Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Op should also be updated to reflect that one of the big mod sites is gone. I think its planet elder scrolls, whichever was the gamespy one. But there's a lot of dead links in the OP as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
PES = Planet Elder Scrolls

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Has anyone found a good replacement for the incredibly wimpy male breton sound files?

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Hog Inspector posted:

Has anyone found a good replacement for the incredibly wimpy male breton sound files?

You could just rename the Orc ones. They actually use the same voice actor (Wes Johnson..)

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Hog Inspector posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNb53uuSVc

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Op should also be updated to reflect that one of the big mod sites is gone. I think its planet elder scrolls, whichever was the gamespy one. But there's a lot of dead links in the OP as a result.

This being said if these mods do not exist anywhere else, and really added that much to the overall experience to the game, if someone can temporarily throw them up somewhere where I can download them I will put them up with the other files I have.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

dbzfandiego posted:

I seem to be having a problem with the Morrowind Code Patch, whenever I apply it Steam gives an Application load error 5:0000065434 message when I try to start the game. Dose anyone know a way to fix this?

Might be the overlay, i read somewhere (mgso mostly) that the steam overlay had problems with it so try disabling it but then again im running it through steam with overlay just fine, though my copy is the original disc version.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Bone_Enterprise posted:

This being said if these mods do not exist anywhere else, and really added that much to the overall experience to the game, if someone can temporarily throw them up somewhere where I can download them I will put them up with the other files I have.

http://mw.modhistory.com/ This place seems to be a decent backup site, its got quite a few of the ones that vanished when planet went down.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

http://mw.modhistory.com/ This place seems to be a decent backup site, its got quite a few of the ones that vanished when planet went down.

Yeah, it's got almost all of them. Fliggerty made a bot to automatically grab everything off PES before their servers started going down.

For anyone who's interested, I've updated the Tea Mod to version 2.0. I've upgraded and optimized a bunch of meshes and added a shitload of new ones to a new tea shop in Tel Mora.

This one was the most fiddly to make:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

That was one of the first mods I grabbed when I did my latest install, the amount of work that went into it just floors me. If I'm updating to v2.0 do I need to delete all the old files first or can I just toss this down on top?

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

That was one of the first mods I grabbed when I did my latest install, the amount of work that went into it just floors me. If I'm updating to v2.0 do I need to delete all the old files first or can I just toss this down on top?

You'll have to do a quick save cleaning/update with Wrye Mash, but it should be a relatively easy upgrade. Once you let Wrye upgrade your saves, you can delete the old ESPs without losing anything.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
does anyone know why morrowind refuses to play skyrim music? i have oblivion music in there and some eso stuff, but everytime it tries to play a skyrim track i get an ingame error, then it saves and shuts down. :| they are all mp3's too, its just weird as hell.

edit: okay ignore me, i was dumb with the encoding.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 13, 2014

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, so I'm having trouble with MGSO 3.0 and distant lands and the fact that no matter what I do, it just doesn't work. mgeXE works perfect besides that issue. This is on windows 8.1 and the steam version, I have all the redistributables and running the launcher, game and mge as administrator, any ideas?

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Have you turned off the Steam Overlay? It wasn't on your list.

Oh, by the way, figured that since I just used this again and all that I should say thanks to the people who did all the work. I think you are all insane for doing it, but it is quite nice. Morrowind looks awesome because of this.

Zebrin fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 15, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Deaderinred posted:

does anyone know why morrowind refuses to play skyrim music? i have oblivion music in there and some eso stuff, but everytime it tries to play a skyrim track i get an ingame error, then it saves and shuts down. :| they are all mp3's too, its just weird as hell.

edit: okay ignore me, i was dumb with the encoding.

Glad you figured it out, but figured I'd repost this in case anybody else decided to do the same thing, since this could save somebody some time:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I just finished moving Skyrim's music over to Morrowind. More work than it's worth, but if you're bored, you can do it too! How do you do this?

First, you need Skyrim. Then you need a tool that can browse and extract .bsa files, like FOMM (yes, it will work.) Find your "Skyrim - Sounds.bsa" (i.e. Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/data) and open it with FOMM. Once it opens, you can narrow down the .bsa's contents by searching for "mus", as in "music." Now you're only seeing the music, and not sound effects.

Extract whatever music you want. Most songs are broken down into 4-8 pieces, so be sure to extract all of the pieces to each song. The problem you'll now be facing is that you've extracted a bunch of .xwm files. Morrowind can't play this poo poo, so you'll need to snag something like the Skyrim Audio Converter to repackage them as .mp3 files, which Morrowind can play. The Skyrim Audio Converter is pretty easy to figure out: You add files to the list, and then convert. If the program is filled with .xwm files, it will automatically flip them over to .mp3, and vice versa.

So now you've got your .mp3 pieces. If you're lazy, you can just mash them into the appropriate "EXPLORE" and "BATTLE" folders in your Morrowind Music directory. Odds are you won't have a song last long enough to hear the end--not without a combat track interrupting it. BUT! If you want to go that extra mile, grab Merge MP3, a really simple utility that does exactly what its title suggests.

Load up all the song pieces in the program. Before you "merge selected", go up to preferences and, under the "advanced options" box that pops up, make sure that "Merge Using Raw Stream Mode" is ticked. If it isn't, your files will be combined in such a manner that they'll be flagged as "0 kbps", which isn't playable in Morrowind. If you do it correctly, you'll have some pretty long (15-45 minute) files that are in constant, 128 kbps format. Finally, just drop them into the Music > "Battle" or "Explore" files. You don't even have to rename them.

There's nothing wrong with Morrowind's music, but hours of walking around, listening to the same handful of tracks can be really tiring. There's no denying that a lot of Skyrim's music fits in perfectly, breaking the "duh-dee-dah, duh-dee-DAH, duh-dee-dah, duh duh dee daaaah" of Morrowind's stock tracks. Plus, nothing accentuates you impotently flailing at mudcrabs more than Skyrim's extra-serious combat music.

Obviously if you've got the music files already, you don't really need Skyrim and you can just skip to the Skyrim Audio Converter.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
New OpenMW update - Books and Scribs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfq2j8bgQnM

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Well, I finally did it. The OP's been updated with new links for all the mods that were on PlanetElderScrolls and a few I caught that were old nexus links.

I also took an ax to the first part of the OP (something I've been wanting to do for roughly the same amount of time) and removed a ton of stuff that didn't really need to be there. It's a lot shorter now.

Let me know if you find anything wrong or any more dead links.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Musical_Daredevil posted:

Well, I finally did it. The OP's been updated with new links for all the mods that were on PlanetElderScrolls and a few I caught that were old nexus links.

I also took an ax to the first part of the OP (something I've been wanting to do for roughly the same amount of time) and removed a ton of stuff that didn't really need to be there. It's a lot shorter now.

Let me know if you find anything wrong or any more dead links.

About goddamn time! ;)

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Speaking of axing mods, I reinstalled after being away for forever (since before Qarl died, apparently :(), and I've been trying to find a mod that I loved but now can't remember the name of. It added a couple dozen followers all around the world, just really simple companions, but it was kind of fun to just have a relatively generic fighter or mage follow you around for a while. I distinctly remember there being a fighter dude in the upstairs of Arrille's Tradehouse.

And now I can't find it :argh:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Doomsayer posted:

Speaking of axing mods, I reinstalled after being away for forever (since before Qarl died, apparently :(), and I've been trying to find a mod that I loved but now can't remember the name of. It added a couple dozen followers all around the world, just really simple companions, but it was kind of fun to just have a relatively generic fighter or mage follow you around for a while. I distinctly remember there being a fighter dude in the upstairs of Arrille's Tradehouse.

And now I can't find it :argh:

I'm pretty positive I know what you're talking about. It was sort of like a primitive version of Oblivion's CM Partners mod, but I haven't been able to find it for a while now. If I come across it, I'll throw a link up here (if one exists).

QUICK EDIT: Check to make sure it isn't one of these mods toward the top of the page in the link.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm pretty positive I know what you're talking about. It was sort of like a primitive version of Oblivion's CM Partners mod, but I haven't been able to find it for a while now. If I come across it, I'll throw a link up here (if one exists).

That was it! It was called CM Partners! The morrowind version came out before the Oblivion one did, same guy I think. I'm not finding a link to the actual mod though :saddowns:

Edit: Here's a Dutch version: http://www.worldofelderscrolls.de/?go=dlfile&id=262

Edit 2: The Oblivion and Skyrim CM Partners mods are both by the same guy, but he hasn't posted it to the Morrowind nexus :argh:

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 23, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Oh poo poo, I really wanted to say it was called "CM Partners", too. But after I couldn't find it, I ended up thinking I had just mistaken it with the Oblivion mod of the same name. Go figure.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
I found this on Morrowind Modding History. Is it what you're looking for?

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
At least link to the most recent version
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-24-14281

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Musical_Daredevil posted:

I found this on Morrowind Modding History. Is it what you're looking for?

delta534 posted:

At least link to the most recent version
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-24-14281

You dudes are the best :allears:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is there any type of mod / workaround to get a controller set up? I'd really like to sit in front of my TV and play a fully modded out morrowind from my couch.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I own Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, but the only one I've played is Skyrim and I hate how complicated Gamebryo modding can get. Do MGSO and Chocolate Pack conflict?

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

I own Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, but the only one I've played is Skyrim and I hate how complicated Gamebryo modding can get. Do MGSO and Chocolate Pack conflict?

You could probably get away with using MGSO if you only install the gameplay stuff from Chocolate Pack. Skip all the graphical mods.

e: but my personal opinion is that MGSO is for chuds

Malsgrein fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 24, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Don't just mash two modpacks together and hope they'll work

Orv
May 4, 2011

Malsgrein posted:

You could probably get away with using MGSO if you only install the gameplay stuff from Chocolate Pack. Skip all the graphical mods.

I can confirm this works fine if you're careful.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

I've just released a couple mods with minor game improvements:

Mesh Improvements Optimized is a vanilla-style mesh replacer for a few misc items and cushions. It's the kind of thing I'm gradually going to build on as I make more meshes, so it doesn't cover everything yet. I'm out to redo all the misc stuff that current replacers have done a terrible job of smoothing.

Quest Tweaks and Alternatives is a mod I made to address the lack of choice (or sometimes logic) in the original quests. I'm nowhere near done yet, mostly having focused on the Telvanni/Mages Guild conflict because those are the quests I'm most familiar with, but I intend to expand it to almost everything, save the main quest. It doesn't remove any options, it just adds more and makes some tweaks to a few lovely quest rewards. The readme contains a complete list of everything I've done, if you don't like surprises, but it's not meant to be a major overhaul, just a fleshing out of existing content.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 24, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mortimer posted:

Don't just mash two modpacks together and hope they'll work

I mashed a bunch of Skyrim mod packs together and they worked :shrug:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Go for it dude. Follow your heart. Be sure to post screenshots

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Stuporstar posted:

Mesh Improvements Optimized is a vanilla-style mesh replacer for a few misc items and cushions. It's the kind of thing I'm gradually going to build on as I make more meshes, so it doesn't cover everything yet. I'm out to redo all the misc stuff that current replacers have done a terrible job of smoothing.

Quest Tweaks and Alternatives is a mod I made to address the lack of choice (or sometimes logic) in the original quests. I'm nowhere near done yet, mostly having focused on the Telvanni/Mages Guild conflict because those are the quests I'm most familiar with, but I intend to expand it to almost everything, save the main quest. It doesn't remove any options, it just adds more and makes some tweaks to a few lovely quest rewards. The readme contains a complete list of everything I've done, if you don't like surprises, but it's not meant to be a major overhaul, just a fleshing out of existing content.
if you're looking for suggestions on places to work on for the second mod, more ways to complete this quest when you're a member of both the Fighter's and Thieves guild would be welcome.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Hog Inspector posted:

Go for it dude. Follow your heart. Be sure to post screenshots

Here you go:
http://www.pcgamer.com/skyrim-week-of-madness-day-1-the-world-according-to-sheogorath/

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Skwirl posted:

if you're looking for suggestions on places to work on for the second mod, more ways to complete this quest when you're a member of both the Fighter's and Thieves guild would be welcome.

That one is definitely on my to-do list. I tend to work on that mod as I'm playing, but just haven't gotten around to playing a thief yet because I'd already done it before I learned how to mod.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Stuporstar posted:

You're a mod making machine.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Gyshall posted:

You're a mod making machine.

Heh, a lot of these are stuff I've had kicking around for years and just gave them a bit of polish before finally tossing them up. I did just recently learn how to use Blender though, so I've been making meshes for Morrowind as practice because it's the game engine I'm most familiar with.

I've also got a brand new set of meshes for Sri's Alchemy (being now 10 years old, those ingredients are looking really dated now), but I'm putting together a Sri-lite mod to go with it, so it's not quite done yet.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Stuporstar posted:

For anyone who's interested, I've updated the Tea Mod to version 2.0. I've upgraded and optimized a bunch of meshes and added a shitload of new ones to a new tea shop in Tel Mora.

This one was the most fiddly to make:

Late response but that looks awesome. I'm always amazed at how good modders can make this game look (and it looked good to begin with)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Is there a mod that adds spellbooks to Morrowind? I did a Living Off The Land run of Morrowind some years ago, and I remember one of my biggest annoyances was that there's no way to get most spells aside from buying them.