Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

Thanks then, the swimming pool/boat dock is saved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012
It sure has been a while, I guess I'll check out what's new in the Starbound thread! (1 year ago) :neckbeard:
It sure has been a while, I guess I'll check out what's new in the Starbound thread! (8 months ago) :ohdear:
It sure has been a while, I guess I'll check out what's new in the Starbound thread! (4 months ago) :saddowns:
It sure has been a while, I guess I'll check out what's new in the Starbound thread! (1 month ago) :magical:

Am I crazy for checking here instead of the official forums?
Is...is it dying or something?

I thought there was nightlies or something happening?

Are people just upset progress is slow? I'm scared to ask these things because "is starbound finished?" is asked each time I check in with sarcasm as answers but I just want to know if starbound is progressing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bel Monte posted:

It sure has been a while, I guess I'll check out what's new in the Starbound thread! (1 year ago) :neckbeard:
It sure has been a while, I guess I'll check out what's new in the Starbound thread! (8 months ago) :ohdear:
It sure has been a while, I guess I'll check out what's new in the Starbound thread! (4 months ago) :saddowns:
It sure has been a while, I guess I'll check out what's new in the Starbound thread! (1 month ago) :magical:

Are people just upset progress is slow? I'm scared to ask these things because "is starbound finished?" is asked each time I check in with sarcasm as answers but I just want to know if starbound is progressing.

If you want updates the website posts them every other day or so. You can also subscribe to the nightlies if you want to have a look at buggy broken versions of indev content.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Bel Monte posted:

The game hasn't even been out for a year.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
You probably will get a sarcastic answer everytime until a new normal build update rolls in.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
For a real answer: the site updates almost daily with progress/plans and that sort of thing. Nightlies are a thing but you have to opt into them and most people don't bother because it's all seat of your pants stuff that breaks easily and isn't balanced out yet. So the official site is your best bet for news, and the updates are there if you want them, but most folks, myself included, are just waiting for the next stable, whenever that'll be.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Also, I'm pretty sure you can just back up your directory / stop updating if you find a Nightly with all of the neat features you want. I think. If nothing else, you can switch between nightly and stable with some light directory swapping.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Bel Monte posted:

I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your internet browser, but even easier to endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
One of the programmers records himself doing new updates and working on code, it's fairly informative to see him hard at work and going over recent nightlies changes: http://www.twitch.tv/omnipotententity

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I was excited about the game and made my purchase soon after! I still look forward to a more complete game in the future and I stand by that.

Thanks everyone, I did not know about all those resources. Sorry if I came off a bit "this thread", but seriously, this thread.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
:siren::420::siren: Happy 420 pages everyone! :siren::420::siren:

I'd say I'd go smoke a bowl and play Starbound but I'm still waiting on a stable patch.

How many years has it taken this thread to get to 420? Two, maybe 3?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

pretty close
Release Date: 4 Dec, 2013
so next week it'll be a year

Bel Monte posted:

I still look forward to a more complete game in the future and I stand by that.
Here's some 2month old notes for the patch they said was coming out soon.
http://pastebin.com/jnZfRNL4

Kly fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 27, 2014

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

This game will be fully justified if someone creates a Diggers 2: Extractors total conversion mod for it.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
This game isn't out yet? What's taking so long?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
so i s thigs game out eyt?

has anyone peen bosating updates.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Closed beta, exclusive beta, open beta, road beta, load beta, nighty night.

I don't CARE, so long as a long standing contributor of 30 dollars to your GODAMN gamne like me, is met with outstanding satisfaction.

That is why games are better than films. Because I have a stake in it.

I am a loving pixel tier dude. I got the soundtrack (which is pretty good) and poo poo, i deserve better treatment than the loving plebs who just got suckered into buying this dead game.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 27, 2014

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't press [1] button any harder on this thread.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Jack Trades posted:

I can't press [1] button any harder on this thread.

And deny people god's gift to gaming?

You monster.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

mutata posted:

I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your internet browser, but even easier to endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

same.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Oh hey, bookmarks says the last post in the thread was by Supernorn. Maybe something useful has been-"

:eng99: Pack it in, guys. You can't outdo the company staff for trolling a thread about their own game.

EDIT: Though I suppose you'll keep trying, futile though it may be :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 27, 2014

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

Vib Rib posted:

For a real answer: the site updates almost daily with progress/plans and that sort of thing. Nightlies are a thing but you have to opt into them and most people don't bother because it's all seat of your pants stuff that breaks easily and isn't balanced out yet. So the official site is your best bet for news, and the updates are there if you want them, but most folks, myself included, are just waiting for the next stable, whenever that'll be.

Does the site get updated daily? Maybe I'm retarded (I do keep checking this thread :downs:) but I couldn't find any recent updates except that paper plane/beach ball one.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Koobze posted:

Does the site get updated daily? Maybe I'm retarded (I do keep checking this thread :downs:) but I couldn't find any recent updates except that paper plane/beach ball one.

Are you clicking on a direct link to that specific news post or something? Just go to:

:siren: http://playstarbound.com/ :siren:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Thanks for the entertainment guys but I've got a date tonight and torn ACL or not I'm not going to miss it. I value women primarily for their physical attributes and the one I'm going out with tonight is extremely valuable by that measure. She'll probably have to do most of the work and receive only 77% of the payoff, but that's the world we live in and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm talking about sex btw, which I have and you don't, but feel free to picture my shirtless body running up and down the beach while you jack yourselves to sleep with tears tonight.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
What does sex stand for?

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Rrussom posted:

Thanks for the entertainment guys but I've got a date tonight and torn ACL or not I'm not going to miss it. I value women primarily for their physical attributes and the one I'm going out with tonight is extremely valuable by that measure. She'll probably have to do most of the work and receive only 77% of the payoff, but that's the world we live in and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm talking about sex btw, which I have and you don't, but feel free to picture my shirtless body running up and down the beach while you jack yourselves to sleep with tears tonight.

But at what stage does the woman turn into a toilet?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

When she's joined the Starbound development team.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does that come before or after the rape fanfic?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

OwlFancier posted:

:yikes:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

What does sex stand for?

its a Metaphor.

Supernorn posted:

But at what stage does the woman turn into a toilet?

During. :smuggo:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Supernorn posted:

Are you clicking on a direct link to that specific news post or something? Just go to:

:siren: http://playstarbound.com/ :siren:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Thread fell over and sank into the dung-colored swamps of Creature Generation, Caveman Tier and Too Much Dirt

Jackard fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 27, 2014

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

The beta came out in 2013 didn't it?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lallander posted:

The beta came out in 2013 didn't it?

They changed it to beta release but it still said release date up until about a month ago.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Lotta people getting mad about video games in here.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Evil Fluffy posted:

Lotta people getting mad about video games in here.

Wait there's a video game here???

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your inte

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Hi I know nothing about starbound except that I would like to try it when they finish it. Taken out of context this post makes the game look like a creepier second life. Good luck with this game!

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Liquid Penguins posted:

Hi I know nothing about starbound except that I would like to try it when they finish it. Taken out of context this post makes the game look like a creepier second life. Good luck with this game!

starbound isnt a g

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Liquid Penguins posted:

To their credit on second life comparisons, waaaay back the Starbound staff took DOWN a creepy impregnation mod somebody put up.

Doesn't change the fact somebody made one, and there were players upset at it's removal from the official site. But still :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving, Starbound thread.

• Locked thread