Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
If it weren't for this thread I would have no idea who Steve Crowder is, I'm convinced his YouTube views are just hate watchers from here. His claim to fame is getting punched by a union herothug and getting shitcanned from Hannity. I can safely forget him.

On weekend right wing radio I heard a host actually claim enjoying a parade on TV is a "right", a right that was being infringed upon possibly by Ferguson protesters. Obviously nothing happened but it could've happened, and I have the right to enjoy my Garfield float dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
ed: thread moved on, sorry

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Looks like according to commenters on his video, the abortion statistic he uses Crowder has the source from a site called LifeSiteNews and on politifact they said that the statistics comes from only localized sources with problematic definitions.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/feb/27/rick-santorum/rick-santorum-says-90-percent-down-syndrome-childr/

Obviously this is same guy who flips out about statistics from feminists about pay discrepancies

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

FuzzySkinner posted:

I literally heard a local talk show host on WNIR declare (and partially agree with a caller) that there is going to be a "Race War".

What.

The.

gently caress.
There wasn't a race war in the 1960's when civil rights was passed. There wasn't a race war when Manson tried to provoke one (not that he actually could have provoked one). There wasn't one in 2008 when Obama was elected. Republicans, please say it with me now: "Calm the gently caress down, a race war is not going to happen."

Now if a race war does happen, where should post my defection notice? Cause I'm probably gonna throw my lot in with the Hispanics and eventually enjoy my new life/citizenship in Aztlán.:getin:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 2, 2014

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

radical meme posted:

Exactly. She deserved to be ridiculed for what she said.

If people don't understand the harm in posting Tatum Girlparts' juvie record on the internet then I don't know what to say to you.

I just assumed it was a comment over them rolling their eyes and poo poo. They seemed to be pretty reasonably dressed for young teenagers.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Steve Crowder's newest video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ycl0-zTjLE4

Special Needs Abortion: A Holocaust

Okay I'm glad that Crowder volunteers. More people should do that. But this video is loving ridiculous. Notwithstanding the dubious statistics, please consider this Steven. While you may enjoy being with them for a couple of hours, it could be different if you realized that you would have to deal with a person with down's syndrome all the time and that that you may have to financially support that child for the rest of your life. I'm not advocating aborting down's syndrome people on principal as a eugenics measure but I can sure as hell understand people contemplating the practical difficulties of raising a child with down's syndrome and choosing an abortion.

Maybe better social programs would lead to less down syndrome abortions but you can god drat guarantee that Crowder would be against them.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

radical meme posted:

You guys are trying way to hard to justify something you'd never want to happen to you for posting something stupid on the internet.

Mostly because I see this as the way the system works.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

fade5 posted:

There wasn't a race war in the 1960's when civil rights was passed. There wasn't a race war when Manson tried to provoke one (not that he actually could have provoked one). There wasn't one in 2008 when Obama was elected. Republicans, please say it with me now: "Calm the gently caress down, a race war is not going to happen."

It's bizarre because I've never heard someone on the radio say something that blunt and outright racist.

That's literally something that Neo Nazi's believe in, and really..ONLY NEO NAZI'S.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Here's the most recent example that comes to mind:
https://soundcloud.com/rightwingwatch/kobach-ethnic-cleansing-possible-if-hispanics-become-us-majority

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Not to sound petty, but when attacking right-wingers, very few things should be off limits. Especially when they initiate by attacking innocent kids.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Aw come on I already made fun of Kobach in the immigration thread.:v: Go find me a new Republican who doesn't even bother to hide the fact that he's completely loving terrified of the US becoming Majority-Minority (and terrified of the world permanently losing the beauty of Aryan white women).

Also, I'd still love to know when this "Hispanic ethnic cleansing" is supposed to happen, given that I've literally lived in majority Hispanic neighborhoods my entire life and don't plan to leave anytime soon. I'm proving you wrong just by existing and living my everyday life, Kris.:colbert:

E:
I accept your offer of racist Ron Paul. His terror and craziness feeds me.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 2, 2014

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

radical meme posted:

If people don't understand the harm in posting Tatum Girlparts' juvie record on the internet then I don't know what to say to you.

She was fired before this was released.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

fade5 posted:

Aw come on I already made fun of Kobach in the immigration thread.:v: Go find me a new Republican who doesn't even bother to hide the fact that he's completely loving terrified of the US becoming Majority-Minority (and terrified of the world permanently losing the beauty of Aryan white women).
Page 6. http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/11/12/Solicitation2.pdf

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Does he really believe that? I just don't think he actually does.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Mr Interweb posted:

Not to sound petty, but when attacking right-wingers, very few things should be off limits. Especially when they initiate by attacking innocent kids.

Here's the thing about hand-wringing over Lauten's comments about the Obama girls:

This wasn't some thoughtless quip over cocktails at the country club or an open mic picking up something she thought she was muttering to an aide.

She knew exactly what point she wanted to make, typed it up (presumably editing and rephrasing along the way), took one last look at it, said "Yes, this is something I want to share with the world" and published it online while knowing that she herself had a shoplifting incident as a teenager.

I am fine with how this has played out for her.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

radical meme posted:

From the U.S. Poltics November thread:

Ha! We're all hosed.
Maybe you are. I'm just gonna go around telling people my writings are in the library of congress :smug:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

radical meme posted:

From the U.S. Poltics November thread:

Ha! We're all hosed.

I can't figure out why no one's pointed out that Equestria Daily is among the websites that are being archived yet.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Star Man posted:

I can't figure out why no one's pointed out that Equestria Daily is among the websites that are being archived yet.

Several people made jokes about Equestrai Daily being included in the past few hours, let alone back months ago when it was originally announced.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Nintendo Kid posted:

Several people made jokes about Equestrai Daily being included in the past few hours, let alone back months ago when it was originally announced.

I'm bad at things.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Maybe you are. I'm just gonna go around telling people my writings are in the library of congress :smug:

I should start putting down "Time Magazine Person of the Year, 2006" on my resume.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Star Man posted:

I'm bad at things.

You should fit into the library nicely then.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!

Star Man posted:

It's going to make for one hell of a thesis on early 21st Century American history someday.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

It's going to make for one hell of a thesis on early 21st Century American history someday.

"We call it the first culutral significant wave of the Internet generation's obsession with non-typical media for their age group. While you find articles and posts by "alleged" woman the vast majority are physically unattractive and/or overweight males who have anthropomorphized girl's cartoon characters and freely admitted to it, unlike the days when similar hobbies/fetishes were much more niche and not well known in large commonly referred to as the BBS-Furry era. For the sake of brevity, this group will be referred to specifically as the Unapologetic-Horsefuckers, taking into account that there are very few outliers where there is no reference to sex or sexual constructs in this group despite the most often found mention of their hobby being 'about friendship and what it can accomplish'"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!
"Note that though they are the successors of the similarly-disparaged 'trekies,' this group abandoned the attachment to a futuristic utopia of human achievement and instead focussed their obsession on pure Freudian projection.

Although this thesis will focus on the role of the internet in facilitating this transition to pure expression of sexual alterity, it should be noted that My Little Pony lacks an outlet such as the smouldering sexual tension between William Shatner's Captain Kirk and Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock."

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

fade5 posted:

Whites complaining about the coming race war are basically the same as the rich crying about the evils of class war: they've been conducting a cold war downward for so long that they can't help but project when it's brought out in the open.

What's odd is, given that we're still executing black teens on sight in TYOOL 2014, what would the white response to a hot race war even look like? Preemptive drone strikes on the inner cities?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ZobarStyl posted:

Whites complaining about the coming race war are basically the same as the rich crying about the evils of class war: they've been conducting a cold war downward for so long that they can't help but project when it's brought out in the open.

What's odd is, given that we're still executing black teens on sight in TYOOL 2014, what would the white response to a hot race war even look like? Preemptive drone strikes on the inner cities?

It would be entirely between the poor so there would probably not be military action.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I thought it was obvious that the conservatives want a race war. Then, they could justify treating blacks like the Israelis do Palestinians - "We aren't racist, we just have to keep them behind a wall for national security".

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

radical meme posted:

She didn't get fired because of her past misdemeanor, she was fired because she posted something offensive and her job is (was) communications director. It's not that hard to follow the sequence of events.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

"Race War" comes from the same political impulse as "Sanctity of Marriage," "War on Christmas," etc. In the late 19th century majority German areas in Austria-Hungary were blowing up with German nationalists claiming that the poor, wealthy, educated, privileged Germans were being victimized by all the other nations in the Habsburg empire.

The point of being reactionary is that you're perpetually on the defensive, and every political issue is some variation of an existential threat. No one was going around promoting the sanctity of marriage before gays started wanted to get married. It was never an issue. It became one when conservatives felt threatened by gays and needed a good name to give this great infringement on their society's sensibilities. When you're just defending yourself you can justify being a hateful rear end in a top hat.

That's why the dirty brown masses are actually out to get us Pure Whites. That way it's ok to fantasize about slaughtering them in the streets, because they're threatening us.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Spun Dog posted:

She didn't get fired because of her past misdemeanor, she was fired because she posted something offensive and her job is (was) communications director. It's not that hard to follow the sequence of events.

I think he's following the sequence of events just fine. Just because she didn't get fired because of the release of her arrest record doesn't mean it's ok to release her arrest record. It's dumb to call out the president's family, of course, but it's malicious and harming to make public information that should be kept private. It's not like she dug up info on the Obama kids that was supposed to remain private. She said that the fact that they were showing off their "rich people poo poo" like fancy wallets and stuff was not classy. Coming out and saying "well, you weren't classy either because you got caught shoplifting" is completely irrelevant and just downright mean.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

GutBomb posted:

I think he's following the sequence of events just fine. Just because she didn't get fired because of the release of her arrest record doesn't mean it's ok to release her arrest record. It's dumb to call out the president's family, of course, but it's malicious and harming to make public information that should be kept private. It's not like she dug up info on the Obama kids that was supposed to remain private. She said that the fact that they were showing off their "rich people poo poo" like fancy wallets and stuff was not classy. Coming out and saying "well, you weren't classy either because you got caught shoplifting" is completely irrelevant and just downright mean.

The poster I quoted repeatedly claimed that shedding light on her shoplifting had hurt her because she had been fired, and I'm pointing out that the reason for her firing had nothing to do with that.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GutBomb posted:

I agree that it is malicious and mean but we have mammalian brains that make us enjoy the suffering of others.

Somebody googling her name and coming up with a juvenile arrest is not going to harm her career any more than her own poorly considered statements already have.

I guess you could feel sympathy for her and her slight not particularly deserved humiliation but why bother? We all have endless compassion sure but oh no some lady I've never heard of had her scandalous teenage misdemeanor exposed after she said something dumb, dear me, will tragedies never cease etc.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Spun Dog posted:

No no, we can't fire someone for publicly racist statements and total incompetence at her job, that's just like when businesses put up "no coloreds" signs

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Today, Dennis Prager told us that Unwanted kisses are not sexual assault. Unless, of course, if the kiss is a "gross kiss".

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So Prager University is actually a preschool?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I agree that it is malicious and mean but we have mammalian brains that make us enjoy the suffering of others.

Somebody googling her name and coming up with a juvenile arrest is not going to harm her career any more than her own poorly considered statements already have.

I guess you could feel sympathy for her and her slight not particularly deserved humiliation but why bother? We all have endless compassion sure but oh no some lady I've never heard of had her scandalous teenage misdemeanor exposed after she said something dumb, dear me, will tragedies never cease etc.

You can't find sealed arrest records of a minor by merely using a search engine. It's not just about harming her career. It's private and not relevant. I don't know this woman and I don't care. I just think pointless doxxing is terrible.

Mr Interweb posted:

You realize how terrible that sounds turned around, right? "Not to sound petty but when attacking liberals very few things should be off limits. Especially when they initiate by attacking innocent kids."

She didn't "attack" anyone. She said some teenage girls were being bratty.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 2, 2014

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Whatever, everyone likes seeing a scold getting taken down a peg. Cry for her if you want but she's not a sympathetic character.

GutBomb posted:

She said the president was a bad father and that the modestly-dressed Obama girls were dressed like they were going to a bar, because they looked bored while their father was engaged in a pointless down-home ceremony. Her comments were entirely unreasonable and uncalled for. The fact that she was going all church lady on these girls for no reason just makes it funnier when her own youthful transgressions were revealed. This is what human beings call 'schadenfreude'.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 2, 2014

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Forgetting all that for a second, what's so loving slutty and unbecoming about dressing like this?:

Looks like a couple of nice kids to me. Elizabeth Lauten made it seem like they were dressed like Snooki Miley Cyrus for crying out loud.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

GutBomb posted:

I shouldn't care, but you're wrong, or at least not telling the whole story. You left out the part where she implied that they are sluts because of the way they dress.

Lady Who Was Bad at Her Job posted:

"Dear Sasha and Malia, I get you’re both in those awful teen years, but you’re a part of the First Family, try showing a little class," she wrote. "Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

BiggerBoat posted:

Forgetting all that for a second, what's so loving slutty and unbecoming about dressing like this?:

Looks like a couple of nice kids to me. Elizabeth Lauten made it seem like they were dressed like Snooki Miley Cyrus for crying out loud.

It's the whole "Michele Obama is so fat!" thing. It doesn't matter if it's true, it's a bad thing, so it obviously must be true if I say it about someone I dislike.