Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
We should make a new Persona thread separate from the Megaten master race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

BottledBodhisvata posted:

It has to be Chie. Even Naoto can't compete.

where does this idea that naoto is anywhere near being best girl come from? i don't get it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

she's got a nice hat

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

This is the Persona Q thread.

And Naoto does in fact have a nice hat.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Captain Walker posted:

We should make a new Persona thread separate from the Megaten master race

We need some way to sort the riff-raff... But which thread has the riff-raff, SMT or Persona??????

It's the Final Fantasy thread

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

So the P3 world is based on Scientology, it seems.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The manga name canon confirmation we've all been waiting for.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

My understanding is that none of the "canon" names show up in the random name list either.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

The 6 character limit sucks, I think Devil Survivor had the same limit.

E: Biggus Dickus.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Momomo posted:

So the P3 world is based on Scientology, it seems.

"Hey, Big Bro.

...Why do people die?"

>Is Nanako talking about her mother, who died in an accident? Nanako is looking straight at you...This is a difficult question for a girl Nanako's age to understand.
But, with your level of Expression, you were able to explain it to her. You decide to talk with Nanako about life and death...

"Well, basically, a giant alien being came to our planet at the dawn of time and smashed into it. The shock of the impact caused its consciousness to be separated from its physical body and subsumed into the 'Collective Unconsciousness' of all living things. Meanwhile, its physical body was eventually covered with a core of material kicked up from the blast, forming the body we know as the moon. So, there IS an old man in the moon, and he wants to kill you. But I digress. Despite being a horrifying manifestation of death, the alien creatures' psyche pooled in the collective unconsciousness and created a massive spike in the evolutionary process. This is what led our single-celled ancestors to abandon their near-immortality and embrace a shorter lifespan.

...And that's why people die."

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

^^^ holy gently caress I had a hard time not laughing at that because I'm sitting with my grandparents and I would have to explain why I was laughing.

Also, I can't wait to play Persona the Fanfiction Game tomorrow. I've been Etrian Oddysey IV as prep for the game and it's also really good. Does anyone know if we get to draw our own maps in Q? Because that's my favorite part of the game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

6 Character limit? Souji Seta wins again. Also I guess you could do first name Yu Na last name Rukami.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

littleorv posted:

Also, I can't wait to play Persona the Fanfiction Game tomorrow. I've been Etrian Oddysey IV as prep for the game and it's also really good. Does anyone know if we get to draw our own maps in Q? Because that's my favorite part of the game.

You get to draw in your own map. It's actually really nice.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Is persona Q not up at 12est?

the last couple of 3ds I've gotten have been, it was nice

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It probably doesn't warrant that, at worst it'll be up around midday.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

Is persona Q not up at 12est?

the last couple of 3ds I've gotten have been, it was nice

First party titles are the ones that go up at midnight. Everything else goes up at noon.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

w

Strange Quark posted:

First party titles are the ones that go up at midnight. Everything else goes up at noon.

was layton vs wright first party, or just special?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

was layton vs wright first party, or just special?

Like all Layton games, it was published by Nintendo, so it was basically first party.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
As someone who really likes both Persona and Etrian Odyssey, I am way too excited about this. Especially with it dropping right as I go into a five day holiday.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

projecthalaxy posted:

6 Character limit? Souji Seta wins again. Also I guess you could do first name Yu Na last name Rukami.

Raidou XIV
Nature Gigolo
Fred Jones
Beef Portal
Charly Tunoku

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
I'm cautiously optimistic about PQ, I wasn't too fond of the 3d maze of Strange Journey (and somehow pushed through the horrible infinite hallway that is SMT1). I'm kinda spoiled after SMT4, what with the dozen or so Celtic demons in it (Brigid, Balor, Queen Mab, Dormath and some others I'm failing to recollect). But as long as Cu Chulainn is in it, I'll be content :3:.

Oh god, Please be good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

unlike strange journey, the eo team knows how to make a dungeon crawler

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Toadsniff posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic about PQ, I wasn't too fond of the 3d maze of Strange Journey (and somehow pushed through the horrible infinite hallway that is SMT1). I'm kinda spoiled after SMT4, what with the dozen or so Celtic demons in it (Brigid, Balor, Queen Mab, Dormath and some others I'm failing to recollect). But as long as Cu Chulainn is in it, I'll be content :3:.

Oh god, Please be good.

if you haven't played any etrian odyssey games, there are demos for 4 and untold (a remake of eo1) on the eshop. give em a try.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Toadsniff posted:

Oh god, Please be good.

Cu Chu is always present. I'm reasonably sure he was one of the first non-character specific ones to show up in screenshots.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

A popularity contest where you put fuuka against chie. What kinda bullshit is this, at least put them against shittier characters.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Since I assume we all live in different time zones how many hours will it go up in on the U.S. Eshop?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Can't wait to pick up my overpriced CE tommorow.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Listening to Light the Fire Up in the Night as I write my last paper for the semester. It's not due until Thursday but I figure if I do it tonight I can spend more time playing Q without worrying about anything (well except exams but I don't really study for them anyways because I am a huge Idiot). So hyped for tomorrow after my classes.

e: Anyone want to analyze The Metamorphosis from a Marxist literary perspective for me? No? Okay :(

littleorv fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 25, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

It's ok, one day you will have a job and family instead of exams and homework and you'll be able to afford every single game that comes out and have 0 time to play them

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

littleorv posted:

e: Anyone want to analyze The Metamorphosis from a Marxist literary perspective for me? No? Okay :(

If the assignment is bugging you, you should try to change it. Otherwise...maybe one of your buddies can help you? That's really what Franz are for.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Gross ^^^

Wow that's the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to me. But let's be real I'm so far into the video game rabbit hole that I play JRPG's so I doubt a good job and a family is in the cards for me.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

actually jrpg players are the handsomest and best adjusted of video game players

i did a study

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

actually jrpg players are the handsomest and best adjusted of video game players

i did a study

I have read the youtube comments for the Persona Q trailers (for some masochistic reason) and I respectfully disagree with your study.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

i did a study

I'm sorry but what your mother tells you does not count as a study.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

average COD gamer:

"lol check my k/d brah, totally pwned some noobs"

average jrpg player:

"The myriad ways in which Xenogears mirrors Gnostic symbolism is really quite fascinating. Perhaps we could continue this conversation over dinner?"

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

average COD gamer:

"lol check my k/d brah, totally pwned some noobs"

average jrpg player:

"The myriad ways in which Xenogears mirrors Gnostic symbolism is really quite fascinating. Perhaps we could continue this conversation over dinner?"

*nods sagely*

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Since I assume we all live in different time zones how many hours will it go up in on the U.S. Eshop?

9 AM Pacific time.

Cake Attack posted:

i did a study

Everyone is cute + cool, regardless of what games they play :)

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
i think the zohar is god's penis

^^^ for those of you who hate time math, 9 AM pacific is roughly nine hours from the time of this post.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

i think the zohar is god's penis

Well now I REALLY want to touch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

A popularity contest where you put fuuka against chie. What kinda bullshit is this, at least put them against shittier characters.

I don't know how to interpret this post but I can't help but disagree with it