Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
On the contrary, this thread is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
At some point in the near future Tiy is going to liquify all of chucklefish's assets and book it, leaving his employees up poo poo creek without a paddle.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Do you think with falling trees if we cut one down it could make a bridge over say a chasm to let us get to valuable resources

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Afraid of Audio posted:

On the contrary, this thread is excellent.

loving move it to Imp Zone and be done with it, then. It's obvious the only entertainment anyone is getting from this thread is shitposting ironically, and it's equally obvious no one here is going to talk about the game, because there's nothing to talk about, because there hasn't been a stable update in loving months. Even I'm sick of Starbound at this point. Drag it into your weird post-comedy basement and have your way with it already, so that it at least gets some constructive use rather than slowly suffocating under the crushing weight of all this meaningless poo poo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Friend please calm down.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I have never made an ironic post in this thread, as irony triggers my social anxiety.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

What happened to your weird cyclops av? I liked that one.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Nov 23, 2014

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I thought ironic was like, Mumford and Sons. Mumford and Sons isn't in Starbound as far as I know

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
the hell's mumford and sons?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

this is gonna be a cool rear end game some day and all you naysayers are gonna feel like fuckin CLOWNS when it is

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

"Releasing our gamemaker test build as a pre-alpha is a good and cool idea!"
- some loving idiot, 2013

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Cicadas! posted:

It's obvious the only entertainment anyone is getting from this thread is shitposting ironically, and it's equally obvious no one here is going to talk about the game

I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your internet browser, but even easier to endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

Kernel Monsoon fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 23, 2014

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't read anything about starbound for more than a little while now because my #1 source for the latest starbound info and happenings, 4chan's Starbound General loacted on the /vg/ imageboard, became deader than dead for some reason.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yikes, it's been three weeks since they showed off their horrible jump puzzle dungeon that's already in the game.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Supernorn posted:

I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your internet browser, but even easier to endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

Well, I saw stuff about adding new enemies to the water at playstarbound but nothing about making combat any more enjoyable or fair in the long run :saddowns: (Also, beachballs and paper airplanes. And making some crops take even longer to grow than before).

I am still looking forward to the next stable, and I expect my only real problem with it will be (just like stable before) combat/survivability progression. Particularly if dropping ore on death is here to stay with no official build in toggle option.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic when I say, maybe when you want to show off things see how possible it is with a normal player character. If it's nearly impossible for you to survive (like the previously mentioned dungeon video) in a practical manner without a stack of endtier toys, techs, and healing options please take note.

EDIT: Basically I want to be able to see things like a shark tank and evil lab exploration and think "Oh, that's cool! I can't wait to do that myself :neckbeard:" and not "Oh, that would probably be horribly painful to impossible without dev tools and edit cuts :geno:"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Nov 23, 2014

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Devour or Fire posted:

I haven't read anything about starbound for more than a little while now because my #1 source for the latest starbound info and happenings, 4chan's Starbound General loacted on the /vg/ imageboard, became deader than dead for some reason.

Aaaaand of course you're a channer.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Goldmine

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Goddamn it, Norn.
e: In an attempt to salvage an actual discussion, can we get some more info on the new status effect system? Anything interesting happening behind the scenes? Have you made the platforms in the Apex lab any wider?
I want to be excited for this game, I really do. Please tell us something that isn't beach balls and paper airplanes.

You know what, actually, gently caress it. I don't feel like getting Spore'd again.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 23, 2014

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
In all seriousness I think it is just us, the vocal minority, who sit here complaining when we really just want to rub our StarMounds while listening to the soundtrack and reading old devlogs and website updates. Which I just did, and saw that the game has been in development for like 2 years now, and no stable updates in 5 months. But at least when the update comes, we will have beach balls and paper airplanes!!

I assume the silent majority is silent due to having a mouthful of Tiy's cock.

Can't wait till it is done, I expect it will be a fantastic game delivery platform on the PC.

Fake Edit: I mean, it will be a fantastic semen delivery platform in my mouth.
Fake Edit 2: I logged over 200 hours in this game when it came out, so I got my money's worth! This thread is just dessert.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

This thread is excellent.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
^---- Every poster above this point is gay ----^

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Rrussom posted:

same

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
same

Rrussom posted:

e: wait poo poo

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Turtlicious posted:

same

e: wait poo poo

Same

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
This thread is amazing

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Imagine the game is a car that you bought but when it was delivered to you it had no wheels and all kinds of poo poo was odd with it, so you drive it back somehow and tell them to fix it.

When you come back a year later the car still has no wheels but the mechanic tells you not to worry because they've been working on the engine.

So you pop the hood and beach balls and paper airplanes come flying out.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Imagine a game developer let you play a really early build of a new game and it was honestly not too much fun at the moment but you're super excited about it regardless because they update their blog weekly with tech info and progress reports and concept art and game development process and you really liked their last game and they have a solid idea of what they want this new game to become.

That game is Clockwork Empires by the way. It would be nice if Chucklefish cared as much as Gaslamp Games

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
They added a casual difficulty that only makes you drop your coins on death by the way.

All in all I think the game is moving in the right direction.

edit: by which I mean the trash heap of course

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

This thread is excellent.

not an emptyquote

Cicadas! posted:

What happened to your weird cyclops av? I liked that one.

this too

Goldmine or impzone please.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
no gaschamber it
i want to take the challenge.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

WarpedNaba posted:

Aaaaand of course you're a channer.

Hell Yeah! I bet he uses Facebook too! He's probably even liked things on Reddit before! God forbid, we may have an Imgur or Tumblr user in our midst...!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Please don't encourage more of WarpedNaba's terrible posting

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

oddium posted:

Please don't encourage more of WarpedNaba's terrible posting

lol, of course you'd post on something awful.........................

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Minrad posted:

Hell Yeah! I bet he uses Facebook too! He's probably even liked things on Reddit before! God forbid, we may have an Imgur or Tumblr user in our midst...!

Dude don't you know 4chan has driven people to kill themselves before??? Something Awful has only done that a couple of times! It's full of trolls and shitposters too! *cocks shotgun* We've got some huntin' to do boys

edit: What the hell is happening in this thread anymore. I'm disappointed in myself for joining in. I actually played Starbound today and it's as fun as I remember it being but boy do I wish it would update so people would shut the gently caress up and start posting pics of their cool things they built again!!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
You say that as if there are fifty new shitposts everyday

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

You're always welcome to reread my Oddium Plays Starbound from a few pages back

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Please continue the LP. Think of all the content that hasn't been shown off yet.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

oddium posted:

You're always welcome to reread my Oddium Plays Starbound from a few pages back

Sorry, I may be a friendless nerd who likes pen and paper, but im not THAT much of a loser to watch/read a LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
This game is really cool, like fusion power.

• Locked thread