Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

shadow puppet of a posted:

Giantbomb is the Xbox of Game review sites. After the fattest SKU died to great fanfare in 2013 it has put out nothing of value and is going to be sold or shuttered in 2015.

Dan Ryckert is 2014's only true system seller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Samara posted:

Are there people who would flat out say "no" even if Microsoft sold the Xbox one at $150 straight up?

I would legit buy one for $150 if MCC actually worked. But I guess I can wait until Next Christmas when it's $150 plus free year of gold.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Samara posted:

Are there people who would flat out say "no" even if Microsoft sold the Xbox one at $150 straight up?

Not even for free, there's just nothing on it that interests me that I can't get better/cheaper elsewhere.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I think univbee has the right of it. At some point the Xbox one sucks crowd is going to have to buy it in order to keep beating the horse

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I think univbee has the right of it. At some point the Xbox one sucks crowd is going to have to buy it in order to keep beating the horse

The Longest Con

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Its badness is the best thing it has going for it. Plan One from Outer Space.

That said, they should release Rifftrax DLC for every game.

Speaking of shlocky horror worthy of Mike Nelson (the other Major Nelson), ordered Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition on Crushed Black Friday and received it today. The back says "155 MB download required" for the DLC which I hope means the disc is pre-patched.

univbee fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 1, 2014

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

univbee posted:

Its badness is the best thing it has going for it. Plan One from Outer Space.

If Titanfall is any indication, it would be 35GB because audio compression isn't a thing.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
if there was a xbone bundle with a working mcc, a good forza, and a good halo 5 for 150 id prolly get it

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The problem now is that the stunted install base keeps the used price high as there at fewer consoles in the wild out there disappointing people which only serves to bite the spite-buyer in the rear end

Taint reaped again!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The problem now is that the stunted install base keeps the used price high as there at fewer consoles in the wild out there disappointing people which only serves to bite the spite-buyer in the rear end

Taint reaped again!

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Samara posted:

I'd buy one at that price point, since if it ever happened it would be next Christmas and the PS4 will still be sold above that price ant $150 is just cheap enough for me not to worry about it having par performance.

Actually though I'd probably get a Wii U.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

morallyobjected posted:

If Titanfall is any indication, it would be 35GB because audio compression isn't a thing.

I'm still at a complete loss on where all that audio is meant to come from. That's over 133 hours of uncompressed audio! :psyduck:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yoda Fine™ing Luke

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Day One edition is back in stock at Amazon.ca. It is Cyber Monday and this is the last time that price will be this low again.

I'd help push up the bone just a lil' on tomorrow's Post-Black Friday amazon sales chart roundup...

Hmm.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zophar posted:

Forza was never that great and always felt like Gran Turismo on a budget, which I have to wonder why anyone would choose to play Forza over when the real mccoy is right there.

Project Gotham Racing was pretty rad though and the superior Xbox racing franchise.

Midtown Madness forever.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Black Xbone + Kinect & rear end Cred Bundle and a free GTA5 (which I havent played) is $508 at Amazon.ca after taxes, enviro fee and free shipping. Are there any better deals on right now for Canada?

I presume I could get the MCC for dirt cheap used or bundled with a future corporate apology.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
They just need to keep the price a little lower than the PS4, as we've seen with the black friday sales slaughter. The xbox already has much better games, a more solid controller that doesn't fall apart when touched, and online multiplayer (for all games except MCC).

The real troubles will come when Sony default on their loans next year and Amazon buy the PS4, then we could see some real price wars!

I'd buy a PS4 for £100 if it came bundled with some analog stick covers and bloodbourne (if that turns out to be good) . Fingers crossed!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Been like that all day and they know there is no need to bother with fixing the error.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Crafty posted:

They just need to keep the price a little lower than the PS4, as we've seen with the black friday sales slaughter. The xbox already has much better games, a more solid controller that doesn't fall apart when touched, and online multiplayer (for all games except MCC).

The real troubles will come when Sony default on their loans next year and Amazon buy the PS4, then we could see some real price wars!

I'd buy a PS4 for £100 if it came bundled with some analog stick covers and bloodbourne (if that turns out to be good) . Fingers crossed!

you are forcing this harder than yoda

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

its cool that you still mention the pad when ps4 pads are now fine, yet xbone pads still have issues with build quality :)

oh and the online thing too, psn is still more stable than xbl!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Been like that all day and they know there is no need to bother with fixing the error.

Hmm do I have to pay for shipping? Deal breaker if so.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

its cool that you still mention the pad when ps4 pads are now fine, yet xbone pads still have issues with build quality :)

oh and the online thing too, psn is still more stable than xbl!

73 pages of FUD from a generally very pro Sony website.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711160&page=73

quote:

I can't believe this thread is a year old and people are still finding bad controllers. Is it that hard to find a different design (or just go back to the design that worked for almost 20 years)?

Sticking finetm

Crafty fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 1, 2014

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You cannot throw an Xbox One Media Remote without hitting a controller complaint. This one even has a change.org petition.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

You cannot throw an Xbox One Media Remote without hitting a controller complaint. This one even has a change.org petition.

How many of the monumental 9 comments are from you or the OP? :laugh:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Crafty posted:

How many of the monumental 9 comments are from you or the OP? :laugh:

None but you might want to get this hot free deal:

A Doctor's Guide to Xbox Fitness: Includes charts ranking over 40 Xbox Fitness workouts based on over 100 hours of testing. (Kindle Edition)

Because Xbox Fitnes is no longer free after this month.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

I am already extremely fit thanks.

Art director of TLOU left Naughty Dog.

Has come to work on an xbox exclusive* : http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/01/last-of-us-art-director-nate-wells-joins-tomb-raider-studio?abthid=547cbfc763e50af37b000014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Crafty posted:

I am already extremely fit thanks.

Art director of TLOU left Naughty Dog.

Has come to work on an xbox exclusive* : http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/01/last-of-us-art-director-nate-wells-joins-tomb-raider-studio?abthid=547cbfc763e50af37b000014

*timed exclusive.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

May he go on to do great things in the next installment of the Gex The Gecko series. Huge 'get' by Square-Enix on that one.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

univbee posted:

They finally make a follow up to Seaman that works with the Kinect and is integrated into the OS - so it actively insults you and hijacks the voice commands, as well as riffing on games you are playing (DLC required).

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
There have been some crazy Xbone deals in the UK over the weekend. Anyone in the market for one would have been able to get themselves a hell of a deal. They were selling the standalone unbundled console for £270 earlier today, that works out at a full £160 (around $250) price drop from the launch price. That's sans-kinect of course, but if anything removing that thing added value.

Anyone who bought day one was well and truly shafted.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

73 pages of FUD from a generally very pro Sony website.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711160&page=73

Sticking finetm

Not really surprising that there are old batch pads still around, newer batches are fine though. There are no new batch fixed xbone pads at all, they haven't even said about fixing it. Seeing as one of the big issues is stick drift, which persisted throughout the entire 360 lifetime, I doubt they'll ever be fixed.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Samara posted:

Ok so value both AC games at $25. Dragon Age at $60

Console price of $220

Still an insane deal.

I bought codes for Black Flag & Unity off eBay for $25 total no problems. At most they're going for $30 together now.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

Not really surprising that there are old batch pads still around, newer batches are fine though. There are no new batch fixed xbone pads at all, they haven't even said about fixing it. Seeing as one of the big issues is stick drift, which persisted throughout the entire 360 lifetime, I doubt they'll ever be fixed.

Leyburn posted:

There have been some crazy Xbone deals in the UK over the weekend. Anyone in the market for one would have been able to get themselves a hell of a deal. They were selling the standalone unbundled console for £270 earlier today, that works out at a full £160 (around $250) price drop from the launch price. That's sans-kinect of course, but if anything removing that thing added value.

Anyone who bought day one was well and truly shafted.

They were selling the PS4 with Driveclub for 279 ( I think they still are at tesco) so that's effectively cheaper than a stand alone xbone at 270. That's assuming you believe driveclub is worth 9 pounds or more which I concede is very debatable.

The PS4 deals were much better in the UK, amazon had bones and PS4's for 299. With the PS4 you got TLOU and LBP3, with the bone you got Unity and Blackflag. Blackflag is worth around £7 now.

Anyone who bought a PS4 day one was well and truly shafted, plus their analogue sticks most likely look like Hulk Hogans elbows by now :vince:

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Driveclub actually adds negative value to the PS4 bundle though.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Leyburn posted:

Driveclub actually adds negative value to the PS4 bundle though.

You have a high opinion of Unity? :shrug:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

Anyone who bought a PS4 day one was well and truly shafted

Oh yeah not like all those day one boners (well, all 3 or 4 of them) who got to watch their console drop almost 50% in price in the space of a year.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Day One edition is back in stock at Amazon.ca. It is Cyber Monday and this is the last time that price will be this low again.

I'd help push up the bone just a lil' on tomorrow's Post-Black Friday amazon sales chart roundup...

Hmm.

Naming any product "Day one edition" is just so stupid.

Lots of day one consoles and games on advertisement everywhere, sure doesn't make the xbox look like its popular or anything.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Would like to give a shout out to X "Da Big Box" Box One for causing Mayhem at From Software. Only the power of Microsoft could cause a massive delay in the Dark Souls 2 because the Overlay is causing seriously crippling issues and they might have to push back the PS4 and PS3 release of it.

And the Dark Souls 2 revamp fixes all the issues that people had with the game but only the power of Xbox could give it one more.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

Oh yeah not like all those day one boners (well, all 3 or 4 of them) who got to watch their console drop almost 50% in price in the space of a year.

Where did you see the xbox one (no Kinect) for sale at £598? I suggest you shop somewhere else.

Oh, you're making it up. Sorry :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Would like to give a shout out to X "Da Big Box" Box One for causing Mayhem at From Software. Only the power of Microsoft could cause a massive delay in the Dark Souls 2 because the Overlay is causing seriously crippling issues and they might have to push back the PS4 and PS3 release of it.

And the Dark Souls 2 revamp fixes all the issues that people had with the game but only the power of Xbox could give it one more.

gently caress you xbone for real

• Locked thread