Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That makes me happy. I'm not saying they need them very often on Arrow, but I didn't like the limitation that it introduced. Now if a character/villain is on Arrow, that doesn't mean it needs to be a depowered version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

That makes me happy. I'm not saying they need them very often on Arrow, but I didn't like the limitation that it introduced. Now if a character/villain is on Arrow, that doesn't mean it needs to be a depowered version.

Plus, having Oliver learn to compensate for the gap between him and his foes would make for its own interesting story arc. You could do a half season arc just based on that.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Hopefully this will lead to him carrying more trick arrows. I want to see criminals freaking out when they see one of their goons getting hit with an electrified arrow or even a freeze arrow.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Things I expect to see....

The entire thread hopping on the 'Hong Kong & The Origin of Katana & her sword's back-story' bandwagon because that back-story has the potential for 2 seasons of loving awesomeness.

Ray Palmer's exo-suit backfiring on him and making him small forever, damaging a potential realistic relationship w/ Felicity.

More Big Belly Burger.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dead Snoopy posted:

Ray Palmer's exo-suit backfiring on him and making him small forever, damaging a potential realistic relationship w/ Felicity.

I REALLY don't see them changing sizes in Arrow. I honestly don't think they'd have the budget for the CGI required.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
This is all going to seem so quaint by Arrow season 10 when Mxyzptlk and Darkseid are regular recurring villains, half the season takes place in space, and Batman and Superman stop by every couple of months to share high-fives over Big Belly Burgers.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

PowerBeard posted:

Hopefully this will lead to him carrying more trick arrows. I want to see criminals freaking out when they see one of their goons getting hit with an electrified arrow or even a freeze arrow.
Season finale preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPkvcTEqq4U

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If it gets Arrow out of the rut that it appears to beginning to fall into with its latest filler-ish episodes I'm all for it. Forcing the occasional more creative way to dispatch the bad guy other than hacking, regular arrows, and punching would be nice. Though I suppose my main problem with the last few episodes is the character driven stuff so even if it can't fix that it'll at least be a bit more fun!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Drifter posted:

I REALLY don't see them changing sizes in Arrow. I honestly don't think they'd have the budget for the CGI required.

I honestly do not think that this is going to be any more expensive than the holograms showing Ray's project suit. It is a matter of HOW they shoot the story.

Also, keep in mind that I'm not proposing extensive Atom related stories. He's a player in Oliver's story. This isn't going to be the tale of Journey Through The Macrobiotic System.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dead Snoopy posted:

I honestly do not think that this is going to be any more expensive than the holograms showing Ray's project suit. It is a matter of HOW they shoot the story.

Also, keep in mind that I'm not proposing extensive Atom related stories. He's a player in Oliver's story. This isn't going to be the tale of Journey Through The Macrobiotic System.
Fair enough. With regards to cost.

I like Ray more than Ollie at this point. :shrug:
I like Ollie more than I like the DJ, though.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
On the Season 2 finale. Wasn't sure if I was watching a live feed of Ferguson or Arrow.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
So, the last episode was terrible (every line Cupid had was god awful) and I'm really scared this show has gone off the deep end Nikita-style. Really hoping they can swing it back around later on. I mean season 2 didn't start anywhere near as strong as it became. Hopefully the crossover will be fun, at least?

Drifter posted:

Dude can turn so small so as not to be seen, right? Think of the budget it would save them! They wouldn't even need to get Routh on set.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

On the Season 2 finale. Wasn't sure if I was watching a live feed of Ferguson or Arrow.

:vince:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Drifter posted:

I like Ray more than Ollie at this point. :shrug:
I like Ollie more than I like the DJ, though.

Surprise mid-season break twist: DJ works for Ras, to keep an eye on Thea. He gets full medical and dental PLUS can keep the 3 weeks a night and half of Verdant's gate.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The joke is on douchebag DJ, Verdant doesn't even have a cover charge, they just jack up liquor prices.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Windows 98 posted:

:drat:

:golfclap:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

I'm not so sure. I'm not that fond of The Flash, but that might just be because a) I am not a comics reader, and b) The Flash suffers from "When all you have is a hammer" syndrome, which bores me.

The Arrow is an ordinary guy, so this could be more interesting.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 26, 2014

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Phylodox posted:

This is all going to seem so quaint by Arrow season 10 when Mxyzptlk and Darkseid are regular recurring villains, half the season takes place in space, and Batman and Superman stop by every couple of months to share high-fives over Big Belly Burgers.

Maybe it's because I have a high tolerance for camp but I would not mind that at all and actually think Mr. Mxyzptlk would be pretty awesome. Hell even have Joss Whedon on to guest write some episodes, just go all the way home.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_H0o5nf_pkA

New crossover trailer. Get hype motherfuckers

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
e: Beaten.

:neckbeard:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Bad Moon posted:

:circlefap:

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Bad Moon posted:

This plus the news that Arrow might have more weird stuff makes me really excited for the show.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98 posted:

It's not that hard to tell the difference. Ferguson cops seem a lot more likely to shoot at a guy in a hoodie than Starling cops.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

overtone posted:

This plus the news that Arrow might have more weird stuff makes me really excited for the show.

Once they open the floodgates they can start cherry picking all the wacky second string Batman villains. Ollie vs. Roxy Rocket. Ollie vs. The Ventriloquist. Ollie vs. Professor Pyg.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Bad Moon posted:

:gizz:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Once they open the floodgates they can start cherry picking all the wacky second string Batman villains. Ollie vs. Roxy Rocket. Ollie vs. The Ventriloquist. Ollie vs. Professor Pyg.

None of them have powers.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Arrow Vs Dracula.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The Arrow vs The Condiment King

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

dordreff posted:

Arrow Vs Dracula.

They've already started crossovers with Flash, now they just need to do one with one of those other CW shows because I'm sure at least one of them has vampires

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

3 of them.

And 2 with zombies. 3 if Grundy ever comes back.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Flash vs Egghead

Eddain
May 6, 2007

dordreff posted:

Arrow Vs Dracula.

Would Dracula even fare well against a rich dude with access to pretty much anything he needs and can shoot wooden stakes with pinpoint accuracy?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Either I suck at browsing the interwebs, or The CW has done a really good job of going after spoilers. Even with the crossover already being aired at a special event, virtually no details from that screening have popped up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Eddain posted:

Would Dracula even fare well against a rich dude with access to pretty much anything he needs and can shoot wooden stakes with pinpoint accuracy?

If Dracula was involved would that set us up for a Buffyverse crossover?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Either I suck at browsing the interwebs, or The CW has done a really good job of going after spoilers. Even with the crossover already being aired at a special event, virtually no details from that screening have popped up.

I once attended an advance screening of the first Kick-rear end film. If you didn't give them a phone as you walked in they didn't allow you access. And it was a surprise screening so nobody could have thought to bring a spare phone and record footage. Some places are hardcore about that poo poo.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Crossposting from Flash thread:

Scyantific posted:

Greg Berlanti says Super Girl could be in the Arrowverse

Only slightly surprising since CBS is co-owner of the CW alongside WB. The complete trio a possibility?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Bad Moon posted:

Haha, that rules. Those episodes are going to rule.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Narcissus1916 posted:

They already released an absurdly detailed official synopsis. Doesn't give away the whole thing, granted.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Crossposting from Flash thread:

Greg Berlanti can gently caress right off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Colton Haynes was on the Talk. For the first time ever I want to watch that show.

• Locked thread