Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

PaganGoatPants posted:

So Star Wars VII trailer coming via iTunes tomorrow. Not sure if that means midnight though.

Boyega's twitter instagram has a "countdown". Apparently the trailer will be online around 7AM PST or 3AM EST, WHO KNOWS.

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PaganGoatPants posted:

88 second teaser. Probably 60 seconds of the logo and 20 seconds of a lightsaber being powered on.

It'll be the music and nothing more.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Definitely going to be landscape shots, a few close ups of the main characters, ominous narration, light saber sound, millennium falcon flyby.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Also, someone lowering the hood on the robe to reveal their face. Probably Mark Hamill.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Less than an hour left for the trailer to drop, if the President of Disney France is to be believed. :neckbeard:

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
:f5:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Where is my Star Wars

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
10 mins yall

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
That is a very stupid looking light saber

but I did get all excited when the falcon showed up

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hhhggggnnnnnnghhhh

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff posted:

Definitely going to be landscape shots, a few close ups of the main characters, ominous narration, light saber sound, millennium falcon flyby.

So close

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

morestuff posted:

5 for 5. I was only iffy on the Millenium Falcon and when I saw it I started cracking up.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Very excited. Definitely feels Abrams-y. The shot of the chick on that hover bike reminds me of the young Kirk on his hoverbike shots from the first Star Trek trailer.

Also on a sidenote, gently caress Quicktime and the Trailers site. That embedded style they use has literally never ever worked on anything other than SD (HD formats dont play video just audio) on literally every single loving computer I've ever tried it on.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It worked in Safari on my Mac....heh.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Kinda cool that they focused on Boyega, Ridley and Isaac instead of throwing the old cast out there right away. I'm surprised we only got the falcon and no R2D2 or Chewbacca shot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That Falcon shot :allears:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm all for a nighttime forest fight

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

BlueBayou posted:

That is a very stupid looking light saber

but I did get all excited when the falcon showed up

It really is, not going to be able to take whoever-sith it is seriously with that. I get they want to make it look like a longsword, but it just doesn't work.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PST posted:

It really is, not going to be able to take whoever-sith it is seriously with that. I get they want to make it look like a longsword, but it just doesn't work.

Hey they just bringing light saber up to the equivalent sword technology that we had in the 10th century. Seriously who make a sword without a crossguard, good way to get your hand cut off. Jedi are all drat idiots for not introducing them sooner.

....but yeah it does look pretty loving stupid.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

Hey they just bringing light saber up to the equivalent sword technology that we had in the 10th century. Seriously who make a sword without a crossguard, good way to get your hand cut off. Jedi are all drat idiots for not introducing them sooner.

....but yeah it does look pretty loving stupid.

12 year old me would love it so there's that at least.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

I thought it was supposed to be like an evil upside-down cross lightsaber which rules, so I'll just stick with that.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Random Stranger posted:

I don't think anyone has posted the trailer for The Age of Adaline yet. Not that I'd expect goons to care about the film, especially in the middle of trailers dropping for various big budget films, but it might be the worst trailer from a major studio in a while.

If you want to make a movie about how it sucks to be immortal go all out or don't make it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I loved the shot with the rolling droid, it looked exactly like the original series. Captured the style perfectly. In fact everything on what I presume is Tattoine looked great

Lightsaber looked dumb, the Falcon buzzing around was cool, but that shot with the low flying X-wings...fuuuuuuuuuuuck I came

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Gotta admit, I got goosebumps hearing the main theme again. Are there good versions of Star Wars on blu-ray yet?

Also whose voice was doing the narration?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

GrandpaPants posted:

Also whose voice was doing the narration?

Max Von Sydow.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

Max Von Sydow.

Are we certain about that? I'm convinced it was Serkis. The intonation of the voice in the beginning when he says "there's been an awakening" sounds similar to Caesar from the Apes films.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

That voice sounds way too young to be Max von Sydow. It's probably Driver or Serkis.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought it sounds a lot like B.Cum.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

I didn't realize he was in it; now that I listen to it again, yeah it does sound like him.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Gonz posted:

I didn't realize he was in it; now that I listen to it again, yeah it does sound like him.

He isn't.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

muscles like this? posted:

It's too low-key to be Cummy.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It's reportedly Serkis.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Max von Sydow is gonna be in this? Huh, that's cool.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Cross-Section posted:

It's reportedly Serkis.

It's totally Serkis.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Falcon looks weird, like those bad CGI shots of it in the special edition of ESB. It doesn't look right without the big puffy lightsource coming out of the engine.

Teaser rated 3.7/5.0

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

second-hand smegma posted:

Falcon looks weird, like those bad CGI shots of it in the special edition of ESB. It doesn't look right without the big puffy lightsource coming out of the engine.

Teaser rated 3.7/5.0

It looks restored and suped up.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I feel bad. When John Boyega showed up in Stormtrooper outfit, I thought I was watching a prank trailer.

I really like the fresh faced look of new actors and characters in Star Wars. I hope the recurring characters have respectfully small roles, unlike the prequels where it was the cool robot adventures of the robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That light saber looks really stupid and a good way to cut your own drat hand off. Also the droid looked like it was a miniature R2D2s head bouncing on top of a soccer ball.

Everything else was pretty cool though.

• Locked thread