Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is it going to be the like the last bait and switch where he says he doesn't feel like talking then they have someone infinitely less interesting for the rest of it?

Probably!

I'll still listen to it

Have the Pisscast guys taken a hiatus? I need my fix of wrestling, Mass Effect and Dragon Age talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

listen to the Rollins episode of Talk is Jericho. It's very good.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

CM Punk interview is up. Colt's site seems to have crashed, but the mp3 link works.

"Don't ask me how big Batista's dick is."
:negative:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

CM Punk interview is up. Colt's site seems to have crashed, but the mp3 link works.

"Don't ask me how big Batista's dick is."
:negative:

That link keeps "finishing" the download at around 11mb, even after it says it's supposed to be around 160.

HOWEVER, I managed to get this link to work for me. It wasn't particularly fast, but it got there in the end. This isn't the first time I've had problems getting the whole file of a podcast from Colt's website, and not the first computer I've had problems on, so I assume it's not just me.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Colts site is a fuckin mess. Can never download properly.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Colts site is a fuckin mess. Can never download properly.

Same problem. Link above from tsn cuts off at the 73 minute mark. But so far so good through 73 minutes. Punk is pissed.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
If you keep trying that direct link eventually it'll finish. It's an incredible interview. The pacing is perfect too, slowly building up to the crescendo of the day after Rumble that he quit.

They're doing a second part next week, answering fan questions and whatnot, so that should be interesting to hear too.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can someone upload the file elsewhere?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Can someone upload the file elsewhere?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d97gm1hi2hxi71u/show226.mp3?dl=0

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Dropbox file definitely isn't full thing as it cuts out about an hour and 40 in, but that's a lot further than I got.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHRJnZsinQ

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Thanks for the link! I was missing the last 15 minutes of the mp3.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

That was one hell of a podcast.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2121297/Art%20of%20Wrestling%20-%20Episode%20225%20-%20CM%20Punk.mp3 full audio

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Here too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHRJnZsinQ

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Dave was laughing his rear end off as Bryan recapped the Punk interview. It was amazing.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Perigryn posted:

Dave was laughing his rear end off as Bryan recapped the Punk interview. It was amazing.

What did Dave say to it?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

What did Dave say to it?

Not much

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Skinty McEdger posted:

What did Dave say to it?
Dave hasn't heard the podcast yet so Bryan's reading notes to him, alternating beteween laughing at how stupid some of the decisions Vince and Hunter made with the odd refuting of some of Punk's points (like how despite Punk feels, losing to Taker in a great match at Wrestlemania wasn't a bad thing).

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Even as someone who doesn't like Colt's podcast. and doesn't care for "I'm not bitter" (Is bitter) old wrestlers, it's still a great listen.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

to be fair punk at least admits he is bitter, and he has every right to be

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I get the feeling every wrestler is right to be bitter with the WWE.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Summary of Punk's interview: http://pastebin.com/k1TbZVDP

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 27, 2014

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CM Punk via Bryan Alvarez posted:

After the match I went to Ryback and said "Are you dumb as gently caress or did do that on purpose?" He looked at me and said "I'm dumb as gently caress."

Not an exact quote but it's worth a listen to hear Bryan tell it. I have never laughed so hard at anything in wrestling. I gotta go listen to this whole interview now.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 27, 2014

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

PaybackJack posted:

Not an exact quote but it's worth a listen to hear Bryan tell it. I have never laughed so hard at anything in wrestling. I gotta go listen to this whole interview now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHRJnZsinQ

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I believe the guy who raked Punk's eyes in the Nexus angle was Darren Young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVtqoqzgNw&t=18m4s

You can see Young reach down with his left hand while Bryan has Punk in a chinlock.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jesus WWE sounds like the worst company to work for. Between the McMahons getting their dicks hard by forcing creative staff to act like weak underlings and HHH being passive-aggressive and lame, to the pay structure, to the lack of insurance, it's amazing that anyone wants to work there.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Triple H stuff is the best part

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
So does Punk actually dish real dirt, name names and talk poo poo about WWE, or does he just hint at some stuff?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

savinhill posted:

So does Punk actually dish real dirt, name names and talk poo poo about WWE, or does he just hint at some stuff?

He hints at nothing and is open about everything. HHH is named and shamed pretty bad and made to seem like a petty politicking rear end in a top hat.

Fav bit of it:

HHH: You know Dave had to do the same piss test when he came in.

CM Punk: Did you?

HHH:...

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

savinhill posted:

It's 1 1/2 hours of naming names & pointing fingers.

The only person he didn't name was the guy who's on 2 strikes on the Wellness Policy but "still does drugs" because they want to look the other way.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

dsriggs posted:

It's 1 1/2 hours of naming names & pointing fingers.

The only person he didn't name was the guy who's on 2 strikes on the Wellness Policy but "still does drugs" because they want to look the other way.

Only question is is that name Cena or Orton?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
What a promo. Just read this if you don't know if you should watch it or not. This is what CM Punk said he told HHH and Vince on the night he walked out.

quote:

"I looked Vince in the eye and I said, 'I do not love this anymore. I'm f----- sick, I'm f------ hurt, I'm f------ confused, I don't know as a business what we're doing anymore. Every day you tell me it's a team effort, but every day it's an individual effort by me to find what's necessary to even f-n come here. It's not fun. I have zero passion for this. I'm concussed, I'm hurt, and alls you care about is what segment I'm in and how soon I can get my gear on and how soon I can pee in this cup and I don't want to do it anymore.'

"I mentioned something about the piss test and Hunter said, 'Well, you know, Dave (Batista) just took the same piss test you did.' And I just looked at Hunter and went, 'Well, did you?' And he had nothing to say. I said (to McMahon), 'Look, I thought when I re-signed three years ago I told you if I couldn't be all that I said I could be, you could f----- fire me. And, if I was a fraud and anything less and fell short of the f------ mark - I said, 'I sold more shirts than John Cena until I turned heel for you. You said you owed me one. I worked guys that were dangerous and you said you owed me one. I did all these things and alls I wanted was the main event of WrestleMania. And it's fine if you don't think that is me and I'm not the caliber of that Superstar, but then you need to f------ fire me. Because I do not want to be here and I do not want to be anything else.' And then I will go somewhere else and get over because I can.

"You have shackled me, you have creatively stifled me, you have made this a very toxic environment, I no longer want to be here. It boggles my mind how Daniel Bryan has not figured into your plans to be in the main event of WrestleMania because this is his year. Just like two years ago when it was my year and I was white f----- hot, just like he is now, and what did you do? You fed me to this guy.' And I pointed to right at Hunter. Vince was like, 'This is the concussion talking. I can't believe you're saying any of this. It is a main event - you're wrestling Triple H."

"I politely turned to Hunter and I said, 'With all due respect, I do not need to wrestle you. You need to wrestle me. I do not want to wrestle you. I seriously resent you for not putting me over three years ago when you should have. That would have been best for business. But, you had to come in and squash it. And then I had to lose to Truth and Miz. It didn't make any business sense and now I'm in the position where I can tell you I don't have to nor do I want to wrestle you at WrestleMania. I don't care if I was supposed to win - which I was - I didn't want to give him the f------ privilege.

"I said a lot of s--- in there. I told them again - and Hunter was gritting his teeth, and he never liked me. Me and him in a room together - it was always negative vibes."

"Hunter told me I was in the main event because I wrestled The Undertaker," Punk continued. "I turned to him and said, 'Tell me I got paid the same amount of money as you, Brock, Cena, Rock, or whoever.' And once again, he had nothing to say. I was like, 'I'm out of here.' Vince, with tears in his eyes, went in for a hug, and it was like a reluctant patting on the back, then I looked at Hunter and he stuck his hand out and I shook his hand. I said, 'Goodbye,' and I walked out."

The most mind boggling thing is that they were actually going to go with Batista vs Orton as the main event of WM. That wasn't just an act to make Bryan more over as they claimed? I figured it had to be since the original plan was so stupid. They expected that to work? I remember HHH had said to Foley to not judge a book before you see the ending. If HHH was wrestling Punk at WM, what was Daniel Bryan supposed to be doing?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah the Punk podcast with Colt definitely delivered this time. It was really interesting and they're going to have a second part that allows people to ask him questions so there's still more to come.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Super Ninja Fish posted:

If HHH was wrestling Punk at WM, what was Daniel Bryan supposed to be doing?

Sheamus.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Super Ninja Fish posted:

If HHH was wrestling Punk at WM, what was Daniel Bryan supposed to be doing?

It was going to be Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan for the third year in a row. No, really.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Super Ninja Fish posted:

What a promo. Just read this if you don't know if you should watch it or not. This is what CM Punk said he told HHH and Vince on the night he walked out.

The most mind boggling thing is that they were actually going to go with Batista vs Orton as the main event of WM. That wasn't just an act to make Bryan more over as they claimed? I figured it had to be since the original plan was so stupid. They expected that to work? I remember HHH had said to Foley to not judge a book before you see the ending. If HHH was wrestling Punk at WM, what was Daniel Bryan supposed to be doing?

The hilarious thing about HHH telling Punk that he was "in the main event" despite not being in the last match; is that Triple H politic'ed his rear end off to have the last match back in like '02 when he wrestled Jericho for the title, even though everyone and their mother knew that Rock/Hogan should have been the last match and was a million times bigger. He argued that he was the real main event because it was for the title and should have been the last match.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 27, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I listened to Punk's interview this morning, now I'm listening to Bryan recite the interview to Dave. It's a weird game of broken telephone.

Bryan's doing a great job though, every now and then I am reminded that he's actually quite good at podcasting (grading on a wrestling podcast curve)

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Bryan is fantastic as a host or interviewer and terrible as an analyst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
he is also somehow less funny than Dave Meltzer

• Locked thread