60, when I topped up my spare). Stick the nozzle on the valve stem, it reads the pressure, adds (or removes) a little bit of air, checks again, until it's at your set pressure. It's fun to use.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

He is sufficiently hot enough to overcome his awful first message. Flannel, beard, tattoos, and he's into punk rock. :swoon:

Owns a Mac too, so he's probably a Subaru owner. Check for labrador retrievers.

The Midniter posted:

Psssshhhh, all the cool kids these days are rocking tweels.
I want to get a job at whatever division is testing these on road cars. "Today's project: can you go 180 on these?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Write a novel with all of them in it. Shittier employees die sooner.

For bonus points, make it a choose your own adventure deal.

• Locked thread