Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Drifter posted:

Aside from the idea being incredibly dumb, you make it seem as though there is a story like that already somewhere. What story is it? Or am I misreading you?

Unless I'm missing several layers of meta in-jokes, I believe he's referring to season 2 of Arrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Aphrodite posted:

Not the same. Merlyn was still Merlyn. The show just had 2 people with that name.

We did not find out Barrowman's character's name until Episode 7. Wells (or someone else) can still be Eobard Thawne.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Unless I'm missing several layers of meta in-jokes, I believe he's referring to season 2 of Arrow.

Or the third Raime spiderman movie?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I still think Eddie is Booster Gold, we've already confirmed that they do have plans for the character and the Blue Beetle.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

David D. Davidson posted:

I still think Eddie is Booster Gold, we've already confirmed that they do have plans for the character and the Blue Beetle.

Is there a Booster Gold tv show in the works with special Boost Gold Flakes cereal to herald its arrival?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

God DAMMIT. And I LOVED Slade.

How could I not realize this?
gently caress me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Drifter posted:

God DAMMIT. And I LOVED Slade.

How could I not realize this?
gently caress me.

Well, technically, he was injected by his best friend and not the immoral scientist. But it's a small technicality.

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.

Windows 98 posted:

Wayne Tech/Queen Inc Merger Complete

One of the many ways that radiation causes illness is by damaging our DNA. A university team wanted to find out whether they could breed the common bacteria E. coli to be more resistant to radiation damage. So they took a group of E. coli, bombarded it (cut off)

Our bodies repair DNA in many of the same ways that bacteria does. So this study sheds light on ways that human cells could one day repair rad (cut off) are actively repairing (cut off) wake of radiation damage (cut off)

hahaha the press release for my friend's thesis research made it into one of my favorite TV shows for all of the wrong reasons.

Wow.

Falathrim fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 30, 2014

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Falathrim posted:

hahaha the press release for my friend's thesis research made it into one of my favorite TV shows for all of the wrong reasons.

Wow.

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on this comment.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah there's no way anyone could be friends with someone in college.

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.

greatn posted:

Yeah there's no way anyone could be friends with someone in college.

I know, how incredible would it be if I, a graduate student, knew someone in graduate school?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Is your friend the Bat man?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Aphrodite posted:

Not the same. Merlyn was still Merlyn. The show just had 2 people with that name.

Shado was kind of a bust, though.

Also this is still the most hilarious line on a Wikipedia page:

quote:

Shado is notable for being an antagonist and a love interest to Green Arrow in DC comic books, and is distinguished from other recurring characters by being both his rapist and the mother of his child.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Caught up on the show now. Can't wait till their makeshift meta-human prison gets opened up and every one of them flood back out

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Valeyard posted:

Caught up on the show now. Can't wait till their makeshift meta-human prison gets opened up and every one of them flood back out

There's only one right now so...

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

We're only 7 episodes in though :v: and there's 2, isn't there?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
One's a corpse though.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
It amazes me that none of the Flash's heroic team of supporters seems to mind locking up people not only without any sort of trial, but apparently no furniture, toilet, or anything to do but sit in a 6' square room alone underground. The metal guy (whom I called Bromium) was even still wearing the same clothes.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

One's a corpse though.

I was counting Grodd in that count so nevermind I guess.

So why were they so desperate to keep Barry away from the meta-human who was shooting electricity, so that they could get him to the treadmill to electrocute him?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Pez posted:

It amazes me that none of the Flash's heroic team of supporters seems to mind locking up people not only without any sort of trial, but apparently no furniture, toilet, or anything to do but sit in a 6' square room alone underground. The metal guy (whom I called Bromium) was even still wearing the same clothes.

Maybe the pods are in stasis when they aren't out?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

Maybe the pods are in stasis when they aren't out?

So Wells just woke up Chlorine Man at the end of the episode just to gently caress with him?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Pressed the wrong button, or if the pods are in some kind of ASRS it might have had to move to get the other one out.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Drifter posted:

So Wells just woke up Chlorine Man at the end of the episode just to gently caress with him?

It's Wells, of course he did.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's because The Flash is actually a thinly veiled social commentary on terrorism and American exceptionalism.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Valeyard posted:

I was counting Grodd in that count so nevermind I guess.

So why were they so desperate to keep Barry away from the meta-human who was shooting electricity, so that they could get him to the treadmill to electrocute him?

He also was draining things of their power. Hence how he "stole" the Barry's powers and also why he was feeding off the power from STAR Labs before he walked in.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

You mean like Winter Soldier? :agesilaus:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I am loving stoked for The Flash this Tuesday night. It's going to kick rear end.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I received Flash pajamas (and a Green Arrow hoodie) for my birthday last month, and have been dropping hints that I want a Zoom logo tee for Christmas. Thought y'all should know. :3:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Xelkelvos posted:

Technically, this one could flood out :v:

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

computer parts posted:

Shado was kind of a bust, though.

Also this is still the most hilarious line on a Wikipedia page:

LOL, wasn't that basically the origin for Damian Wayne.

Actually, it looks like they reworked that. I guess DC has too much rape:

quote:

DC altered its continuity slightly as part of its 2011 relaunch, making Bruce and Talia's tryst during Damian's conception consensual.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

I am loving stoked for The Flash this Tuesday night. It's going to kick rear end.

Should I catch up on Arrow before watching this? I've only watched the first episode of this season.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Should I catch up on Arrow before watching this? I've only watched the first episode of this season.

You'll be fine. If anything just watch the episode from two weeks ago. It leads into the crossover

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I caught up on the first two seasons of Arrow before getting caught up on The Flash, and while I enjoyed the show (though it is TERRIBLE in parts) I feel burned out on it, I've only seen 2-3 episodes of season 3 and have been struggling to really get engaged with it. Flash, on the other hand, has been a joy to watch, perhaps because it is so nakedly unconcerned about embracing the comic-book lunacy, something that Arrow seemed to take a while to feel comfortable with.

Still, if The Atom shows up in Arrow that's going to make it all worth it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope once aliens get added into the mix (possibly in Arrow), Jaime Reyes shows up and crosses over with Booster Gold when he inevitably appears in The Flash unless Ted Kord somehow becomes a vigilante.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New crossover promo

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=762059657212637

Slight spoilers

:flashfap:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It's even better than I thought it would be!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait, Captain Cold's in it too? Is it literally the Flash and the Arrow vs the Rogues?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, Captain Cold's in it too? Is it literally the Flash and the Arrow vs the Rogues?

Yes, and its going to be amazing. :flashfap:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

"You guys remember Felicity?"
"I'll always remember this."

drat it, Cisco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Gaz-L posted:

And he gets his epithet of the Scarlet Speedster. Truly a wonderful day.

I'm simultaneously hopeful and worried about the fact they're really going to go into the argument of each hero's methods. Hopeful, because whilst its been done before in the comics, its also been done well - particularly post-2000s - so its not like they're short on material to use. Worried in that, at the same time, the fight is still framed in Barry going nuts because of a metahuman, putting Ollie in the heroic underdog seat, which conjures to mind far too many internet arguments of Batman vs Whoever.

Carlosologist posted:

"You guys remember Felicity?"
"I'll always remember this."

drat it, Cisco.

Blame Barry for forgetting not everybody has superspeed leather.

• Locked thread