Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Eight-Six posted:

Are there any Dragoons around that are using the Wootz Mail set that can snap a few pics? I see a lot of the i110 tank Wootz armor but very little of the Mail.

It's ok I guess, I prefer the look of HA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Fister Roboto posted:

Boy I sure love all these overly complicated flowcharts with a million memes shoved into them! Super useful!

lol look at mister no fun over here

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AzureRequiem posted:

No! You can't make me! I was born to be anime.

ARE YOU SAYING FREDDY ISN'T ANIME?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

lol look at mister no fun over here

Haha John loving Madden! That gets funnier every time I see it! All my golden manbabies goon sire!

Seriously though, those things can be funny for people who already know what they're supposed to be doing or have a good idea of it, but if a legit newbie asks what they should be doing and you say "JOHN loving MADDEN" they're going to be completely helpless. They probably won't even get the joke.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 20, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Haha John loving Madden! That gets funnier every time I see it! All my golden manbabies goon sire!

Seriously though, those things can be funny for people who already know what they're supposed to be doing or have a good idea of it, but if a legit newbie asks what they should be doing and you say "JOHN loving MADDEN" they're going to be completely helpless. They probably won't even get the joke.

That's why you post the chart have a laugh and then give them actual advice you goober

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Cant tell jokes someone might be too stupid to get them

How is football going to help me at a time like this

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I don’t know the context of the JOHN loving MADDEN joke outside of the flowcharts, but upon seeing a bunch of the same (few) icon(s) with a shitload of arrows scribbled between them, I thought it was a mildly humorous way of showing you should spam the shown skill(s). Not that hard to figure out!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It might help the case if they were actually funny.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
mlyp

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

The Scholar one that blames failure on the White Mage is pretty funny :shobon:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Mango Polo posted:

I haven't seen the Scholar one. Can you post it? I skimmed the last page in case it ended up there and didn't see it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CodfishCartographer posted:

I don’t know the context of the JOHN loving MADDEN joke outside of the flowcharts, but upon seeing a bunch of the same (few) icon(s) with a shitload of arrows scribbled between them, I thought it was a mildly humorous way of showing you should spam the shown skill(s). Not that hard to figure out!
I'm pretty sure the original one was talking about feral druids in WoW, who had a lot of skills to juggle, without any simple way to explain how or what order or anything in. So "hit one button over and over" is kinda the opposite.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

I do like basically being able to stay in Cleric stance all the time in anything not-coil, so my party basically gets an extra DPS slot.

E: If you can't keep the tank up and the party going while in Cleric stance you are a really bad scholar, critical point to this is don't let your fairy unsummon/die, because if you do, you lose a lot of your healing.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

I haven't seen the Scholar one. Can you post it? I skimmed the last page in case it ended up there and didn't see it.

I'm on a phone but I think this should work.

click here.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

How does one endgame paladin, anyways? Mine is almost at 50 and I wanna try to raid with it.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

orange juche posted:

E: If you can't keep the tank up and the party going while in Cleric stance you are a really bad scholar, critical point to this is don't let your fairy unsummon/die, because if you do, you lose a lot of your healing.
When I first started learning to Place my fairy, I'd forget to heel it back and next pull wonder why the tank was dropping like a rock.

Bulk Slabhead
Oct 18, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Hey now John Madden is timeless and hilarious.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Kuvo posted:

this is a good video

Especially the use of lvl 13 Cutscene and lvl 50 Crafting Gear. Makes the video feel well thought out.

fakedit: You can't review the unlocking the Aesthetician cutscene in the Unending Journey can you?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Zereth posted:

I'm pretty sure the original one was talking about feral druids in WoW, who had a lot of skills to juggle, without any simple way to explain how or what order or anything in. So "hit one button over and over" is kinda the opposite.

Pretty much. It was a snide, jokey way to say "hey we can't really lay out what abilities to use here because the timers don't even remotely line up, please stop asking for a step by step, just keep everything running!". Being a memetic joke, people didn't get it and the meaning was eventually lost.

Fast forward to today and we have the two dozen step Dragoon "rotation" :cripes:

(edit) Question of my own, and this is probably as spergin as the DPS flowchart discussion :v:: is Aetherial Manipulation considered a teleport, or a dash? In other words, if I use it at the last possible second such that my camera's still pointing at me being in/on the edge of an AoE while I'm warping outside it, will I get hit?

(related: thanks to whoever suggested putting that thing on a mouseover macro, it's so gooood)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 21, 2014

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Epic XD

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

inSTAALed posted:

Is anybody in this thread on Brynhildr? I'm probably just going to stick with this world for now. Just hit 30 on my conjurer and want to give it a couple months to see if I keep playing the game before paying to transfer (if I transfer).

Healing is fun because you get lots of commendations just for existing and showing basic competence.

Hmm... I wonder who might happen be on Brynhildr?

Visit Ward 3, Plot 6 in the Goblet!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Kodilynn posted:

Lot of food related named people too on Excal.

Team Brotato (Small Potatoes and Baked Potato). Someone was leveling Mashed Potatoes but I've never seen it.

My guy is named Reduced Cholesterol and he journeys the countryside with his noble chocobo Sodium and his retainer Potassium.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So I gave the EX primals a shot after having only done EX Garuda some months ago and it's exposed me to a very nasty subset of the community. I haven't seen someone be outright malicious or elitist in ARR outside of the forums til now, and it's kinda depressing with how generally pleasant everyone has been up til now.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Whizbang posted:

I need Byregot's Blessing for "A Highwind in Ishgard", but maybe I'm just bad.

No, that one's just insane.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DeathSandwich posted:

My guy is named Reduced Cholesterol and he journeys the countryside with his noble chocobo Sodium and his retainer Potassium.
What about his other retainer?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Verranicus posted:

So I gave the EX primals a shot after having only done EX Garuda some months ago and it's exposed me to a very nasty subset of the community. I haven't seen someone be outright malicious or elitist in ARR outside of the forums til now, and it's kinda depressing with how generally pleasant everyone has been up til now.

Play with goons. Some people may get tired and drop after an hour of wipes, but at the very least nobody is going to scream at you.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

DeathSandwich posted:

We also have esteemed progression raider Big Pizza and absentee DGKK leader Cup Noodle.

Also RIP Fred Fredburger.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
DGKK has a whole rank for people with food names.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

PhilippAchtel posted:

Here's another recruit-a-friend code. I don't have any friends, so I guess someone on here will have to do.

GP2XTBJ8

I used this!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

quote:

This e-mail has been sent to inform you that your friend has successfully used your recruitment code to register a FINAL FANTASY XIV account.

Thanks, friend! I hope you enjoy this game and its puns as much as I have.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

PhilippAchtel posted:

Thanks, friend! I hope you enjoy this game and its puns as much as I have.
The localization team for FFXIV is fantastic. There's a real playfulness to the localization that makes it fun to read, and Koji Fox was really entertaining during Fanfest.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo raiders get so salty when SE messes with "their" toys.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/204671-Thanks-for-making-Second-Coil-more-accessible

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Intoluene posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TtUBZyYJr0

He's an alt of Denmo Mcstronghuge. Pretty cool dude.

This is the single greatest thing.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

People who post seriously on the official forums are almost unanimously batshit and they should not to be used to represent any portion of the player base, ever. They come from a bizarro no man's land where ET for the atari 2600 was an amazing success and Nintendo can't stop releasing new IPs.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Intoluene posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TtUBZyYJr0

He's an alt of Denmo Mcstronghuge. Pretty cool dude.

holy poo poo i've never needed anything more in my life than this

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
anyone else getting 5006 trying to log in?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kuvo posted:

anyone else getting 5006 trying to log in?

Yeah I'm having a rough time logging in. I finally did after about 20 minutes of trying, to find a queue.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

God help you if you try to join a T9 group as a Warrior, I swear I've never heard so much whining in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Well, if they're that dead-set against warriors you'd think they'd set up their PF group to, I dunno, only look for a paladin. Then you can just roll your eyes at them and move on, and they don't have to get themselves all worked up.

• Locked thread