Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Blasmeister posted:

I can't find anywhere on the launcher telling me it's double XP, I dunno how they fail to communicate this poo poo at all to the players.

We're talking about the same company that had the "explosions go through spawn room shields" bug like 3 separate times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

fknlo posted:

Is there a way to buy the daily special outside of the game if something I want comes up?

Unfortunately not. Some things like the Fresh Meat bundle can be bought on the PS2 site and then there's the bundles on Steam, but otherwise you have to be in the game. My old laptop wasn't able to run PS2 at all so SOE lost quite a bit of potential money from me when I was away from home.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Away all Goats posted:

We're talking about the same company that had the "explosions go through spawn room shields" bug like 3 separate times.

And who decided to remove passive XP because they felt people weren't aware of it enough. That's the one that just kills me.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Away all Goats posted:

The same company that to this day still has 3 replicable hex crash bugs that occasionally pop back up.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Klowns posted:

I started using the Zenith VX-5 today and since I've been using SMG's exclusively for the past few weeks I threw an advanced laser sight on it so I can pretend it's a slightly better Sirius. It's fun being able to run and gun hip-firing with it out to like 30m.

Then I got the idea that because the Lynx is kind of like a Zenith but better in every way how it would handle since I normally run a grip on it and it's just silly. I'm just running after people shooting them in the back of their heads or running right at/through them while shooting while they waste all them time to stop and aim down sight.

Also, I didn't see it in the change log but I'm now getting recon XP from the detect bolts on my Hunter.

Here's a checklist for whether or not you should use ALS on a carbine:

[]It has ALS

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Fart Car '97 posted:

Here's a checklist for whether or not you should use ALS on a carbine:

[]It has ALS

I always used to use Forward Grip on all Carbines, but after recently trying to ADS with the Serpent after getting used to the tender loving of the Lynx with ALS, it was just :negative:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Groggy nard posted:

I always used to use Forward Grip on all Carbines, but after recently trying to ADS with the Serpent after getting used to the tender loving of the Lynx with ALS, it was just :negative:

ALS carbines are basically Light Assault: The Gun. They rule.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

quote:

The removal of offline certs was an experiment to give more value to our membership model.

With all the feedback we've gathered, we went a bit far on the pendulum and it feels like we need to swing it back. Players respond better to incentives so we have to make sure that Members understand that subscription gives them lots of really cool stuff.

New players don't really know what they're doing and what membership is about, so we've decided to help them. From BR1 to 20, players will be redirected to the Cash shop rather than the map every time they die.

It's a double take on our membership incentive and improving new player experience. We didn't want to flood them with information they couldn't process. When a new player leaves the game, the n°1 reason we get is that he doesn't know what killed him.

By putting the cash shop on the foreground, new players will be free to browse for the weapon that just killed them. They don't understand the value of membership yet because the cert system is really an advanced and complex piece of design. UPGRADE NOW was a bit heavy handed from our part, but with our New October Membership Advertisement Plan (NOMAP), we'll stick to one simple formula: More certs = stronger

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Wait. Are you serious? Is this a real post?

Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo hahahahahah :stare: God loving dammit SOE.

There is no way this is real is it?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Westy543 posted:

From BR1 to 20, players will be redirected to the Cash shop rather than the map every time they die.

:psyduck:

Is this satire? I'm having a hard time recognizing video game satire lately.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
More certs = more better!

Donate now.

Found a fun bug yesterday where if you set up an Engineer turret and somebody stands on it then switch classes and it despawns the guy standing on it doesn't fall. I had a whole spawn room full of Infiltrators levitating.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Settle down it's fake. Probably.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Well it certainly fooled me. :v:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The best satire is that which passes for reality.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
It is definitely fake, but I wonder why they don't offer up "suggested purchases" or whatever on your little death screen? Like, "Suck you got killed by that Reaver for the 6th time, why not buy this Nemesis and show them what for?"

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Higby reads this thread you know.

Don't give him ideas.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

In fun post-patch bug news, when you spawn as a heavy assault you can find yourself glowing like when your shield is active, and it will persist until you toggle your shield on then off again. They seem to have fixed the cloaking making your arms and gun completely invivible thing though, so I'd call it a net positive. You also don't seem to be able to park sunderers anywhere near the new teleporters under Ikanam at all, making it even harder to capture. Bug or feature? you decide.

(really though, who thought blind teleporters were a positive change?)

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 22, 2014

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

The 'shield recharge glimmer' that never goes away happened to me as an LA a few times. I had to change class to get it to go away.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

It's definitely satire since Higby's username on reddit (and here too iirc) is lans0m. It's pretty good satire, too.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Nov 22
Daily sale: Experience Boost - 1 Day
Members sale: Harasser Chrome Outlaw S4 Bumper

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

So i threw over 20 AV nades in 30 minutes tonight, 3 maxes died before my nades went off and the rest did jack all though i did kill a flash. So 30 minutes of play and a ton of dead enemies and out of all those loving throws i only get 1 kill and thats a loving flash, gently caress AV nades forever.

Also 305 NS15AE kills with 28.525% HSR and i'm a B+ hahaha what is all of AC using this gun to?

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Arghy posted:

Also 305 NS15AE kills with 28.525% HSR and i'm a B+ hahaha what is all of AC using this gun to?

tbh that's not exactly very high for the NS-15 if you are actually going for headshots.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Klowns posted:

Also, I didn't see it in the change log but I'm now getting recon XP from the detect bolts on my Hunter.

It's been like this since the crossbow was released, the only reason nobody ever sees XP is because the darts are rank 1, and any higher ranks take priority as far as xp distribution goes.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Cabbit posted:

I'm having a hard time recognizing video game satire lately.

:v: :v: Yes, it's satire. Very good satire.

I don't know who runs that gimmick account but they're fantastic. Go through their post history on Reddit, the best part is catching people who don't realize it's satire (which is why I posted it here without context), or who think it's a real SOE dev despite that I made the SOE logo next to their name backwards so as not to be confused with actual devs. :cheeky:

Gonkish posted:

The best satire is that which passes for reality.

Amen.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

But Not Tonight posted:

It's been like this since the crossbow was released, the only reason nobody ever sees XP is because the darts are rank 1, and any higher ranks take priority as far as xp distribution goes.

That makes sense, from a SOE perspective. Guess I'm shooting myself in the foot dropping an ammo pack then spamming recon bolts since any Infiltrator in the area will come resupply and spam recon darts and take the XP.

Also, some very interesting physics got it up there and there it shall remain, for twenty minutes any way.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Arghy posted:

So i threw over 20 AV nades in 30 minutes tonight, 3 maxes died before my nades went off and the rest did jack all though i did kill a flash. So 30 minutes of play and a ton of dead enemies and out of all those loving throws i only get 1 kill and thats a loving flash, gently caress AV nades forever.

Arghy, you're just doing something wrong. But I don't know what.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Next time somebody goes on and on about gun percentages or air fighting just https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM&t=23s

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

This is vigorous sodomy with a new name fyi.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
his posting is p. obvious

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

what happened posted:

his posting is p. obvious

:irony:

I forgot what playing during double XP weekends is like: 96+ on 96+ stalemates or 70/30 spawn camps.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 22, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

:irony:

I forgot what playing during double XP weekends is like: 96+ on 96+ stalemates or 70/30 spawn camps.

Yeah it sucks rear end if you aren't in it to farm

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The directive tree designer is an asshat.
Why don't kills carry over? And I don't mean you need 300 for the final tier and the 100 you got before should could towards it...I mean when I finish the 100 kills but don't finish the tier, kills I continue to get in that category should be god drat rolled into the next tier.

I know for drat well I got at least 150+ max kills while working on the last HA requirement for expert tier. But nope, when I finally finish it it shows 0/300 in master.

This is the stupidest thing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

treizebee posted:

Why don't kills carry over? And I don't mean you need 300 for the final tier and the 100 you got before should could towards it...I mean when I finish the 100 kills but don't finish the tier, kills I continue to get in that category should be god drat rolled into the next tier.

I know for drat well I got at least 150+ max kills while working on the last HA requirement for expert tier. But nope, when I finally finish it it shows 0/300 in master.

It really is dumb. I stopped using the vandal so I could whip out my phantom and get my 300 sniper kills and go up a directive rank just so my kills with the vandal will start counting for my 800 scout rifle kills.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

treizebee posted:

I thought they did carry over? At least for LA when I unlocked Tier 4, I remember a lot of them bring partially completed. I hope I'm not remembering wrong because that sounds just awful.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Fart Car '97 posted:

I thought they did carry over? At least for LA when I unlocked Tier 4, I remember a lot of them bring partially completed. I hope I'm not remembering wrong because that sounds just awful.

Ribbons carry over, everything else gets wiped.
E: Also Weapons (Engineer Sticky Grenade, etc)

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 22, 2014

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Taking stuff away which people expect leads to mass anger and less participation in your product. When we do that without telling people, and they don't trust us, we need to find a way to get their trust back. gently caress, this guy's in line for a Nobel next year, that's some deep level poo poo right there.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Fart Car '97 posted:

The only thing that carried over were lasher and av nade kills. I assume that is because the final requirement on both is to aurax them. Max, regular, and launcher kills all reset. I don't care about regular because i got my drat battlegoose, but another 800 launcher and 300 max kills is just silly stupid.

^^^ Not even all ribbons carry over. My air deterrence is reset to 0 out of 1 thousand freaking 200.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Hal_2005 posted:

Taking stuff away which people expect leads to mass anger and less participation in your product. When we do that without telling people, and they don't trust us, we need to find a way to get their trust back. gently caress, this guy's in line for a Nobel next year, that's some deep level poo poo right there.

It's fake bro

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

treizebee posted:

The only thing that carried over were lasher and av nade kills. I assume that is because the final requirement on both is to aurax them. Max, regular, and launcher kills all reset. I don't care about regular because i got my drat battlegoose, but another 800 launcher and 300 max kills is just silly stupid.

^^^ Not even all ribbons carry over. My air deterrence is reset to 0 out of 1 thousand freaking 200.

:eng101: The Heavy's Air Deterrence isn't ribbon based!

:eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
So I got reinstalled and set up and reset my password about 18 times and now I find that I apparently already have a discosexual on emerald. So how do I go about joining the VS group just jump in their mumble and try not to be annoying as poo poo?

Edit: Holy poo poo do I not remember anything about this game. The game dropped me in a warzone and then asked me to fill out a questionnare and then babbled at me about how apparently I want to be a light assault (I dont know what that is) and then I tried healing people and then I blew up.

How do I rez people or is that equipment I have to unlock?

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 22, 2014

• Locked thread