Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

Giantbomb loved it in their 4 out of 10 review, and that was before all the multiplayer problems :lol:

Lets hope GT7 can buck the trend

thats fine, but feel is a qualitative thing. i tried it out for one race at a friends who bought it (lol) and i like the handling model, or at least for the car i used. im not gonna buy it until ive played the ps+ version, even if it takes a year for it to come out. got plenty of other games to play in the meantime and im not super itching for a racer as i still have my 360 with forza 4 :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Crafty posted:

Please don't stare, I'm mentally ill

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

thats fine, but feel is a qualitative thing. i tried it out for one race at a friends who bought it (lol) and i like the handling model, or at least for the car i used. im not gonna buy it until ive played the ps+ version, even if it takes a year for it to come out. got plenty of other games to play in the meantime and im not super itching for a racer as i still have my 360 with forza 4 :shrug:

We are so glad you have such poor tastes. Thanks for posting, human being

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ethanol posted:

Kewpuh new thread title please

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

you shouldn't use that word, its not a good word and makes you look like a prick hope this helps

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Stux posted:

you shouldn't use that word, its not a good word and makes you look like a prick hope this helps

He thinks he's still on xbox live, just let it go. The ecosystem has him now.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Stux posted:

i still have my 360 with forza 4 :shrug:

play forza 4 with me some time bro, we can race on the multitude of awesome tracks they didn't put in forza 5

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Oh good I was i hoping cubivore had time to post about how much he hates and dislikes forza 5. Thank god. Oh and he's "bros" with stux. How cute

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ethanol posted:

Oh good I was i hoping cubivore had time to post about how much he hates and dislikes forza 5. Thank god. Oh and he's "bros" with stux. How cute

don't be mad that you are playing an inferior product to the one that is on an older system bro

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

ethanol posted:

Hahaha. Brothers in arms

At least forza 5 is not driveclub, that's what keeps me tickin :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am still laughing that forza 5 doesn't have maple valley, aka the best track in every forza game before it. but it's ok at least they gave you abu mother loving dhabi instead so you can putter around that borefest tilkedrome hellhole while contemplating whether slicing your wrists would be more fun

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Crafty posted:

Hahaha. Brothers in arms

At least forza 5 is not driveclub, that's what keeps me tickin :getin:

The saddest thing is cubivore's full monty nerd rage will never let him see that forza 5 is still an excellent game and what a tool he is about it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ethanol posted:

The saddest thing is cubivore's full monty nerd rage will never let him see that forza 5 is still an excellent game and what a tool he is about it

i've played it, the gameplay is fine but it has significantly less content than its predecessor and that is not ok.

i mean they loving removed car clubs, turn 10 doesn't get what made forza 4 such a perfect game. like the overall issue with forza 5 is that until that game, the series was constantly topping itself in every single way from one release to the next, forza 5 marked a step backwards and it is not as good of a game as forza 4 as a result.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 1, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cubey posted:

i've played it, the gameplay is fine but it has significantly less content than its predecessor and that is not ok.

i mean they loving removed car clubs, turn 10 doesn't get what made forza 4 such a perfect game.

yes thank you we all know cubivore as you have told us time and time again, it's missing some things from F4 but I still have spent more hours on it than any other xbone game and I still own F4 thanks, and car clubs are back in for fh2

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Cubey posted:

i mean they loving removed car clubs, turn 10 doesn't get what made forza 4 such a perfect game.

It's pretty obvious that it was rushed for console launch day.

It was in the same position as driveclub in that regard, neither game was fully ready come the PS4 and Xbox One release days. Turn 10 buckled down and got a decent game shipped, adding tracks for free post launch (i think 4 or 5?), Evolution studios pushed the release date back a full year and still released a slightly warmed buggy turd that was panned in reviews - With 50 cars total and no compensation free version they promised. :shrug:

I'm looking forward to Forza 6, I imagine the content will be magnificent.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ethanol posted:

I still have spent more hours on it than any other xbone game

considering the dearth of games on the xbox one i'm not sure that this is all that meaningful a statement. it's a bit like if i said i played more persona 4 golden on my vita than anything else.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cubey posted:

considering the dearth of games on the xbox one i'm not sure that this is all that meaningful a statement. it's a bit like if i said i played more persona 4 golden on my vita than anything else.

Oh good one cubivore, you're on fire today

see you on the track in f6 when you come crawling back

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

forza 5 is an insult to 4. fh2 is better but i don't really have much hope for any of microsofts first party studios these days

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

It's pretty obvious that it was rushed for console launch day.

It was in the same position as driveclub in that regard, neither game was fully ready come the PS4 and Xbox One release days. Turn 10 buckled down and got a decent game shipped, adding tracks for free post launch (i think 4 or 5?), Evolution studios pushed the release date back a full year and still released a slightly warmed buggy turd that was panned in reviews - With 50 cars total and no compensation free version they promised. :shrug:

I'm looking forward to Forza 6, I imagine the content will be magnificent.

to be fair to evolution, their free content for paid versions of the game has come about as promised. yeah they still haven't released a free version yet as promised, but at the same time there is some serious entitlement if that is such a huge issue. getting pissed off about stuff you paid for is fine and you are entitled to have that work. getting pissed off about a free version which no other games give out like this is dumb. get annoyed or whatever but yeah.

also again with the car lists, but its not a game in competition for the forza games is it? its not even the same style of driving at all. if you're gonna go on content waving matches, GT6 had like 1200 loving cars in the stock game along with 39 tracks and 83 layouts which is pretty impressive and demolishes what any forza game offers. but going off of that is dumb imo. the issue with forza 5 is that it had so much less than the last game in the same series, tried to excuse it by saying they were updating some of the outdated and flawed models, then just put the same hosed up models in the game again anyway and turned a bunch of stuff available in 4 into paid DLC. thats the issue at hand with what people complained about with forza 5. if they reverse all that and go back to what made 4 so good and don't try and nickel, dime and lie then cool. but until then 5 is what is out and its a joke compared to 4.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Forza was never that great and always felt like Gran Turismo on a budget, which I have to wonder why anyone would choose to play Forza over when the real mccoy is right there.

Project Gotham Racing was pretty rad though and the superior Xbox racing franchise.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Zophar posted:

Forza was never that great and always felt like Gran Turismo on a budget, which I have to wonder why anyone would choose to play Forza over when the real mccoy is right there.

Project Gotham Racing was pretty rad though and the superior Xbox racing franchise.

for the love of all that is holy please do not start debating GT vs Forza :dogout:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zophar posted:

I'm not a driving game guy by any stretch, but my understanding from people who played both GT and Forza extensively was that GT was a lot more serious while Forza (especially 4) struck a really excellent balance where you could play the game super-casually while at the same having a really deep sim, and its list of available cars included a shitload of "normal" cars, to the point where a bunch of people like the game simply because they can have every car they owned in real life in the game (or something pretty close to it).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zophar posted:

nah, forza 2, 3 and especially 4 were leaps and bounds better than gran turismo. better physics, better car list, better tracks, better features, better presentation, better online, pretty much better in every conceivable way unless you have a giant kei car fetish. i say this as someone who loving loved gran turismo. forza did everything the gt series was trying to do, better.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

CCTV/[[%>\{/5~%..}|,]suhx y. zest

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Crafty posted:

Giantbomb loved it in their 4 out of 10 review, and that was before all the multiplayer problems :lol:

Lets hope GT7 can buck the trend

I really wish GiantBomb would just take the dialog from their Bombcast for these games and use that for the review. Both Driveclub and Destiny reviews would be "this game is terrible".

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Zophar posted:

GT5 and 6 are far inferior to Forza 4. It's not much of a debate unless you're willing to give up everything else for the sake of a greater car count (where half the cars are duplicates and the other half are garbage quality ports)

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
The Xbone deal on the Microsoft store today is hilarious.

500gb Xbox One
Assassins creed unity
Assassins creed black flag

A free game of your choosing which includes dragons Age inquisition and far cry 4

So essentially the console plus 3 $60 games.

$329. With free shipping.

I mean they value the console there at $150-180 depending on your Black Flag valuation.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Samara posted:

500gb Xbox One
Assassins creed unity

A free game of your choosing which includes dragons Age inquisition and far cry 4

I mean they value the console there at $150-180 depending on your Black Flag valuation.

On the flip side you're getting Unity, which is a turd and I can only assume it is bundled in because they hate their consumers.

But it if weren't for deals like this I wouldn't have ended up with a Sega Saturn, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, NiGHTs, Fighters MegaMix and..... Skeleton Warriors back in the 90s.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Are there people who would flat out say "no" even if Microsoft sold the Xbox one at $150 straight up?

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Samara posted:

500gb Xbox One
Assassins creed unity

Valuing ac4 at $60 is extremely generous given that it's a year old and $30 for BF. AC:U has had terrible reviews to where Ubisoft yanked the season pass and is giving away a free game with *that* so that's probably not worth $60 either.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Samara posted:

Are there people who would flat out say "no" even if Microsoft sold the Xbox one at $150 straight up?

Probably. Consoles are just an invitation to spend more money on games so if there's not enough on the platform to appeal to someone and they won't get much use of its non-gaming functions, it's a waste of money.

Of course, some people can't say no to huge discounts.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samara posted:

500gb Xbox One
Assassins creed unity

Black Flag isn't a $60 game, it's over a year old.
Unity is new but buggy to the point where Ubisoft had to publicly apologize and offer a deal to owners of the game to make up for it.

Both of these can be bought secondhand on eBay for about $25 together because so many people flat-out don't want these games and are trying to recoup some money through the bundle by reselling their codes.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

You can get both ac games for 35 on sa mart via download code, which is much closer to the real value of both of those games.

The best deal was still 229 refurbed X1 with kinect and a free game via ms store.

Oh yeah it also came with dance central and ryse which you can probably sell for a few bucks.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 1, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Samara posted:

the next console i plan on buying is an atari jaguar, which costs about the same and has more games worth playing, so yeah.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Ok so value both AC games at $25. Dragon Age at $60

Console price of $220

Still an insane deal.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samara posted:

Ok so value both AC games at $25. Dragon Age at $60

Console price of $220

Still an insane deal.

No. You are still out of pocket $329 and now have to contend with reselling those games. The console isn't $220 if I can't hand 11 Jacksons to the store clerk and walk out with a Bone and no security posse chasing me.

The Bone didn't outsell the PS4 on Black Friday because it had better bundles (although it helped), it outsold the PS4 because it was $70 cheaper.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

univbee posted:

No. You are still out of pocket $329 and now have to contend with reselling those games. The console isn't $220 if I can't hand 11 Jacksons to the store clerk and walk out with a Bone and no security posse chasing me.

What if you walk in with 220 bones will you walk out with a bone

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

What if you walk in with 220 bones will you walk out with a bone

And people wonder why we think this console is terrible value. :v:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I hope everyone here can come together in the spirit of the holidays. I invite all of the Xbox One Sucks crowd to enjoy either playing on a buddy's or enjoying it with Univbee and I invite the Xbox One is really cool crowd to keep on gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Widestancer posted:

I hope everyone here can come together in the spirit of the holidays. I invite all of the Xbox One Sucks crowd to enjoy either playing on a buddy's or enjoying it with Univbee and I invite the Xbox One is really cool crowd to keep on gaming.

Oh my god those Metroids in your avatar are adorable. :swoon:

• Locked thread