Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Thief posted:

Every premium plane can have all 4 decals even if your premium time expires if you unlock the mark of distinction.
Yes, I am aware of that. Doesn't really help my non-premium planes.

Thief posted:

I bought most of them for the same price you pay for a single meal.
Feel free to elaborate. My meals are pretty drat basic.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Thief posted:

I flew the 102 enough to know it's gonna be one of the last planes I get if I ever bother to :homebrew: for it.

It's way better than the Ki-102. I wouldn't really call it a priority though, but do try it out in a free test flight or something.

e: I suppose if you really like the 57mm cannon more than the 37mm cannon it might not be but it certainly flies a lot better and has lots more ammo.

Shanakin fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 25, 2014

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://gfycat.com/KindheartedRigidArmadillo

Great, thanks lag!

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

ghetto wormhole posted:

can't do 800kph straight down screaming helldives anymore.
wingrip

It's also annoying how your team will usually ignore your message of "hey, I have 25 bomber busting shots, let me handle the bombers for you" and then get set on fire as they tail them.

Thief posted:

I bought most of them for the same price you pay for a single meal.

The diet/teetotaler approach is the most dangerous way to justify your spending on f2p games. Now to fly my D.520 some more. It saved me 800 calories initially but really the long-term benefit is the fat I'm burning running down the hall yelling expletives and punching the wall.

quote:

flew the 102 enough

It is completely different from the 102. Loads of ammo, agile, climbs like a rocket. It's like a truck of Mustangs ran into a truck of Toryus.

Sard fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 25, 2014

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The IL-10 '46 doesn't really make sense until an enemy sits on your tail and you realise your rear gun is actually a B-20. :allears:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Thief posted:

I flew the 102 enough to know it's gonna be one of the last planes I get if I ever bother to :homebrew: for it. That cannon is awesome.

The 37mm cannon is way worse but the flight model is WAY better than the 102.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
It's pretty thrilling to accidentally twist the rudder trim dial the wrong direction for takeoff and WEP immediately into the house next to the runway.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Don't go for full power right from the get-go.
Slow start-up, full speed after you have control of the plane, late takeoff.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Half the fun of taking off is slamming full throttle into a swinging fishtail and trying to keep it straight without even bothering to lock your tailwheel :snoop: I refuse to memorize which way various props spin for this very reason.

Personally I've had to land planes before with only my throttle, wasd keys and a fan.gif because I forgot to import my keyboard controls when switching back to RBs after a few SBs. I need to bind proper trim keys still but for whatever reason, my trim will never lock where I set it. Like its constantly thinking I'm hitting the reset for it for whatever reason so I've just accepted the fact that I'll be leaning on the rudder everytime I play this game. I've actually brought up my Steam overlay or whatever other UI's lock the controls as an improvised trim so I could alt+tab and change songs because I'm too lazy to fix it.

Thief fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 25, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Alternatively fly a heavy fighter and don't give a poo poo about prop torque.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

I didn't know jets were that heavy.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Good point there.
I have yet to fly jets in SB but I imagine it to be more fun to fly lovely jets in SB than it is in RB.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

The F-80 is hilariously OP because of how the view mechanics are and everyone simply flying to the middle to turn fight on the deck in their 190s. It's just like in DCS when you roll up on P-51s and go for an easy guns kill because they are practically stationary relative to your speed. And if you miss you will be a 1 pixel dot so fast that they will have very little hope of tracking you let alone giving chase.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

WebDO posted:

Yeah dude, shrapnel through a driver slit is a guaranteed one shot at that tier and despite being gigantic the T-28 can move. With the T-60 the trick is to keep pounding HE from the default belt into exhaust ports or the engine until they burn.

That's what I like about WT's tank damage module. It's not about penetration, but at least trying to give shells weight and character. The more you stop thinking "Oh, I can't pen him," and start thinking "How can I gently caress this guy up in a neat way," you'll find some cool stuff.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

BBJoey posted:

The IL-10 '46 doesn't really make sense until an enemy sits on your tail and you realise your rear gun is actually a B-20. :allears:

It's such a lovely ground attacker since those cannons can't penetrate light pillboxes or tanks, so going after other planes is probably the best way to play it for now. On Korea/Alt Berlin you get to clean up US lawnmowers, and on Berlin you get to pick on Ho-229s. :v:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Yeah, the late Il-10 is great for faking out the enemy by pretending to retreat then blowing them out of the sky with a few precision B-20 rounds. Granted you could do the same with the early model's .50 with a few extra shots in addition to having actual good ground attack cannons but there's something about the 20mm that's fun. (same with the late Yer-2s actually)

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Plan Z posted:

That's what I like about WT's tank damage module. It's not about penetration, but at least trying to give shells weight and character. The more you stop thinking "Oh, I can't pen him," and start thinking "How can I gently caress this guy up in a neat way," you'll find some cool stuff.

My favorite tanks moment was oneshotting a KV-1 with the flaktrak

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcC6bSzM9e0
Another reminder that tanks would be fun and providing cool times if it wasn't such a whorebag to grind. (Custom battle 1v1?)

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Nordick posted:

I've played this game since August 2012. During these 2+ years I haven't, apart from the couple sessions when first trying this game out, played a single session without premium as far as I remember.
At one day of premium at a time, I've managed that (PLUS a few premium planes) with a grand total of 12000 gold eagles, according to the purchase history in my profile on the official site.
Now, how much would 2 years of premium be on a sale like that?

I'm not trying to be snarky here, just want to clarify the point of how good the old 100 GE for one prem day was for me.

EDIT: To add, when I do play the game I do usually play for several hours at a time, so the daily doubles won't amount to much there.

I understand what you're saying, but if I'm a business, I'm not interested in supporting the person who plays one day a month, because they aren't supporting me with spending 100 eagles.
I want the game to continue, this small change is fine. Even redbox is raising their prices after 12 years of not changing their offerings or services. This game has added a lot.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

jownzy posted:

I understand what you're saying, but if I'm a business, I'm not interested in supporting the person who plays one day a month, because they aren't supporting me with spending 100 eagles.

Generally speaking in the Freemium business model the vast bulk of sales comes from repeated minor purchases. So unless WT is an anomaly, that's exactly the kind of player they want to support.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I dunno, I'm pretty sure I'd make them more money as a steady player who kept renewing his premium time regularly with bigger chunks.

I'm not saying I don't see Gaijin's reasoning or that I'd begrudge them for doing this, because I fully understand they're just doing business. I'm just disliking this change on a purely personal level because it's contrary to my own interests.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
The year of premium I bought (50% sale) cost me ~31€. Thanks rubel! So that's similar to what someone would spend for a day here a day there. So someone playing for 30 to 40 single days spends more money on premium time than me. I too think increasing it by 90% for a single day in one go is a bit much. They'd probably make more money by reducing the price for premium time and offering a "gold/VIP" level of premium time at a higher price than the current one and giving it more benefits.

Because if there is one thing to learn from Star Citizen it's that there is always someone willing to pay MORE. Latest early access Spaceship (same as you will be able to buy ingame with normal earnable currency) 2,500$! So :gaijin: would be well served to cut a nice deal on the regular premium time and offer a VIP one with twice the benefit for 3 to 4x the price.

Extra benefits:
6 Decals or some poo poo per plane. And unique VIP Decals! Reduced hitlergold prices on module unlocks!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Let people pay gold for a STOCK title that you can only use if you've uninstalled all your upgrades and use default belts.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Imagine if Premium allowed you to 'rent' module upgrades without unlocking them, but as long as you were renting one it wouldn't gain any research points. Boom, instant goldmine for Gaijin.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
I'm pretty sure that's beyond what even pubbies would pay for. Now 1/4 to 1/5th research and they might have a deal (with idiots).

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Thief posted:

I refuse to memorize which way various props spin for this very reason.

I was actually berating myself for not knowing the direction to apply rudder in on the 109. You've taken a load off, and I shall continue swerving down the runway comically.

Michaellaneous posted:

Alternatively fly a heavy fighter and don't give a poo poo about prop torque.

or evading.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

So is the Horten 229 genuinely awful or does it suffer from severe stock syndrome like the Tempest II? I ask because it looks insanely awesome.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Ludicro posted:

So is the Horten 229 genuinely awful or does it suffer from severe stock syndrome like the Tempest II? I ask because it looks insanely awesome.

It's an extremely good ground attacker from what I've seen but it's too fragile to be a bomber attacker or head on machine like the 190 F-8.

Also the stock Tempest II is way more fun to fly than the Typhoons so I can only assume it's loving amazing spaded.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 25, 2014

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

It's probably the best tank killer in the game other than an actual tank.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Ludicro posted:

It's rather good at popping tanks with its dual mk103's once you have anti armour belts. It's not great plane, it isn't really even a good plane. It's still a jet but a rather "meh" one.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Ludicro posted:

A pubbie who spaded it said that it becomes a lot less wing rippy with both upgrades that add +5/10% structural integrity. He reported being able to pull 13+ Gs without losing his wings. So it might be okay than. I lost them after pulling up slightly. Might :s: it sometime.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Use your flaps kids:

(he was flying a zero and I was in my Tempest II)

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Somebody on the internet told me the Zero is a turnfighter. This means it cannot be out-turned in any situation ever. It is known.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I probably need to just get better, but I have to say I find T2-T3 props much more fun than the top end props and jet fighters. Being able to do decent hard maneuvers without ripping your wings off is kinda nice too. I'd go so far as to say the two most enjoyable British planes are the Britcat and the Spitfire Mk XVI.

Dogfather
May 31, 2008
Combining the flaps and using full elevator makes you turn so much better. I was trolling spits and premium ki-61s in my He 112.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

And for my next act, my entire team will vanish before your very eyes, without so much as touching a single enemy aircraft! :suicide:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

YellerBill posted:

And for my next act, my entire team will vanish before your very eyes, without so much as touching a single enemy aircraft! :suicide:

hm did you fly :911: or :ussr: ?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Gotta bet on :911:.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Blue team, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
loving red team bias (I am gonna bet on UK)

• Locked thread