Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Ah yes, the award for the most BAL kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

sba posted:

this is for when you finish top 3 right?

if i ever finish top three I'll let you know

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

versus posted:

You don't say? :v:

If I hadn't known it was hardcore, I wouldn't thought they'd snuck in the 870. The sheer range I was killed from was impressive.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

What other guns are good in hardcore? I'm talking impressively good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
That SMG with the tube and Danger Close.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Spoon Man posted:

Dubstep shotgun kills in one hit at an absurd range in hardcore.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

How do I unlock this.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Top 100 in ranked

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
So you dont.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I have a new goal.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Your eyes become boobs, so yes I need it

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Zombie Boat posted:

So you dont.

Just wait until everyone stops playing this game and starts saying last year's game was better and abuse the lower population numbers.

Though the way people talked about Ghosts and the fact that some of you seem to derive actual joy out of playing this game suggests that may not be the viable strategy it has been since Black Ops.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'm streaming my continued shotgun grinding efforts if you want to make fun of me

http://www.twitch.tv/spazmasterx

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Rei_ posted:

Ah yes, the award for the most BAL kills.

BALler Loadout

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Spoon, I guess you can take me out of BOYS. I'm going to trade this game in for something else I'm going to actually enjoy playing. Maybe the next Treyarch COD will actually be enjoyable to me again (I was never a fan of Infinity ward's.

I might rent it at some point in the future, but for now I'll be doing something else.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Spoon Man posted:

The ARX160 which is the worst gun imaginable in normal is tremendous in HC.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Spoon Man posted:

MK14, pretty much any shotgun (I prefer bulldog), MP11, off the top of my head. Pistols (except the Grach, imho).

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Multi-kill medals are such bullshit

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Spoon Man posted:

I've been using the MDL on HC Dom.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Spoon Man posted:

If you're doing HC Dom on Detroit, the NA-45 is hilarious. You can shoot both rounds through the little slits high on the middle point box and wipe everyone inside it without ever exposing yourself to fire.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Probad posted:

If you're doing HC Dom on Detroit, the NA-45 is hilarious. You can shoot both rounds through the little slits high on the middle point box and wipe everyone inside it without ever exposing yourself to fire.

Does danger close affect the rounds from that thing? Because that could be magnificent. Be the only explosive you can replenish with scavenger also.

Advanced Voldofare is here.

Shannow fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 2, 2014

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Shannow posted:

Does danger close affect the rounds from that thing? Because that could be magnificent. Be the only explosive you can replenish with scavenger also.

I think so. I have a +3 Damage variant, and I haven't bothered to test if Danger Close is overkill with that or not.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Shannow posted:

Advanced Voldofare is here.

I knew it reminded me of something

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Javes and I are on. if we show offline send msg and will invite

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GET MY BELT SON posted:

can someone tell coyote to stop posting plox
Oh dang, am I threatening your post-count street cred? Maybe you ought to go toxx yourself and then re-reg like the other lunatics from Oregoons tend to act. :allears:

quote:

IM DAY DAY IRL 105
GET MY BELT SON 101
coyo7e 88
I honestly expected to be way higher on post-count ITT than I was.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

hey guys I'm in Oregon!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

coyo7e posted:

Oh dang, am I threatening your post-count street cred? Maybe you ought to go toxx yourself and then re-reg like the other lunatics from Oregoons tend to act. :allears:

I honestly expected to be way higher on post-count ITT than I was.

don't talk poo poo about oregon

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

anybody else running the same?

on my capping/die 40 times a game loadout I run UAV support with extra time and that cool see through walls poo poo, booby trapped support care package (pubbies will open this on B at least once a game, or in a hilarious Riot game (gently caress Riot) once on C and once on A for double kills both times.) Oh and support sentry gun but that's usually a waste because blind eye is everywhere.

It's fun as it takes away from having to earn points and sacrifice sliding onto a point with SAC's firing wildly at nothing in particular.

Booby trapped care packages are the most rewarding scorestreak kill.

E: Also it is a god drat tactical nuke. I dropped one pretty much dead centre on A on Detroit, and decided to watch the person taking it from the building roof above. And when it blew him up I died on the roof. That's impressive range.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Dec 2, 2014

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

ZZ3AA PNCAV

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

quote:

Beachhead Studio has announced that the first Clan War for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will start this Friday, December 5th at 12PM PT and will end on Monday, December 8th at 12PM PT.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I have a full weekend without plans. poo poo's gonna get real.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I'll be on soon after start time on Friday for this clan war.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009
I really appreciate the game deciding its time to log off by breaking at some random point each night. Last night's was a new one - it's nice to have some variety. First it would randomly mute the players on my team (and tell me unable to unmute them when I tried) then it finally just locked up and showed all of my friends list as offline. Sweet.

How is the PS4 version - same problems?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I've never had that problem on the PS4, but most of the other problems on Xbox One the PS4 version has as well. It seems like the game has more glitches in Ground War then 6v6. Every couple of Ground War games my game will freeze for like 30 seconds and then continue on as if nothing happened.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

I've just bought a PS4 and AW. The last CoS I played was MW3 on the 360.

What do I need to know about the :pcgaming: next gen 1080p60 :pcgaming: world of CoD? Is it still full of quickscoping fuckheads? How the gently caress do points and loadouts and poo poo work in multiplayer? And what's the Akimbo 1887 / FMG-9 / danger close+scavenger dickhead combo of choice for multiplayer?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

I_Socom posted:

What do I need to know about the :pcgaming: next gen 1080p60 :pcgaming: world of CoD? Is it still full of quickscoping fuckheads? How the gently caress do points and loadouts and poo poo work in multiplayer? And what's the Akimbo 1887 / FMG-9 / danger close+scavenger dickhead combo of choice for multiplayer?

BAL-27. Alternatively a Grenade Launcher primary which I believe unlocks at level 27.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

I_Socom posted:

Probably the SAC-3 speed build. Basically akimbo SMG's (only ones in the game, i think?) and you want Gung Ho/Scavenger so you can shoot while sprinting and sliding. Then, mapvote Detroit and SMG your way to Prestige.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

The Merry Marauder posted:

Beachhead Studio has announced that the first Clan War for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will start this Friday, December 5th at 12PM PT and will end on Monday, December 8th at 12PM PT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6K7waag5Q

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
My :siren: GF :siren: must work for beachhead because why would you start a clan war when she has the weekend off and I can't play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Zombie Boat posted:

My :siren: GF :siren: must work for beachhead because why would you start a clan war when she has the weekend off and I can't play?

Get :siren: married :siren: and she'll want you to go away for most of the weekend and you can play all the time. It's pretty great/terrible when the game you want to play is incredibly broken.

• Locked thread