Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Eonwe posted:

he is an eve bigshot he has so much wool, you don't even know man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aranzeb has been down or unplayable for going on 14 hours now. A few of the servers are entirely missing from the server list.

At this point I assume the server room is actually on fire.

ps. all your cows are dead

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If you didn't keep up with the server outage thread, you've been missing out. http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?132439-ArcheAge-NA-Server-Connectivity-Issues-11-30-14-at-9-45-AM-PST-(GMT-8)

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

I may never sleep again.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hour 21: Aranzeb still down.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

Kimsemus posted:

Yes I am, and from Goonrathi (Star Citizen) goon guilds as well.

I'm not sorry for having fun with 95% of socially well adjusted goons, even if 5% tried to ruin it for the rest of us. Also -1 pedo, so we have that going for us.

I like the part where Kimsemus says goons are socially well adjusted.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The maintenance to repair damage causes by the maintenance has been cancelled to prepare for an unscheduled maintenance.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Malakesh posted:

I like the part where Kimsemus says goons are socially well adjusted.

It's kind of like when you go to a goon meetup in your city --

20 goons show up.

17 of them are fairly normal people. Normal jobs, normal attitudes, socializing, drinking beer together, having a good time. The last three goons are there too. They just don't quite get it. They might bring forum drama to the meetup. They might sit at a table by themselves, comparing fedoras and they might have brought their Yu-Gi-Oh cards and are miffed no one else will play with them. They might not have showered. They might try making supremely awkward conversation with women in the bar.

One of these three goons is actually a redditor who got the address for their meetup wrong, but you get the idea. DBRB is one of the two goons left.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's a lot of whining, why didn't they lock that topic after the first fifty pages?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

20 goons show up.

17 of them are fairly normal people. Normal jobs, normal attitudes, socializing, drinking beer together, having a good time. The last three goons are there too. They just don't quite get it. They might bring forum drama to the meetup. They might sit at a table by themselves, comparing fedoras and they might have brought their Yu-Gi-Oh cards and are miffed no one else will play with them. They might not have showered. They might try making supremely awkward conversation with women in the bar.

One of these three goons is actually a redditor who got the address for their meetup wrong, but you get the idea. DBRB is one of the two goons left.

i dont know about you, but im a fat antisocial nerd, im the second of the two goons left

that thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ula8oi_M4Ww

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The guy who suggested fishing as an alternative to molesting children is a more appropriate South Park clip.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
I suspect their network guy shut off his phone. That is what they are investigating -- how to get a hold of him.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Unguided posted:

That's a lot of whining, why didn't they lock that topic after the first fifty pages?

Probably a hopeless attempt to contain the angst to a single thread. Of course it didn't work. General discussion is full of people asking for "compensations" and posting meaningless polls.

The weird thing is that the Euro servers seem fine. My euro alt can do stuff, no lag, no problems. If it was a code thing or an APEX thing I'd expect the euro servers to be bad too. Meanwhile despite what the official thread claims, for most of the night only two of the NA servers have been up. Weird.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The funniest thing, is I don't think the people at Trion even know what the problem is. They would have figured out if it was DDOS by now and made a statement about it like they did when it happened last time, so more likely some dude found an exploit to gently caress with the servers and just turned on a script to run it on all of them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I saw a picture of an existing house, and an unbuilt house on the same plot. I legit hope they were testing server merging and royally hosed something. That would be the best. Its pretty clear they don't test anything unless its on a live server anyway, so its not the craziest idea.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Eonwe posted:

I saw a picture of an existing house, and an unbuilt house on the same plot. I legit hope they were testing server merging and royally hosed something. That would be the best. Its pretty clear they don't test anything unless its on a live server anyway, so its not the craziest idea.

I think what happened there, is that the lag on the servers was so loving bad that houses didn't load. So the game being almost entirely clientside, people just started planting down houses on what appeared to be empty spots, and the server was just like "Oh OK!" and let them do it.

There are a bunch of other instances where people were able to turn in the same fish repeatedly because of the lag and get tons of free gold, and a bunch of people who didn't do anything got banned again because the it looked like they were doing way more than what is possible in too short a time due to the lag.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:allears:

much more plausible and pretty much just as funny

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
My sense is that at this point what they are waiting for is not new information, but authorization from a higher paygrade to say what is really going on. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the game is toast, corrupt data with no backup or something like that. I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm thinking that maybe having a MMO handle a bunch of important data client side is not a good idea.

I think they shouldn't have done that.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Finndo posted:

My sense is that at this point what they are waiting for is not new information, but authorization from a higher paygrade to say what is really going on. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the game is toast, corrupt data with no backup or something like that. I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Considering how vehemently they have refused to do rollbacks before when the servers were hosed (even now when multiple houses exist in the same spot they are still refusing), I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even have the ability to make or restore from backups.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if I ever login again, its because I've heard of some hilarious economy exploit that I'll use and gently caress up the economy as much as I can till I get banned

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I have never played this game but if they lost all data in some hilarious server catastrophe then I'll sign up a (free) account to give it a go. Having a brand new server without the usual gaggle of immediate post-release idiots could be fun.

I've been waiting forever for EVE to reset or for EVE 2 to come about, but I don't think either of those events will happen in my lifetime.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I guess we could just make an Eve Thread to see what happens.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you always get the best avs

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there a guy who posted an exploit about being able to shut down a server? I wouldn't be surprised if Trion completely ignored him and he decided to do it until they fixed the problem.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

UoI posted:

Wasn't there a guy who posted an exploit about being able to shut down a server? I wouldn't be surprised if Trion completely ignored him and he decided to do it until they fixed the problem.

This really seemed to be something new. There were bizarre "latency issues" for a while. Anything to do with the inventory was taking several minutes to clear. Plant a seed, the seed doesn't disappear from your inventory for several minutes. Harvest from a coop, pen or hive, and you don't get the stuff for several minutes, and when it finally goes through the structure vanishes. Summon your mount, could be up to 20 minutes before it suddenly appears.

It was kind of interesting because you could clearly see which things were client side and which were server side. Harvest a plant and the labor, XP, and vocation badges go through instantly, but the inventory stuff takes forever. Summoning a mount takes forever, but gliders launch instantly.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
This does seem pretty epic. The last update was at 4 a.m. Pacific. It's now almost 11 a.m. on Monday, not a peep, and the community manager isn't online. I wonder if he browalked his rear end right of there.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
no tricks no traps

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OMG, some idiot started a change.org petition. https://www.change.org/p/trion-worl...led-maintenance

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

It isn't even graphics of the game, just the crazy.

http://camelotunchained.com/v2/realms/arthurians/
Golem is the cabalist, jew, of daoc
St'rm is a dragon for furries
Cait Sith is again for furries
Gargoyles for those that loved that old cartoon show
then I dunno humans and storm humans

http://camelotunchained.com/v2/realms/vikings/
The most straight forward except berserksers are a race

http://camelotunchained.com/v2/realms/tuatha-de-danann/
Silverhands, who have an arm made of silvers
Hamadryads, or elves
Luchorpans, or leprechauns
Tuatha, even more elves
Bean Sidhe, the only cool looking one
And Fir bogs from daoc

They got no class info but oh BOY look at this

http://camelotunchained.com/v2/banes-and-boons/
I can't make it through that list without glazing over. A lot of it just looks like a grab bag of neat what ifs that are just bad ideas.

Claustrophobia: Your abilities are less effective when you are within a structure of some type

Looks better than Repopulation to me.

I do like the ideas of Repopulation, but it looks like a flop of a game like Wish was. Wish never made it out of Alpha.

Of course, Stargate Worlds was probably my favorite game that never made it out to the public, so my judgment may be loving horrid.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

when has change.org ever changed like, literally anything

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just praying that Trion's database is utterly corrupted and that there are no backups.

Just imagine. :allears:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Eonwe posted:

when has change.org ever changed like, literally anything

I love the compensation they want though: top up labor to max and give everyone 100 gilda stars! At the rate we're going most people will be at max labor anyway.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Angela Christine posted:

I love the compensation they want though: top up labor to max and give everyone 100 gilda stars! At the rate we're going most people will be at max labor anyway.

I wonder how he arrived at that number

I bet its because he personally needs 100 more gilda for something

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

DancingShade posted:

I'm just praying that Trion's database is utterly corrupted and that there are no backups.

Just imagine. :allears:

That's one of the few reasons I could see for them not discussing the extreme downtime.

"Oh God everything is hosed what do we do? WHAT DO WE DO?"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Evil_Greven posted:

That's one of the few reasons I could see for them not discussing the extreme downtime.

"Oh God everything is hosed what do we do? WHAT DO WE DO?"

"Let's just abandon the whole game because idiots already gave us millions of dollars"

"lol"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the downtime has been so long with no update that there is something incredibly hosed or they just have no clue

either way, good stuff

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Kimsemus posted:

20 goons show up.

Which one is the goon who got caught up in all the pedo drama in one video game only to go back to another video game and join a guild named after a euphemism for rape, because once they're 18 it's totally different?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

It really feels like they had a staff walkout and management are currently waiting to board a plane to an island somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

glug posted:

Which one is the goon who got caught up in all the pedo drama in one video game only to go back to another video game and join a guild named after a euphemism for rape, because once they're 18 it's totally different?

:eyepop:

• Locked thread