Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've had several, they usually show up in the secret rooms for me. I think one showed up in an item room once but I'm not sure. It gives you one red heart, one soul heart, and one evil heart.

And if you play as Samson, you can tap them all for damage! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Ariong posted:

I saw one once, but I passed it up because I was playing as the Lost. I'm not sure if the special item thing still exists, and if it does what counts as a special item, so I passed it up. Someday.

AnonSpore posted:

Nah, just persistent.

Also yeah, I've seen black lotus a few times before. The rarest items for me have been transcendence (seen once) and skeleton key (also seen once). Oddly most of my secret room items tend to be either the Necronomicon, infamy, or pyromaniac. Also, secret room items are super rare in general, compared to the original. I'll get one maybe once every ten or so complete runs.

Special items are an original BoI thing, not Rebirth. Guess its just really rare then, like all Secret Room pedestal items. I've seen Transcendence about 3 times (each time when I already had flight), and the Skeleton Key twice (super helpful on a Hard run with Maggy). But tbh I find that challenge room pedestals are as much if not more rare. In fact blood challenge rooms seem to never be worth it since I dont think I've ever seen an item in one.

After I posted that I started a Hard Eve run and one of her starting items was the Black Lotus. Does this count toward your item collection? I am pretty sure using the D4 to get items you've never had repeatedly does, as I have the Mind, Body, and Soul all unlocked in the collection page before I ever even started runs with the Lost.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait, does the Stopwatch really slow enemies in EVERY room? That's so incredibly broken. I think it might be the strongest item in the game.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

RatHat posted:

Wait, does the Stopwatch really slow enemies in EVERY room? That's so incredibly broken. I think it might be the strongest item in the game.

It has a random chance of doing so every time you enter a room, but you can game it by re-entering a room until it triggers. This is one of the cases where broken remote along with something like The Jump Button can be of use. You can just keep porting yourself out until you get it to trigger.

The only place that won't work is on the Boss Rush after the Mom fight because the bosses won't be there after you've come back if you ported out while fighting them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You sure? It's been happening every room for me. To be clear, I'm talking about the Stopwatch you unlock at 999 coins donated to the shop, not the Broken Stopwatch.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

ErIog posted:

It has a random chance of doing so every time you enter a room, but you can game it by re-entering a room until it triggers. This is one of the cases where broken remote along with something like The Jump Button can be of use. You can just keep porting yourself out until you get it to trigger.

The only place that won't work is on the Boss Rush after the Mom fight because the bosses won't be there after you've come back if you ported out while fighting them.

The broken watch is only a chance. The stopwatch that unlocks for 999 coins donated slows everything.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Well I just had a hilariously overpowered Judas run where fear tears, flight, a scapegoat mulligan, and the Holy Mantle lead to me almost never getting hit. How does the game repay me when I try to take an Eden victory lap?

Tiny Planet and max range. Say what you will about the Planet's usual bad range, at least you can reliably hit with that. This was just a mess of tears everywhere.

The Haunt showed up to rub my failure in my face.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

13/f/cali posted:

The broken watch is only a chance. The stopwatch that unlocks for 999 coins donated slows everything.

Oh wow, that's nuts.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
So how do you blow up the statues in devil/angel rooms? It's been mentioned in this thread before, and I've laid bombs at the base like you would with the greed guys in stores and such and nothing happens.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

I, Butthole posted:

So how do you blow up the statues in devil/angel rooms? It's been mentioned in this thread before, and I've laid bombs at the base like you would with the greed guys in stores and such and nothing happens.

Have you beaten ??? or The Lamb yet?

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

I, Butthole posted:

As far as I am aware of the statues themselves technically aren't bombable but there is a rock??? hidden behind the statue.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The only annoying thing about the Stopwatch is that it makes the music sound like an electric guitarist having a seizure.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm broken.
Every time I play Azazeal, I get loads of tear effects that may only be marginally useful.
Playing as anyone else, it's tons of buddies and trinkets but my tears stay basic almost all the time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I, Butthole posted:

You have to unlock the "The Angels Await!!!" secret by killing ??? or The Lamb first, which requires unlocking the Polaroid or the Negative.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

13/f/cali posted:

Doesn't the broken watch have a chance to speed up enemies in a room too? I could swear this has happened where the music picks up speed and I think poo poo was going quicker as well.

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.

Inzombiac posted:

I'm broken.
Every time I play Azazeal, I get loads of tear effects that may only be marginally useful.
Playing as anyone else, it's tons of buddies and trinkets but my tears stay basic almost all the time.

The magic RNG gods are displeased with you it seems. Might want to try out some seeds that give you the opportunity of getting interesting synergies.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Tracula posted:

Doesn't the broken watch have a chance to speed up enemies in a room too? I could swear this has happened where the music picks up speed and I think poo poo was going quicker as well.

It does and it poo poo on a run for me earlier in a room full of heart+masks.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Yup, though the speed up chance seems to be a lot smaller than the slow chance, and the fixed watch never does that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I had the broken watch speed up the Mask of Infamy and my tears literally did not travel fast enough to hit it even from the side. It was truly an annoying loss.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Chocolate Milk + Ipecac might be my favorite combination. Look at this poo poo.

Unfortunately, that was a ??? run and without a way to restore health from all the self-bombing I was doing, it didn't end in a win. Can never seem to get Dark Bum to appear for ???...

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Samson + Dark Bum on floor 1 item room: "Bullshit teleporting Lump enemies in the womb don't hurt me, they make me ANGRY! SAMSON SMASH!"

By the time I reached the Lamb I was shooting tears as big as Isaac's head, even after I'd eaten a +size mushroom.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Finally bought it today - after my third playthrough I had beaten Sheol (devil room appeared after first heart kill) and had everyone BUT Magdalene unlocked... progress may be faster than for the original Isaac.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 21, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RatHat posted:

It's really really good for 99% of the enemies/rooms in the game, and for the remaining 1% it doesn't help that much and you're still screwed unless you have beefy offense to back it up. It doesn't work on brimstone attacks, heart+masks, and fukken red poop. Also ground pound effects like the poo poo the Adversary and Cage do.

Also it actually makes the Lamb fight really hard because the slow effect seems to make the homing more potent.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

AnonSpore posted:

It's really really good for 99% of the enemies/rooms in the game, and for the remaining 1% it doesn't help that much and you're still screwed unless you have beefy offense to back it up. It doesn't work on brimstone attacks, heart+masks, and fukken red poop. Also ground pound effects like the poo poo the Adversary and Cage do.

Also it actually makes the Lamb fight really hard because the slow effect seems to make the homing more potent.

That's why Sacred Heart is such a good item.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Playing through an Eden run right now where my starting item was Missingno. It's like 10 runs in one! 32B6 0MM7, assuming that Eden's start depends on seed.

EDIT: Oh man, it looks like it is. If Missingno randoms are this way too, then I'm pretty sure this is *the* Eden seed. Highlights include early Lord of the Flies that persists through the run, Mom's Knife with ridiculous range, shielded poisonous Tiny Planet tears, and the VORTEX CANNON in the Cathedral (High damage, Monstro's Lung, Cricket's Body, and the Strange Attractor. Sucks all the enemies into your face where they instantly die.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 21, 2014

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Maybe it was just the run I was getting (I got Cricket's Body + Eve's Mascara in the chests at the beginning of the Chest) but Mega Satan's phases seem to go by really quick. Like, the first one was almost instant. Maybe splash damage can register on multiple hitboxes on him?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Has anyone made a cheat engine for Rebirth yet? I utterly suck at this game and have no desire whatsoever to play with the Lost for his unlocks. I don't find those kind of challenges fun. Everything else is fine to unlock the hard way, I can actually do those challenges and such, and have fun while doing them while the Lost would reduce me to a nervous, stressed out, frustrated wreck.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Today was the first time I've ever formed room-filling tears like that. It was satisfying. I didn't even have polyphemus in that run! Note: Parasite triggers on every enemy or part of an enemy it travels over when you have dead onion.

I also managed to get Brimstone + Ludovico on another run for the first time. After Coal + Proptosis and some other Dmg+ items, the Brimstone Ring was so big I could only move it left and right.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Wow, my mega-tear run has been upstaged by the guy before me. :(

I finally found a situation where Proptosis wouldn't screw me over, and that's when my damage is already so high my tears are HUGE and they take a long time to shrink down. This is with Cricket's Head, Chemical Peel, Blood Clot, 20-20. I picked up the Halo in the Womb 1 Angel Room and Capricorn as my last Chest prize to make it even more stupid.

I killed Mega-Satan in 1:27 without being hit.

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.

Holy gently caress. Thats totally ridiculous, you don't have the seed by any chance?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

First floor curse room...

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

There are plenty of ways to get flying on floor one (buying Hanged Man or Bible from the shop, finding Lord of the Pit or Spirit of the Night in the Curse Room/devil teleport, finding stuff like Ascendance or Shears in the item room, being Azazel or The Lost), and frankly The Lost can do with a little boost. I think jumping might also work on that layout, although I've never tried it.

Yep the jump button will get you in there. I once saw that room but it was a prayer card in the middle. I jumped in and picked it up and then realised I had no way of getting it out. I am truly smart. It was actually quite hard to jump out of it since you only just get enough momentum from running across the single tile and on top of that I also had to somehow avoid picking up the prayer card again.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Read posted:

First floor curse room...

Wow, do you have the seed for that run?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Lost is loving awful, it be cool if he was novelty character, use him if you want, but no he has unlocks tied to him. He seriously should not be in the game.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Wow, do you have the seed for that run?

GKAB
96J1

But you have to reroll the room to get those, it's initially the Mask of Infamy or w/e and Guppy's Tail.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Alteisen posted:

The Lost is loving awful, it be cool if he was novelty character, use him if you want, but no he has unlocks tied to him. He seriously should not be in the game.

Fully agree. I want his unlocks so I can have fun with other characters, but I know I'm not good enough to use him, let alone have fun with him.

If you just got achievements for beating him and needed him only for True Plat, I'd be juuust fine never touching him. But the Body/Mind/Soul/D100/Godhead/Isaac's Heart being locked behind him annoys and irritates me.

Honestly I think the Lost should have started with 3 hearts and just never been able to recover/heal them. He'd still be way out of my skill bracket but I'd think he'd at least be a sane challenge. Of course he can't really be changed now because it would upset a lot of people for "cheapening" their (admittedly impressive) achievement.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Alkydere posted:

Fully agree. I want his unlocks so I can have fun with other characters, but I know I'm not good enough to use him, let alone have fun with him.

If you just got achievements for beating him and needed him only for True Plat, I'd be juuust fine never touching him. But the Body/Mind/Soul/D100/Godhead/Isaac's Heart being locked behind him annoys and irritates me.

Honestly I think the Lost should have started with 3 hearts and just never been able to recover/heal them. He'd still be way out of my skill bracket but I'd think he'd at least be a sane challenge. Of course he can't really be changed now because it would upset a lot of people for "cheapening" their (admittedly impressive) achievement.

I still think he should just no health, BUT is protected by the Holy Mantle from the start. It would still make him super hard as hell to use for the vast majorty of the BoI player base. It also allows him access to the Curse Rooms, which he can't do by normal reasons (unless the room is next to a Secret Room).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah having a 1-hit buffer would make the Lost a lot more playable but still remain pretty hard.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

ChibiSoma posted:

Chocolate Milk + Ipecac might be my favorite combination. Look at this poo poo.

Unfortunately, that was a ??? run and without a way to restore health from all the self-bombing I was doing, it didn't end in a win. Can never seem to get Dark Bum to appear for ???...

:stare: I wasn't aware you could one shot the fallen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Thanks Internet posted:

:stare: I wasn't aware you could one shot the fallen

You can one-shot Blue Baby and the Lamb.