Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

ZeusCannon posted:

So I got reinstalled and set up and reset my password about 18 times and now I find that I apparently already have a discosexual on emerald. So how do I go about joining the VS group just jump in their mumble and try not to be annoying as poo poo?

Jump on the mumble and be as annoying as you can until someone invites you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Klowns posted:

I started using the Zenith VX-5 today and since I've been using SMG's exclusively for the past few weeks I threw an advanced laser sight on it so I can pretend it's a slightly better Sirius. It's fun being able to run and gun hip-firing with it out to like 30m.

Then I got the idea that because the Lynx is kind of like a Zenith but better in every way how it would handle since I normally run a grip on it and it's just silly. I'm just running after people shooting them in the back of their heads or running right at/through them while shooting while they waste all them time to stop and aim down sight.

Also, I didn't see it in the change log but I'm now getting recon XP from the detect bolts on my Hunter.

The Zenith is underrated.

It is almost a terminus with .75 ADS.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

treizebee posted:

The only thing that carried over were lasher and av nade kills. I assume that is because the final requirement on both is to aurax them. Max, regular, and launcher kills all reset. I don't care about regular because i got my drat battlegoose, but another 800 launcher and 300 max kills is just silly stupid.

^^^ Not even all ribbons carry over. My air deterrence is reset to 0 out of 1 thousand freaking 200.

Having completed the ha aurax directive my advice is to ignore air deterrence. 1200 is just absurd.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ZeusCannon posted:

How do I rez people or is that equipment I have to unlock?

You have to right click using the medigun to rez people now

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 23, 2014

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Xae posted:

The Zenith is underrated.

It is almost a terminus with .75 ADS.

If your an ADS man and your not using the the pulsar C the zenith is your gun because VS guns are all very hip oriented. Solstice/SF doesn't got the DPM or handling to bother ADSing then you got the loving serpent/VX6 which is totally hip fire.

Oh yeah to everyone using A2A and lock ons in general, pat yourself on the back i have not seen an ESF without flares for awhile now! Lets make lock ons canon.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The Zenith is a worse VX6-7 and should only ever be hipfired.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Anyone streaming from the ground this time?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Someone post the stream-free stat tracker please?

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
rip emerald

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
I thought I missed this poo poo. Turns out it's on moontime.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Planetsidebattles isn't working for me, and nobody posted the drat ps2alerts tracker, how are we doing

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Planetsidebattles isn't working for me, and nobody posted the drat ps2alerts tracker, how are we doing

51/43 up at 45 minutes in, their stats/alerts thing is down right now so i dont think you're going to get it sadly.

E: Stats thing just went up, http://ps2alerts.com/serversmash/match/ss/10

Polyakov fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 23, 2014

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Briggs huh.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
haha is emerald getting its rear end whipped again. come on guys if you keep this up i'm gonna have to a good server like connery

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

#48-46

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

That was a great match to watch, a very very even fight and Briggs did well to keep coming and coming until they made a comeback in the last 10-15 minutes.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Alright, what went wrong and why is it all Roy Awesome's fault? :colbert:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
ARG it was painful to watch the utter lack of any AA by emerald. Moment GOON pulled AA maxes those Gal drops stopped. (cause they all died you see)

More infuriating is that they now did it twice in a row.

Broose fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 23, 2014

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I was trying to keep the AA up but we were swarmed with libs and there wasn't a whole lot we could do. I saw our air squad once the entire match, otherwise we had to deal with a constant air bombing everywhere we went. Pretty brutal.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Waking up before midday on a Sunday on a horribly hot day is, as always, the most impressive part of Briggs doing Server Smash.

Winning is standard. (actually amp station was crutch).

Also GAB had highest KPH.

Again.

GAB best outfit globally.

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Rougey posted:

Waking up before midday on a Sunday on a horribly hot day is, as always, the most impressive part of Briggs doing Server Smash.

Winning is standard. (actually amp station was crutch).

Also GAB had highest KPH.

Again.

GAB best outfit globally.

Terminal on IRC posted:

<Terminal> at least we lost with conviction, you just lost to convicts

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Well, at least this time the main debate in chat wasn't whether Emerald would get warpgated or not.

EDIT: Does look like we're going to have to figure out our air situation though.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Vernii posted:

EDIT: Does look like we're going to have to figure out our air situation though.
Abolish air bushido forever

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

o muerte posted:

Alright, what went wrong and why is it all Roy Awesome's fault? :colbert:

It looks like the primary thing that went wrong was that they had a lot more air, looking at the stats their air outfit had 42 participants, whereas ours had 25, those numbers arent gonna be fully accurate but Lemgar said we only had 28 dedicated pilots show, also the TR air weapons just had so many more kills than the NC, the mosquito had over double what the reaver had.

We got hosed from the air again, i personally thing a lot of skygods asses are sore after the complete atrocity which was what cobalt did to our air so we got 28 rather than 48 guys as we had in the last smash.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Abolish air bushido forever

I'm fine with this. I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys sitting in a flight ceiling galaxy dropping people on a point, protected by A2A missile Reaver swarms.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Emerald needs to embrace Battle Buses full of burster maxes. Just position it between the base that is being assaulted and the direction the baddies will come from. MAXs cost a bit but they last a hell of a lot longer than a HA with a hawk and can put out a lot more damage than one as well. After the air is clear then the maxes can switch to AI/AV and crash points or hunt sundies.

Stop putting walkers on the sundy guns. There is too much air for them to make a difference and it means you are useless against anything that isn't a single ESF. Furys would be the best choice for them.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Periphery posted:

Stop putting walkers on the sundy guns. There is too much air for them to make a difference and it means you are useless against anything that isn't a single ESF. Furys would be the best choice for them.

As a serious question, what are the furies going to do? In the smashes I've done sundies really havent, beyond dedicated battle buses, been able to use their guns because there isnt fighting going on around them, either its swarmed or fine, i dont think that AI guns on the sundies would really be of that much use.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Polyakov posted:

As a serious question, what are the furies going to do? In the smashes I've done sundies really havent, beyond dedicated battle buses, been able to use their guns because there isnt fighting going on around them, either its swarmed or fine, i dont think that AI guns on the sundies would really be of that much use.
Fury guns fire fast, take 2-3 hits to kill infantry, and can actually attack other sunderers.

Burster maxes are better at AA since they don't have to score direct hits and you can have more than two.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Vernii posted:

Well, at least this time the main debate in chat wasn't whether Emerald would get warpgated or not.

Pull AA.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
And of course Briggs goes down and nobody can log in.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I thought we had an air contingency plan. What happened to that?

Oh well, great job out there guys. Periphery has taught us all that Aussies are a fiery and rampaging lot. A good fight up to the bitter end without any embarrassing steamrolling

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.

Polyakov posted:

i personally thing a lot of skygods asses are sore after the complete atrocity which was what cobalt did to our air so we got 28 rather than 48 guys as we had in the last smash.

I can confirm the 28 number. I was sitting in the infantry reserves channel and they pulled 3 of us to fly. This was about 5 minutes before match start.

We seemed to trade evenly in the air, Briggs just always had more and we ran low in resources toward mid-game. Alpha/Bravo was in the north and middle, and we pulled a lot of walker sundy convoys from mid-game on to conserve resources. Charlie/Delta stayed mainly in the south, I believe in the air most of the match.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

So without being able to login (Thanks SOE!) and going back to hating each other, the circlejerk amoung the Briggs population is reaching epic proportions.

Now watch and wait for these to be linked,

Salt will follow.

The boyz are really happy all around.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 23, 2014

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Polyakov posted:

They wont do much to the air unless the skygod is stupid and gets too close but they are also good at defending the sundy from gal drops and are a good option if you want to transition to a battle bus instead of an AA outpost. You could run basilisks as a good all round choice for AA and AV but they suck at AI compared to furys/bulldogs. Ideally, the bus would be loaded with 3 engies, 1 triage medic and 8 MAXes.

It would cost a lot of nanites to put together but 8 burster maxes and 2 basilisks would shred a lot of air very quickly if they get into the right position.

I have never done a server smash, so I don't really know how having this squad doing nonbase cap things would effect the overall strategy. It just seems pretty clear that we have an issue with air and if we don't want to pull our own sky chariots we need to figure out different ways for doing it.

How many fronts do we generally push at each time? 3-4? Would it be too much of a drain to have a squad on each front switching between dedicated AA, sundy hunting and Max crashes (when there is nothing else to do)?

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

lol what is this nonsense ? Those aren't even the current recursion stats.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

Pand posted:

emerald MLG farms idiots. that's all.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Managed to hit the 10k cert cap tonight, Ammo belt 4 probably wasn't the smartest purchase but gently caress it I run out of cyclone ammo too often. Also glad to finally get my Light Assault aurax plating just in time for a cooler looking armour set to be released.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Pand posted:

I can't be arsed to make new screenshots and hunt down everyone's name, somebody else will do it to stir poo poo.

But it wouldn't surprise me if again, most of hardmode was taken by Briggs Players while easymode doesn't have anyone from Briggs in the top 50.

Doesn't help that the servers dying and most people left are bitter veterans. Everyones K;D is on the decline, my IVI game has picked up but overall K;D has declined, and the constant login issues are killing our ability to bring in new blood (for example today, a Sunday Double XP weekend.) But constantly fighting against people who are not poo poo kind of makes us harder nuts to crack, JUGA are the hardest nuts to crack on Briggs but crack them we do, yet they absolutely dominate during Server Smash when playing against shitters used to wiping out terrible players.

We're gonna have to be merged with Connery if the school holiday blowins in January don't give us enough new blood to make it through to Easter... of course Connery going to have to be renamed Briggs.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Team 1 gets curbstomped by Cobalt who lost decisively to Team 2 who lost in a nail-biter to Briggs. Briggs are the real world champions

For real though, the ServerSmash meta has moved beyond Emerald and it's all about air, and with Emerald being extremely uninterested in air across the board, we're probably going to be like Miller next season.

It's going to be great watching the tryhards tear themselves apart. Conviction indeed :laffo:

• Locked thread