Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Davincie posted:

Guillotine is sub-soy milk garbage
it's actually an orbital and therefore good if you don't already have some
usually, anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

IronicDongz posted:

it's actually an orbital and therefore good if you don't already have some
usually, anyways

Personally it totally throws off my sense of where I am, which I find quite annoying.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
It's pretty great if you have Epic Fetus.

E: Or Ludivico technique.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

goodness posted:

First time having a good chance with ???. And then I find this, so hard to resist...What to do?

Push the button. Always push the button unless victory is assured. If victory is assured, then no harm can come from pushing the button.

E: Just had my first two boss rush wins, both with ludovico technique. Definitely my favorite item. The only thing I don't like about it is my keyboard starts to drop inputs when I'm controlling isaac and tears at the same time.

Sokani fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 28, 2014

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So don't get the Negative or the Polaroid during challenges... because it causes you to not complete the challenge even if you beat It Lives! I'm loving pissed.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Johnny Truant posted:

So don't get the Negative or the Polaroid during challenges... because it causes you to not complete the challenge even if you beat It Lives! I'm loving pissed.

Yeah, always grab the trophy. It's stupid the game lets you go further after that trophy pops.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Johnny Truant posted:

At least one of the challenges requires beating the cathedral.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ErIog posted:

Yeah, always grab the trophy. It's stupid the game lets you go further after that trophy pops.

Doesn't even give you the option for the trophy if you pick it up.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
Uh I always pick up the Polaroid for the passive and I never had a problem with the trophy showing up. What challenge were you on? Some end at Satan/Isaac.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Crotch Bat posted:

That's an awful idea based on how knockback works in this game. Would instantly render many rooms more dangerous than the enemies it contains and toss the balance off the game's axis.

IDK, then maybe make it an option on the options menu if it'd really piss that many people off.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

Guillotine is sub-soy milk garbage

It's nowhere near that bad. At least it can block damage, it's not something that will ruin your run 99% of the time like picking up Soy Milk is.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
The Lost can gently caress off fover (until the expansion :gonk:) because I have Godhead now! :woop:

I looked on the wiki and it says Godhead is only in Angel Rooms. Is that true? :/

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

LaughMyselfTo posted:

IDK, then maybe make it an option on the options menu if it'd really piss that many people off.

It could just be a special seed.

Apparently BASE MENT works as one of those. All floors are the basement. Same enemies, same bosses. There is no end to this. It just goes on. Forever.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

goodness posted:

First time having a good chance with ???. And then I find this, so hard to resist...What to do?

I think if you've got a shitload of items, the dice room usually makes you overpowered. I've never had a late reroll gently caress me up, only the early ones.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Anyone who has Platinum God/Real Platinum God, did you beat everything on Hard with non-Lost characters? Going over stuff that's the only thing I can think of, I've only beaten like Mom's Heart on Hard with Cain for the achievement and usually just took one path with other characters.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Power of Pecota posted:

There's Options with bosses with guaranteed drops just gives a random boss item for the second one, not another item from their pool. I've had it for horsemen and you don't get Ball of Bandages + Cube of Meat.

If that doesn't work then would it work if you somehow got Little Steven as an early drop? Would that guarantee Steven? Still would be a rare situation. That item will be stupid to get. But I've whittled my list down to 5!!!

Transcendence, Missingno, Dollar, Steven, and Godhead. That's all I got left! That first room secret room strategy is great.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Waffleopolis posted:

The Lost can gently caress off fover (until the expansion :gonk:) because I have Godhead now! :woop:

I looked on the wiki and it says Godhead is only in Angel Rooms. Is that true? :/

:hfive: godhead buddy! Now we just have to find the drat thing.

Yes its Angel room only, unless you roll an Eden run that starts with it (lol), or luck into getting it rerolling your items with the d4/d100, which I'm pretty sure counts. Other than that best bet is to find Angel rooms with the d6 and reroll key pieces.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

If that doesn't work then would it work if you somehow got Little Steven as an early drop? Would that guarantee Steven? Still would be a rare situation.

I think that works and it's how I got Steven, because I got the achievement before hearing the "Kill the little one first" thing and never do that otherwise.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The Ludovico Technique + Technology + Spoon Bender is a synergy I did not expect to work.

It's beautiful.

e:

Sanctum fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 28, 2014

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Logan 5 posted:

:hfive: godhead buddy! Now we just have to find the drat thing.

Yes its Angel room only, unless you roll an Eden run that starts with it (lol), or luck into getting it rerolling your items with the d4/d100, which I'm pretty sure counts. Other than that best bet is to find Angel rooms with the d6 and reroll key pieces.

Found it! :D

Also, DO NOT MIX GODHEAD WITH TECHNOLOGY! Technology overrides the god tears and for some reason, reduces the tear rate to its lowest setting.

Either that or the Chocolate Milk did it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Power of Pecota posted:

Anyone who has Platinum God/Real Platinum God, did you beat everything on Hard with non-Lost characters? Going over stuff that's the only thing I can think of, I've only beaten like Mom's Heart on Hard with Cain for the achievement and usually just took one path with other characters.

I'm a Godhead drop away from RPG and the only characters that have full Hard mode cards are Cain and The Lost. The rest just have ??? kills.

You must have had a sync issue somewhere and even though the game says you're good you're really not. You've clearly 100%'d the game, just find a 100% file and copy it and get your achieves and enjoy the game for real :v: Otherwise it sounds like you've either gotta scum items(a few ways to do this), roll through a bunch of achieves again, or start over.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Waffleopolis posted:

Found it! :D

Also, DO NOT MIX GODHEAD WITH TECHNOLOGY! Technology overrides the god tears and for some reason, reduces the tear rate to its lowest setting.

Either that or the Chocolate Milk did it.

Hmm, Azazel's mini-brim and Technology work in a similar way (incredibly slow fire speed) but if you get just 1 or 2 tears ups you'll suddenly be shooting hilariously fast.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You only need to beat Mom's Heart/It Lives with everyone but the Lost from what I remember.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Ludovico Technique is so loving fun. I hope I find it a second time someday. :argh:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm a Godhead drop away from RPG and the only characters that have full Hard mode cards are Cain and The Lost. The rest just have ??? kills.

You must have had a sync issue somewhere and even though the game says you're good you're really not. You've clearly 100%'d the game, just find a 100% file and copy it and get your achieves and enjoy the game for real :v: Otherwise it sounds like you've either gotta scum items(a few ways to do this), roll through a bunch of achieves again, or start over.

I'm going to fart around for a while and hope 1.03 fixes it or something then I guess, blah. I'd scum items with an Isaac rerolling setup if I knew what items to scum, I've definitely had enough experience with that by now.

Sidenote - if anyone who hasn't gotten the Stopwatch yet wonders how broken it is, I picked up Dr. Fetus + Tiny Planet from the four chests at the start of The Chest while previously having Ouija Board and beat ??? with room to spare. I had to bail out of a double Gate room with Krampus' Head, but besides that it went fairly smoothly.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
:toot:

Now, let's see about that Godhead and welp

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

:toot:

Now, let's see about that Godhead and welp

Just got Real Platinum God too! :v:

I really hope between now and the expansion there's some adjustment to The Lost to make him so mind-numbingly hard. Even with the Continue exploit it was still a giant pain in the rear end.

Kenishi
Nov 18, 2010
They just need to do what the rebalance mod is going to do. Start with Holy Mantle as the Lost and something else I'm blanking on.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I stepped on a dice room and it rerolled me to, get this:

Doctor Fetus
My Reflection
Tiny Planet

Plus something that made the bombs spectral so they would pass through rocks, but not enemies.

I would fire and a bomb would whip around me about one and a half times, then settle down and explode. It was literally impossible to guide them in any way short of "hope part of the circle ends on an enemy" but 90% of the time the bomb would take too long to go off and the enemy would walk away.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

PostNouveau posted:

I think if you've got a shitload of items, the dice room usually makes you overpowered. I've never had a late reroll gently caress me up, only the early ones.

Well it took away my flying and awesome tears but gave me ipecac and metre. So I then went on to beat Isaac. Still hate ipecac though.

D6 time :D

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Yet another awesome run that would have been perfect if I was playing anyone other than the Lost, ruined. The struggle is real.

I can clear out rooms filled with bosses, but not spiders. gently caress spiders.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Welp, grabbed a synergy that, while cool looking, was ultimately worthless. Had a nice homing Mom's knife with decent damage that I was using to shank everything to death when I find Tiny Planet in Necropolis II. Ended up with a knife that, when charged, would spin crazily around Maggie in a spiral and back. It would have been almost good, or at least not bad, if it weren't for the fact that the further you threw the knife, the faster it went, which meant the less damage it did. So on every third or fourth shot when you'd actually hit something you either shanked enemies right behind you, or you gave 2-3 enemies across the room papercuts.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Crotch Bat posted:

Wait wait wait wait

Wait

I need this to be absolutely clear, to determine the merit of the past 2 days and the next 3. None of The Lost's items require you to do any hard mode stuff true/false? This is important :stare:

I can't read :downs:
although, if the answer is "true".. :ohdear:

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 28, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Nastyman posted:

Wait wait wait wait

Wait

I need this to be absolutely clear, to determine the merit of the past 2 days and the next 3. None of The Lost's items require you to do any hard mode stuff true/false? This is important :stare:

I can't read :downs:
although, if the answer is "true".. :ohdear:

False.

Both -0- baby and Godhead are locked behind hard mode boss kills.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Well gently caress. Didn't know you can't restart the boss rush if you die during the fight. There goes my Holy Mantle + Dead Cat + Brimstone + Tammy's Head run. :suicide:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've played Evil Within and Colonial Marines this year and both of those were more fun than trying to get anything done as The Lost. Something absolutely needs to be done with him. Props to everyone who's gotten his poo poo legit. Sat here resetting for an hour and the best I've gotten is Epic Fetus, which is actually super bad for The Lost if you don't have anything to eat a hit.

I did spend awhile maxing out the donation machine, so the Stopwatch is out there somewhere, it just doesn't want to appear. I'd like to get his stuff knocked out before any nerfs hit, but god drat. You don't have to do a Mega Satan kill with him, do you? They're not that evil, are they?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Wugga posted:

Well gently caress. Didn't know you can't restart the boss rush if you die during the fight. There goes my Holy Mantle + Dead Cat + Brimstone + Tammy's Head run. :suicide:

I'm assuming that's on The Lost, and it's the only unlock you have left? Otherwise I have literally no idea how you could have lost that.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ChibiSoma posted:

I've played Evil Within and Colonial Marines this year and both of those were more fun than trying to get anything done as The Lost. Something absolutely needs to be done with him. Props to everyone who's gotten his poo poo legit. Sat here resetting for an hour and the best I've gotten is Epic Fetus, which is actually super bad for The Lost if you don't have anything to eat a hit.

I did spend awhile maxing out the donation machine, so the Stopwatch is out there somewhere, it just doesn't want to appear. I'd like to get his stuff knocked out before any nerfs hit, but god drat. You don't have to do a Mega Satan kill with him, do you? They're not that evil, are they?

I'd put Mega Satan as easier (comparatively, considering where he is in terms of how strong you'll be on facing him) to be easier than several bosses including Mom and Satan.

But no, you don't need to kill him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thankfully the Mega Satan kill can be done on any character as long as you do it sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Iny posted:

Really? A two-second spawning time tweak--what is that, a single line of code that says "wait(200);"?--seems "out of the scope of what they want to do with base-game updates"? That's the second-most minor thing I can possibly think of. Are you implicitly saying that patches will be limited entirely to "[item]'s [stat] has been slightly [increased/decreased]"? Because I literally cannot think of anything else that is compatible with a scope that tiny.

That's... I mean, I want to clarify that I'm not angry here, this is a thing that's never affected me at all, it's just... that's weird as hell and I'd like to know what's up.

Patches will probably just be bug and stability fixes. I did have the latest version of the game crash once.

One thing I would really like to see that is again the easiest fix and won't happen until the expansion is an option to disable the visual filter in womb/utero.