Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It also has way too many characters that fail to accomplish anything of any value, but it's ending soon so Fiffe can get back to making comics for people to enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Inkspot posted:

It also has way too many characters that fail to accomplish anything of any value, but it's ending soon so Fiffe can get back to making comics for people to enjoy.

I read like the first two issues and just...just stopped caring on all levels. Well at least Fiffe can stop soon.

Jiro posted:

You should go feast your eyes on the Finch art of Ultimatum.

Aye, I remember that. Weird though cause I loved his stuff on Moon knight back in '06. poo poo that made me feel old.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
second arc of Spider-Man and the X-Men is Spidey and his class versus Chameleon and Mojo

I am so excited for this book

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I see Rockslide so I see good things ahead.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TwoPair posted:

I see Rockslide so I see good things ahead.

He's part of Peter's class so he's a regular.

As it should be in all X-books.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Blockhouse posted:

second arc of Spider-Man and the X-Men is Spidey and his class versus Chameleon and Mojo

I am so excited for this book

Why is Spidey wearing a corset?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
He is arching his back like crazy. That's really not how you are supposed to lift/hold up things. Use your legs!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Were there too many two page spreads in this book? I honestly felt it was a bit hard to follow everything.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I had a hard time following this issue as well, they bunched everyone up so they could then splinter the story into the spin-off books. I will not be following these characters into their spin-off books though, because I don't care about whatever magical significance the bride and the other are supposed to have. I would have liked some more set-up or explanation here, kind of annoyed by the fumbling around in the dark and having old man Spidey intentionally hold back information just so everything can be vague and mysterious.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Any thoughts on the new Spider-Woman book?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tato posted:

I had a hard time following this issue as well, they bunched everyone up so they could then splinter the story into the spin-off books. I will not be following these characters into their spin-off books though, because I don't care about whatever magical significance the bride and the other are supposed to have. I would have liked some more set-up or explanation here, kind of annoyed by the fumbling around in the dark and having old man Spidey intentionally hold back information just so everything can be vague and mysterious.
Yeah, I mean if they were using logic OMS would have come out and explained what he knows as soon as team 616 were there, since he's apparently the only guy who knew the significance of the whole thing. But no.

Also urgh, they continue trying to make Mayday into Ms. edgy with her going on about killing. still, at least 616 Peter (the 'chosen one', because of course he is) is telling her to calm down. But it can't be long until Slott has her kill Daemos and start dressing up like this:

(This was an official concept for an evil mirror universe Spider-Girl. I have no idea what they were thinking with this design, but thank gently caress they never stuck it into the books).

I'll buy the Team-Up issue with her by the original team, but other than that, I'm going to stay the gently caress away.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm just staying as far away as possible from the Hopeless Land.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's poo poo and they gave Anya the biggest death flag imaginable: Jessica telling Anya and Spider-Gwen that Silk will get them killed before leaving the three of them to watch over an injured Noir Spider-Man, then Silk disappearing in anger leading Anya and Spider-Gwen to go search for her while she's being pursued by the Morlun Twins. The whole thing is about how immature Silk is about being a hero so I'm going to be incredibly surprised if Anya lives as opposed to being a sacrificed for Silk's "great responsibility" moment.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Anya's pretty much ruined as a character, killing her would be a mercy.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Were there too many two page spreads in this book? I honestly felt it was a bit hard to follow everything.

Seemed like pretty standard Coipel to me, wasn't particularly difficult to follow or that. He's not lasting the series though, because, Coipel.

I'll continue on with the main series and the clone adventures in Scarlet Spiders, not touching the others. Was a weird slowed down pacing issues but I guess they needed to show that all the Spider-People can't just stand around and punch everybody at once.

I'd read a book/ongoing with Spider-Punk.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

Suben posted:

It's poo poo and they gave Anya the biggest death flag imaginable: Jessica telling Anya and Spider-Gwen that Silk will get them killed before leaving the three of them to watch over an injured Noir Spider-Man, then Silk disappearing in anger leading Anya and Spider-Gwen to go search for her while she's being pursued by the Morlun Twins. The whole thing is about how immature Silk is about being a hero so I'm going to be incredibly surprised if Anya lives as opposed to being a sacrificed for Silk's "great responsibility" moment.
Reading the new ASM and Spider-Woman, I decided that Silk was almost certainly the most obnoxious and unpleasant spider ever, so they may as well go full Wesley Crusher with her and kill off a better character to aggrandize her lovely arc.

I thought she was interesting at first, but this week I have no idea what the gently caress they were thinking to build up an entire event around her.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Castomira posted:

Reading the new ASM and Spider-Woman, I decided that Silk was almost certainly the most obnoxious and unpleasant spider ever, so they may as well go full Wesley Crusher with her and kill off a better character to aggrandize her lovely arc.

I thought she was interesting at first, but this week I have no idea what the gently caress they were thinking to build up an entire event around her.

Seems like the whole event's been built around SlottSpock and Silk. Hell, didn't Slott want Spock to be the hero of Spider-Verse, but editorial told him no?

So basically it's literally Slott's fanfic, where the ORIGINAL CHARACTERS DO NOT STEAL get to save the day.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Why is Spidey wearing a corset?

One smartass remark to Emma Frost and she implanted the compulsion to raid her closet.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Seems like the whole event's been built around SlottSpock and Silk. Hell, didn't Slott want Spock to be the hero of Spider-Verse, but editorial told him no?

So basically it's literally Slott's fanfic, where the ORIGINAL CHARACTERS DO NOT STEAL get to save the day.

"Slott's fanfic" describes the entirety of Slott's run on Spider-Man.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

Nope.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Waterhaul posted:

I'd read a book/ongoing with Spider-Punk.

Sheldon Vella and I have a story about him in Spider-Verse #2!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

On a more positive note Axis: Carnage continues to be great and I'm glad it and Hobgoblin are apparently getting put in the same trade.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Ugh, this week's ASM was awful. The pacing was terrible, there were too many characters portrayed confusingly, it was very bad. At least they are splitting the teams in different books, that ought to help a bit.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Sheldon Vella and I have a story about him in Spider-Verse #2!

Well you've just convinced me to buy Spider-Verse #02. I really hope they live in an all Punk Universe.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So Old Man Spidey is "Ezekiel"... um... who the hell is Ezekiel? Am I supposed to know him?

Otherwise I thought this issue was alright and I'm totally down for Scarlet Spiders.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

TwoPair posted:

So Old Man Spidey is "Ezekiel"... um... who the hell is Ezekiel? Am I supposed to know him?

Otherwise I thought this issue was alright and I'm totally down for Scarlet Spiders.

Ezekiel is the guy from JMS' run that introduced Morlun and the totem nonsense and that. He basically killed himself during the run to save Peter because Peter's ~the real hero~.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Waterhaul posted:

Well you've just convinced me to buy Spider-Verse #02. I really hope they live in an all Punk Universe.

There's a reason he's from Earth-138.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

TwoPair posted:

The clones instantly being bros is such an obvious thing, I wasn't sure it was going to happen. Kaine's reaction when he finds out who 1610-Jessica really is should be priceless.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

There's a reason he's from Earth-138.

Yessssssssssss :getin:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

TwoPair posted:

He's also the guy who trapped Silk in that panic room for the better part of a decade. He appeared and his back story was briefly explained in like ASM 3 or whatever the first Original Sin tie in issue was.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lurdiak posted:

She started off fantastically before becoming Spider-Girl, the two mini's she had were really charming. She was good as Ms. Marvel's side-kick too, you could see her growing up because she had gotten a part-time job. Then she got her on-going series and the team did something really unique with the Twitter-knockoff stuff Marvel and DC always do by actually using Twitter by name, and actually using Twitter to tweet the things she says in the comic, as the writer controlled her twitter and talked to fans. It was a whole lot of fun

Then they decided "Kill her father, she needs an Uncle Ben moment!"

"Red Hulk is really hot right now! Stick him in there too! Oh! And now put her wit Susan Storm!"

None of the guests felt as organic as Ms. Marvel's do now (The Wolverine stuff was really cute)

She fell off for a while until a Spider-Event and she's been on the decline since. The Spider-Island books were good but her character is going the route of so many "Hot new teen-heroes!" before her, with an author really getting the character, having it taken away from them after editorial interference, and then being passed around like a hot potato to people who don't get the character or don't care.

The similar story is Blue Beetle and Solstace post 52 over at DC.

Silk is awful, I'm just waiting for Slott to get bored and someone else take her over and actually write a good story, it's literally happening with every one of Slott's characters.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Slott isn't writing Silk's ongoing and she's already got a female artist on board to correctly redesign her costume so there you go.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Waterhaul posted:

Slott isn't writing Silk's ongoing and she's already got a female artist on board to correctly redesign her costume so there you go.

How do you feel about Robbie Thompson, the writer?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It's kind of a shame that Silk and Spider-woman don't have the other's creative teams. A trainwreck character like Silk deserves a trainwreck team like Hopeless/Land.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Man, whatever. Alpha became interesting with the right creative team, so Silk's got a shot. Spider-woman's never been interesting and the only reason she's in any books at all is because Bendis really, really wishes he could gently caress her.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Spider Girl was really good in Avengers Assemble.

EDIT: Spider Woman is a great character.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 22, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Die Laughing posted:

Spider Girl was really good in Avengers Assemble.

Yeah I've never read anything else with that character, but AA made me like her a lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Man, whatever. Alpha became interesting with the right creative team,

When did this happen?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Fialkov wrote a mini where he started to get his powers back. It was kinda fun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Inkspot posted:

Fialkov wrote a mini where he started to get his powers back. It was kinda fun.

Yeah, I read it. Interesting didn't happen in any of those pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Don't blame me! I still hate what Marvel did to Runaways, and the only recent Spider-Man story I really like was the one where he woke up in The Black Lodge. Alpha is a weak idea no matter how many times they try to convince people he isn't.

• Locked thread