Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

jebeebus posted:

framerate: fixed (and not variable, because you want constant 60fps)
vsync: off (read discussion above)

yeah an update on "I am mad at usf4 netcoding" turns out I'm a massive twat because my friend forgot to turn off vsync and it's suddenly gone from absolutely unplayable to pretty alright.

It's a little worrying that one guy having their settings wrong causes the game to go absolutely unplayable but hey gently caress it I was an rear end in a top hat who was mad and didn't run through all the possibilities beforehand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
i really don't get why variable framerate is even a loving option, is that still the default setting? i remember it was for vanilla or something...

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
Capcom couldn't even keep the SFXT costume unlock method closed over two patches (it works again!!). I don't expect them to be able to do anything sane in regard to USF4 pc like make people's default video options not poo poo.

Waynebo fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 2, 2014

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I think they are done with the PC version. They made their money and are done with it unless a new iteration of SF4 comes out. Anything that comes to console that they can no-effort port will go to PC, but anything PC specific will not happen.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

systran posted:

I think they are done with the PC version. They made their money and are done with it unless a new iteration of SF4 comes out. Anything that comes to console that they can no-effort port will go to PC, but anything PC specific will not happen.

they have multiple patches announced

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

jebeebus posted:

i really don't get why variable framerate is even a loving option, is that still the default setting? i remember it was for vanilla or something...

Especially considering that there's a bug (or at least was in AE) where if you had Smooth framerate, Rose's Soul Throw would do no damage.
That's insane. I'm glad someone in this thread recognized it as being Smooth framerate problem.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 3, 2014

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Jack Trades posted:

Especially considering that there's a bug (or at least was in AE) where if you had Variable framerate, Rose's Soul Throw would do no damage.
That's insane. I'm glad someone in this thread recognized it as being Variable framerate problem.

what

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm telling you.
In AE, on PC, if your framerate mode was set to Smooth a Soul Throw hit would not do any damage at all about 30% of the time.

I tested the poo poo out of it in Training Mode back when I played Rose and I couldn't figure out why Soul Throw didn't do any damage sometimes until somebody in this thread told me that it was probably Smooth framerate.

EDIT: Actually it's Smooth that causes this bug, not Variable.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 3, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

I'm telling you.
In AE, on PC, if your framerate mode was set to Variable a Soul Throw hit would not do any damage at all about 30% of the time.

Something about skipping the active frames of the move, if I'm not mistaken.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Actually the bug is still in the game even in Ultra.
http://youtu.be/z7oaGz8DnkU

PSA: Don't use Smooth Framerate option.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jack Trades posted:

Actually the bug is still in the game even in Ultra.
http://youtu.be/z7oaGz8DnkU

PSA: Don't use Smooth Framerate option.

Lol, what the gently caress.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Where's the best place to order sanwa parts from these days? I have an old madcatz SE sitting around that I'm finally gonna get around to modding.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
Smooth and Variable frame rate options are literally just options to break the game if you set the graphics settings too high, that they even exist is crazy. Who wants to play SF4 at 80% speed just so they can have better graphics?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Are the Omega mode changes mentioned in these updates not comprehensive? I remember them mentioning changes to non-specials and Hugo only getting a DP and a parry seems kind of poo poo. I'd expect the parry move to jump him up a bit if he had it in regular mode but I doubt that's going to help him keep pace with all the crazy poo poo being added.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
holy poo poo i forgot smooth was another option for framerate... how does it differ from variable? fuckin chroist

those two options are most likely the reason why the netplay on PC is so loving bad

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011
It's genuinely interesting to see some of the same settings lessons learned from quake nearly twenty years ago applying to sf4.

vsync off
No mouse smoothing
Maxfps set to 72 or 125

Whelp, whatever stops a shoto whiff an lp dp then just ex it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

burger time posted:

Where's the best place to order sanwa parts from these days? I have an old madcatz SE sitting around that I'm finally gonna get around to modding.

i like focus-attack since i'm east coast and they ship from PA. theres also Paradise Arcade (which ships from Hawaii). either are fine.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvZzo5PZ5U

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

They made the video private already. It was a SF5 teaser. PS4 and PC only.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_RD0sSWavw

tunaism
Dec 24, 2011
ouuuuuuuuuuuugh punchman 5! I wonder where in the timeline it'll be.

Volty
Jul 25, 2013
Pleeeeease let them actually get PC netcode right this time.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Mirrors of that teaser trailer keep getting taken down. I don't think this game was supposed to be announced until tonight/tomorrow. :v:

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/540854375761969153

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

the few moments they show of gameplay are actually quite underwhelming, but they give close to no hints of how the gameplay will be different. The one hint I noticed was that Chun was doing what looked like an actual aircombo, which makes me think the game will be less 'dry' than sf4...but it also looked a little bit stiff and lovely like SFxT

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Anyone got a reupload of that video?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Jack Trades posted:

Anyone got a reupload of that video?

http://a.pomf.se/wehvmc.mp4

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Volty posted:

Pleeeeease let them actually get PC netcode right this time.

that would require them to get the netcode right at all first

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

systran posted:

the few moments they show of gameplay are actually quite underwhelming, but they give close to no hints of how the gameplay will be different. The one hint I noticed was that Chun was doing what looked like an actual aircombo, which makes me think the game will be less 'dry' than sf4...but it also looked a little bit stiff and lovely like SFxT

Yeah there's not really anything to talk about gameplay-wise. That looked like alpha footage. Everything will be different by the time they actually show it off.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

some gifs here:

http://kotaku.com/street-fighter-v-is-a-ps4-pc-exclusive-1667170903

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

So is SFV the reason why USF4 on PC is being neglected?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teagone posted:

So is SFV the reason why USF4 on PC is being neglected?

Most likely.
The reason USF4 netcode is so awful is that Capcom hired some lovely Polish company to port the netcode over to Steamworks and after they were done (PC Release) they decided not to work with Capcom any more.

If you read the last patchnotes you'll notice that all "netcode" changes are stuff that are most likely just different numbers in variables. Probably because nobody wants to spend time digging in that awful code.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
What's hosed up about the netcode "changes" is that players pointed out what the problems were in detail, even including the type of network traffic that is disrupting players in the middle of a game session. They acknowledged the problem and promised to fix it after seeing these reports and then final result is that they changed some numbers.

e: Basically I'm waiting for their next trailer to have in big giant letters that they are going to use rollback netcode or something before I get excited

apple fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 5, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
the logo makes it look like the game will be called "Street Fighters V"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 5, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Welcome, to the world of Street Fighter...5?

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

I think it is about time they change it to "Fighters" since there are so many Street Fighters now, not just one

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe even 5 of them?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Maybe even 5 of them?

Probably even V of them. Capital V even.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spermgod posted:

that would require them to get the netcode right at all first

It is 2014, fighting game netcode has been solved, and developers are still using rollback. Someone please tell japan how to stop being stubborn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Pomp posted:

Someone please tell japan how to stop being stubborn.

Humans will sooner grow wings than accomplish that.

• Locked thread