Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Yodzilla posted:

So how does everyone feel about the new, bigger rooms? I liked them at first but after a short while they just started feeling tedious to me. The enemies aren't built to take advantage of the space so it's almost always an easy fight that just takes a while because there are a lot of dudes to kill over a wide area. They throw the pace of the game off.
I'm not totally sure, except I love big rooms later on(in the chest/dark room especially) which are just loving full of bosses or sins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Disgusting Coward posted:

What embarassingly obvious thing am I missing?

Zeron posted:

So if you take the Polaroid you have to go through Cathedral if you want to go to the Chest, and Sheol if you take the Negative.

Haha, there we go. Thanks!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

God drat it, I had one of the most powerful Isaac runs I've ever had but only got one angel room. gently caress you, Mega Satan.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Got Spelunker Boy last night. Think the game took pity on me because the second boss was The Hollow - with only one worm. Also got Everything is Terrible, and I'm gonna start doing the Hard Mode unlocks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If I've already got Quad Shot on Azazel, is Mom's Knife worth it? Dunno if I'd get a damage increase or not.

edit: nevermind, as it turns out the answer is a resounding gently caress yes. Holy poo poo, anything I don't kill on the first hit dies to the knives returning, and this is in the boss rush! Of course, now there's zero chance of my getting angel rooms because this is too loving good.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 21, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If it overrides his mini-brimstone it's probably a range boost :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tollymain posted:

If it overrides his mini-brimstone it's probably a range boost :v:

It's not, but with quad shot you get four knives and you oneshot all non champion generic bosses. The knives coming back also counts as a second hit, so pretty much everything but the end game story bosses are vaporized. I also had Hive Mind, Guppy's Head, and the Infested Baby though so even if something survives that they die almost instantly.

I didn't get my angel room, but I did get an Ankh so I guess that's the Chest cleared with the blue baby. :v:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Yodzilla posted:

So how does everyone feel about the new, bigger rooms? I liked them at first but after a short while they just started feeling tedious to me. The enemies aren't built to take advantage of the space so it's almost always an easy fight that just takes a while because there are a lot of dudes to kill over a wide area. They throw the pace of the game off.

Large rooms can be neat, but it would be better if they didn't appear until the Caves. On the Basement floors they're often tedious, because it takes a long time to go through them with your base tears.

I think my favourite large room is the one in the Cathedral with two Envys, one Super Envy and a lot of invincible skulls. That one really forces you to dodge.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Fingerless Gloves posted:

The worst room will always be the 2 wide room in the cellar which has about 20 spiders and 4 fat spiders. If you don't have any kind of piercing/spectral tears there's pretty much no way to get through there unscathed.

Also the fat spiders really gently caress me up now and I have no idea how to not get hosed up by them.

The rooms that are just filled to the brim with those ultra-fast leach looking things can really gently caress me up. Doubly so if they're the exploding type.

Also those goddamn laser wall spiders always catch me bit surprise as I barge into a room.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The three most dangerous enemies are the laser spiders, those shitheads in the womb that teleport under where you are standing and my brain when it forgets that a room had spikes when I'm rushing back through a level to see if I missed anything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nah man, those stupid red piles of poo poo are the worst. Especially when they are surrounding every entrance to a room. I swear I walk into it every time.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Laser spiders are my punishment for playing this game impatiently. Then I get irritated and try to just power through the laser and kill them, forgetting that the laser can and will hit you twice.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

The biggest change in Rebirth is that Samson is actually a good/fun character now. He was so horrible in Wrath of the Lamb that I never bothered to try him in rebirth until just now, that I'm doing the unlocking everything circuit. He's actually really fun to play now.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I finally managed to beat at least moms heart and isaac with the lost. Didnt get a single stat up item the whole game and the only devil room item that was useful was guppy itself. This loving game.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Add walking hosts to the list of overly dangerous enemies, especially in a room with regular hosts or turrets.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Add walking hosts to the list of overly dangerous enemies, especially in a room with regular hosts or turrets.

Have you found the room with hosts and rotating indestructible laser eyes? Because I have.

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."
This setup with Godhead, triple shot, Chocolate Milk and some other stuff was ridiculous. Every enemy in the bright tear aura (the whole room) dies pretty much immediately with the opening shot. Awesome room clearer but not quite enough to one-shot the blue baby.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Would Monkey's Paw be comparable to a limited use Scapular?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

HGH posted:

Would Monkey's Paw be comparable to a limited use Scapular?

That's exactly what it is. Not very worth it IMO unless you already have 0 max hearts so it can trigger when you're not about to die.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i rerolled a 6 damage up + flying eden into a cursed eye, monstros lung and bob's brain eden with no flying :(

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
As a general rule, interpret 1 or 6 die rooms as "free Bob's Brain plus minimum stats".

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I actually found out that Bob's brain is pretty drat good if you're in a situation where you have no tears. Completed the cat got your tongue challenge, carried through by the brain. When it's your only shot method, it's waaaay easier to use.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Skaw posted:

I actually found out that Bob's brain is pretty drat good if you're in a situation where you have no tears. Completed the cat got your tongue challenge, carried through by the brain. When it's your only shot method, it's waaaay easier to use.

The item is mostly tricky to use because there's a delay on when you enter a room and when it'll fire for the first time. It's not as bad as people say but it's really, really annoying to get used to.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

LaughMyselfTo posted:

As a general rule, interpret 1 or 6 die rooms as "free Bob's Brain plus minimum stats".

I don't use these rooms if I have flying, period (unless I'm Azazel, who can't lose the ability to fly but can acquire the walking animation at the same time :v:). Otherwise, roll them bones, baby.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The first time ever I wanted Bob's Brain was when I found Pyromaniac...and he was waiting for me down in the Womb in the blue mini-boss door. It was just hilarious then since "oh I accidentally hit myself when near a enemy" and just heal up.

Fighting Satan with Pyromaniac was fun through, since his third form couldn't even hurt me, as those flying guys in the room kept ramming me and healing me to the point I was at full health the whole time he was stomping.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I was a little disappointed when I first got pyromaniac and realized that the bomb flies and leeches don't actually explode when they hit you, only when they die. It would be hilarious to just stand in the center of a room and wait for them to blow themselves up on you.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Can you reroll the 4 items in the chest into secret room items? I have 6 challenges before platinum god (hard clears with Maggy/Lazarus, meat boy/bandage girl, 900/999 pennies donated) and still haven't seen a Black Lotus or 1up Mushroom.

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
Feel like I'm a bit slow to do this, but had my first kill on ??? Boss. Had a pretty crazy Eden run, got Guppy early then started piling on the damage, finishing with Scythes doing insane amounts. Almost did the no-damage in The Chest too, an encounter with The Adversary and those annoying curving Brimshots put paid to that, but that was the only hit I took. Golden God get, left with 3 challenges to go (*shakes fist at Beans!*), 63% total achievements, I feel like I'm making progress, finally.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Bob's Brain is only bad if you're already doing great and don't want extra damage. If you're having a bad or average run the large amount of damage it does justifies the extra care you have to take while using it.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Just one-shotted Isaac in my first fight against him. Thanks Tammy's Azazel Head. :v:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Bob's Brain is only bad if you're already doing great and don't want extra damage. If you're having a bad or average run the large amount of damage it does justifies the extra care you have to take while using it.

That or if you're already spamming a million shots per second, or using a charge weapon.

If your build allows you enough control to actually use it effectively it's actually pretty great, otherwise you're just gonna damage yourself unnecessarily.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Get holy mantle on a lost run and get to depths 2, get hit twice by ONE jumping fatty. I hate them so much.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Power of Pecota posted:

Can you reroll the 4 items in the chest into secret room items? I have 6 challenges before platinum god (hard clears with Maggy/Lazarus, meat boy/bandage girl, 900/999 pennies donated) and still haven't seen a Black Lotus or 1up Mushroom.

I feel like I've found the Black Lotus in a regular item room before and had a 1up in the Chest, but my mind might be playing tricks on me.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

If you have a forget-me-now, beat mom, clear the boss rush, pop the forget-me-now, and clear mom a second time in under 20 minutes, can you get a second boss rush?

This came up but I cleared the second mom at 20:06. Did manage to get both photos, though, so that's neat.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Yodzilla posted:

I'd like them more if they were less common, maybe one max per floor of the 2x2 type. The 1x2 ones aren't as bad.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm still mildly disappointed that getting three Bob items doesn't turn you into Bob and gives you pyromaniac / ipecac.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

any news of a ps4 patch? still 1.01....

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Anyone want a free win? SAKZ NGC6

Blood of the Martyr and Meat Cube on lv 1, Gnawed Leaf on lv 2, Mom's Knife on lv 3 :getin:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Well...
I unlocked Azazeal on my second run and then forgot Isaac was a character. After beating mom and her heart, I don't know how many times, I forgot Isaac had never killed her.
Got the knife.
Azazeal got the knife.
I am become death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I just attempted boss rush for the first time. "what the hell is this? are all these for me?" "wow uhh okay they don't stop coming"

Is it always in the same order? What killed me were the five red turds carrion queen left in the second wave that were completely loving invisible in the sea of blood and viscera from killing like 16 bosses. Died at the adversary. Or whatever the adversary without bandages is, fallen?