Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think Todd shows have gotten better and Lance ones have gotten worse to be honest.

E: Verhei Mark is back on the Saturday Observer live!!

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jerusalem posted:

I see they still send you your e-mail password in plaintext though!

At least they stopped sending me my plaintext password every time my subscription lapses?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New SNCJ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm not sure if I was more amused by Dave's dismay when Bryan told him he'd still be talking about Montreal in 30 years, or how Dave then enthusiastically spent the next 10 minutes talking more about Montreal :allears:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I just listened to the Dave Meltzer reacts to Bryan reading CM Punks podcast and it is an amazing listen for a game of Chinese whispers. Can't wait to hear his reaction to the full thing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That Montreal stuff was really fascinating considering I've probably heard it all. I like the idea of Dave going "alright, main event DQ finish.... huh."

*phone rings*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LordPants posted:

That Montreal stuff was really fascinating considering I've probably heard it all. I like the idea of Dave going "alright, main event DQ finish.... huh."

*phone rings*

I was really taken by him pointing out watching Wrestling With Shadows back in 2005 with some then current wrestlers and being struck at how alien the culture, the importance of the titles, the notion of not "doing the job" etc was to these "new" guys. Montreal still seems recent to me but yeah wrestling really has changed immensely in the interim.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Remember the Observer Radio drinking game, drink whenever Dave's email alert goes off or when he says y'know if you really want to get smashed.

I listen to After Dark, it's a good show if the interview's good generally. There was a really interesting interview on druids a few weeks back and possibly the best interview Bryan's ever done with a Jonestown survivor earlier in the year. There's also a doomsday prepper and super conspiracy theorist who calls in occasionally and he's pretty funny.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 30, 2014

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I was thinking about the Jonestown episode the other day. That was fascinating! I've not bothered with any of the rest of his After Dark shows. In general though, your observer subscription is worth far more than $10 a month. Excellent value.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

my fav part of observer radio is the anticipation before dave starts speaking where you're unsure if he's going to be on skype or a phone

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Anyone got a fresh link to the cabana podcast mp3?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

ICHIBAHN posted:

It amazes me that his host has not fixed the podcast. He reached #2 on the iTunes chart, but they can't be bothered to fix it and maybe top Serial.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It amazes me that his host has not fixed the podcast. He reached #2 on the iTunes chart, but they can't be bothered to fix it and maybe top Serial.

IIRC he uses some cheap Yahoo small business hosting (one of these plans) that's not meant for podcasting and is clueless about how it works so this isn't surprising.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 30, 2014

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

njsykora posted:

Remember the Observer Radio drinking game, drink whenever Dave's email alert goes off

Is that what that is? I've been wondering about that subdued ping for the longest time.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
anyone feel like posting a WON awards thread since the voting period begins tomorrow?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spermgod posted:

anyone feel like posting a WON awards thread since the voting period begins tomorrow?

I would Like to discuss who I think should get certain awards.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3684999

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
is that the same cubsfan who wrote for crz like 90 years ago

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ICHIBAHN posted:

This should still work, it's the hosted version instead of the version that faces the public on the TSM radio site.

It's 164 megabytes, so if it doesn't show the size when downloading it, make sure it gets to that before stopping. If it stops before then you'll probably have to try it again, but it seems to be working fine for people all the way through.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

neoaxd posted:

Is that what that is? I've been wondering about that subdued ping for the longest time.

If you've been listening since the beginning, dave's ping is nothing compared to bryan's DONK for the first few years. It was pretty great because Bryan would know it was going to happen 3 seconds before and couldn't do anything to stop it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

david carmichael posted:

is that the same cubsfan who wrote for crz like 90 years ago

Yeah. He started off on DDT digest.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
The good YouTube video that has like 800,000+ views isn't even Colts, afaict. He's hosed up pretty bad, be interested to see if anything changes for next week's Q&A one.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

coconono posted:

any word why Konnan was arrested?

They wouldn't talk about it on the MLW show but we do get Glenn's opinions on Ferguson :laffo:

Spoiler: all protests are just an excuse for people to loot things, also the media made racism up, also the police need to act like gangs in "certain areas" because otherwise they'll never keep the other gangs in line

Also Glenn is a bouncer at a nudie bar in Vegas.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 1, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Konnan was arrested because something about a line and whatever BOOM

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Spikeguy posted:

About the Young Bucks/Danielson Strong beatdown, does the story come off as BD and Strong were being dicks and unprofessional or was it just an Austin thing of working snug? Or did the Young Bucks do something stupid that the fight was a response to?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
CANNED WATTA, BRYAN...

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jesus. This is pretty brutal...

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
All worked. Hopefully. God, Danielson was unreal.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

ICHIBAHN posted:

Not from what the Bucks said.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

ICHIBAHN posted:

No, he was just beating the poo poo out of him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I've seen the match a couple times, including very recently, and it's a total mugging. It's like 12 minutes before the bucks even get a chance to breathe because they keep getting hurled into chairs or chopped in the corner

oatgan fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 2, 2014

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That last stomp hit him right in the head :stonk:

I want to hear what Roddy and Bryan have to say about this match. The Bucks said they were totally cool otherwise.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I remember loving that match.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

You're a bad person that wishes death on good superkickers.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Spoilers: The Young Bucks do just fine after that match

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LoboLoboLobo posted:

Spoilers: The Young Bucks do just fine after that match

Further spoiler they win the match

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

young bucks >>>> bryan danielson

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

epitasis posted:

young bucks >>>> bryan danielson

100% this

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

I just watched it again and it's great if you hate the young bucks but imo they don't really get enough offense so the finish is sudden and bad. It's good in the greater context of the crowd souring on the bucks leading to a heel turn, but in a vacuum it's whatever. I made gifs of more murder

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602154&pagenumber=100#post438392933

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Great burial of the WWE on the observer show.

• Locked thread