Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Blue Footed Booby posted:

When I first read Troopers I thought he might actually have fascist leanings. Then I read Red Planet and wasn't so sure. Then I read Time Enough For Love and realized he was loving with me.

Edit: lol forgot I was in GiP

Heinlein was a naval officer in the interwar period before WWII. Starship troopers was his sloppy wet blowjob to the marine corps. Rio is Pearl Harbor. The Bugs are the Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Bolow posted:

I'd reenlist to die horribly in an interstellar war tbh
To go fight ET you would have no shortage of idiots volunteering to die horribly on some shithole planet populated by lovecraftian horrors. Where it turns out we're the invaders because the planets core is made of diamonds or some poo poo.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Willy Pete posted:

To go fight ET you would have no shortage of idiots volunteering to die horribly on some shithole planet populated by lovecraftian horrors. Where it turns out we're the invaders because the planets core is made of diamonds or some poo poo.

Directed by Michael Bay

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Willy Pete posted:

I feel like if you spun it just right you could get anime fans to volunteer and happily march off to their deaths by way of some kind of tentacle creature.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I feel like if you spun it just right you could get anime fans to volunteer and happily march off to their deaths by way of some kind of tentacle creature.

God drat it. I don't want to deal with ATDRW while I'm getting paid peanuts to smoke green skinned godless foreigners. Besides, its not like basement dwelling pillow fuckers can actually make it through basic.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

Besides, its not like basement dwelling pillow fuckers can actually make it through basic.

:lol:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Genocide Tendency posted:

God drat it. I don't want to deal with ATDRW while I'm getting paid peanuts to smoke green skinned godless foreigners. Besides, its not like basement dwelling pillow fuckers can actually make it through basic.

have you not read the DLI thread in this very forum?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Syncopated posted:

Don't. Stay out. Avoid that thread like you would the school itself.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
DLI: I once heard a girl use an inhaler mid-coitus and all I got was a GWOT medal.

The nightmares I still have from that place....

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Professor Bling posted:

DLI: I once heard a girl use an inhaler mid-coitus

That's how you know you're hitting it right.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Unzip and Attack posted:

No loving way that's real.

It is. It's by a tattooist named Cavan who does a lot of weird pieces like that.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Syncopated posted:

Wait, link?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Thump! posted:

Wait, link?

It's on the second page of gip

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3319492

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Heard some stories about hush house antics recently including a pretty long list of things thrown into the jetstream. The best was a dried out Christmas tree.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Heard some stories about hush house antics recently including a pretty long list of things thrown into the jetstream. The best was a dried out Christmas tree.

Best I've seen was an entire Toolbox with accompanying tools. There's bits of a PON-6 in the woods around Beaufort too iirc

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Syncopated posted:

Will you two shut the gently caress up.

I'm trying to lie to myself here and it was working pretty well till you two killjoys showed up.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bolow posted:

Best I've seen was an entire Toolbox with accompanying tools. There's bits of a PON-6 in the woods around Beaufort too iirc
I remember hearing that one. Apparently we had a similar incident with an office chair, supposedly you can still see the dent in the tunnel. They used to have a basketball hoop in there until the day they were shooting hoops with a plane still in there and somebody bounced the ball off a wing.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

zombie303 posted:

That whole movie is like a commentary on the war in Iraq. Only it was made years before. :tinfoil:

Granted the book was very different.

The movie was made by Paul "I made a movie about the militarized police of the 2000's in Nineteen loving Eighty Seven" Verhoeven. The guy is obviously from thirty years in the future and just bought a time machine to go back and gently caress with the primitives by injecting decade-early social commentary into our bloody tits and gore action flicks.

Also his flicks have the best tits and gore. Total Recall was the best poo poo ever when you were twelve years old, THAT HOOKER HAS THREE loving TITS and I get to see Michael Ironsides get his arms torn off with the best one-liner of all time? I just learned how to jerk off and I'm not even gonna tell you which scene it was to.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

I remember hearing that one. Apparently we had a similar incident with an office chair, supposedly you can still see the dent in the tunnel. They used to have a basketball hoop in there until the day they were shooting hoops with a plane still in there and somebody bounced the ball off a wing.

The best part is our shop heard about it happening from the base Ordies whose shop was easily 3-4 miles away. Some dumbshit LCpl calls up our Gunny and just asks "Hey why are you tools raining down on our shop?"

I was in the middle of PCS'ing so I dodged the entire poo poo storm that ensued though :laugh:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wild T posted:

I just learned how to jerk off and I'm not even gonna tell you which scene it was to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chi6oQAb_Qo

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 3, 2014

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I would have re-enlisted indefinitely on the spot if the Army promised powered armor and loving up other planets. The Skinny Raid alone was enough to get my dick hard, and the prospect of doing more poo poo like that would have been worth the terrible drop on Big K.
Plus, I would get cool cyborg poo poo.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Only difference is you'd spend aeons of time waiting in line to hand in your powered armour for inspection at the depot every now and then.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Sjurygg posted:

Only difference is you'd spend aeons of time waiting in line to hand in your powered armour for inspection at the depot every now and then.

The only good thing is there are no pogs in the MI, everyone drops. You wouldn't have to worry about some dickhead in the armory rejecting you for dust in a launcher tube.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bulletsponge13 posted:

I would have re-enlisted indefinitely on the spot if the Army promised powered armor and loving up other planets. The Skinny Raid alone was enough to get my dick hard, and the prospect of doing more poo poo like that would have been worth the terrible drop on Big K.

I tell my NCOs this every time they ask me if I'm going to re-enlist.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Sup Starship Troopers chat.

Please enjoy the musical stylings of Holy Light of Demons, and their rendition of the film in song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak

I sing the poo poo out of this in the shower. "C'mon you apes, do you wanna live forev-er!?"

Slo-Tek fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 4, 2014

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

bulletsponge13 posted:

They should start offering things like 10% off the price* of a mustang.

*msrp

or a free iphone*

*with 6 year army service contract. $200,000 early contract termination fee

That'd get a bunch of idiots for cannon fodder.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Slo-Tek posted:

Please enjoy the musical stylings of Holy Light of Demons, and their rendition of the film in song:

I sing the poo poo out of this in the shower. "C'mon you apes, do you wanna live forev-er!?"

:black101:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
wouldyouliketoknowmore lol

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Slo-Tek posted:

I can't stop listening to this drat song.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One of the civilian (Retired from military side) roads and grounds guys had another expensive accident with a snowplow. He caught the top of a manhole cover, ended up knocking himself unconscious, and bruising his pancreas. He also had an expired civilian drivers license. Back when I first started he'd recently run into a building with a snowplow, and last year he caught a heaved up concrete slab and broke the plow mount. The cost for these mistakes is probably over a million dollars if you figure in the man-hours that went into fixing them.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wild T posted:

The movie was made by Paul "I made a movie about the militarized police of the 2000's in Nineteen loving Eighty Seven" Verhoeven. The guy is obviously from thirty years in the future and just bought a time machine to go back and gently caress with the primitives by injecting decade-early social commentary into our bloody tits and gore action flicks.

Also his flicks have the best tits and gore. Total Recall was the best poo poo ever when you were twelve years old, THAT HOOKER HAS THREE loving TITS and I get to see Michael Ironsides get his arms torn off with the best one-liner of all time? I just learned how to jerk off and I'm not even gonna tell you which scene it was to.

he also has a talent for casting because it took me years and years and imdb to realise that isn't michael ironside in robocop

bitches leave

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wanted to share some stories here that may resonate with other goons from and/or in platoons.

My unit was (I think) responsible for shutting down the diving board/high dive at Camp Anaconda in Balad Apparently troops in our unit wanted to do belly flop contests off the high dive and diving board which was all great entertainment until one guy broke the capillaries in his lungs and kept coughing up blood. No more after that, and the next time we returned from Ramadi it was all taped off and shut down due to "unsafe activities". We're taking credit.

Also had a troop that got up there and refused to jump, causing a huge back up and scene at the high dive at this pool. It was embarrassing that this 20 year old kid got up to the top and had his platoon sergeant threatening to come get him and throw him off the high dive so we could enjoy the pool like adults. Granted, he was a dumbass troop in our unit, but it still makes me cringe thinking he was with our stupid rear end guard outfit. We found IED's every night on our route clearance and this kid wouldn't jump off the loving high dive.

I once burned off 150-200 straight rounds on the SAW at the range and got in some trouble. It was pretty fun, but I had to do a power point presentation on the origins, use, and safety of the M249 SAW. Still worth it but it was pretty dumb I guess.

A few troops sewed "Motivation" tabs on their uniforms above our unit patch. It was a "motivated" meter with an arrow in the RED or unmotivated section. Was pretty funny.

I may or may not have sewn a "Ninja" tab on my desert camos under my breast pocket. I was 20 and it was funny to be a certified US Army Ninja. I think someone else did this with a Ranger tab unironically though.

One guy would always get these photos of his wife in the tub or in sexy poses all naked and stuff. He didn't get that they were impossible angles to be set up on a tripod with timers or selfies. Obviously some dude/dudette was taking these pictures and she was sending him the photos and he would boast about how he would "get that" when we got home. Of course they were a good Christian household with very serious marriage vows, so NO WAY she would cheat on him....except he'd get these sexy photos about once a month.

I also remember coming out of the chow hall and this new unit out of PA had come into the base in Ramadi to take over for us. With them came a lot of brass and high speed-low (high) drag folks. Well, we were instructed to specifically NOT salute while we were outside of our operations area because the base commander had put out a memo that it wasn't a bad idea, but he'd leave it up to each unit or some such. Well, we walk by this Lt. Col coming out of the chow hall, no biggie, and we hear "EXCUSE ME. IS THAT HOW WE TREAT OFFICERS!?" He stomps up behind me and my three buds (we're all E4's) and demands a salute. SO he makes us go back a good 20 feet and walk by with a salute.

Nope.

"No, you give the greeting of the day when you salute, yes?"

So again, he makes us, troops that had been in country for a good 10 months with orders specifically against this, greet and salute this new-to-country officer in front of the entire traffic in front of the chow hall. This guy was a dick. I just wanted to share the story that this guy was a dick, no troop goof ups or goof offs here. Also gently caress the PA unit that replaced us and gently caress the 3rd ID.

I have more stories, but wanted to share these here now. Like the guys who swapped wives upon return from deployment, the guy who's sister was dating the recruiter, or the guy who was sent home from country after being suplexed by another dude. Dang.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wow you were a real life army ninja?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Dang.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

Wow you were a real life army ninja?

Was on my uniform. Uniforms don't lie. Went through Ninja school and everything.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A few people wore the motivation tab on the flight suit, but the morale version was more popular. At one point it was banned.

My second crew had tabs made with their moms name on it and traded so every flight you had a different guy's mom. I have no idea why we did this.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Jastiger posted:

Wanted to share some stories here that may resonate with other goons from and/or in platoons.

My unit was (I think) responsible for shutting down the diving board/high dive at Camp Anaconda in Balad Apparently troops in our unit wanted to do belly flop contests off the high dive and diving board which was all great entertainment until one guy broke the capillaries in his lungs and kept coughing up blood. No more after that, and the next time we returned from Ramadi it was all taped off and shut down due to "unsafe activities". We're taking credit.

Also had a troop that got up there and refused to jump, causing a huge back up and scene at the high dive at this pool. It was embarrassing that this 20 year old kid got up to the top and had his platoon sergeant threatening to come get him and throw him off the high dive so we could enjoy the pool like adults. Granted, he was a dumbass troop in our unit, but it still makes me cringe thinking he was with our stupid rear end guard outfit. We found IED's every night on our route clearance and this kid wouldn't jump off the loving high dive.

I once burned off 150-200 straight rounds on the SAW at the range and got in some trouble. It was pretty fun, but I had to do a power point presentation on the origins, use, and safety of the M249 SAW. Still worth it but it was pretty dumb I guess.

A few troops sewed "Motivation" tabs on their uniforms above our unit patch. It was a "motivated" meter with an arrow in the RED or unmotivated section. Was pretty funny.

I may or may not have sewn a "Ninja" tab on my desert camos under my breast pocket. I was 20 and it was funny to be a certified US Army Ninja. I think someone else did this with a Ranger tab unironically though.

One guy would always get these photos of his wife in the tub or in sexy poses all naked and stuff. He didn't get that they were impossible angles to be set up on a tripod with timers or selfies. Obviously some dude/dudette was taking these pictures and she was sending him the photos and he would boast about how he would "get that" when we got home. Of course they were a good Christian household with very serious marriage vows, so NO WAY she would cheat on him....except he'd get these sexy photos about once a month.

I also remember coming out of the chow hall and this new unit out of PA had come into the base in Ramadi to take over for us. With them came a lot of brass and high speed-low (high) drag folks. Well, we were instructed to specifically NOT salute while we were outside of our operations area because the base commander had put out a memo that it wasn't a bad idea, but he'd leave it up to each unit or some such. Well, we walk by this Lt. Col coming out of the chow hall, no biggie, and we hear "EXCUSE ME. IS THAT HOW WE TREAT OFFICERS!?" He stomps up behind me and my three buds (we're all E4's) and demands a salute. SO he makes us go back a good 20 feet and walk by with a salute.

Nope.

"No, you give the greeting of the day when you salute, yes?"

So again, he makes us, troops that had been in country for a good 10 months with orders specifically against this, greet and salute this new-to-country officer in front of the entire traffic in front of the chow hall. This guy was a dick. I just wanted to share the story that this guy was a dick, no troop goof ups or goof offs here. Also gently caress the PA unit that replaced us and gently caress the 3rd ID.

I have more stories, but wanted to share these here now. Like the guys who swapped wives upon return from deployment, the guy who's sister was dating the recruiter, or the guy who was sent home from country after being suplexed by another dude. Dang.

Youre the idiot in the op

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Godholio posted:

My second crew had tabs made with their moms name on it and traded so every flight you had a different guy's mom. I have no idea why we did this.

Because aircrew is an inherently gay and lame bunch of motherfuckers.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

KirbyKhan posted:

Because aircrew is an inherently gay and lame bunch of motherfuckers.

I am not gay. Your assertion is only half right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Godholio posted:

I am pretty sure you were supposed to love each other's mothers. Did you not do this? Lots of unsatisfied mothers. :smith: