Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

MuffinMan posted:

*crosspost*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lnKa3f8RSE

but before I couldn't do this and it's way more fun

Yeah this and tagging harassers is a lot of fun. Using them as frags doesn't work so great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Patch notes for those stuck behind communist work filters.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-11-20.207954/

quote:

Downtime start: 6am PST
Fixed an issue where a player’s arms would remain invisible after cloaking
Speculative fix for players getting ejected from vehicles
Ikanam Biolab issues have been addressed
Improved readability of billboards with large amounts of text
Halloween seed currency will no longer appear in the UI
Halloween masks will no longer be equipable
Further updates to voice chat stability

330mb patch for just this. Must have been a large touchup at Ikanam.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Looks like they accidentally managed to give people the anniversary bundle for free. :downs:

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

A Tartan Tory posted:

Looks like they accidentally managed to give people the anniversary bundle for free. :downs:

...go on.

edit: Oh, SOE literally accidentally gave people the 2nd anniversary items for free. Higby's already implied that it's a known issue and will be temporary, so don't be surprised if you got stuff and it's removed suddenly.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 20, 2014

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap

quote:

Improved readability of billboards with large amounts of text

Is this UI jargon? I don't remember many billboards...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

A Tartan Tory posted:

How? HOW?! How the hell do you accidentally manage this?!

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Leal posted:

:soe:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Leal posted:

:soe:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I liked not wearing a helmet at all :(

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Nookovian-Red posted:

Is this UI jargon? I don't remember many billboards...

They call the advertising on the store page "billboards" in their code.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

I liked not wearing a helmet at all :(

oh is THAT why there were so many people with no helmets recently?

Hoping they fix the cloaking + moving turning your arms and weapon sights invisible bug

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
^^ You can equip the halloween helmets but they only show up clientside, for everyone else you're helmetless. You get the exp bonus though.

MuffinMan posted:

*crosspost*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lnKa3f8RSE

but before I couldn't do this and it's way more fun

Zu2 just does not know how to deal with the fact that something than actually threaten his fatsuit now. I did the same thing to him at TI Alloys last night. Stick him as he goes to push in the door, swap to deci, count to 3... and he charges, so I deci him in the back.
You'd think the first nade on him when hes still outside the room would tell him to hang back and wait.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
Yea, I only included that one because he was the only one who DIDN'T die to the AV stick, but I was still pretty pleased with the result.

I'm almost stuck on turning back to look at them now to see if it goes off.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Been playing this game for a long time and decided to randomly check my killboard and noticed an almost startling stat:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

General Probe posted:

Been playing this game for a long time and decided to randomly check my killboard and noticed an almost startling stat:

I've got something like 6,000 more VS kills than TR, which is a favored point to bring up when Wisdomcube goes on a "GOON IGNORING VS AS USUAL" tirade

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah this and tagging harassers is a lot of fun. Using them as frags doesn't work so great though.

Perhaps there shouldn't be a general "kill everything" grenade like Arghy wants. Hell, even trying to dumbfire rockets you only get one shot and the AOE isn't very good on them.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Guys let's just revert everything to how it was at release. Especially the zepher. Please.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Unclean009 posted:

Guys let's just revert everything to how it was at release. Especially the zepher. Please.

Don't forget the lolpods, which had Zephyr-levels of splash AND could 2-3 shot a shielded Vanguard

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Don't forget the lolpods, which had Zephyr-levels of splash AND could 2-3 shot a shielded Vanguard

It was pretty sweet to be able to kill 3 MBTs with rocket pods in one pass.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Rocket Pods are still complete and utter bullshit, I wish I could go back and experience release rocket pods.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

Rocket Pods are still complete and utter bullshit, I wish I could go back and experience release rocket pods.

Search for rocket pod+planetside on YouTube and filter for 2 years ago

It's also shocking how lovely flak was. You'll commonly see ESFs making 2+ passes over AA nests before repairing

THEN, do the same thing, except find Zephyr videos. Then weep.

Edit - BCP was being power leveled by probably multiple people using Prowler HE spam and lots of cheese, and some Zephyr gunner who played less STILL beat him to BR100, if that tells you anything

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

It's also shocking how lovely flak was. You'll commonly see ESFs making 2+ passes over AA nests before repairing

Edit - BCP was being power leveled by probably multiple people using Prowler HE spam and lots of cheese, and some Zephyr gunner who played less STILL beat him to BR100, if that tells you anything

Oh I was playing with them on release, I was just terrible at the game and leal level graphics. I wish I could personally go back and re-live the farm. Because when I play with rocket pods now I just think "it is complete bullshit that I am able to do the things I am doing right now, I still can't believe this is their nerfed form"

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Blasmeister posted:

The EM6 will murder your accuracy rating if you use it right as range is no barrier to being able to kill a guy when you have 200/200 bullets. Ex-Mags + comp + 1x scope was how I used mine. The gun has a good bit of vertical recoil you need to get used to and you need to ADS everything with it so I prefer the 1x red dot scope for maximum recoil control.
Despite unloading entire magazines at dots on the horizon I ended up with an 18% accuracy with it so I think it worked fairly well. Adrenaline shield might work out for you if you want to max your uptime.

I figured I'd follow up this from a few pages ago and do a little EM6 trip report since I tried some of this stuff out and it's been helpful.

Turns out you really don't want to be using anything more than a 1x scope (as suggested). Compensator is a given, but I opted for foregrip instead of Ex-mags since I wasn't running into any situation where I needed it. The biggest help was really discarding the HVA and slapping on the 1x, which brings it up from "flaming poo poo" status to "I'm just going to tough it out because it's my last LMG to aurax for Godsaw".

I'm still convinced the gun is bugged though, since COF just goes loving bananas for no reason sometimes, and I've never experienced that on other guns. Any other gun. The only way I figured to work around that is to fire in really short bursts, which feels retarded for a gun with a base magazine of 100, but it gets the job done.

Also there is 2x Member XP this weekend, which wasn't announced but only shown on the ticker on the PS2 Anniversary Stream. :getin: They need to start advertising that poo poo more prominently again.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Oh god, rocket pods at release were amazing. Wiping out an entire squad in like one salvo was not only possible but hilariously easy. They had a loving huge splash radius.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Do AV grenades ignore flak armor on MAXes? If not, they need to.

Edit: release rocket pods are the only reason I still to this day swear by flak armor on Medic. :ohdear:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Westy543 posted:

I believe if you stick a grenade to them, it does ignore, but nearby explosions count flak armor.

Kinetic forever anyway, since anything you'd use Flak against (direct rockets/AV nades) doesn't work. Except if you're fighting tanks, then Flak obv

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Westy543 posted:

Edit: release rocket pods are the only reason I still to this day swear by flak armor on Medic. :ohdear:

It does not ignore it, or at least the icon still shows up.

The real new meta with AV grenades is having a bunch of guys stick them to a friendly Charge MAX and then using him to shock and awe those tiny cap rooms before the real push comes.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

A direct grenade hit + a deci shot will still kill a full flak max.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

At release Flack didn't work. There is a youtube video of a Mosquito just face tanking 2 burster magazines and living with 90% health.

And the Zephyr was an orbital strike cannon with a 5 meter One Hit Kill splash range.

Renounced posted:

It does not ignore it, or at least the icon still shows up.

The real new meta with AV grenades is having a bunch of guys stick them to a friendly Charge MAX and then using him to shock and awe those tiny cap rooms before the real push comes.

We need to do this.Add some C4 for extra fun.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

I haven't used either since almost launch but I thought the EM1 was the garbage one of the two. And there seems to be a large number of people in server smash that went with the EM6.

I went Anchor first and will probably move to GD-22s next or not change at all since the GODSAW is awful.

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

MuffinMan posted:

I haven't used either since almost launch but I thought the EM1 was the garbage one of the two. And there seems to be a large number of people in server smash that went with the EM6.

I went Anchor first and will probably move to GD-22s next or not change at all since the GODSAW is awful.

I'd put the EM1 as marginally better. But people keep telling me the EM6 is picked up in ServerSmash because it's essentially the best at just creating a volume of fire at choke point. Fair enough for that, but no good when I'm trying to be a zero-impact kill-farming pub-lord.

The GD-22S is amazing though, I don't think there's any downside to that weapon except it doesn't get SPA like the Anchor. And that's just a marginal improvement, first assuming you can get use to the Anchors high recoil.

e: grammar

Renounced fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 20, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Renounced posted:

I figured I'd follow up this from a few pages ago and do a little EM6 trip report since I tried some of this stuff out and it's been helpful.

Turns out you really don't want to be using anything more than a 1x scope (as suggested). Compensator is a given, but I opted for foregrip instead of Ex-mags since I wasn't running into any situation where I needed it. The biggest help was really discarding the HVA and slapping on the 1x, which brings it up from "flaming poo poo" status to "I'm just going to tough it out because it's my last LMG to aurax for Godsaw".

I'm still convinced the gun is bugged though, since COF just goes loving bananas for no reason sometimes, and I've never experienced that on other guns. Any other gun. The only way I figured to work around that is to fire in really short bursts, which feels retarded for a gun with a base magazine of 100, but it gets the job done.

Also there is 2x Member XP this weekend, which wasn't announced but only shown on the ticker on the PS2 Anniversary Stream. :getin: They need to start advertising that poo poo more prominently again.

The reload is pretty short and the 100 deep mag is almost always enough so I cannot fault your decision at all there but I really wanted to experience the full Rambo 200 rounds and in my heart I knew I was making the right choice.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

The EM6 is a wonderful weapon and i would just like to sing its praises, its been my go-to heavy weapon for the last 2 months or so and I've been racking up kills, bursting with it means you can get a nice set of headshots and kill people very quickly, you just need to be a little patient with it, the 100 round magazine just lets you keep fighting and fighting in ways that the anchor/GD-22s really don't.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Evilreaver posted:

I believe if you stick a grenade to them, it does ignore, but nearby explosions count flak armor.

Kinetic forever anyway, since anything you'd use Flak against (direct rockets/AV nades) doesn't work. Except if you're fighting tanks, then Flak obv

Flak lets you survive C4, which will otherwise one hit kill you.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
God drat SOE is such a terrible piece of poo poo company. I got this computer a few weeks ago and it runs PS2 even in heavy environments at 50fps+. However, the computer is a refurb with an AMD video card, but it had nVidia drivers on it. I installed the Catalyst drivers (before I knew the nVidia ones were still on it) and everything worked peachy. Today I decided to uninstall the nVidia software because it clearly wasn't doing any good. Now I can't launch PS2 because it says I don't meet the minimum requirements. Is there a way to circumvent this stupid poo poo? All my other drivers are up to date.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

Overwined posted:

God drat SOE is such a terrible piece of poo poo company. I got this computer a few weeks ago and it runs PS2 even in heavy environments at 50fps+. However, the computer is a refurb with an AMD video card, but it had nVidia drivers on it. I installed the Catalyst drivers (before I knew the nVidia ones were still on it) and everything worked peachy. Today I decided to uninstall the nVidia software because it clearly wasn't doing any good. Now I can't launch PS2 because it says I don't meet the minimum requirements. Is there a way to circumvent this stupid poo poo? All my other drivers are up to date.

Use the PS2Launcher.exe shortcut and see if the same thing happens.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

MuffinMan posted:

Use the PS2Launcher.exe shortcut and see if the same thing happens.

Thanks, but same error. I guess I'm emailing support. See you next month, I guess!

PS: gently caress you Sony.

EDIT: I'm going to manually download the Catalyst drivers (the driver detector says I'm up to date) and try reinstalling that.

Overwined fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 21, 2014

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Overwined posted:

Thanks, but same error. I guess I'm emailing support. See you next month, I guess!

PS: gently caress you Sony.

EDIT: I'm going to manually download the Catalyst drivers (the driver detector says I'm up to date) and try reinstalling that.

You might want to try scrubbing your system of all display drivers and starting over. If you do this, make sure you run this program in safe mode. Then re-install the AMD drivers then give it a shot.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

KakerMix posted:

You might want to try scrubbing your system of all display drivers and starting over. If you do this, make sure you run this program in safe mode. Then re-install the AMD drivers then give it a shot.

Ah, that looks like good advice. If simply reinstalling Catalyst drivers doesn't work, I'll give this a shot. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Overwined posted:

Now I can't launch PS2 because it says I don't meet the minimum requirements.

Wait is this a thing? I know my gpu doesnt meet the reqs and I Can still play just fine.

• Locked thread