Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

bvoid posted:

hey could someone please post an Awful Kickstarter thank you

Here's one about hot dogs, maybe we could all pitch in and fund it?????

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2083848142/prairie-dogs-funder-round-ii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

bvoid posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the6thfinger/6thfinger-keep-games-or-apps-active-without-human?ref=category

I assume this has something to do with free-to-play games and collecting currency.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

wa27 posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the6thfinger/6thfinger-keep-games-or-apps-active-without-human?ref=category

I assume this has something to do with free-to-play games and collecting currency.

That's pretty ingenious actually, anything that kills the freemium model is aces in my book.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
But there's apparently no way to program it - so you can't just have it tap on a dumb button over and over to farm gold or whatever, it taps randomly and tries to rotate the screen over and over?

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

bvoid posted:

why not post some yourself?

Here's a very unimaginative scam, or a wank fantasy: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/800612063/twerk-island-a-real-contest-movie

This one is too elaborate to be a scam, but the guy running it is an idiot, check the comments: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/excelsiorgames/pegasus-the-next-generation-of-chess-0/comments

If you then look at all this projects: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/excelsiorgames/created

He got caught using someone else's picture as his logo the first time he tried.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bvoid posted:

Okay.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1920879702/unique-artisan-jewelry-creates-for-items-for-autis?ref=discovery

quote:

We plan to embrace the world of autism

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
how to make money in new america:

be bad at making art

claim your art is for:

1. autism
2. aids
3. puppies and grandmas

profit

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

But there's apparently no way to program it - so you can't just have it tap on a dumb button over and over to farm gold or whatever, it taps randomly and tries to rotate the screen over and over?

They don't explain anything with it. It looks like it's "powered" by the headphone jack, so maybe you need to be playing music loudly for it to even work.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

No, actually while rape culture is manifest everywhere- certain manifestations of it do differ in prevalence among cultures and socioeconomic groups. All-out catcalling (like from passerby or cars, often with gestures or repetition) tends to be much more prevalent in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods, both urban and rural (with a strong skew toward urban ones- with predominantly black and Latino populations- by population density) than in other North American populations. It's an artifact of social norms (similar attitudes exist in parts of the Caribbean and Latin America) and the effects of socioeconomic depression.

It's not "just racism" (but frankly related to the long-term effects of ongoing institutional racism). And I say this as a Latino getting a Master's in anthropology with a girlfriend getting a Master's in urban education who studies this all day long.

Is there poverty austrlian rape culture. Archaelogical rape culture? Rape Mariculture? How verbose can we get here?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

bvoid posted:

Here's two from the No Way In Hell They Have The Rights Category

NINTENDO PIZZA Scented Airfreshener Mach Pizza Earthbound

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Baron Snow posted:

Here's two from the No Way In Hell They Have The Rights Category

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter 2015

those pledge levels/rewards are real bad. i suppose when you're going to be shut down for IP stuff in a couple days you don't need to worry about that kind of thing

"In case Disney won't allow the licensing for the game demo the project will be completed and distributed anyway for free on the internet!"

lol

Owlbear Camus has a new favorite as of 22:33 on Nov 21, 2014

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Western Earthbound fans are a special kind of crazy in that they blow huge amount of money on flagrant violations of copyright ($300k for fanart and fan music, $150 for a bootleg cartridge, blowing an undisclosed sum on some N64DD discs because somebody wrote "M3" on it and sharpie and swore it was an unreleased beta of Earthbound 64 and then surprising nobody when they were scammed) and then whine that Nintendo won't spend time and money trying to sell them something they've been pirating for years.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

yeah man gently caress those people paying money for a thing they like

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

wa27 posted:

They don't explain anything with it. It looks like it's "powered" by the headphone jack, so maybe you need to be playing music loudly for it to even work.

That's not how headphone jacks work dude.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Stick Insect posted:

If you then look at all this projects: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/excelsiorgames/created

He got caught using someone else's picture as his logo the first time he tried.

"Before the War of Kings there was a Battle of Knights. Each would reign over the others Pawns until one emerged victorious over Pegasus"

Exmond posted:

Is there poverty austrlian rape culture. Archaelogical rape culture? Rape Mariculture? How verbose can we get here?

Ha ha, are you for loving real? It's an established term and not just in a "lol 'womynist" sort of way.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nintendo Kid posted:

That's not how headphone jacks work dude.

If the thing gets its power from the jack why not ? You can probably do some filtering and get some usable dc power, not a lot I guess

unpacked robinhood has a new favorite as of 09:37 on Nov 22, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

unpacked robinhood posted:

If the thing gets its power from the jack why not ? You can probably do some filtering and get some usable dc power, not a lot I guess

Because you don't need to play anything separate through the port. Modern smartphones are programmable to emit power through the port in a form that if you were "listening" to it on headphones/speakers would sound like a constant tone, but isn't a real audio signal. You can get plenty of power to run low power electronics off it since simple things don't need that much power.

Relying on actual music would be silly, as the strength of the output would change rapidly.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1246820613/blood-sport-the-ultimate-in-immersive-gaming

A device that drains your blood via a syringe each time you get hit in a video game. Immersion!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Cant' wait until some idiot streamer sends themselves to the hospital because they lost too much blood playing Dark Souls.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Therion posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1246820613/blood-sport-the-ultimate-in-immersive-gaming

A device that drains your blood via a syringe each time you get hit in a video game. Immersion!

:stare:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Less stupid than I thought, they're not marketing it as a consumer gaming peripheral (which I'm pretty sure would be basically impossible and pants-on-head retarded from a regulatory standpoint), just a cutesy way to do blood donation draws at blood banks and blood drives and poo poo.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:
Kickended

A site that randomly accesses Kickstarters that ended with $0

the amount of art and film projects is about what you'd expect.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Therion posted:

The next big trend in E-sports. The first team to pass out loses!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

ThaShaneTrain posted:

Kickended

A site that randomly accesses Kickstarters that ended with $0

the amount of art and film projects is about what you'd expect.

It should also include projects with just one pity pledge from family members or the project creator's account.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Talorat posted:

It should also include projects with just one pity pledge from family members or the project creator's account.

pathetickstarter is a mouthful

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

unpacked robinhood posted:

pathetickstarter is a mouthful

Yourmomstarter

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Otisburg posted:

Less stupid than I thought, they're not marketing it as a consumer gaming peripheral (which I'm pretty sure would be basically impossible and pants-on-head retarded from a regulatory standpoint), just a cutesy way to do blood donation draws at blood banks and blood drives and poo poo.

"told you I was hardcore" *passes out on cigarette burned couch*

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

1.5 million dollars

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

DStecks posted:

1.5 million dollars

Update #1

I had questions about how you can make this game in a year.

My idea is to create a big forum-like community of Star Wars fans (to design the game) and of video game artists (to build the game). The money will go into hiring pros anytime it's needed (like for a particularly big 3D model or specific troubleshooting) and into buying licenses for game engines and test machines.

In case the game doesn't get the license it won't morph into another story but will stay Star Wars! That's because what i'm looking for (and i think i'm not alone) is a great new starfighter experience that does meet everyone's expectations, and provide a lot of fun!

To avoid any law issue in that case, the game will be free to play for everyone as an (uncommonly) elaborated fan-designed game!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
a guy wants 25.000€ to create

quote:

movfrees is a free online movie website bringing you the latest movies in accordance with the DMCA so everything is free and legal

quote:

Risks and challenges
With a free movie website there is some risks with building the site on someone else server. If the TOS changes then they can lock you out of their server and all of the work can be lost.

e:
i'm forcing my kid with a speech impediment to play in a movie to teach him the good values but I don't have a camera, also I don't have editing software, nor do I have a computer. Give me 5000$ ?

unpacked robinhood has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Nov 23, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That portmanteau is so forced it's causing me physical pain.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

Update #1

I had questions about how you can make this game in a year.

My idea is to create a big forum-like community of Star Wars fans (to design the game) and of video game artists (to build the game). The money will go into hiring pros anytime it's needed (like for a particularly big 3D model or specific troubleshooting) and into buying licenses for game engines and test machines.

In case the game doesn't get the license it won't morph into another story but will stay Star Wars! That's because what i'm looking for (and i think i'm not alone) is a great new starfighter experience that does meet everyone's expectations, and provide a lot of fun!

To avoid any law issue in that case, the game will be free to play for everyone as an (uncommonly) elaborated fan-designed game!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Star Wars : Revenge of the Fart Sword

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Stick Insect posted:

why not post some yourself?

i did, and there was one post about it before people started talking about cat calling or whatever

Therion posted:

this reeked of "performance art" at first glance, but yeah it just seems like a nerdy blood drive. they need $250k to travel across Canada and buy medical equipment, and I'm not sure I should trust these people with my blood.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

"told you I was hardcore" *passes out on cigarette burned couch*

actually these casual scrubs claim that it will be calibrated to only draw a safe amount.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's actually medically very unwise to leave a needle in longer than it needs to be and since you're playing a video game you're aggravating the affected vein constantly which can lead to bad poo poo. This seems like a loving terrible idea that could seriously injure someone.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
A page late but I'm really bummed that the photo book lady seems to just be a vanity project because I really like the concept. Maybe someone with talent will take on something similar.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

It's actually medically very unwise to leave a needle in longer than it needs to be and since you're playing a video game you're aggravating the affected vein constantly which can lead to bad poo poo. This seems like a loving terrible idea that could seriously injure someone.

Yeah as someone who just dealt with a pretty bad hand infection I got from an IV where I couldn't move some of my fingers or pick anything more than ~1 pound up because it hurt too much, I'd be very wary of something like this.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
True hardcore gamebros only donate blood by headbutting a maple tap against concrete until it punches through their skulls. Brought to you by JINX: Clothing for people who wear clothes!™

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

even if it turns out to be medically safe, blood donation needles are huge and it hurts to move your arm around when they're in

no one who wouldn't donate blood normally would want to slowly lose blood over an hour while the needle keeps jiggling around in their veins, however i do support this kickstarter because im in favour of anything that inflicts pain on gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
In an uncharacteristic display of sense, Kickstarter has now suspended it.