Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Oh man, Wolfenstein for 16.31 USD on GMG. I'm so tempted to get this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
FYI two Pinball FX tables are randomly on sale for roughly $1: Plants vs Zombies and Captain America

Are either of them good?

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

triplexpac posted:

Is Kingdoms of Amalur any good? I might be thinking of Dragon's Dogma as being the better one, I always mix the two up.

Dragons dogma is awesome monster killing madness. Kingdoms is boring almost RPG boringness

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Darkrenown posted:

Yes, play Wolfenstein!

E: I'm trying to buy The Desolate Hope, but Steam can't add it to my cart in either the client or the browser :(
E2: Posting about it solved it apparently.

Seconding this. Wolfenstien is amazing.
Also Shadow Warrior is awesome.
I will also throw in a recommendation for Sniper Elite 3. It is a well made stealth game.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

CommissarMega posted:

So I bit the bullet and bought the new 40K game, and drat is it good. Even on the easiest setting it can be a little challenging at times, since you're often facing several large waves of troops (or I'm a terrible commander :v:), so I'm going to try bump the difficulty up a notch or two, see how it goes. The V/A can get a little dodgy here and there, but it seems solid enough, so points for presentation down too.

Have you checkd out the editor yet? It seems like it allows you to create basically anything in the real game -- all the terrain, all the units, all the art -- everything. I'm not sure I'll ever have the time to make anything useful with it, but I'm pretty excited to see what other people come up with. Some posts by Slitherine folks make it sound like the game is entirely moddable and people could easily load in their own art for any units not in the game -- hopefully this does well enough that some brave souls start putting out mods with Eldar, Tyranids, etc.

The only slight negative I've seen so far is that it doesn't sound like they intend to support Steam Workshop, but that seems like just a minor inconvenience. The game seems pretty great so far.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

triplexpac posted:

Is Kingdoms of Amalur any good? I might be thinking of Dragon's Dogma as being the better one, I always mix the two up.

KoA is basically a single player MMO with slightly-better-than-other-MMOs combat. There are like a billion quests, 90% of them meaningless. There's tons of armors, weapons, skills, crafting items, etc. If you go through and just do the quests that interest you, it's not a bad way to spend 5 bux.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

triplexpac posted:

You don't want Kingdoms of Amalur. It's like an unpopulated MMO. There are side quests. There is a main story. And there are leagues upon leagues of nothing in between each point.

You want Dragon's Dogma.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hm with that 75% off coupon I got a while back, I can get Shadow Warrior for a buck. Seems like a good deal!!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triplexpac posted:

Dragons dogma is the better one!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Wolfenstein is a really fun FPS made even more fun by how batshit insane the plot is.

Do not click this if you don't want the batshit plot spoiled for you: for example, you steal a U-boat in order to break in to a secret underwater vault and steal ancient Kabbalisitc WMDs and power armour. You then use said WMDs to rob a train to steal the paperwork you need to go to the Moon.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

triplexpac posted:

It's the boring version of Skyrim.

Yeah, its that boring. It's big gameplay selling point was "We made the combat fun unlike those other RPG's" unfortunately that's basically a lie because even if it is more flashy and you have a super-charge attack you still use the exact same pattern over and over and over. Throw in some incredibly lifeless dungeon/overworld (You know how people complained about DA2's level reuse? KoA is even worse) and quest design and you've got a really, really, really boring game.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Amalur is good if you like mmo style combat and want to kill tons of time. Not terribly interesting, but its not terrible.

I do wish Dragon's Dogma came out for PC =(

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
How is Castlevania Mirror of Fate? I prefer the CVs with rpg elements to the more traditional ones

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I'm tempted by Sniper Elite 3. I think I might buy it unless someone has compelling reasons not to.

vuorikissa
May 1, 2007

Also in this bundle for a dollar: https://groupees.com/nostalgia/

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

It's a fun "watch TV and don't pay attention to this generic fantasy game" game.

I actually like it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
New Shadow Warrior for 4 bucks is a steal, it's a really great 90's style FPS. Get that poo poo.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Ryuga Death posted:

Oh man, Wolfenstein for 16.31 USD on GMG. I'm so tempted to get this.

It's even cheaper in the 'VIP' bit.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thinking of grabbing Tropico 5 since its 14 bucks and a daily sale. Is it worth it? I liked 3, didn't grab 4 cause it seemed to just be nothing more then a full priced expansion of 3, reading the last few pages of the dead thread for it goonsensus is that it is a let down.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I can't access Steam right now. Are they swamped with shoppers or something?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Baron Bifford posted:

I can't access Steam right now. Are they swamped with shoppers or something?

On a holiday right after updating sales? I doubt it, Steam is usually very stable in these types of situations.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Lethemonster posted:

It's even cheaper in the 'VIP' bit.

Thanks for this! So I can safely assume Wolfenstein TNO is a good FPS for good dumb action, right? I've been holding off because of the download size but at 16.10, this is pretty cheap.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

So I can safely assume Wolfenstein TNO is a good FPS for good dumb action, right?

It's probably the best FPS this year.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I've never played Amalur but multiple people described it as a single player MMORPG which is possibly the worst thing you could say about a videogame.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
How are the 2 Castlevania: Lord of Shadows games? They seem to both be 75% off.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Wolfenstein is a really fun FPS made even more fun by how batshit insane the plot is.

Do not click this if you don't want the batshit plot spoiled for you: for example, you steal a U-boat in order to break in to a secret underwater vault and steal ancient Kabbalisitc WMDs and power armour. You then use said WMDs to rob a train to steal the paperwork you need to go to the Moon.

Related, less spoilery but something to look forward to: What this game does, amazingly, is go through different "eras" of shooter/guns. From WW2 to Sci-fi, with contemporary stuff in between, somehow. It's not a very smooth transition, but there is a bit of varied flavor that made me like the game a lot.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Ekster posted:

I've never played Amalur but multiple people described it as a single player MMORPG which is possibly the worst thing you could say about a videogame.

It's got fun combat and you can just do the main story quests and be fine. If you do all the sidequests you'll actually be WAY overlevelled the whole game.

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.
The Payday 2 DLC that came out like half a month ago is 75% off with all the others. It and the Hotline Miami DLC were excluded from the last 75% off sale. I wonder if it's a mistake.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Amazon has the boxed version of Shadow of Mordor for $20: http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Earth-Shadow-Mordor-Pc/dp/B00GMFKYGW/ref=sr_1_1_twi_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1417113388&sr=1-1

Comes with a Steam code, apparently.

Also Sleeping Dogs Definitive $15 http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Dogs-Definitive-Online-Game/dp/B00MYA6B9S/ref=sr_1_21_twi_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1417113517&sr=1-21

Lego Marvel $5 http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-Online/dp/B00FZ03PYS/ref=sr_1_7_twi_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1417113579&sr=1-7

Alien Isolation $25 http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Isolation-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00HQ0WNI4/ref=sr_1_10_twi_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1417113579&sr=1-10

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 27, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's worth mentioning more of the GMG VIP deals:

Civ V Complete - $9.62
Dishonored - $3.99
Fallout New Vegas - $1.99
Metal Gear Rising Revengence - $12.00
The Evil Within - $16.10
Thi4f - $5.85
Skyrim - $3.99
Wolfenstein the New Order - $16.10

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Am I wrong or was the goon consensus that Lords of Shadow 1 is way better than 2? Somehow 1 isn't included in the daily and is actually more expensive. Mirror of Fate looks interesting but is it pointless to play if you haven't played either of the games it's in-between?

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Anybody like Endless Space? Thinking about getting it now that it's :10bux:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ekster posted:

It seriously is, and it seriously is.

My favorite part is you have these beautiful made areas that just jam into each other, exactly like how WoW would just jam terrain for different zones together. Just like meh, make a mmorpg, take out the MMO, ship it, who cares right?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

McCoy Pauley posted:

Have you checkd out the editor yet? It seems like it allows you to create basically anything in the real game -- all the terrain, all the units, all the art -- everything. I'm not sure I'll ever have the time to make anything useful with it, but I'm pretty excited to see what other people come up with. Some posts by Slitherine folks make it sound like the game is entirely moddable and people could easily load in their own art for any units not in the game -- hopefully this does well enough that some brave souls start putting out mods with Eldar, Tyranids, etc.

Not yet, having too much fun driving the xeno scum off Armageddon (VON STRAAAHD :argh:).

...can I give myself a Titan to start with? Because I want a Titan. I'll play every mission on my lonesome if I have to, so long as I can do it in a Titan.

Rage McDougal
Jul 28, 2013

Ekster posted:

To be honest I always felt it was more like a third-person hack-and-slash ARPG thing (whatever the current term for Diablo-stlye games is), and I actually enjoyed it far more than any of those games.

I also found it to be a pretty good game to play while listening to podcasts if that's your kind of thing.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Lakitu7 posted:

Am I wrong or was the goon consensus that Lords of Shadow 1 is way better than 2? Somehow 1 isn't included in the daily and is actually more expensive. Mirror of Fate looks interesting but is it pointless to play if you haven't played either of the games it's in-between?

1 is better AND it's less than 2 right now, I don't know what you saw.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Sorry, I meant to say 2 has a bigger discount. 1 isn't part of the daily-- just the regular autumn sale.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So is evil Within actually as bad as people are saying? Seems weird to have such a huge discount only a couple months after release.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Kulkasha posted:

Anybody like Endless Space? Thinking about getting it now that it's :10bux:

I had fun with Endless Space. It was a decent strategy game. They recently rolled out an update for it, but I haven't played it in about a year, so I don't know how/if the game has changed.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/endless-space/announcements/detail/234514660190252800

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

So... did you get 5$ added to your steam wallet?

• Locked thread