Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

It's important to Aphrodite that everyone know that the :siren: PS4 VERSION IS SUPERIOR*! :siren:

If you forget do not worry. He will repeat this crucial message daily and at every opportunity.

I really only mentioned it so you'd go scuttling off to the digital foundry article to get some quotes of your own :laugh:

Achievement unlocked: Dance puppets dance!

We've reached peak Crafty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Is f12015 coming to xbox one? I just finished a full race weekend at silverstone in f12013 and it owned. I mean drat, I must have logged at least a hundred silverstone laps last night. Forza needs to absorb the realism settings for this game. 100% length races, full pit stop simulation, and working safety cars and race flags. :drat:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bobtista posted:

Achievement unlocked: Dance puppets dance!

We've reached peak Crafty.

I made him do exactly what he claims he made me do, with way less effort.

There are no strings on me.

Actually I just recommended a good game and the system it plays best on of the ones the guy said he had because I'm not a loving crazy person.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 25, 2014

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
whats the next xbox one exclusive? halo 5?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A port of iOS' Infinity Blade is the new console-exclusive hotness. Got to make that kinect worth its $4.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

nice try but i think we all know that only retail boxed games are actually games

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

shadow puppet of a posted:

Microsoft never does free when it comes to Xbox without a lot of kicking and screaming involved. Its so against their DNA. Who even thinks up a prize giveaway where the majority of people get a lovely jpeg? Its not even a goddamn pdf. They cannot help but continually re-celebrate their lack of success but refuse to shell out for something good because deep down they resent having to scuttle their plans and TV studios and pretend they they didn't expect to be knee-deep in extracted rents at this point. They probably thought the NFL would be paying them at this point for space on the dashboard.

Mental illness.

HyperPuma posted:

whats the next xbox one exclusive? halo 5?

SCREAAAAM ride. March. And ori early next year maybe below too. Those are on PC though.

The font on my posts has also gotten bigger, plus now when someone quotes you it makes your quoted words yellow. Next gen forums.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

SCREAAAAM ride. March. And ori early next year maybe below too. Those are on PC though.

Xbox one "exclusives" in a nutshell.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Crafty posted:

Mental illness.

And the answer in the form of a question; 'What is the root cause of a decision to run 3 OS'es on one console?'

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

Xbox one "exclusives" in a nutshell.

As oppose to all those really good exclusives only found on your PS4 :xd:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

And the answer in the form of a question; 'What is the root cause of a decision to run 3 OS'es on one console?'

If you think Halo is buggy because there are three OS's then you really are mentally ill. And since we already established you really are mentally ill I'm sure that is indeed what you believe.

It's nothing to do with 343's incompetence, we should be apologising to them!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

so the next great hope for xbox is roller coaster tycoon: angry birds edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT2dpHMK2kw

i wonder if the destruction is being offloaded to the cloud

ps not xbone exclusive

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

As someone who loving despises EA and feels as if I were literally robbed with my purchases of Sim City and BF4...

Should I pick up DA3?

I don't know enough about your tastes. But keeping in mind I've only got 5 hours with it so far, I would say if you like Dragon Age 1 and want a better and more fully realized version of that with a much bigger world(from what I can tell), then yes.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

As someone who loving despises EA and feels as if I were literally robbed with my purchases of Sim City and BF4...

Should I pick up DA3?

I loving despise EA and I didn't like Dragon Age Origins, but I am in fact loving DA:I. No day one DLC, no microtransactions in singleplayer, it's not broken as gently caress, none of the egregious EA/Activision/Ubisoft bullshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's day one DLC, but it's free and anyone can earn it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

King Burgundy posted:

I don't know enough about your tastes. But keeping in mind I've only got 5 hours with it so far, I would say if you like Dragon Age 1 and want a better and more fully realized version of that with a much bigger world(from what I can tell), then yes.

It bears more similarities to Dragon Age 2 than it does 1.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Aphrodite posted:

There's day one DLC, but it's free and anyone can earn it.

The weapon pack? Yeah, true. I meant more the "hey, we cut this out of the game, add it back in for $10" variety.

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

gschmidl posted:

The weapon pack? Yeah, true. I meant more the "hey, we cut this out of the game, add it back in for $10" variety.

There is no paid dlc to date. OTher then the sountrack and some cosmetics being part of the deluxe really no reason to get that at all unless you want the sound track.

Its probably the most playable dragon age to date with a sensible story so far. I'm like 55 hours and not yet finished thou.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dan Didio posted:

It bears more similarities to Dragon Age 2 than it does 1.

Really? That hasn't been my experience so far. In combat, It feels like if I try to play it pure action like DA2 I get slaughtered. I actually have to be tactical, which is more like DA1. In terms of world, DA2 was super limited and repetitive, this is nothing like that so far. I'd be curious to hear more about why you think this.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does Dragon Age play anything like Mass Effect?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Spacebump posted:

Does Dragon Age play anything like Mass Effect?

Inquisition plays more like Guild Wars 2 or Kingdoms of Amalur. It is not a squad shooter, and the dialog wheel is not as comically obvious as in ME or DA2.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
would

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
eat a dorito that is

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Chicks hot, anyone know her gamertag?

More discounts to come as we get closer to black friday but here's what's on offer at the moment.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Buy Valiant Hearts.

I know it's Ubisoft, buy it anyway.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

King Burgundy posted:

Really? That hasn't been my experience so far. In combat, It feels like if I try to play it pure action like DA2 I get slaughtered. I actually have to be tactical, which is more like DA1. In terms of world, DA2 was super limited and repetitive, this is nothing like that so far. I'd be curious to hear more about why you think this.

Pretty much all of the talent trees, combat systems, class designs and central design concepts with regards to combat and quest design are based on Dragon Age 2 rather than Dragon Age 1.

It's a far better game than Dragon Age 2, but it's clearly iterative of that, with some stuff from Dragon Age 1 and not the other way around.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

we have a thread for people that want to talk poo poo about the xbox one

it's in byob

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Aphrodite posted:

Buy Valiant Hearts.

Agreed.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Aphrodite posted:

Buy Valiant Hearts.

I think I will. I'm still only a few hours into child of light though, need to get back into that.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Crafty posted:

Chicks hot, anyone know her gamertag?

More discounts to come as we get closer to black friday but here's what's on offer at the moment.

50%? lol

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ID@Xbox's greatest competitor has an announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOTEA_Kn6d0

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dan Didio posted:

Pretty much all of the talent trees, combat systems, class designs and central design concepts with regards to combat and quest design are based on Dragon Age 2 rather than Dragon Age 1.

It's a far better game than Dragon Age 2, but it's clearly iterative of that, with some stuff from Dragon Age 1 and not the other way around.

Ah, that's fair.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Microsoft probably thought the NFL would be paying them at this point for space on the dashboard.

lmao this is a good musing and most likely true

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

ID@Xbox's greatest competitor has an announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOTEA_Kn6d0

Stepping on the ps4's toes with all those indie games.

koolkal posted:

50%? lol

It's better than 49% and there's more to come you cheap jerk.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

koolkal posted:

50%? lol

They labeled the columns wrong, that's the game's framerate.

I may buy Killer Instinct and Forza 5, they're basically the only games I'm missing :retrogames:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

despite the complaints about reused assets and whatnot, the car pass adds a whole lot of vehicles to the game (like 90 cars or something). I wouldn't want to play forza 5 without it, but given your track record of not really playing any of these games you are buying univbee, I guess it probably isn't worth it in your case. It is nice though because it gives you cars in nearly every league so you can skip a lot of the grind and go straight to race cars if you are so inclined. You can do that anyway by renting cars in free mode but you don't earn credits or xp.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 25, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

who has time to play games when youre posting about xbox? i didnt even bother playing gt6 after reinstalling it i just like the process of installing and patching to take my mind of the pain from smashing my balls with a hammer

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

And so begins the slow process of synergy-loving $2.6bn of value out of Minecraft:

quote:

Starting today, the Star Wars™ Classic Skin Pack will be available for Minecraft only on Xbox One and Xbox 360. Disney, Lucasfilm and Microsoft have teamed up to bring downloadable content packs to Minecraft for Xbox, featuring a collection of 55 skins from Episode IV through Episode VI. Play as your favorite characters from the Galactic Civil War, like the courageous Luke Skywalker, scoundrel Han Solo, or brave and lovable Wicket in this new pack. These may just be the blocks you’re looking for.

Priced at $2.99 USD, the Star Wars Classic Skin Pack includes:

Lobot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Crafty posted:

It's better than 49% and there's more to come you cheap jerk.

you poor console gamers :(

• Locked thread