Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Retail Slave posted:

My son:

"I wish there was an app that you could hook up to your bladder and it would tell you when your bladder's full." He had to pee at the time.

Millennials.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Retail Slave posted:

My son:

"I wish there was an app that you could hook up to your bladder and it would tell you when your bladder's full." He had to pee at the time.

One day we'll have this, I bet money on it. In the future we'll have cyborgs walking around with implants hooked up wirelessly to their smartphone, and one of the things we'll use it for is checking our piss levels.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Slime posted:

One day we'll have this, I bet money on it. In the future we'll have cyborgs walking around with implants hooked up wirelessly to their smartphone, and one of the things we'll use it for is checking our piss levels.

Of course. We'll also use it to check how much we've farted.

Westie
May 30, 2013

Baboon Simulator

Slime posted:

This is a better idea than you realise. There are people out there that cannot feel anything. Like, they HAVE to go to the toilet every half hour because they never know when they need to do the business, etc.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Slime posted:

Bladder 56% full. Urination: recommended, but not required.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006

Retail Slave posted:

My son:

Kid's going places, I want to buy that.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Bladdr.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Of course. We'll also use it to check how much we've farted.

Imagine a microtransaction-filled freemium game where you're given in-game money each time you fart, or alternatively you can just buy the in-game money. In a certain economic sense, you are literally purchasing your own farts.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Noctis Horrendae posted:

Bladder 56% full. Urination: recommended, but not required.

Pay $1.29 to reset your daily counter for urinations! $2.50 for unlimited urination attempts.

Dubh
Jan 16, 2009
Kid's going to make a fortune with iPiss.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dubh posted:

Kid's going to make a fortune with iPiss.

He told my wife tonight that he's going to make lightbulbs that run on farts.

I think I have some sort of bodily function tech mogul on my hands.

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
Today was my niece's 3rd birthday, and the whole day had been chock full of cuteness. She started her day singing in her bed about how she was three now, followed by sincerely thanking and kissing everyone who said "Happy birthday" to her.

She then got her cake with a single candle. When asked to make a wish, she leaned in, whispered "I love you little candle" then blew it out. She wished for pudding. When asked why, she said "it isnt a party without pudding!"

At some point I ended up being put in time-out. She told me she loved me, but that i didnt listen to her mommy (about going after the frosting on her cake), and that i had to go to my room for twenty minutes. The kid is a constant joy.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
From a kid getting off an airplane in cold weather, asked if he wanted to put on a coat. "I don't need a coat, I'm hardcore!"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Nekodoshi posted:

"it isnt a party without pudding!"

Your niece and I have similar views on life.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Nekodoshi posted:

Today was my niece's 3rd birthday, and the whole day had been chock full of cuteness. She started her day singing in her bed about how she was three now, followed by sincerely thanking and kissing everyone who said "Happy birthday" to her.

She then got her cake with a single candle. When asked to make a wish, she leaned in, whispered "I love you little candle" then blew it out. She wished for pudding. When asked why, she said "it isnt a party without pudding!"

At some point I ended up being put in time-out. She told me she loved me, but that i didnt listen to her mommy (about going after the frosting on her cake), and that i had to go to my room for twenty minutes. The kid is a constant joy.

Your niece owns.

I heard a kid in a supermarket whining for a cupcake or something and his mother told him no, to which he loudly protested, "But I love you!"

:3:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Your niece owns.

I heard a kid in a supermarket whining for a cupcake or something and his mother told him no, to which he loudly protested, "But I love you!"

In a similar vein, but much more tantrumy, at the Lego store last night I witnessed a boy maybe about 5 years old throwing a fit because his dad would not buy him a set as they had only come in to browse. The tantrum ran the gamut from wailing "PLEASE" over and over, to falling to his knees and holding his hands up as if he was praying to his father. The golden moment came when he started punching his dad in the butt out of frustration and interspersing it with "I love you, daddy, PLEEEEASE!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Reminds me of years ago when I saw a kid a the video store begging his dad for candy and the only reasoning he had for why they should buy it was "But I LIKE these!!" which he chanted over and over.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Your niece owns.

"Teacher, give me candy."

"Nope."

"teacher, PLEASE give me candy."

"Nope."

"Teacher, please, please, please, you are so beautiful, I LOVE YOU, PLEASE I very very love you, give me a candy PLEASE I LOVE YOU!"

"Still no."

*Korean cussing* not really)

...it's still (mostly) kind of endearing.

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

There students I was substitute teaching for were telling me how they remembered me from the year before or earlier in the year and then one chimed in "I saw you in the Target bathroom!"

It was true, but that caught me off guard.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
Sometime last week one of the three-year-olds I teach came up to me, absolutely proud as punch, and we had the following exchange.

:3: Mr Ca'wexio?
:) Yeah, buddy?
:3: I DIDDA POO INNA TOILET!
:) YEAH!?
:3: YEH!

Just so, so proud of himself. He is completely adorable pretty much all the time.

qerina
May 5, 2007
I was driving somewhere with my 10 year old nephew when out of nowhere he says: "There are boys your age who like My Little Pony. They're called bronies." And then very softly he says: "I just don't understand that..."

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
Kid's a genius

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

qerina posted:

I was driving somewhere with my 10 year old nephew when out of nowhere he says: "There are boys your age who like My Little Pony. They're called bronies." And then very softly he says: "I just don't understand that..."

He's seen too much.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I saw a little girl and her mom at Target the other day shopping in the toy section. Out of nowhere, this conversation happened:

Girl: I'm going to freeze everyone! With my ICE POWERS! I can freeze EVERYONE IN THE WORLD!
Mom: .... Are you being Elsa?
Girl: Yeah!

Disney princess movies aren't what they used to be. :allears:

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

5 year old son:
Tell Santa I want a driver license and a red Audi. A real one, not a toy! And a gold watch!

I don't see where he gets this from. Champagne wishes on a potted meat budget.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
My 5yo son is just full of WTF lately.

After splashing water all over the floor while in the tub...

Boy: Mommy, do you still love me?

Wife: Of course.

Boy: Would you love me no matter what?

Wife: Yep.

Boy: Even if I cut you into pieces?

Wife: Uh... I guess so, but I'd rather you didn't.

Boy (reassuringly): Don't worry, Mommy. I won't cut you into pieces. *pauses thoughtfully* I don't have anything sharp enough.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My son (he of the future bladder app):

"I can't wait until I die." :psyduck:

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
This thread got real dark

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

To contribute to the darkness:

ME: So, what are you going to do this weekend?
5TH GRADER: Maybe my father will hit me.
ME: Oh. Merry Christmas.
5TH GRADER: It's my very good Christmas present.

I wish I could explain to him why that's not actually funny, but the beauty of this job is being allowed to laugh when the kids say off-color stuff.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

bringmyfishback posted:

To contribute to the darkness:

ME: So, what are you going to do this weekend?
5TH GRADER: Maybe my father will hit me.
ME: Oh. Merry Christmas.
5TH GRADER: It's my very good Christmas present.

I wish I could explain to him why that's not actually funny, but the beauty of this job is being allowed to laugh when the kids say off-color stuff.

Congrats on being lovely at your job! :bravo:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Congrats on being lovely at your job! :bravo:

How much Korean do you speak? He doesn't speak much English. I'm of the mind that I should be encouraging them to communicate in English as much as possible, even if what they say is rude or a little surprising. Also, that's not even close to the worst thing I've heard a kid say. Pick your battles, friend. And take further accusations to PM, please.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 02:03 on Dec 12, 2014

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Also I'm told it's socially acceptable for TEACHERS to hit kids in Korea, let alone their own parents.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Sex Hobbit posted:

Also I'm told it's socially acceptable for TEACHERS to hit kids in Korea, let alone their own parents.

Technically illegal, but that doesn't stop most of my coworkers. I actually had to ask a Korean co-teacher to leave the classroom last week because she snapped and started whaling on this kid with her pointer. She was most surprised by my reaction.

In any case, if his parents were abusing him, I doubt he'd joke about it. But I know my students and you guys don't, so I could see how it might be a cause for concern if you don't know much about teaching here.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
My girlfriend's nephew (age 5) sat next to me at lunch a few weeks ago. I mentioned that after lunch we were going home. He really wanted to come home with us, so I told him one weekend he could come to the city and stay with us.

Nephew: ok, but do you know where I live?

Me: yes...

Nephew: ok, so can you drive me home?

Then the next weekend he DID get to come home with us. We are boring and don't have a tv or video games, so he played on his Kindle Fire and watched a bunch of trailers for movies.

Nephew: Have you heard of this guy Indiana Jones?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
My friend posted this on Facebook this morning regarding her five year old son.

Son: hey mom, there's your penis thing.

Mom: uhh, what?

Son: I mean, your vagina thing. (Pointing at a tampon that fell out of her bag)

Mom: oh, thanks bud.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
5 year old daughter had a weird look on her face while she was sniffing her towel after her shower.

Me: What are you doing?
Her: Smell this!

So I do, doesn't smell like anything to me.

Me: What does it smell like?
Her: Wet towel! :D

She continued to sniff it for awhile after that. I have no idea what's going on.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
When my youngest kid was given a piece of candy on a holiday for the first time (starburst; for those not familiar, think super soft taffy), she asked "juice cheese?" without any prompting. This was back when her vocabulary could probably be measured in the dozens of words, so it really blew my mind.

I'd already decided to be one of those ultra liberal parents that just treats a kid as a mini adult instead of saying things like "I'll tell you when you're older" or "because I said so", and her just putting the words together like that really solidified the decision, it was sold proof that she was already really thinking and analyzing everything, I hate that I'm the only person in the family that remembers it

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Sentient Data posted:

When my youngest kid was given a piece of candy on a holiday for the first time (starburst; for those not familiar, think super soft taffy), she asked "juice cheese?" without any prompting. This was back when her vocabulary could probably be measured in the dozens of words, so it really blew my mind.

Your kid is a frigging genius. That's the best thing I've heard in a long time.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Forgive me, but it reminds me of Koko the gorilla and her neologisms like "finger-bracelet" (for "ring"), "scratch-comb" (for "brush"), and "eye-hat" (for "mask"). That innovative way of creating new vocab from whatever words you have laying around is very cool. (This could also have been where German came from.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
The Germans do that too! Mittens? Nah. These are Hand-Shoes!