Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

tsa posted:

Seriously what the gently caress is wrong with some of you. This is all in response to someone saying let's work together.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given this is the thread that cheered a white woman getting shot in the head, just because she was white. Of course it later turned out she was a pro-Brown protester, but who cares, white people deserve death because reasons. Most the people here seem just as racist as the people they decry.

Holy crap hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ceiling fan posted:

Victim-wise, I think it takes 3 black girls in a church. But even that doesn't convince everyone.

quote:

A witness identified Robert Edward Chambliss, a member of the Ku Klux Klan, as the man who placed the bomb under the steps of the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church. He was arrested but only charged with possessing a box of 122 sticks of dynamite without a permit.

If that happened today you know there would be people posting facebook pictures of one of the girls holding her hand in a way that kinda maybe might look like a gang sign, and saying what could you expect when you let kids into a hotbed of civil rights SJW agitation.

Vengeful Turtle
Dec 25, 2009

by Ralp

Vahakyla posted:

...maybe somekind of person with a whip?

:vince:

Popular Thug Drink posted:

White people actually do deserve death tho. It's true.

Yessir, no racism here.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vengeful Turtle posted:

Yessir, no racism here.

What's racist about it?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
white people are bad

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

They'll indict a few slices on bread but not the whole pig.

:golfclap:

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Oh cool, now the unmedicated schizophrenics are posting

Oops - you're right - you have to have a black governor to pardon you despite being convicted of manslaughter (which was already a light sentence for shooting a kid point blank in the face)

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Sam Hall posted:

The entire reason white people keep insisting that the undercastes "work within the system" is because they know perfectly God drat well it will absolutely never loving work.

http://www.pewresearch.org/daily-number/asian-americans-lead-all-others-in-household-income/

quote:

A century ago, most Asian Americans were low-skilled, low-wage laborers crowded into ethnic enclaves and targets of official discrimination. Today, they are the highest-income, best-educated and fastest-growing racial group in the United States. And they are the most likely of any major racial or ethnic group in America to live in mixed neighborhoods and to marry across racial lines.

:lol: i guess LF is back

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Vengeful Turtle posted:

Yessir, no racism here.

I thought racism was over?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I think Mcculloch deserves much of the criticism he has received.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

im not sure racism ever existed in the first place tbh

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
What's racist about calling for the death of people based on skin color, d and d sincerely ponders.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

icantfindaname posted:

No, it's just been... reversed! :negative:

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

nutranurse posted:

I dunno what the point would be. A huge part of the reason I joined SA was because it is one of the better places to be a black person on the internet because, outside of a few subforums, you have to actively go looking for the racist post(ers) (i.e. going to any D&D thread on race, I/P, anything pertaining to the middle east). Which is loving saying something, because SA is still far from a progressive bastion for non-white, non-male people and opinions. It's just slightly less caustic and openly hostile when compared to reddit or something.

Agreed. Although I typically stick to more of the tamer forums, it's long been a pretty decent place to chill that doesn't have too much stuff that revolves around race. I only really started noticing poo poo since I started writing about race for some blogs, which was right about the time GBS changed to the new one.

Berk Berkly posted:

Well it would have to be ABOUT something other than, "Hey, we are black. Welp, thats something."

It would have to have a scope and at least a driving topic like, "African, Black, Negro ethnic issues in American/World" or something that determines that the prime perspective will be from and about that group from those individuals.

I was mostly just joking, offhand I imagined just sharing Black Twitter posts and making booty jokes

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

tsa posted:

What's racist about calling for the death of people based on skin color, d and d sincerely ponders.

well whit'es the abscense of color so...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tsa posted:

Hitler was white, really makes you think.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

foobardog posted:

I'm sure it was an echo chamber like the feminism threads were, where there were actually long discussions particularly over the sex wars.

There very much were long discussions but the feminism threads were very terrible and shouldn't be held as any ideal ever.

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Arn't Asian Americans still paid less than the average white guy?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
There is no minority more persecuted then heterosexual white christian males.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Himuro posted:

Is there a black people thread on SA for...black posters?

The last one I saw was made by goon Mindy Tyrone and was gassed quickly because there's a huge racist segment on SA that ctrl+f the word 'black' everyday

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

bassguitarhero posted:

Agreed. Although I typically stick to more of the tamer forums, it's long been a pretty decent place to chill that doesn't have too much stuff that revolves around race. I only really started noticing poo poo since I started writing about race for some blogs, which was right about the time GBS changed to the new one.

What's funny is that old GBS is what convinced me to join because I was like "Wow, a general chat forum that isn't hilariously racist?"

Then lowtax & co pulled a bait and switch.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

tsa posted:

Seriously what the gently caress is wrong with some of you. This is all in response to someone saying let's work together.

No those were in response to people acting like they were going to work together just as soon as you stop talking about it :qq:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I'd love to hear you account for this disparity :allears:.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

It's zip-tie time.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

tsa posted:

No no, racism is over. It doesn't happen anymore. Maybe you didn't get the memo

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Over the last few decades a great percentage of our Asian immigrants have been wealthy and well-educated.

bassguitarhero fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 26, 2014

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
At the cost of having to get additional years of education, more adults working within the household at the same time, and less job growth opportunities. Equality!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

We were going the dismantle institutional racism and announce full reparations this February, but you know what? You just blew it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Sharkie posted:

Not white does not equal black hth

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

oswald ownenstein posted:

If you're black you can kill white teenagers that 'remind you of the KKK era', you don't even need to be assaulted or threatened with bodily harm

that happened somewhere I assume?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Sir Tonk posted:

It's zip-tie time.

can I get some more context for this photo?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

unlimited shrimp posted:

We were going the dismantle institutional racism and announce full reparations this February, but you know what? You just blew it.

thanks a lot cultural maoist skeletons!

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

SedanChair posted:

No those were in response to people acting like they were going to work together just as soon as you stop talking about it :qq:

Reminder to everyone this poster called someone a KKK member because they posted this:

Foma posted:

That you see it as an us vs them issue is part of the problem

Sharkie posted:

I don't know, but it disproves the thing the poster I was responding to said.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jst0rm posted:

that happened somewhere I assume?

One of the Ron Paul newsletters, i believe.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Why would you want to be 'us' with a racist police force and a crooked DA?

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'd be curious as to the results of that if you ignored recent immigrants or looked at specifics Asian groups (say, Vietnamese vs. Chinese or Korean; I'm pretty sure there's a huge disparity there). A very large number of Asian-Americans immigrated in the past couple generations and represent the upper or upper-middle class from their home countries (otherwise they wouldn't have been able to afford coming here in the first place).

tsa posted:

It doesn't for the reason I mention above. You'd have to specifically only look at Asian-Americans who have been in the US since the 19th century* in order to make the comparison at all worthwhile, and even then they wouldn't have been brought over as slaves.

*Chances are if you looked at this group they would make more or less the same or somewhat less than white people

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 26, 2014

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

tsa posted:

Reminder to everyone this poster called someone a KKK member because they posted this:

oh no an personal attack now were gonna lose the debate finals

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

bassguitarhero posted:

Over the last few decades a great percentage of our Asian immigrants have been wealthy and well-educated.

As a complete side note, this is in part due to the way we evacuated Vietnam where we basically took all their rich. Same goes for Korea.

Edit: and the Philippines in the 60s during the doctor shortage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

And thats how Santa got shot up for violating a no-fly zone.

• Locked thread