Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does picking up the Left Hand turn chests that have already spawned in the level into reds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Help me, I can't even do Suicide King.

I'm trying to shoot the opposite direction and using my momentum to cheese it but.... ugh.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I'm trying to shoot the opposite direction and using my momentum to cheese it but.... ugh.

If the Ipecac shot comes into contact with an enemy, regardless of where it is vertically, it will hit and explode. So all you need to hit is good aim and to be close enough.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Inzombiac posted:

Opposite Direction is for Tiny Planet challenge, it gives you better hitzones. The trick for Suicide King is to run at the enemy as you fire at them to get momentum to hope the ipecac shot will actually hit an enemy before it boomerangs back.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Just beat The Lamb on Hard with The Lost using the Continue method. Even with the ability to start all over at the beginning of the stage if you die, it still feels like a very big challenge.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

One way around a lot of challenges is the dice room. You can reroll yourself out of your preset loadout and it will still count as beating the challenge if you win. From what I understand this does not work for challenges that blindfold you though, since the blindfold stays on even after you roll the dice.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

Does Mom's Knife do static damage or is it based on your tear damage stat?

It's scaled off your damage stat.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Krinkle posted:

I uhh. Went to the chest anyway. And I don't understand what happened. And I won but I didn't unlock anything? Not a trophy? Not literally anything?

What character were you playing as? The unlock for beating the chest with Judas is the Left Hand, which you also get when you beat ultra pride.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Read posted:

It's scaled off your damage stat.

It's just really, really hard to see because you go from "WTF" damage to "WTF+1".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mom's Knife + Book of Belial (or Whore of Babylon) will kill basically anything in the game instantly. I am equally glad and disappointed that this has not changed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fuckin aye.
Guppy's Paw saves every Eve run for me. Permanent Demon is just awesome.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Ariong posted:

What character were you playing as? The unlock for beating the chest with Judas is the Left Hand, which you also get when you beat ultra pride.

It was cain. And I guess I didn't beat the chest as I beat don't know why everyone spoilers this part but okay here goes: Mega Satan

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Krinkle posted:

It was cain. And I guess I didn't beat the chest as I beat don't know why everyone spoilers this part but okay here goes: Mega Satan

Yeah he doesn't get you anything. If you're in a good enough position to beat him, you may as well go and defeat ???/the Lamb first and then go back and do it.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Ah! That explains it, yes. The big guy has no unlocks at this time, just the ending. The unlocks in the Chest come from beating ???.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Really? i've reset a couple of runs from insufficient range and that room.

I don't know how reliably the built-in thing works, mind you, but it definitely can happen.

Saving and continuing definitely works, though. Puts you right back in the first room of the level, no problems. (Except I think if you're in a Curse Room or an I Am Error room, or possibly the Mom boss room after you've killed her?)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Iny posted:

Ah! That explains it, yes. The big guy has no unlocks at this time, just the ending. The unlocks in the Chest come from beating ???.

You don't even get a win for killing him, just ending 16. Which you do need, to be fair. And it is a fun boss fight, I just wish it was always open once you unlock it. Or at least once you've killed him.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Vic Boss posted:

Is there any news about a patch coming out for the PS4 version? Not getting trophies is annoying, but even more annoying are secrets that aren't showing up (like Dead Boy). I really want my save file to have a buff-as-poo poo Isaac.

Ha.

I used to halfway jokingly post about 1.02 not coming out on PSN, expecting it soon. (1.01 came out a day after Steam got it.) It's been weeks now, and I can't even start the game on PS4 or Vita without workarounds. I used to check daily for patches, but nada.

Really disappointed now.

Most frustrating is a total lack of communication regarding PSN issues.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
http://www.twitch.tv/northernlion/b/593167629

Northernlion talking to the Rebirth team about Rebirth's release and potential expansion ideas. Some interesting stuff, including more of them being coy about a 3DS release.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

haveblue posted:

Does picking up the Left Hand turn chests that have already spawned in the level into reds?

YEs.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just ran into he weirdest Sheol room yet. It's just a horizontal double room with the Fallen stuck on a 2 tile wide platform in the middle, unable to leave. Guess the wings are just for show. I took a screenshot but for some reason it came out all black.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

BJPaskoff posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/northernlion/b/593167629

Northernlion talking to the Rebirth team about Rebirth's release and potential expansion ideas. Some interesting stuff, including more of them being coy about a 3DS release.

I'm liking this feed actually, and NorthernLion's spitballing of item ideas.

The one item I had dreamed up was the 'Phylactery', or for the more pop culture inclined 'Horcrux'- which I imagined as being the opposite of Punching Bag. Enemies would continue to focus on Isaac, but only the 'Punching Bag' could take damage.

Then I found out about Isaac's Heart and realized it's pretty much that. I'm not sure whether to be happy I dreamed up a good idea, or sad that it was already implemented.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Poizen Jam posted:

I'm liking this feed actually, and NorthernLion's spitballing of item ideas.

The one item I had dreamed up was the 'Phylactery', or for the more pop culture inclined 'Horcrux'- which I imagined as being the opposite of Punching Bag. Enemies would continue to focus on Isaac, but only the 'Punching Bag' could take damage.

Then I found out about Isaac's Heart and realized it's pretty much that. I'm not sure whether to be happy I dreamed up a good idea, or sad that it was already implemented.

Except Isaac's Heart is an annoying piece of poo poo, since it's a standard follower like the various shooty babies.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Ugh, I had a guaranteed win for one of the challenges, with 12 faith hearts, Brimstone and well enough damage upgrades to take down the Heart.

Then in my infinite wisdom I decided to gamble on a D6 room with 1, and I got Ipecac, My Reflection, Chocolate Milk and Little Planet. Suddenly the only thing I can hit is me.

:negative:

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

dis astranagant posted:

Except Isaac's Heart is an annoying piece of poo poo, since it's a standard follower like the various shooty babies.

Oh. Well I imagined something that would wander away from enemies, or even just wandered aimlessly like the Punching Bag. It would make the item vulnerable, but a skilled player could become virtually indestructible with area control and baiting enemies away from the wandering familiar. Kind of like your own version of the mini-infamy masks+hearts.

Also they mention in the stream having mini 'sin' familiars. Am I wrong for thinking they're missing an obvious opportunity to represent the 7 Heavenly Virtues as familiars or beneficial items?

Attestant posted:

Then in my infinite wisdom I decided to gamble on a D6 room with 1, and I got Ipecac, My Reflection, Chocolate Milk and Little Planet. Suddenly the only thing I can hit is me.

:negative:

So how the hell do these two interact?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

All I've got left is to get Godhead to drop after unlocking it today on a sick Lost run with Quad Shot + Mom's Knife (or that should be the case, I'm starting to get really nervous about platinum god not unlocking when it should have),

When people have had to get Angel Room items to drop have they gone with Isaac for the chance at a double reroll (Angel Room item, key piece) or Judas for the guaranteed devil/angel room on every room after Basement 1 with Book of Belial? I've been doing the latter and I'm starting to think the former's the way to go, in two runs through Womb 1 and resetting I've gotten 3 angel rooms and only two of them have had items.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Just watched LethalFrag get Kamikaze + Pyromaniac. It took him a long time cheesing the re-rolls as much as he could, but he got it and he just walked through the cathedral before walking up to Isaac and sat there, exploding. It was GLORIOUS.

Also, holy hell, Loki Double Trouble boss room in Utero I. :stare: Two Lokis, spikes everywhere and four different red spike blocks circling the room, including a pair circling a hole in the center that ended up covering both the item pickup AND the door down. I was so glad I could just sit off the edge over a pit with flying and laser vision.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Edit: Wrong Post

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alkydere posted:

Just watched LethalFrag get Kamikaze + Pyromaniac. It took him a long time cheesing the re-rolls as much as he could, but he got it and he just walked through the cathedral before walking up to Isaac and sat there, exploding. It was GLORIOUS.

Also, holy hell, Loki Double Trouble boss room in Utero I. :stare: Two Lokis, spikes everywhere and four different red spike blocks circling the room, including a pair circling a hole in the center that ended up covering both the item pickup AND the door down. I was so glad I could just sit off the edge over a pit with flying and laser vision.

I've had two Loki and two Lokii in the same room before. Still better than the rooms with a bunch of Adversaries though.

Not sure how you're supposed to dodge Adversary lasers when there are more than one off screen in the dark.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 27, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've had two Loki and two Lokii in the same room before. Still better than the rooms with a bunch of Adversaries though.

Not sure how you're supposed to dodge Adversary lasers when there are more than one off screen in the dark.

Oh god, multi-adversaries? I'm so glad that Adversary/Dark One are not in the Boss Rush.

Speaking of which, I just did my second Rush today, and just unlocked the Mascara. For some reason today is "gotta go fast!" day for me which is weird because I have the oddest, most defensive Eve setup. Wafer on floor 1, Fire mind on floor 2 mixed with a Pyromania and then Brimstone on floor 3, Mantle on Mom's floor. Oh and all the health. Until just now when I got the Satanic Bible going into the Boss Rush I had no S/E Heart generation so I couldn't really take the risk (or time) to cut my health down. Which meant I just reached the boss rush with just about the weakest Brimstone I could possibly get, only made somewhat manageable/dangerous due to getting Krampus's coal.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Alkydere posted:

3404 N3PW gave me a setup where in The Chest I have Ipecac + Sad Onion + Pyromaniac + Cricket's Head + Wafer + Isaac's Tears, I have four heart containers and I'm immortal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alkydere posted:

Oh god, multi-adversaries? I'm so glad that Adversary/Dark One are not in the Boss Rush.

You can get two of each in the same room in the Dark Room, as I recall.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

You can get two of each in the same room in the Dark Room, as I recall.

Yes you can.

You can also get two Mega Wrath's in the Dark Room/Chest which is just adorable when you have Pyromania.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Anyone else a little disappointed that the boss in the locked doors in the chest and dark chest is the same? This game is amazing otherwise, I've played way too much while I probably should have been working

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, I wish there was more variety in boss arenas. Murdering Lokis and Chubs over and over again gets boring.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Alkydere posted:

Yes you can.

You can also get two Mega Wrath's in the Dark Room/Chest which is just adorable when you have Pyromania.

I'm sorry, I was wrong.

THREE Mega Wraths + Pyromania is the most adorable thing, slightly edging out Satan's final stage with all the stomping and bomb-leech things that literally cannot hurt you.

It's like adorable, evil kitten kisses. :3:

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
They really need to do something with the automatic pickup of the polaroid/negative at the end of the mom fight. In a fight where your best option is to stay in the middle of the room and to have an item spawn immediately after killing Mom is pretty obnoxious. I don't know how many runs I've ruined where I'm wanting to go to the Lamb but I automatically pick up the polaroid.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

SuicideSnowman posted:

They really need to do something with the automatic pickup of the polaroid/negative at the end of the mom fight. In a fight where your best option is to stay in the middle of the room and to have an item spawn immediately after killing Mom is pretty obnoxious. I don't know how many runs I've ruined where I'm wanting to go to the Lamb but I automatically pick up the polaroid.

I've literally never had this happen, but I've heard several people complain about it. I can imagine how frustrating it would be if you have planned to go to either the chest or the dark room and then get hosed out of it. They really should make it so that the polaroid/negative can not be picked up the first two seconds after they've spawned or something.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
I don't see how you cannot have it happen. The best place to stand in that fight is right where the polaroid spawns. If you're doing a Lost run or a run where you have very little health that's the safest place. And your solution is the simplest. The game already doesn't let you immediately go to the next floor if you leave the room and go back into it as a safety measure. Not sure why they wouldn't do that same thing for those items.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

It's just not where I position myself, I guess. I've killed mom at least 100 times in this game, and it hasn't happened yet. I usually also reflexively move away form the item-spawning area whenever a boss gets towards the end of his/her HP, a habit from the old Isaac game where a lot off boss items were bad and should be avoided 100 % of the time.

I still think they should do something about it, since it would be very easy, and so many people have the same problem. Several of the more profiled streamers have complained about it too, and they have close contact with the developers, so it will probably be patched in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Power of Pecota posted:

All I've got left is to get Godhead to drop after unlocking it today on a sick Lost run with Quad Shot + Mom's Knife (or that should be the case, I'm starting to get really nervous about platinum god not unlocking when it should have),

When people have had to get Angel Room items to drop have they gone with Isaac for the chance at a double reroll (Angel Room item, key piece) or Judas for the guaranteed devil/angel room on every room after Basement 1 with Book of Belial? I've been doing the latter and I'm starting to think the former's the way to go, in two runs through Womb 1 and resetting I've gotten 3 angel rooms and only two of them have had items.

You just need to pick up Godhead for the item collection page yes? If you arent having luck with angel rooms, try picking up and using the d4 every time its charged (or the d100 if you have it unlocked). I didnt have the mind, the body, or the soul unlocked in my collection, but after a run where I rerolled all the items I had over and over up until the chest, they appeared as unlocked.