Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
ironman owns, these games stop being fun when you're #1 anyways so a few setbacks helps keep it interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah I like ironman but being locked out of the 30yw content I played Prussia for sucks

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Yall see this?
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?818076-Crusader-Kings-II-Way-of-Life-announced-Patch-2.3-BETA-will-be-open-to-anyone

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I did not.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mite b cool.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Better than Shitlemagne anyway.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My negative steam review of charlemagne has like 30 downvotes.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't like charlemange because despite adding some cool stuff now the game has even more hundreds of years to put on x5 and sit through with almost nothing of note happening until someone holy wars you and takes all your land and you lose, unless you play a big nation and what the gently caress is the point of starting out big?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually never mind I love Charlemange because making yourself a European tribal Muslim via ruler designer makes you able to hold those random churches without penalty (although its still red. i get tax like it should, though), so now I'm like 8x as rich as my neighbors. I picked Khjarite like a retard though and that's the one muslim religion/heresy where you can't just become the Caliph as long as you are a Sayyid and real pious. I might console to Ibadi or something.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
I love ck2 but I always end up save cheesing and although I get most of the dynasty management (though I'm not the best at picking wives/husbands it seems) I'm still a super scrub when it comes to economic and construction stuff.

I decided to play ironman and not let myself cheat my way out of a bad spot. what country should I play? Most recently I restrained myself long enough to unite Ireland and that was pretty fun, but very easy since I don't think I ever had anyone ally with the petty counts against me, and England and Scotland were too self-absorbed to care about me. I even fielded a mid size army in the first crusade and had a close relative become king of Jerusalem somehow. In the past I've also played Apulia long enough to unite most of southern Italy until the muslim blob took note and pushed my poo poo in.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
Play as Karen or w/e the zoroastrian one, unite Persia.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

MindSet posted:

I get most of the dynasty management (though I'm not the best at picking wives/husbands it seems

Breeding programs to foster genius, strength and other purely genetic attributes works. breed your dynasty into a race of malevolent demigods

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

so just marry geniuses and buff ladies?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
yes precisely

the prestige and diplomatic difficulties from marrying out o the way princelings and lowborns with the requisite traits are far outweighed by the raw power of super-monarchs
e: my sri lankan royal family has the weird veiny melon heads of the mutants from Beneath the Planet of the Apes

1994 Toyota Celica fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 26, 2014

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

OK, I'll give karen a shot, why not. Any other good starts? I've got all the expansions

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
Yeah Hastein of Nantes in the old gods start is really drat fun, you start w/ a single county surrounded by Christians, and three thousand angry vikings with boats for em.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You also start with enough prestige to prepare an invasion from turn one, it means you can basically take any kingdom you can establish contact with.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

I got pretty far playing Karen but man does the lack of coreligious guys suck. Also I captured a bunch of tribal land and boy is it useless or what

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MindSet posted:

I got pretty far playing Karen but man does the lack of coreligious guys suck. Also I captured a bunch of tribal land and boy is it useless or what

i feel like unless you are playing a tribal yourself, it really doesn't add much to the game besides making your previously weakest neighbors way stronger if they have a bunch of prestige floating around and making their territory worthless until you pump almost as much gold as a new holding takes into it.

also how the gently caress do you capitol switch? i released a county in my Irish Ibadi game as his own thing because the church sucked anyway and the AI somehow switched the capitol holding to the temple and made himself feudal immediately. i want to do that :mrgw:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You have to click on a province and there should be a little crown that says make capital, I dont think you can do it to a title thats the wrong type though, and that includes barony to tribe and vice versa.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Ofaloaf posted:

I went to adjust the resolution manually, and misstyped one of the gui's dimensions :saddowns:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Have some more lovely achievments from the mind of gaming's most insane friend of the family:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?819818-Patch-1.9-New-Achievements

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Wallachia (because of course it will be Wallachia) one is cool.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Have some more lovely achievments from the mind of gaming's most insane friend of the family:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?819818-Patch-1.9-New-Achievements

almost all of those are loving insane

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*Looks up at cobwebs in the corner* Some nig...

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think they're cool

wanna do Switzerlake

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

so uh if I had to choose CK2 or EU4 to play and I've never map gamed before, which map game is better as a game

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

GreyPowerVan posted:

so uh if I had to choose CK2 or EU4 to play and I've never map gamed before, which map game is better as a game

EU4 holds together better as a game, CK2 has the whole RPG-lite aspect going for it. I love CK2 but EU4 is probably better divorced of all theme

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

EU4 holds together better as a game, CK2 has the whole RPG-lite aspect going for it. I love CK2 but EU4 is probably better divorced of all theme

Okay, thanks. I'll probably play both eventually but I'll start with EU4.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

GreyPowerVan posted:

I learned them with CK1.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I learned them with CK1.

I'm sorry.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I learned CK1, then Victoria 1, then EU3, and I haven't really been able to pay enough attention to learn HOI.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I learned CK1, then Victoria 1, then EU3, and I haven't really been able to pay enough attention to learn HOI.

HOI4 looks sick. Jump in.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

abuse culture. posted:

HOI4 looks sick. Jump in.

It might be the one I learn.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I played the HoI 3 tutorial with Hitler and even that couldnt have me begin to understand the game.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Buschmaki posted:

I played the HoI 3 tutorial with Hitler and even that couldnt have me begin to understand the game.

A true mapgamer would remember that Paradox is only now coming to grips with the idea of a "tutorial".

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Malaya is fun if you've never done it. I wanted to try Cyprus / Knights -> KoJ game but i dont really know how you even start that sucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Ethiopia one might be fun now that they're Muslim tech instead of tribal mudmen