Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Indolent Bastard posted:

They did round three it was their awful mech line. But a part four is all but inevitable. I know a goon still has round one mini sets for sale, and if you only want few, say 20-30 minis I might even have some I could sell you at a decent price. PM or monkeypuncher00 at gmail for details.

Same here, if anyone has any interest in the Sci-Fi Bones from the first kickstarter, I'd be willing to send them off for cheap. If anyone just wanted a tester model or such, I'd be willing to send some that I don't have use for for the cost of shipping (which would be about 5 bucks if you don't live in Sweden).

Seriously. I have a drawer full of Bones I, and Bones II should arrive within a few months at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

VoodooXT posted:

God giveth (with Democracy: Majority Rules), and God taketh away.

:smithicide:

Prodos Games posted:

Hello everyone. Sorry to cause panic. We (Prodos Games) have made a clerical error when cleaning up our Kickstarter maintenance page. If you go to up you will see that there are two un-started projects. We were hoping to get them deleted (just to tidy up our work space), but didn't convey our request clearly. As such the AvP website has been temporarily closed in error. We are working to get it back up. Hopefully it will return in all its glory within 24 hours. Sorry to panic everyone. (Just goes to show a tidy workspace isn't always the best thing)!

:shrug:

dr_ether
May 31, 2013

Had a look back to see if anything was posted. Guess not.

Anyway, Scale Games have Fallen Frontiers up, with 9 days left.

Since funding, they have altered pledge levels, meaning you can now have a choice of boxed game contents.

The Alpha rules are up, and worth looking at, as they are also doing some different, and not just another 40k.

Plus a review of the resin figures is up, and they do look great quality.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/298260359/fallen-frontiers-reboot

dr_ether fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 26, 2014

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

dr_ether posted:

Had a look back to see if anything was posted. Guess not.

Anyway, Scale Games have Fallen Frontiers up, with 9 days left.

Since funding, they have altered pledge levels, meaning you can now have a choice of boxed game contents.

The Alpha rules are up, and worth looking at, as they are also doing some different, and not just another 40k.

Plus a review of the resin figures is up, and they do look great quality.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/298260359/fallen-frontiers-reboot

I think the problem with this one is they offer too much. I keep thinking about pledging, but then I can't figure out any levels I'm happy at. Add-ons are too expensive to dollop here and there and just jumping at commander seems a bit psycho. I'd be happier if they had started off with just what came in the box, plus the equivalent 2 extra forces. Then add a stretch here and there. Or if they had the level box + 2 battle starters turned into box + everything for those two factions. That might be workable. But what I'd really have liked would have been for them to start smaller and add the extras as stretch goals.

I've been going back and forth on this one a lot since the last time it was posted, you see.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
The two year nightmare is officially over.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Just got this in my inbox

James Wallis posted:

Hey backers. We're still waiting on the last of the stretch-goal writers and artists to deliver their pieces for Alas Vegas. My small and trusted group of readers and playtesters are reporting back and I'm making changes to the manuscript based on their comments. We are rolling towards completion.
But it's almost Thanksgiving, whatever that is, and I thought it'd be nice to give you long-suffering backers something to show my gratitude for your patience. So here's a thing. There are a number of RPG Kickstarters that have taken far, far too long to deliver on their promises, and I'm pleased to say that another member of the overdue crew is about to finally reach the end of its journey. It's called Far West and it's a well-matured blend of steampunk, spaghetti westerns and wuxia martial-arts movies. And I hope you think that sounds head-kickingly cool, because your premature Christmas present is a free PDF of the Far West rulebook.
For real. Gareth-Michael Skarka, who's behind Far West, and I go back a way, and we put our heads together and cooked up a deal. Everyone who backed Alas Vegas at the PDF level or higher is going to get Far West for free, and all the Far West backers are getting Alas Vegas for free, as soon as they're ready to go. Compliments of the season and the management of both establishments, and thank you for bearing with us during some difficult times.
If you backed both games then we are both supremely grateful to you, and you should drop me a line directly and something bonus will be sorted out.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I was about to post that myself. Man, that's hilarious. And seeing as neither project is actually done yet, I think it's a little premature to be calling it a "gift". There needs to be something to give first.

But hey, if they both do actually finalize, I'm not gonna complain about getting an extra PDF out of the deal.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I was seriously :wtf: when I saw it.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I did not agree to receiving GMS games...

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

James Wallis posted:

It's called Far West and it's a well-matured

So that's why it's taken so long for Far West to come out! It had to age, like a fine wine.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Came here to post that.

I'd rather have a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, thanks James Wallis.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fantasyminiatures/black-sailors-pirates-orcs-fantasy-miniatures?ref=category

This owns

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So either those two games each cost half as much as anticipated to make, or...

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

So either those two games each cost half as much as anticipated to make, or...

Or the marginal cost to both designers is close to 0 for sending out extra PDFs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Derp, yeah that makes complete sense.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Just got this in my inbox

Oh, good, the bonus for the three-year-late game I don't want anymore is a year-and-a-half-late game I didn't want in the first place.

God, I just want Far West to be over and loving done with so I don't have to deal with GMS anymore. The only reason I haven't asked for a refund is because I know if I do it'll kick off another drama-filled snit because Skarka can't handle anything negative unless he's dishing it out.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is the game seriously called Far West as a riff on the Far East, as in where where Chinese people come from? Like the whole gimmick is Chinese cowboys?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

moths posted:

Is the game seriously called Far West as a riff on the Far East, as in where where Chinese people come from? Like the whole gimmick is Chinese cowboys?

Yup. That is the entirety of the premise.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
To be fair, Wuxia Western could be pretty cool. There's a reason people backed. It's just that people didn't realize what crap they'd have to wade through to get to the book. Which isn't looking to shape up terribly well, sadly.

Then again, I'm a sucker for genre mash-ups. Been working on a Western High Fantasy for a while, myself.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea awkward name aside if you told me 'hey we're gonna play a wild west game, but it'll be done in the storytelling style of wuxia poo poo instead' I'd be super into that.

Shame the project...did things bad.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
There are no Native Americans in Far West because Skarka thought they would be too hard to write without offending people.

He's totally fine with Asian people clichés, though.

e: jfc

Not pictured: whatever Dalek the midsection on that dude was lifted from.

ee:

"Brad Pitt Jesse James" gis

Rulebook Heavily fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 27, 2014

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Now someone locate the beard.

This is loving insane.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Just to put a cap on this, GMS said that people were saying that the cross-post of his private update to RPGNet was a way for him to circumvent his ban. When I pointed out that not a single person said that (and Darren confirmed in the thread), he claims it was said to him in emails.

I really, really wish he'd stop blaming RPGNet for all his loving problems.

I hope he continues it until he finally falls over the dark precipice and becomes who he was meant to be, Desborough's partner and co-author of Gor.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rulebook Heavily posted:

There are no Native Americans in Far West because Skarka thought they would be too hard to write without offending people.

He's totally fine with Asian people clichés, though.

e: jfc

Not pictured: whatever Dalek the midsection on that dude was lifted from.

ee:

"Brad Pitt Jesse James" gis

This is my favorite type of trainwreck

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
That's just literally wild wild west

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

homerlaw posted:

Whew, I thought I was the only one who thought that.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

homerlaw posted:

...Go on :retrogames:

A friend is currently doing a card-based post-apoc game called Bright Future. The game is complete in digital form currently so the funding is just for a print run, and they'll be putting the rulebook online in a couple days with a more in-depth gameplay video. I tried getting them to post directly but they appear to have forgotten their old SA account :saddowns:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vermingames/bright-future

My favorite part is probably that they went into old communist bunkers and such in Bulgaria for photoreferencing. Hella neat.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Now someone locate the beard.

This is loving insane.

Don't forget the dragon face thing that's hanging there instead of the gun.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

lizzyinthesky posted:

A friend is currently doing a card-based post-apoc game called Bright Future. The game is complete in digital form currently so the funding is just for a print run, and they'll be putting the rulebook online in a couple days with a more in-depth gameplay video. I tried getting them to post directly but they appear to have forgotten their old SA account :saddowns:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vermingames/bright-future

My favorite part is probably that they went into old communist bunkers and such in Bulgaria for photoreferencing. Hella neat.

This looks pretty neat but the description of the gameplay is...nonexistent. Like absolutely no hint of mechanics or anything. They really should have put the rulebook and gameplay videos up FIRST before opening their Kickstarter.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Smash something together, apply photoshoip filters, pen on some comic style shading lines, ORIGINAL ART.

Man, if you're gonna do this poo poo, at least use obscure images or maybe reference photos you took yourself! You can tell how crap this artist is because the hanger for the lantern is just a couple simple lines and a gradient. Here let me fix that for you:

Photoshop that in! :v:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 28, 2014

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
So is everything in that world actually made from Lego or what. I guess that's at least a new direction for Steampunk stuff.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Bubble-T posted:

So is everything in that world actually made from Lego or what. I guess that's at least a new direction for Steampunk stuff.

Excuse me its called LEGOpunk and if you were a true AFOL (Adult Fan of LEGO) you'd know that already

:goonsay:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

As demonstrated earlier in the thread, it is also composed of genuine, original, hand-traced movie stills.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Plague of Hats posted:

As demonstrated earlier in the thread, it is also composed of genuine, original, hand-traced movie stills.

Well yeah. Those buttons and menus won't click themselves, you know. That's an awful lot of mousing around that has to be done by hand to make those traces happen. :colbert:

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

The Hershey work (the artist who did the steampunk-man-spider) at least involves recognizable artistic talent. At least several steps above what GMS is now trying to do himself.

It's obviously very blatant trace-work (you can see a lot of areas where the artist is a lot less steady when not working from a trace like the loopy thing holding the paper lantern), but at least you can tell the artist actually put down the linework himself rather than simply running a photo through a few filters.

The merging of multiple photos is also done a lot better than the current art. The artist is clearly relying waay too much on photos, especially since he's using a celebrity as his base. But at least he seems to know a bit about how to work from photos.

I've also got to say I actually love the coloring on that piece, although I'd bet there's a bunch of pre-filtered textures involved, maybe something like a borderlands-style toolset.

But still, incredible when compared to the stuff GMS is trying to do himself, which seems to be desperately aping the photo-based style of his original artist without any skill at it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I just love how the dude's upper body is stuck in there like a potted plant. Like, okay, assuming he's supposed to be someone who's lost both his legs and now needs a totally-not-Lego steampunk walker to get around, he should still have some more lower body to him than that unless Far West is a magical realm where you can amputate someone at the hips and they'll be fine.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

What do you think the dalek part is for. It's obviously some sort of steam-powered bowel.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Dagon is a doof and forgot to repost the turkey day update for 100 Dungeons and the backer-only addon (unofficially titled NG+ by the office, i.e. me). Cross your fingers for a christmas release!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

8one6 posted:

What do you think the dalek part is for. It's obviously some sort of steam-powered bowel.

Obviously that's what that smokestack in the back is hooked up to, my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Kai Tave posted:

I just love how the dude's upper body is stuck in there like a potted plant. Like, okay, assuming he's supposed to be someone who's lost both his legs and now needs a totally-not-Lego steampunk walker to get around, he should still have some more lower body to him than that unless Far West is a magical realm where you can amputate someone at the hips and they'll be fine.

To be fair, it's pretty obviously based on Loveless from Wild Wild West.

• Locked thread