Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

dj_clawson posted:

I'm not really buying Brian's argument that they did it so people could get paid. "We wanted to make more money so we compromised our artistic integrity." Look, the show is not a charity. I don't care about a couple weeks of pay for animators.
Wow you're the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Melon
Jan 3, 2006
I like fire, you can have some too.
As I have paid literally nothing for it, and have watched it legally, this show is a charity. Grow the gently caress up and be thankful for what you have been given for free.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Blind Melon posted:

Grow the gently caress up and be thankful for what you have been given for free.

Its not free because,
1. Cable bill
2. Commercials

In order words: you're retarded.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Even if they did avoid doing a clipshow and sacrifice the wellbeing of their hardworking staff, you probably would have hated whatever episode they would have put out in its place because Korra didn't just go into the Avatar state and kill everyone or something.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Even if they did avoid doing a clipshow and sacrifice the wellbeing of their hardworking staff, you probably would have hated whatever episode they would have put out in its place because Korra didn't just go into the Avatar state and kill everyone or something.

I might be reading that post wrong but it sounds like choice was "clip episode" or "no episode."

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

I might be reading that post wrong but it sounds like choice was "clip episode" or "no episode."

I think it was a choice between "clip episode" and "fire animators and deliver the last six episodes with a skeleton crew." They were contractually obliged to deliver thirteen episodes either way. That whole artistic integrity thing makes no sense because without all that extra manpower the artistry and subtle touch of the animation disappears and you get something sub-Pierrot.

Sato fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 23, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Edit: nvm, I was wrong.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Can we talk about next episode's preview? Because I love next episode's preview.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

meristem posted:

Can we talk about next episode's preview? Because I love next episode's preview.

I like that lazydude eventually became an airbender but wasn't trusted to go out and solve problems in the world. His mom is probably my favorite minor character.
I reckon spirit vine shenanigans is due to Kuvira loving with the World-Tree. Korra's gonna smack a branch and do that spirit vision thing she does now and see what's going on.
I shudder to think what'll happen if a spirit-nuke goes off near the World-Tree.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

How does paying your staff make you greedy? :psyduck: Their budget was the same either way. I don't understand what you think their alternative was.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

1. Cable bill
2. Commercials
1. No more since episode 8 of Book 3.
2. There are commercials, sure, but :
a. we're still not paying anything
b. if you're an rear end in a top hat, you can just activate AdBlock.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kindness and Compassion: the true villains of Book 4

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'm still hoping for a serviceable finale.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
Wow, geez. The fans finally came together about something.

I'm sorry for my dickishness, guys.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

uncleKitchener posted:

I'm still hoping for a serviceable finale.

I'm confident we'll get a better one that seasons 1 & 2.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm confident we'll get a better one that seasons 1 & 2.
I dunno how you can top rainbow giants shooting dubstep hadokens and slugging it out in the harbor.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Jackard posted:

I dunno how you can top rainbow giants shooting dubstep hadokens and slugging it out in the harbor.

Kuvira has to make something to hold and fire the spirit nukes. I'm thinking metal gear.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

havenwaters posted:

Kuvira has to make something to hold and fire the spirit nukes. I'm thinking metal gear.
:magical:

I would be okay with this.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

havenwaters posted:

Metal Gear?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Nanospirits son.

Blind Melon
Jan 3, 2006
I like fire, you can have some too.

Irish Joe posted:

Its not free because,
1. Cable bill
2. Commercials

In order words: you're retarded.

I don't pay a cable bill dumbass, and I don't pay for commercials either.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mraagvpeine posted:

Nanospirits son.
Can Sokka's space sword be metal bent?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

achillesforever6 posted:

Can Sokka's space sword be metal bent?

Well... they did make a specific point out of letting Korra and Bolin try bending SPACE ROCK because it's supposed to be so much easier to bend. And I seem to remember Toph having some leftover SPACE ROCK from the sword meteor that she played around with because it was super easy to bend.

So, Sokka's sword is probably the easiest object on earth to metalbend.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

You mean Space-earth :colbert:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Can't link, but Korra's Facebook page just announced that this season is gonna start airing on tv again. On Nicktoons, granted, but still airing.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jackard posted:

Shouldn't be hard, that was an immensely lovely fight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Can't link, but Korra's Facebook page just announced that this season is gonna start airing on tv again. On Nicktoons, granted, but still airing.

What the gently caress Nick. :psyduck:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is it also going to be online?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is it also going to be online?

Just rechecked, and it makes it clear that the online version is still going on.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Is this like take-backsies? Because it sure feels like it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Toshimo posted:

Well... they did make a specific point out of letting Korra and Bolin try bending SPACE ROCK because it's supposed to be so much easier to bend. And I seem to remember Toph having some leftover SPACE ROCK from the sword meteor that she played around with because it was super easy to bend.

drat I forgot about that

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Or change the thread title.

This is (not) a good thread either.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style
So, am I the only one that is worried we won't get to see the Fire Nation. Also I the other day my playlist randomly chose to play AtLA season 2 premiere, The Avatar State. Did they completely rewrite how the Avatar works to accommodate the flying kites of ultimate good and evil. Airbender gives the impression that the Avatar is like a bodhisattva rather than some trouble maker who fused with god.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.

Regalingualius posted:

Token offer to appease the angry mobs who heard what Nick forced Bryke to do to their baby?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Toshimo posted:

Flipping through YouTube, I remember seeing a video of some weapons otaku/blacksmith guy built a replica of Sokka's sword out of actual meteorite metal he got his hands on, and it was the shittiest sword ever. He had to fold a bunch of tempered steel into it just so it wouldn't snap in two when you swung it.

Too lazy to find the link.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

AlternateNu posted:

Flipping through YouTube, I remember seeing a video of some weapons otaku/blacksmith guy built a replica of Sokka's sword out of actual meteorite metal he got his hands on, and it was the shittiest sword ever. He had to fold a bunch of tempered steel into it just so it wouldn't snap in two when you swung it.

Too lazy to find the link.

Similarly, socketing rubies into your weapons doesn't make them stronger either.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It doesn't make sense to a point what Nick is doing, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if this actually doesn't end up being the future of television - Throw something online, measure out how well it does, and then start airing it on your network if it passes muster. I mean, that's already sort-of the case in the music and publishing industry, so if it graduates to that level with television, I wouldn't be surprised.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Writh posted:

So, am I the only one that is worried we won't get to see the Fire Nation. Also I the other day my playlist randomly chose to play AtLA season 2 premiere, The Avatar State. Did they completely rewrite how the Avatar works to accommodate the flying kites of ultimate good and evil. Airbender gives the impression that the Avatar is like a bodhisattva rather than some trouble maker who fused with god.

The Avatar state has always been two things. The previous lives and the actual Avatar state. The actual explanation for the Avatar spirit was given as both "the actual spirit incarnated at Earth" and "The light of thousands of lives" but it was both A and B, at least until it became just B in Korra.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Regalingualius posted:

Man, what a clusterfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The Avatar state has always been two things. The previous lives and the actual Avatar state. The actual explanation for the Avatar spirit was given as both "the actual spirit incarnated at Earth" and "The light of thousands of lives" but it was both A and B, at least until it became just B in Korra.

Also, from what little we saw of Wan at the time of his death, he seemed to be quite dignified and not necessarily a brash troublemaker anymore. He had obviously earned the trust and respect of Raava. Who's to say Wan hadn't achieved a form of enlightenment?

• Locked thread