Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Given what he said, I got the impression Jericho asked him to be on his podcast to do a tell-all, and Punk was pissed off because Jericho was looking at it as an opportunity to make money.

Not that Colt isn't potentially going to get an enormous influx of new listeners out of this, but I don't think that was either his or Punk's primary intention for doing the show.

Jericho was also texting him to ask what was up and Punk thought he was just looking for scoops. Given Punk went out of his way to explain how he was cool with Kane, Brock and Batista when he said the slightest thing bad about them but not Jericho says a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

How long is Bryan going to do a Saturday morning radio show after doing a Friday early morning radio show when he can't even write his own weekly newsletter?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

How long is Bryan going to do a Saturday morning radio show after doing a Friday early morning radio show when he can't even write his own weekly newsletter?

HE IS GOING TO HAVE A COLUMN IN IT SOON!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Alain Post posted:

Bryan Alvarez's "How's it going, everybody" is seared into my brain at this point.

how's it goin everybody bryan alvarez here on wrestling observer live we're here every sunday 3 pm pacific/6 eastern on the sports byline radio network, sirius satellite radio channel 92, 94, 794, XM radio channel 208 and streaming live worldwide on the internet at wrestlingobserver.com

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
To be honest the best thread title was Wrestling Podcasts - howsitgoingeverybodybryanalverezhere

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i was also a fan of "how are the bromans any different from kamala" but yeah i agree

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jerusalem posted:

Given what he said, I got the impression Jericho asked him to be on his podcast to do a tell-all, and Punk was pissed off because Jericho was looking at it as an opportunity to make money.

Not that Colt isn't potentially going to get an enormous influx of new listeners out of this, but I don't think that was either his or Punk's primary intention for doing the show.

I don't think Punk has any issues at all with helping Colt get more attention/exposure; above all else, Punk is a guy who helps his friends out whenever and however he can. He doesn't feel the same way about guys like Jericho who are just trying to brother him for better podcast ratings and aren't really his friends.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Punk's issue seemed to be Jericho telling whoever would listen that Punk wasn't talking to anyone who "thought they were his friend."

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

So this week's Talkin Shop might have the most amazing Gallows story so far.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

CombineThresher posted:

I don't think Punk has any issues at all with helping Colt get more attention/exposure; above all else, Punk is a guy who helps his friends out whenever and however he can. He doesn't feel the same way about guys like Jericho who are just trying to brother him for better podcast ratings and aren't really his friends.

Which is probably why he didn't want to outright say Joey Mercury stooged him off to Vince when he told him he was going down to FCW to train. I mean Punk literally bought Joey's house.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

njsykora posted:

Which is probably why he didn't want to outright say Joey Mercury stooged him off to Vince when he told him he was going down to FCW to train. I mean Punk literally bought Joey's house.

You didn't buy my house, motherfucker! ...another guy did!

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
If Punk was trying to let Joey save face, he did a poor job. He accused him of stooging, and just said he didn't have proof.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
Holy poo poo.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did Colt ever fix the email address - I still can't send anything

Mail.com says all their boxes have unlimited storage, so it can't be full

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Well, what's the unicode text for a star of david?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Well, what's the unicode text for a star of david?

Set MS Word to Wingdings and type Q33NY. :supaburn:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Doctor Goggles posted:

So this week's Talkin Shop might have the most amazing Gallows story so far.

That was a really, really hosed up story. I know he was a drunk teenager but even so, good Lord.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I got the $4 month of f4online. To turn off renewal do i just "cancel" on the payment history page?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

elf help book posted:

I got the $4 month of f4online. To turn off renewal do i just "cancel" on the payment history page?

Yes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Cool, thanks.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
LORD PANTS UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO WRESTLING OBSERVER

If I get the days wrong it's because I'm in a different time zone. Also, they go up at like midnight on some days making them technically the day after.

Monday Night - After Raw there is Observer Radio where Dave and Bryan go over the Raw and the news. This is obviously a pro click.

Tuesday - Bryan, Vinny and Craig show - Bryan, Bryan's Friend Vince and Bryan's Friend Craig go over Raw. They also play songs and it's generally looser than Observer radio. They've also been going over old Nitros which has been fun and funny. I think of this as a pro click, mileage may vary.

Wednesday - Todd and Bryan show. Todd Martin is a super fan who called in enough and got his own show with Bryan. People generally find Todd insufferable and his opinions stupid, however, he used to do Reviews of MMA and Wrestling books and these were amazing (MOTHERFUCKER, IT'S TIIIIIMEEEEE!!!). He's currently going over old issues of the Wrestling Observor newsletter.

Bryan also does the Lucha show and the Lance show that alternate weekly. The Lucha show is with "Dr Lucha" Steve Sims and occasionally "Cubsfan" (Cubsfan is a person, who runs Luchablog). Dr Lucha is great and you only need to know a cursory amount about Lucha to be into it because the poo poo that goes down in Mexico is usually so loving crazy that it's a fun listen regardless. Lance Storm needs no introduction, but it should be noted he's very politically incorrect in his insults, is often convinced of how right he is on any topic, and also holds really stupid positions which he defends (I don't watch MMA because steroids, but I watch WWE because I am a wrestler...) So basically, he's like every kooky ex-wrestler. I think this is a good show but I only listen if it's on a topic i'm interested.

Thursday - The Thursday Observer Radio of the week, this one is looser because there's often less (but sometimes more) news to cover and this is the one that has more questions answered. There is also the Thursday Bryan and Vinny show, and this is is the one with Bryan's grandmother on for the first half hour. Some people swear by the granny segment, some people skip it, it's up to you. This show is the one that they review Impact on, and as such used to be the goldmine for Bryan flipping his lid on Impact. They also run competitions and play lots of songs like "Stink Was Wronk" and "Undertaker's Dong" :allears:

Friday - After Dark Radio - Bryan does supernatural stuff. I've never listened to it but it is a thing that exists.

Weekend - Every Sunday there is Wrestling Observer Live with Bryan and Mike Sempervive. Mike is cool and I like him, this show is an actual radio show so expect lots of interuptions with lead ins and outros every "block" or so. They generally shoot the poo poo about wrestling and MMA and preview any WWE PPV or review a UFC PPV if there has been one. I don't listen to this at all, because by the time it goes up whatever they are previewing has been done, and if there was a UFC event there would have already been an Observer Radio.

If there is a UFC or WWE even, there'll be an Observer Radio covering that as well. If there has been a major NJWP there is Sin Limente which is Dave and Mike and covers Puro and is generally far more free wheeling and can go something like three hours with like 1000 questions answered. These are great and always a pro click. I think if there isn't a UFC or WWE show there'll be a weekend show regardless, usually question heavy.

Finally there is the weekend Bryan and Vinny show, where they cover any PPV, Smackdown and NXT. For me another pro click.

Plus everyweek there is usually some interview with someone. If is Bryan and Dave it'll be "Observer Radio with (guest)". If it is just Bryan it'll be "F4Daily with (guest)". Although, sometimes Bryan will introduce a guest and Dave won't talk for like 15 minutes and then surprise you with some question.

If something big happens there'll be a Breaking News Audio on the topic. If there is a big event they'll often do a show after that instead of a normal thursday or weekend show (like an investor conference for WWE or whatever)

Plus, there is Adam & Mike Big Audio Nightmare, Karl Stern, Five Star Radio and that one with that guy who is old and used to work Smoky Mountain Wrestling. I don't listen to any of those so someone else can clue you in to those.

Finally, there are enough subscribers here that will probably post something like "Show (whatever) is a pro listen" so you'll normally not miss any good poo poo keeping up to date with this thread.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 30, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Bryan and Vinny's review of this week's Raw is a pro-click

"Who does the Bunny appeal to?" "Furries?" "We used that joke last week."

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Is the 3.99 subscription only available to people in the States? I'm in Canada and I don't see any option for it.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is it worth it to subscribe to the observer? I see all this stuff and I kind of want it, but I want to know if it's a good deal.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Smoking Crow posted:

Is it worth it to subscribe to the observer? I see all this stuff and I kind of want it, but I want to know if it's a good deal.

I and many other people here pay $11 a month for it and am very happy with what I get for the money. If you can get a month for $3 do it and see for yourself whether or not it's worth it to you since that's something you can obviously only decide for yourself. I know I'd drop my WWE Network sub before my Observer sub in a heartbeat.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Thauros posted:

I and many other people here pay $11 a month for it and am very happy with what I get for the money. If you can get a month for $3 do it and see for yourself whether or not it's worth it to you since that's something you can obviously only decide for yourself. I know I'd drop my WWE Network sub before my Observer sub in a heartbeat.

Where is the link for the $3 month?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Smoking Crow posted:

Where is the link for the $3 month?

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/3-news/40091-black-friday-first-time-subscribers-1-full-month-of-access-for-only-399

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

god bless

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This is a great month to jump in since this entitles you to vote in the Observer Awards and help Big Daddy Yum Yum get the prize he so richly deserves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQnBg40Nvwc

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

LordPants posted:

He's currently going over old issues of the Wrestling Observor newsletter.
Still floored that Dave was once receptive to criticism of his spelling.

Todd's book reviews are great when he really hates something. Check the archives for the Dick Slater and Bruce Buffer reviews.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hope they patched that security hole that caused all the stolen credit card numbers before having this big sale

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Hope they patched that security hole that caused all the stolen credit card numbers before having this big sale

That's a really good point. Maybe sign up with PayPal if you're going to take advantage of the offer.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Memento posted:

That's a really good point. Maybe sign up with PayPal if you're going to take advantage of the offer.

To do the offer, you have to use paypal

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I see they still send you your e-mail password in plaintext though!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Still floored that Dave was once receptive to criticism of his spelling.

Todd's book reviews are great when he really hates something. Check the archives for the Dick Slater and Bruce Buffer reviews.

My favorite part of Dave's explanation about the Observor thing was how adamant he was that he knew how to spell it, he just wanted to be cool and different.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The credit card processing screen is definitely different, hopefully they've made changes to their procedure. I definitely have always used a credit card instead of a debit since that happened. As someone who's gotten defrauded both ways it's a lot better when it's on a credit card and you just tell the company it wasn't you rather than having got go through your bank to retrieve several thousand dollars that was stolen.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LordPants posted:

LORD PANTS UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO WRESTLING OBSERVER

If I get the days wrong it's because I'm in a different time zone. Also, they go up at like midnight on some days making them technically the day after.

Monday Night - After Raw there is Observer Radio where Dave and Bryan go over the Raw and the news. This is obviously a pro click.

Tuesday - Bryan, Vinny and Craig show - Bryan, Bryan's Friend Vince and Bryan's Friend Craig go over Raw. They also play songs and it's generally looser than Observer radio. They've also been going over old Nitros which has been fun and funny. I think of this as a pro click, mileage may vary.

Wednesday - Todd and Bryan show. Todd Martin is a super fan who called in enough and got his own show with Bryan. People generally find Todd insufferable and his opinions stupid, however, he used to do Reviews of MMA and Wrestling books and these were amazing (MOTHERFUCKER, IT'S TIIIIIMEEEEE!!!). He's currently going over old issues of the Wrestling Observor newsletter.

Bryan also does the Lucha show and the Lance show that alternate weekly. The Lucha show is with "Dr Lucha" Steve Sims and occasionally "Cubsfan" (Cubsfan is a person, who runs Luchablog). Dr Lucha is great and you only need to know a cursory amount about Lucha to be into it because the poo poo that goes down in Mexico is usually so loving crazy that it's a fun listen regardless. Lance Storm needs no introduction, but it should be noted he's very politically incorrect in his insults, is often convinced of how right he is on any topic, and also holds really stupid positions which he defends (I don't watch MMA because steroids, but I watch WWE because I am a wrestler...) So basically, he's like every kooky ex-wrestler. I think this is a good show but I only listen if it's on a topic i'm interested.

Thursday - The Thursday Observer Radio of the week, this one is looser because there's often less (but sometimes more) news to cover and this is the one that has more questions answered. There is also the Thursday Bryan and Vinny show, and this is is the one with Bryan's grandmother on for the first half hour. Some people swear by the granny segment, some people skip it, it's up to you. This show is the one that they review Impact on, and as such used to be the goldmine for Bryan flipping his lid on Impact. They also run competitions and play lots of songs like "Stink Was Wronk" and "Undertaker's Dong" :allears:

Friday - After Dark Radio - Bryan does supernatural stuff. I've never listened to it but it is a thing that exists.

Weekend - Every Sunday there is Wrestling Observer Live with Bryan and Mike Sempervive. Mike is cool and I like him, this show is an actual radio show so expect lots of interuptions with lead ins and outros every "block" or so. They generally shoot the poo poo about wrestling and MMA and preview any WWE PPV or review a UFC PPV if there has been one. I don't listen to this at all, because by the time it goes up whatever they are previewing has been done, and if there was a UFC event there would have already been an Observer Radio.

If there is a UFC or WWE even, there'll be an Observer Radio covering that as well. If there has been a major NJWP there is Sin Limente which is Dave and Mike and covers Puro and is generally far more free wheeling and can go something like three hours with like 1000 questions answered. These are great and always a pro click. I think if there isn't a UFC or WWE show there'll be a weekend show regardless, usually question heavy.

Finally there is the weekend Bryan and Vinny show, where they cover any PPV, Smackdown and NXT. For me another pro click.

Plus everyweek there is usually some interview with someone. If is Bryan and Dave it'll be "Observer Radio with (guest)". If it is just Bryan it'll be "F4Daily with (guest)". Although, sometimes Bryan will introduce a guest and Dave won't talk for like 15 minutes and then surprise you with some question.

If something big happens there'll be a Breaking News Audio on the topic. If there is a big event they'll often do a show after that instead of a normal thursday or weekend show (like an investor conference for WWE or whatever)

Plus, there is Adam & Mike Big Audio Nightmare, Karl Stern, Five Star Radio and that one with that guy who is old and used to work Smoky Mountain Wrestling. I don't listen to any of those so someone else can clue you in to those.

Finally, there are enough subscribers here that will probably post something like "Show (whatever) is a pro listen" so you'll normally not miss any good poo poo keeping up to date with this thread.

The second observer radio is late Wednesday night and Todd is usually on Thursdays.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Save the Todd and Lance shows for when you need to go to sleep really quickly.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I've subscribed to the site since 07 and I have been steadfast in my decisions to never listen to a Todd or Lance show.

Also going through the archives anything with Konnan is worth listening as he is incredulous towards Bryan's complete lack of pop culture awareness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"I want to hear what bryan thinks "

- konnnan

• Locked thread