Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

21st Cherry boy posted:

What's the Hulk even giving out for top 100? I haven't entered yet because I want to pick the last ending time but it's glitchy and won't let me.

Grey Widow with Invis Woman for 1st spot.

Glad to see the sentry/hood nerf has killed the 1000+ scores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm not in it for them, I really just want the resources and practice. I'm from the era of level 70's being as high as you really needed to go.. :(

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

SynthOrange posted:

Grey Widow with Invis Woman for 1st spot.

Glad to see the sentry/hood nerf has killed the 1000+ scores.

I have 2 people with 2000 points in my bracket

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My rank keeps climbing somehow. I'm not 11th with less than a half hour to go. I haven't played it all day.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
This has been a pretty productive week for me. 2 BP covers (1 from a standard pack) and 2 Hulk covers to bring them to lvlmax 140, a GSBW cover to get her to 166, and a beast cover from a standard pack because why not?

I feel like I could have done worse than have LazyCap & GSBW as my first maxed duo, with Hulk, BP & Hood coming up behind them. I've gotta get my hands on a blue Hood cover tho, cuz he's worse than a 2-star at 5/0/5 <:mad:>

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

fishtobaskets posted:

I've gotta get my hands on a blue Hood cover tho, cuz he's worse than a 2-star at 5/0/5 <:mad:>
Ha and I thought my boyfriend's 5 purple/ 5 yellow/ 0 blue Spiderman was bad.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Had a 3/5/5 GSBW but made a little push to break top 25 so I could snag another green. Now she's 4/4/5 and I'm going to actually start leveling her up hoping I can grab one more green. She pairs really well with spidey and patch.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I just need to vent, I don't know what the gently caress is going on with the bracket matchmaking, but it's total bullshit. Slobofix is in my bracket. A whale with a fully maxed out team. I'm rocking 2 star level 94 guys. Yeah, great matchmaking there.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
So I just started this game. Is there any real way of going about this aside from going through the story as much as you can?

I dont know whether to focus on story first or just to jump right into versus to get some of these limited rewards.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
If you can do well enough in versus to get rewards, then that's great - do that. Revert to advancing through the story when there's no versus matches you can do. But you'll want to get through it eventually just to mine out all the rewards, specifically the Hero Points, which let you unlock the character slots you'll need to keep your PVP rewards.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Hit versus, there should be some low level teams you can fight in the new Iron Man tournament. You'll get some ISO and probably some 1* and 2* characters from that. The cards you can use or sell for ISO. Keep an eye out for Thor, Ares, and OBW cards from the 2* range, they'll be the bread and butter for 2* teams. Until you get a couple of solid 2* characters, focus on Iron Man, Storm, Juggernaut and Black Widow from the 1* characters. Feel free to ditch them once you have enough covers from

In two days lightning rounds start. Every couple hours you can hit starter teams out with a loaner 3* character for easy and cheap ISO.

There's a 1* to 3* guide link that was posted the last page or so. Read the character rankings there and tips on how to gain ISO, it's way better than I could tell you how to go about doing things.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

And don't spend HP on tokens, at least when beginning. Once I got a good enough team to get some solid HP from PvP or special PvE events I did a few daily discounted hero tokens for ** and *** guys, but it's only worth that when you have a surplus. The main place to use HP is in getting room for more characters, particularly since they've decided to water down the tiers a lot with a new *** every week these days. You won't be hanging onto all of them, but even a cover that's regarded as not worth much can be a beginner's boon when the RNG deals them a bunch of those over the good covers.

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

The new choose your ending time events have been pretty good to me, between the black widow and hulk ones I've been attacked a grand total of twice and managed top 50 without much effort (not that it takes that much in the first place).

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Requesting entry into G.O.O.N. I'm active atleast once a day.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Looks like the new patch clears up the Android 5 issues, at least on my Nexus 10.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Working for my nexus 4 too. Now to attempt to get groot and rocket raccoon.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Evil Vin posted:

Working for my nexus 4 too. Now to attempt to get groot and rocket raccoon.

The last phase of the pve should have rubberbanding for those of you who werent able to join any of the subs

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I pulled an Invisible Woman this morning, which is almost worse than pulling a 1-star. I can't bring myself to sell her, but I'll never get enough to use her. I had to buy coins just to make room. God, I'm part of the problem..

Another returning player question- why do my old school teammates start at negative Iso-9 when I'm leveling them up? If it was some bug from them changing how much is required, why isn't it fixing itself after I level? It shouldn't be that hard.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I last played this game back when Punisher was the newest character; is the game still funbalanced or have the devs finally pulled their heads out of their asses?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Why are the stars on my Captain America - Steve Rogers flashing on the Roster screen? It says he's a "Gold Character"... whatever that means.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

New Leaf posted:

Why are the stars on my Captain America - Steve Rogers flashing on the Roster screen? It says he's a "Gold Character"... whatever that means.

I think all the lazy characters get that flashing icon (Thor, Dakan, etc.)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Okay, I'm assuming G.O.O.N.'s head honcho abandoned the game, are there any active alliances that would have me? :kiddo:

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
I can probably add you to G.O.O.N, I have administrative rights.

Don't know if it'll work since I'm on an android but I'll give it a shot.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just requested to join too if there's room, I'm Tantris.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
New Leaf, you're in. Deakul, I didn't see your request and we're at 20 people now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

LifeGetsWorser posted:

New Leaf, you're in. Deakul, I didn't see your request and we're at 20 people now.

Yeah, my bad, I jumped the gun and got rid of my request cause I'm impatient. :arghfist:
Thanks though.

Request sent to the Wailing Fungus alliance. :kiddo:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 25, 2014

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

drat, sorry dude. There anyone inactive you can kick?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

AnonSpore posted:

I last played this game back when Punisher was the newest character; is the game still funbalanced or have the devs finally pulled their heads out of their asses?

It's not horrible anymore but the most outspoken goons will hate on it. The worst part right now is 3 star over-saturation.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Just started playing myself, needed something to tool around with during down periods at work, and I am positively hooked. Going to start trawling through this mammoth thread and get my learnin' on.

Any active/well populated Goon alliances? I play a lot and will be at least a bit useful - my hodunk aussie alliance has been carried through the last few events by me feverishly playing this stupid game at midnight each night...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Just started playing myself, needed something to tool around with during down periods at work, and I am positively hooked. Going to start trawling through this mammoth thread and get my learnin' on.

Any active/well populated Goon alliances? I play a lot and will be at least a bit useful - my hodunk aussie alliance has been carried through the last few events by me feverishly playing this stupid game at midnight each night...

The OP is almost 100% outdated info

The best solution would be for the OP to just delete it and put this link in instead: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=d089c2c44b48d4c2d81d03b58268c16d

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 25, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

AnonSpore posted:

Same poo poo, bigger pile.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The best solution would be for the OP to just delete it and put this link in instead: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=d089c2c44b48d4c2d81d03b58268c16d

Any worthwhile places to look for an alliance on there?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
While I empathize with all the Nexus users that were shut out of the game for a week, I'm pretty annoyed that I grinded that entire stupid event, got top 50 in every sub-event, and ended up 157th due to all the rubberbanding right at the end. I played for an hour non-stop last night from full points and ended up at a lower rank than when I started.

e: speaking of which, does anybody have any tips for gaming the rubber band mechanic? I've always assumed you should start as soon as the event begins, playing a round every time you get back to full points, but the top players are somehow accumulating points faster than that. Should you grind a node into dust & then wait 8 hours? Wait to start the event until the nodes have fattened up a bit?

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 26, 2014

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

fishtobaskets posted:

Should you grind a node into dust & then wait 8 hours? Wait to start the event until the nodes have fattened up a bit?

Most optimal play is to check in every 2.5 hours. The only reason to grind a node to dust is if you can't play for a while. Fattened nodes are there to help you catch up but you'll never surpass anyone that was hitting them every 2.5 hours. Like everything else, pick a weird off time to start and hopefully you'll get a bracket of slackers and not have to try that hard. Thats what I do!

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was just happy that while everyone else was pounding after Groot, I was able to snag not one but two Lazy Daken covers in the other event, bringing him to a staggering 0/1/3. For whatever reason, Lazy Daken, Patch (0/2/2) and Punisher (3/2/1) have always been really elusive for me while Loki and Doctor Doom covers rain from the skies. Spider-Man Classic was worse, I had him at 1/0/0 for months until after he got nerfed into uselessness, whereupon 9 covers promptly dropped.

Even so, I was luckier in my Thick as Thieves group than you were. I did pretty much exactly the same thing as you, and it was good enough for me to finish 103rd.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

People went loving nuts for Groot. I quickly realized I had no shot at top 150 at all, and just got the yellow falcon cover and stopped playing. I did manage my first Lazy Daken blue cover though from the PVP, so that was nice.

I try to pick late beginning times, this game seems crazy popular in Europe, so I try to join brackets at like 10 or 11PM CST, which is the middle of the night over there. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

PVP scores were way down in the last event. The previous event top 10 meant 1400 points, with top players scoring over 2000. My bracket had some huge whales in it. This last one top 10 was 900 points and I don't think anyone went over 1300 pts. I hope they loving fix PVP brackets next season.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

skipdogg posted:

People went loving nuts for Groot. I quickly realized I had no shot at top 150 at all, and just got the yellow falcon cover and stopped playing. I did manage my first Lazy Daken blue cover though from the PVP, so that was nice.

I try to pick late beginning times, this game seems crazy popular in Europe, so I try to join brackets at like 10 or 11PM CST, which is the middle of the night over there. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

PVP scores were way down in the last event. The previous event top 10 meant 1400 points, with top players scoring over 2000. My bracket had some huge whales in it. This last one top 10 was 900 points and I don't think anyone went over 1300 pts. I hope they loving fix PVP brackets next season.

I guess I got really lucky, I think I was in the top 70 in my bracket and I wasn't really grinding, just did every mission once.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

For the week long pve events I join when the counter is under 2 days left. I got a top 100 finish with around 20 or 30k points. Did everything once and then did the essential missions about 3 more times each through the day. When I stopped I was top 50 but the event finished 6am my time so obviously I dropped down bit.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Thanks d3 for offering Thora as rewards for the pve event over Thanksgiving. I give thanks for the cruel developers at d3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
When I signed up for Heavy Metal, I'm pretty sure I chose 6:00 P.M. today as the end time, but I just logged on and it was already finished. What's up with that?