Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Rough Lobster posted:

Ugh I hate Charlie Brown. I'm baffled as to why its even popular. I know, I know I'm probably that goon but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Or you know, the very first one.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Early Peanuts is good

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I don't understand Peanuts either. I think it might be an American thing that doesn't travel very well.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There's nothing really to get other than very slight newspaper comic strip jokes.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

MikeJF posted:

I really wish Jurassic World had done an in-universe marketing approach for the teaser phase.
Well hey you're in luck!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Marcia Gay Harden is was to appropriate a name to be associated with this movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rough Lobster posted:

Ugh I hate Charlie Brown. I'm baffled as to why its even popular. I know, I know I'm probably that goon but still.

If it makes you feel better, I love Peanuts, but I'm pretty sure the movie is going to be terrible.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Inherent Vice banner

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The MSJ posted:

New Inherent Vice banner

It's probably my own fault for being half stoned or drunk everytime I picked up the novel, but I don't remember there being that number of people in the book.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Skwirl posted:

It's probably my own fault for being half stoned or drunk everytime I picked up the novel, but I don't remember there being that number of people in the book.

There's like a million characters in the book. I read it over the course of a few days and had to flip back to remind myself who was who.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Peanuts is definitely more for adults then kids

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Unrelated Poster Six... No wait, Seven-Pack:

AMMMMANNNDDDDA!

More like Lazy Eye of Dragon, am I right?

Because Sean Connery COST too much...

Richard Hatch is posing like it's a musical. Oh PLEASE, let this be a musical!

Zomblacksploitation!

Okay, this one freaks me out. Can we get a less surreal poster?

Much better.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Okay, this one freaks me out. Can we get a less surreal poster?

This poster rules. I wonder what the film's about...

imdb posted:

A neurosurgeon with a cheating wife takes an amnesiac into his home and conditions him to believe that the cheating wife is his own and to take the "appropriate" action.

:stare:

edit: oh god it's by the director of The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane. Smilies can't express my feelings about that movie.

The Time Dissolver fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 29, 2014

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Unrelated Poster Six... No wait, Seven-Pack:

Because Sean Connery COST too much...

Is that stud coming?

Wait, poo poo was that Danger Diabolik?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The MSJ posted:

New Inherent Vice banner

That's not really the right character to represent Judas

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shoehead posted:

Is that stud coming?

Wait, poo poo was that Danger Diabolik?

But they mocked this movie anyway in MST3K so you're not far off. I remember one detail in that episode that they had the original Miss Moneypenny and M be in it too to give it more 'credibility'.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Rirse posted:

But they mocked this movie anyway in MST3K so you're not far off. I remember one detail in that episode that they had the original Miss Moneypenny and M be in it too to give it more 'credibility'.

I just watched that episode a couple of days ago, it was called 'Operation Double 007'. Was Neil Connery in a whole string of fake James Bond movies?

Edit: apparently not. " O.K. Connery is a 1967 Italian Eurospy spoof of the James Bond series of films. It was retitled Operation Kid Brother in the United States and is also known as Operation Double 007 and Secret Agent 00. The overall plot of the film is that England’s best secret agent is not available, so his younger brother is brought in to defeat the evil crime syndicate THANATOS. O.K. Connery is notable in that a number of actors from the James Bond series appear as similar characters."

victorious fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 29, 2014

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Richard Hatch is posing like it's a musical. Oh PLEASE, let this be a musical!

Calling a white vigilante with a shotgun the Ghetto Blaster seems like something you'd find on Stormfront these days.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The RLM guys did that movie for one of their videos and it turns out to be really boring.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this? posted:

The RLM guys did that movie for one of their videos and it turns out to be really boring.

Sounds like a perfect fit for them, then :mmmsmug:

From the 90s video store thread in GBS:

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

davidspackage posted:

I look at that cast and I think, goddamn why don't they teach you about movies like this in school?

Because unfortunately it's not a very good movie, just sit back and enjoy the great poster.
I'm not sure how this quoting mechanic is supposed to work but we're talking about Killer Force.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The first Angel is a really weird movie.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

67: Behold the glorious majesty of Seasonal Films' English language releases
I genuinely love all of these movies and will fight anyone who says a bad thing about any one of them (except for American Shaolin which suuuucks)

No Retreat, No Surrender

In which our hero is trained by the ghost of Bruce Lee.
Played by this guy(?!)

No Retreat, No Surrender 2: Raging Thunder

No Retreat, No Surrender 3: Blood Brothers

The perfect movie to play "Spot the Asian Stuntman"

the King of the Kickboxers

and here's my DVD copy, you can tell it's a DVD because it says so right in the middle of the cover

American Shaolin: King of the Kickboxers II

"Boooooooooo!"

Superfights

I can't help feeling that Miami Connection somehow stole Superfight's reputation

Unfortunately not even Superfights is immune to the dreaded "Fan Poster"

Bloodmoon

Somebody on Amazon really likes Gary Daniels

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The first Angel is a really weird movie.

I watched all 4 of these last week for the first time. It's very strange but it had a great soundtrack. The movie poster makes you think she turns into a Death Wish type vigilante, but she actually does a lousy job and other people end up actually killing the bad guys and saving the day. As for that Angel 4 cover, nothing in that is close to accurate.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That poster is the first I'm learning that there are sequels. Are the other 3 even remotely worth watching?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That poster is the first I'm learning that there are sequels. Are the other 3 even remotely worth watching?

Maybe the second one. It's basically a re-hash of the first one. The third and fourth are worse than the worst TV movies you'd find on USA Up All Night.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I know it's old news to most, but Skyscraper's existence is justified by this outtake reel of Anna Nicole Smith stoned out of her gourd and the exasperated film crew trying to drag this thing to the finish line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4l-1JFW59A

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Erebus posted:

I know it's old news to most, but Skyscraper's existence is justified by this outtake reel of Anna Nicole Smith stoned out of her gourd and the exasperated film crew trying to drag this thing to the finish line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4l-1JFW59A

That was the first thing I thought of.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Maybe the second one. It's basically a re-hash of the first one. The third and fourth are worse than the worst TV movies you'd find on USA Up All Night.

Lord knows they're all on Youtube so maybe I'll check out the second. The first one is like most of the way to being a real movie.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wasn't Skyscraper used in commercial for Ameritrade or eTrade? I remember they'd show that in movie theaters with a guy watching a trailer for that movie and dumping all his Trimark stock.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That was the first thing I thought of.

Lord knows they're all on Youtube so maybe I'll check out the second. The first one is like most of the way to being a real movie.

Surprisingly the 4th one is on Amazon Prime.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Zomblacksploitation!

I like this movie a lot. It's not good, but it's so much fun.

"An Andy Sidaris film"

Well, of course it is. Just like all of these movies are:

I think it's safe to say that Andy Sidaris knew what he liked in his movies.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

ShufflerZero posted:

Superfights

I can't help feeling that Miami Connection somehow stole Superfight's reputation

That comment sent me DIRECTLY to YouTube to find this movie.

Although if it's crazier or cheesier than this flick we watched on Friday, I'll be impressed.

Seriously, the most fun bad flick I've seen in months.

(Although Andy Sidaris flicks are equally enjoyable, if watched with a group of friends and a LOT of alcohol.)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I just can't get past his crop sweater.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

gently caress yeah, I remember seeing the Barbarians on HBO back when I was a little kid. 10 year old me thought it was awesome.

(huge)

Twin sitters, not so much.

They did a trucker movie too. Jesus gently caress those heads!

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

I actually kind of want to watch this.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

God bless whoever came up with "All for one and guns for all".

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Huh, wild, those are some amazingly mid-late-80s styles. I....wait a minute.

Yep, it's a GBS movie.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

That comment sent me DIRECTLY to YouTube to find this movie.

Although if it's crazier or cheesier than this flick we watched on Friday, I'll be impressed.

Seriously, the most fun bad flick I've seen in months.

(Although Andy Sidaris flicks are equally enjoyable, if watched with a group of friends and a LOT of alcohol.)

I unironically love Ninja III: The Domination. As soon as I found out it was going to be on Blu-ray, I pre-ordered it on Amazon. It's bad, but that's a given since it's a Cannon Group film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MrBling posted:

I actually kind of want to watch this.

I'm calling bullshit, none of those guns are muskets.

(Ten year old me was also confused why the original 3 Musketeers were called that when the mostly just fought with swords)