Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Tunicate posted:

I have about 5k zen to throw around. I've already grabbed a bunch of services (inventory slots and stuff), along with the vandal.

Any other must-haves? Thinking of getting the valdore, but I don't fly a lot of warbirds.

Clothes are a good choice if you have everything else you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I just want a lobi space gear sale but it's been like a year and a half since they had one of those.

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.
So.. I am the luckiest goon today. I bought 40 bucks of Zen. Traded it for keys. Got enough ec selling most to buy a wells temporal science . Had three keys left. Opened three temporal lock boxes. Got another temporal science vessel.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Fresh from Olivia's giveaway website: stolivia.com

olivia posted:

FYI, Trollgate continues. Here are a few helpful tips to help you deal with this troll.

[Snip - stupid bullshit]

In a time where online bullying and Gamergate is going on, it amazes me that Cryptic is not doing more to rid the game of people that behave this way. My friend and I have requested an interview with their PR department. They have not responded and I do not expect them to. I am working on an article outlining the major flaws in their privacy system and their non action on what is obviously detrimental to the game community.

There is an article on the way, sure to capture the hearts and minds of the internet, no doubt.

Edit: Also, constantly spamming Smirk and LaughingTrendy with tweets: https://twitter.com/Executive_Emily/with_replies

quote:

He is taking to harassing us like it is sport. This is starting to turn criminal now. @PWECaptainSmirk

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 29, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Furiously posted:

So.. I am the luckiest goon today. I bought 40 bucks of Zen. Traded it for keys. Got enough ec selling most to buy a wells temporal science . Had three keys left. Opened three temporal lock boxes. Got another temporal science vessel.

Motherffffffff

gimmie

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Motherffffffff

gimmie

No, me

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Goat Pillager posted:

Clothes are a good choice if you have everything else you want.

I prefer ships that are fun to fly (which is why I'm not getting a scim). How are the T6s in that regard?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tunicate posted:

I prefer ships that are fun to fly (which is why I'm not getting a scim). How are the T6s in that regard?

Depends what you think is 'fun'.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Get a BoP and make a torp bop. Once you get a good setup on it its a lot of fun in kerrat, just fly around and blow people up.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
This was "hot" on Google+.

quote:

And while I'm talking Trek, I thought I'd share one major problem with Star Trek online that has nothing to do with any game bugs or balance issues. Those are fairly minor and don't seem to be impacting my fun thus far.

No, my one issue with STO and what may eventually cause me to stop playing is the community. 

Somewhat naively, I think, I had a subconscious assumption that Star Trek fans would be the kind of people who liked the ideals of the Star Trek universe. Embracing diversity, rising above prejudice and casual ignorance, etc.

Man, I was so, so wrong. In the couple of months I've been playing, I've seen literal neo-nazis, ship and character names that are blatantly racist, homophobic and/or misogynistic, abilist or just plain mean. 

The forums are overrun with a kind of negativity that I've never seen before, not even in World of Warcraft, and the Earth Spacedock chat is ... well, I keep it minimized, because I don't need to see what is usually going on there. Stuff like 'gays+shotgun to the face=happy' and comments on the whole Ferguson situation that I can't even repeat without flinching.

Maybe I'm spoiled. The MMOs I've invested in emotionally before had great communities for the most part. City of Heroes and The Secret World seemed to attract a different breed of player. A little older. A little more tolerant. A little less willing to put up with scum and villainy.

But STO is ... not that. In terms of actually dealing with other players on a social level, it seems like a race to see just how low and horrible people can be and that tends to wear my enthusiasm down.

So much for IDIC.
(http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IDIC for you non-Star Trek nerds out there.)

https://plus.google.com/112539429469437111274/posts/1m1khj66hgv

:gowron:

In before #DukatWasRight

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I played all of those games he talked about and there was far worse than anything I have seen in sto. I guess the lack of servers means he can't flee to the least populous one?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Interesting. Apparently 'warcraft' gets sniped by STO's bad word filter on the forums.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Tunicate posted:

Interesting. Apparently 'warcraft' gets sniped by STO's bad word filter on the forums.

Yeah, that's been in place for awhile now.

Edit: From the "Trollgate" thread:

Nabreeki posted:

Maybe I should just borrow a name from a singer, grab someone else's photo off facebook, post it as myself so STO players will think I'm an IRL woman, and make a spring.me, twitter, and website so people can please just focus on the COMMUNITY and not me nor my vanity projects on an online game. Remember: it's not about ME nor is it about the fake identity I created to get people to NOTICE ME, it's about the COMMUNITY

#Trollgate #Gamergate

olivia posted:

Okay, I think I know where this is going. Bye, Nabreeki.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 29, 2014

HouseMD
Nov 29, 2014
Posting for an invite into thenextgooneration, name is greene@greene7cav

HouseMD fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 29, 2014

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

HouseMD posted:

Posting for an invite into thenextgooneration, name is greene@green7cav

Sponsoring this pubbie. He is IRL BFF. Sponsor is @sonicshower.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

system protocol posted:

Sponsoring this pubbie. He is IRL BFF. Sponsor is @sonicshower.

Some kind of BFF you are making him play sto with us. :colbert:

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Aleth posted:

Some kind of BFF you are making him play sto with us. :colbert:

He already was playing otherwise I would have told him to gently caress off.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DonDoodles posted:

Saw that, what a priceless ending. Well played, well played.

whats the haps yo
Feb 25, 2009

I am the Emperor, and I want dumplings.

Korgan posted:

You're invited to the channel.

I never actually got this invite. Do I just really not know what I'm doing or did I give you the wrong info? My character name is Lhaes but my @ i think is @tyvelir, would that be why? Almost up to level 50 at this point, kind of losing sight of what I'm supposed to be doing, seemed like the Romulan storyline kind of ran out of gas at level 40 and then I've just been doing random missions with no context.

VV. I tried manually joining the channel, it said I didn't have permission to.

whats the haps yo fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 30, 2014

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

you have to manually join the channel

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

HouseMD posted:

Posting for an invite into thenextgooneration, name is greene@greene7cav

You're in.

No One You Admire posted:

I never actually got this invite. Do I just really not know what I'm doing or did I give you the wrong info? My character name is Lhaes but my @ i think is @tyvelir, would that be why? Almost up to level 50 at this point, kind of losing sight of what I'm supposed to be doing, seemed like the Romulan storyline kind of ran out of gas at level 40 and then I've just been doing random missions with no context.

VV. I tried manually joining the channel, it said I didn't have permission to.

Haha, yep, that'd do it. I've invited @tyvelir, if that still doesn't work get yourself to a ground map, then rightclick your character portrait in the top left of the screen. That'll show your character@handle and you can just post your @handle in here.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

game. set. match.

very very nice

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I just looked under the "Promotions" tab in the c-store and saw a couple of things that gave me some lobi, three master keys and a delta flyer shuttle and pet. I don't recall hearing anything about any such promotion so if you're as oblivious as me you should take a look.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Olivia now believes that Dentals are behind the spamming, and "trollgate."

In response to one of Railrokh's posts:

quote:

Now I am sure who the mystery troll(s) is.

quote:

So back on topic, I have updated my ticket with more info for them. I am thinking that the holiday weekend had some people off so hopefully I can get a response by Monday.

Congrats to Railrokh, Aleth, and anyone else posting in that thread -- we're all getting banned as soon as Cryptic begins their work day tomorrow.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 10, 2014

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Oh God I haven't played in about 2 years what the gently caress is this game now? Everything looks different I got everything reimbursed I gained like 20 achievements just by logging on and I don't even know how to navigate Earth Spacedock anymore WHAT DO I DO??!?!?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DonDoodles posted:

Congrats to Railrokh, Aleth, Druk, and anyone else posting in that thread -- we're all getting banned as soon as Cryptic begins their work day tomorrow.

Oh no, whatever shall we do? :sadwave:

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009
Invite me to channel please, name is Michelle'Obama@TomBruise

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Aleth posted:

Oh no, whatever shall we do? :sadwave:

But I just wanted to shoot space bad guys.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Tom Steele posted:

Invite me to channel please, name is Michelle'Obama@TomBruise

You're in.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DonDoodles posted:

In response to one of Railrokh's posts:

Congrats to Railrokh, Aleth, Druk, and anyone else posting in that thread -- we're all getting banned as soon as Cryptic begins their work day tomorrow.

Totally looking forward to my ban, I mean how dare I experiment with how pubbies react to polite, dimplomatic, and rational responses and answers.

Predictably the outcome so far is it repeatedly going over their head entirely.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Soviet Commubot posted:

I just looked under the "Promotions" tab in the c-store and saw a couple of things that gave me some lobi, three master keys and a delta flyer shuttle and pet. I don't recall hearing anything about any such promotion so if you're as oblivious as me you should take a look.

I had a Polytrinic Acid Horta, which strangely enough didn't conflict with the supposedly unique Polytrinic Acid Horta I already had on all my characters. Oh well, more pets for my boffs.

AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

Well Kids it is official WE ARE GETTING BANNED.

Our Developer friends and Mods have tried their best and are no longer able to keep this from coming down the pipe. PWE has brought down the hammer. Our Sources are telling us that this could be in effect as soon as Monday, but they may wait as long as the next patch. All NoP, Dentals, AND WESLEYs are to be banned. Changing fleets now won't help, all the logs have been taken of our rosters. However, on a side note, we have a contact that can add to that list up to the last min. of the ban. So a few of our most esteemed friends have been added and still can be added.

We Dentist have had a long and proud history and we could have had no better end. It has been an honor to troll with you. I guess I won't most likely kick you in the morning.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Please don't get banned before I'm done with DA:I, guys.

I have no one else to carry me through STFs, and personally this just seems very selfish of you to act so irresponsibly like this.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

AcidCouch posted:

Well Kids it is official WE ARE GETTING BANNED.

Our Developer friends and Mods have tried their best and are no longer able to keep this from coming down the pipe. PWE has brought down the hammer. Our Sources are telling us that this could be in effect as soon as Monday, but they may wait as long as the next patch. All NoP, Dentals, AND WESLEYs are to be banned. Changing fleets now won't help, all the logs have been taken of our rosters. However, on a side note, we have a contact that can add to that list up to the last min. of the ban. So a few of our most esteemed friends have been added and still can be added.

We Dentist have had a long and proud history and we could have had no better end. It has been an honor to troll with you. I guess I won't most likely kick you in the morning.

Check the leaks page for details on the coming banwave, and how to get your account back.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Preechr posted:

Check the leaks page for details on the coming banwave, and how to get your account back.

No loving way I'm jumping through those hoops just to play a dumb Star Trek game. See you goons on the other side.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

I've finally registered for the wiki after fumbling in the game for with the name virion

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 1, 2014

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Virion posted:

I've finally registered for the wiki after fumbling in the game for with the name virion

Stay out of the guild if you haven't registered.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

loving #trollgate. Well, it was a good run, I guess.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Preechr posted:

Bribing the CMs to get unbanned? This is why #trollgate is about ethics in MMOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Virion posted:

You've been added.

Unguided posted:

Bribing the CMs to get unbanned? This is why #trollgate is about ethics in MMOs.

It's not so much of a bribe as it is a deal.

• Locked thread