Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Sieges man, how do they work?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

Sieges man, how do they work?

they dont with xl games in charge

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

none of the Goon guilds mess with each other seriously.

Assurance of quality gaming experience. Is there a stamp or something?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Eonwe posted:

they dont with xl games in charge

Seriously. Didn't someone say that there are Korean guilds that have had their castles since Auroria was added, since the castle holder has such a massive advantage?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
That is true on the korean servers for the most part. Defense is really easy.

Except for a single guild that goes to a server, takes all the castles, then transfers off the server to another and repeats this non stop.

Trion asked for changes and it made defense even easier.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
From what I read on the official forums on most servers sieges wouldn't even start on half the servers because the item didn't work or something.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Morglon posted:

From what I read on the official forums on most servers sieges wouldn't even start on half the servers because the item didn't work or something.

I think some just didn't know you had to place it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Arcade posted:

I think some just didn't know you had to place it.

I wouldn't know and it is possible some or all of them were full of poo poo however Trion has admitted that there is/was a problem and is refunding some/all of the guilds.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
This splinter guild drama never would have happened if the Histrionics and Impzone Age Baiters hadn't imported some made-up drama from years ago.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Narciss posted:

This splinter guild drama never would have happened if the Histrionics and Impzone Age Baiters hadn't imported some made-up drama from years ago.

Are you trying to summon them on purpose, for comedy reasons. Or do not realize that the mere mention of their name, will require them to poo poo up the thread, for ehonor.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

We're recycling jokes at this point.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dahn posted:

Are you trying to summon them on purpose, for comedy reasons. Or do not realize that the mere mention of their name, will require them to poo poo up the thread, for ehonor.

Tokaii is banned so sadly that won't happen

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Imp incursions into MMO HMO are the opposite of castle sieges.

The defenders always lose.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Getting back to sieges...

From what I have read, across all servers, not even a single wall was destroyed anywhere.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Narciss posted:

Is this a real post

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

Is this a real post

Is this just fantasy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

InternetJunky posted:

Getting back to sieges...

From what I have read, across all servers, not even a single wall was destroyed anywhere.

I mean WAR kinda boggled keep sieges but not that bad.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
They had a tier armor system in place no one knew about until the first wall keep and the boss killed everyone since no one had the tier of armor that prevented that damage.

Then they didn't introduce the dungeons that dropped the right tiers for ages.

They also let you use a class to pull people through walls to kill them.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Third World Reggin posted:

They had a tier armor system in place no one knew about until the first wall keep and the boss killed everyone since no one had the tier of armor that prevented that damage.

Then they didn't introduce the dungeons that dropped the right tiers for ages.

They also let you use a class to pull people through walls to kill them.

The throne room didn't even matter because of the horrific lag that showed up even with the limited number of people in the zone. The only keep I saw fall was when the sever crashed with both gates down and the attackers could organize faster than the defenders.

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?

Eonwe posted:

Is this a real post

It's Narciss, it's never a real post.

For the few people who have been asking, the east guild is under a new name and organizing resources. We should be accepting new people very shortly.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
i regret making this my first goon mmo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

atlas of bugs posted:

i regret making this my first goon mmo

nearly every goon mmo ever has been better than this

the initial goon leadership failed on a spectacular level at nearly every turn

mmos are bad, and the next one you play will be bad, but it will probably be a lot more fun than this ended up being

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I dunno I've had fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

I dunno I've had fun

ive had fun too, but atlas of bugs just wanted to play an mmo with goons and do a fun thing, which he couldn't do because of how bad the main goon guild ended up being

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Eonwe posted:

nearly every goon mmo ever has been better than this

the initial goon leadership failed on a spectacular level at nearly every turn

mmos are bad, and the next one you play will be bad, but it will probably be a lot more fun than this ended up being

okay, that helps :unsmith:

was the failure you are talking about "sct"? because he was really nice to me, but if he groomed teenagers for sex i'm willing to believe i was manipulated :smith:

Widestancer posted:

I dunno I've had fun

i actually really enjoyed your posts, they reminded me of fyad back in the day

Eonwe posted:

ive had fun too, but atlas of bugs just wanted to play an mmo with goons and do a fun thing, which he couldn't do because of how bad the main goon guild ended up being

and i remember you, too, from being in-game. i liked grouping with you! wish we could have done more content before the game's death

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im just talking about a failure of leadership in general, not anyone in particular

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hey Atlas you should game with us we have a lot of fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

also his av is cool

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

also his av is cool

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wanted to keep playing, but some of the bullshit the devs have pulled just didn't sit right with me

basically selling thunderstrucks despite knowing that some people were holding on to them to make money because so many new plans would call for them (which should be encouraged in a player driven economy)
updating hackshield on their big auroria release causing some people to miss out on the launch entirely
making it possible to get a 6 slot tractor only through some dumb nerd paying money for the plan

etc

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Widestancer posted:

i'm an Olde Goone so i usually don't have lots of time to play; i took a chance on ArcheAge because the banner ads were goofy and because they said it was good pvp fun and you could own ships and vehicles and i'd never seen that

i am bummed that everyone i met turned out to be backstabbing every other person i met, but i will remember fondly the good times

beachfront picnics on my tiny plot of land

meeting new friends on the road

and sailing with goons!

did i ever group with you, widestancer?

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Eonwe posted:

I wanted to keep playing, but some of the bullshit the devs have pulled just didn't sit right with me

basically selling thunderstrucks despite knowing that some people were holding on to them to make money because so many new plans would call for them (which should be encouraged in a player driven economy)
updating hackshield on their big auroria release causing some people to miss out on the launch entirely
making it possible to get a 6 slot tractor only through some dumb nerd paying money for the plan

etc

i feel kind of reluctant walking away now that I have a lvl 50, max level hero to play with and all the work it took for me to get a hero that powerful

but i recognize, from reading this thread, that that is an insidious and intentional element of game design -- they want to make you feel like quitting is a waste of your time: a "sunk cost"

and i won't let them get me
i won't let them get us, eonwe

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you are in a screenshot with kimsemsus...you...you..GOONFUCKER

:)

Also now that you posted those screenshots I remember grouping up with you, good playing with you

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Outside of the Auroria land debacle, this is the second worst thing that happened to the game. Trion was like "oh, I see you all have been holding onto those thunderstrucks in hopes of getting huge returns. Too bad, we're going to add them in as a pay2win option and crash the market". The farm hauler upgrade being another pay2win addition definitely did further damage. It honestly almost makes me mad how I thought this was going to be a game I'd play for years, and they colossally hosed it up to the point that I don't even want to log in after 2 months.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I honestly didn't care so much about the thunderstruck tree issue, probably because I wasn't hoarding any in the first place, and at the very least it was possible to get them with an in-game mechanic even if it was a ridiculous one. The farm hauler thing on the other hand, there is just no excuse, and is pretty much scam territory since there is no way to get it without some grognard dropping cash for the upgrade "ticket". It wouldn't even be part of the game if there weren't idiots throwing wads of cash at the company in addition to monthly subscription fees.

Game has been out for only a couple months and I've already done almost everything it has to offer as well, except leaving the game running to get labor points.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
We can only hope it serves as a lesson to future MMO development. Although with the trend being awful MMO after awful MMO I highly doubt it'll be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Are the MMOs really that much worse or are our standards much higher? Makes you think.

• Locked thread