Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

unending stupid garbage

I will likely never get another chance to post this, but gently caress you. You are a huge knob and I hate every stupid whitenoise post I've ever seen you make. Your LPs are poo poo and you're weird and gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Cicadas! posted:

I will likely never get another chance to post this, but gently caress you. You are a huge knob and I hate every stupid whitenoise post I've ever seen you make. Your LPs are poo poo and you're weird and gross.

Not an emptyquote.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Nice.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Cicadas! posted:

Just wondering what the artist that left was responsible for. Did that really warrant your little outburst?

vv Thank you.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 2, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
You re tearing this family apart!!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Was it the one who designed the bird race? If not, I couldn't really give two shits.
Rho made the poop golem (among other things)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Cicadas! posted:

Oh, word?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lizard Wizard posted:

Was it the one who designed the bird race? If not, I couldn't really give two shits.

Hey guys look at this UNENDING GARBAGE hahahahahahahah wow this is like the shittiest post ever hahahahahahahahaha im totally not a loving retard

E: No part of this should be taken to mean that anyone here isn't a retard. It's the holidays and we should be honest.

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 2, 2014

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
You are though

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mom dad please don't fight :(

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Will we all be friends when the stable is out?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Asimo posted:

Mom dad please don't fight :(

Aww

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I could never hate cicadas, he does cool art

the rest of you motherfuckers.... :hehe:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I hope no one in here hates me for making extremely good posts :(

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I'd suggest not telling people your artist didn't leave while the artist posts that they left.

uhh? pretty sure we didnt do that, BARONS CYBER SKULL. where'd/when that happen?

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
I just want to know if someone got something wrong or its really a case of " not updating the dev page or the out of date roadmap = lying", cos lol.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Supernorn eat the eggs

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Ahundredbux posted:

Hello supernorn in like one nightly release there were playable penguins or maybe that was just some leftover idiot mod that was laying around in my folder, either way will they make a return?

There's an NPC penguin on the outpost, and it was easier to test it that way apparently. It replaced the Novakid briefly, before getting put back.

Making them a playable race might be tricky as you'd have to reconfigure a lot of stuff to accomodate them being way shorter than the other races. Stuff like the armours wouldn't work, so they'd need custom armours etc.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Two more questions:
Will it be possible to hover the mouse over buffs to see what the actually do?

And

Will custom keybinds be in the upcoming stable?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas and a starbound update to go with it. Can you do it for me chucklefish?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Whoa, good thing I posted back there Supernorn, or you would have TRIPLE-POSTED, which would definitely have been the most embarrassing thing to possibly come out of everything going on here.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Man Whore posted:

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas and a starbound update to go with it. Can you do it for me chucklefish?
Check your loving privilege, loving Cishet fucklorde.

Cicadas! posted:

This post is great.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

The next patch will be Release 1.0, and Chucklefish is really looking forward to what modders come up with (they won't be supporting Starbound after this). Merry Christmas !!

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I just got this for sorta-cheap so if it's unsalvageable I won't be too miffed but so far it seems like space-terraria. I get that updates are much delayed but if I just want to dork around by myself like I was soloing terraria is this "complete"? Like, if I don't give a poo poo about musical plants but do want to go to planets, mine for goods, build poo poo, and kill some monsters and bosses where will this fall short?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Dear Santa

For christmas i want starbound to never be released, just so the gnashing of nerd teeth can continue endlessly.

From
rrussom.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Ahundredbux posted:

Two more questions:
Will it be possible to hover the mouse over buffs to see what the actually do?

And

Will custom keybinds be in the upcoming stable?

Not yet, there's a bunch of GUI work that needs doing and these two are listed. But they probably won't make it in for the next release.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Well poo poo, thanks for letting me know, at least

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Rrussom posted:

Dear Santa

For christmas i want starbound to never be released, just so the gnashing of nerd teeth can continue endlessly.

From
rrussom.

Christmas comes early!

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

Christmas comes early!

HOORAAY

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Any day now!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Up til August they still had the old development team page with all the people who left or got fired on it. People like Legris (fired), Rho (quit), Bartwe (quit), Solatrus (?), Fetalstar (was she even a paid employee?), Tastycrumpet (quit in February 2014? Listed as former staff, first member on the forums, probably the guy who made the website who quit), Archvince (who?), and thefluvirus (who?).

If you want to see what I'm talking about Web Archive has a snapshot of the chucklefuck website: http://web.archive.org/web/20140626100803/http://www.chucklefish.org/

I've seen friends remain in the credits for MMOs they worked on 6-12 months after they left. This is some seriously petty nitpicking to whine about them not updating unimportant stuff like that list.

Rho (i'm sure you are smart and don't read this thread) you better still be working on Gnomoria. :argh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I don't think anyone cares that they're not updating the list of people who left, I think they care that a bunch of people have left

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I spent my kids college fund on starbound, or i would have if a woman would touch me

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

oddium posted:

I don't think anyone cares that they're not updating the list of people who left, I think they care that a bunch of people have left

yeah this is what made me arch an eye-brow but I think it might explain why there hasn't been a stable update in 6 months.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Well, the list is for Former team members AND Contributors. Considering Supernorn is listed, and clearly still working on things and thus not in the 'former' category, It isn't a doomsday list unless you really stretch.

Bartwe and Rho are the only people on that list that have left AND are of any prominence in the team that even I can recall, the rest of these people could be contributors current or former.

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 3, 2014

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Please stop derailing the thread with talk about the game StarBound.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
We all are trapped in this thread with the hope of an update ensnaring us.

Starbondage

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

oddium posted:

Really makes you wonder what's causing the team to dissolve behind the scenes.

I mean the easy answer is that the game sucks and its developers are realizing that and jumping ship, but what if instead the game sucks because Tiy is just a huge dickhole who makes everyone want to get as far away as possible. We have to consider the alternative which is that things are rotten from the inside and that's causing the game to suffer for the end user.
I'm just saying what if.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

at this point all i'd care about is some sort of 1.0 version coming out, and then they can all gently caress off wherever they want and maybe we'll get to see some accounts of the management being lovely or something later once any potential NDAs wear off

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ColHannibal posted:

Starbondage

That mod was a little too freaky, please don't remind me of it because it's triggering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

remember when tiy thought this thread was his safe space and that the majority goon opinion about the game was positive, which caused all the people who were just silently disappointed in the game to come out of the woodwork to make sure he knew that wasnt the case? that was funny.

• Locked thread