Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snodig
Oct 5, 2014

ruffz posted:

$150 for the Archeum Founder's pack and then I spent almost $80 on apex/credits before I realized this game was going to fail. So I paid $230 to play the game for 2 months on the live server plus a few months on Alpha. Which is why I feel so burnt. I'm dumb for not realizing what I was doing.

Ouch. That's quite a few full priced games or even any other MMO + a year of subscription. I'm sorry you got burned like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

ruffz posted:

As I stated before, I'm basically just logging in to pay property taxes until my archeum subscription ends sometime in January. I'm a sick bastard that wants to hold onto the land only to keep it from other players.

i read the opiates and heroin thread and even by those standards your addiction is p dark

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you guys want a good laugh tho, go read the topic about The Crackhead Clubhouse on GBS

p funny

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you get to see that goons that melt down over fishing are less pathetic than the goons that take drugs that consistently cause them to poo poo all overthemselves, and way less pathetic than the friends of those goons who literally bathe the poo poo off of them when that happens

also a guy was on a bunch of illegal drugs in addition to legal ones, passed out in his car in 104 degree weather, died, and his wife was asking TCC the proper way to take the drugs that had just killed her husband and also how to make that pesky insurance agency pay out

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
That's too dark for me.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Holyshoot posted:

What a sweet single player game that could be.

Dynasty Warriors is a pretty fun game.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ruffz posted:

$150 for the Archeum Founder's pack and then I spent almost $80 on apex/credits before I realized this game was going to fail. So I paid $230 to play the game for 2 months on the live server plus a few months on Alpha. Which is why I feel so burnt. I'm dumb for not realizing what I was doing.

Welcome to the bad with money crew :shobon:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i never make bad mmo purchasing decisions *camera slowly pans to warhammer online collector's edition*

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sword_man.xmas posted:

i never make bad mmo purchasing decisions *camera slowly pans to warhammer online collector's edition*

Could be worse.

You could have bought Wildstar. :suicide:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvAznIRVLA

remember this vid

lol

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Stanley Pain posted:

Welcome to the bad with money crew :shobon:

You could say he has... more money than sense?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Alteisen posted:

Could be worse.

You could have bought Wildstar. :suicide:

I bought wildstar and have a lifetime sub to TSW. Do I win?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
I've already decided that pantheon will be my next MMO.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

sword_man.xmas posted:

I played WAR too, however I bought the standard edition for it so the sting wasn't as bad when it poo poo the bed. Thankfully ArcheAge and SWTOR are the only MMOs that I got suckered into dropping $150 on, however the $50-60 each for the other dozen failures I've experienced add up. I avoided Wildstar somehow.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Syndlig posted:

You could say he has... more money than sense?

:shopkeeper: Indeed

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Eonwe posted:

you get to see that goons that melt down over fishing are less pathetic than the goons that take drugs that consistently cause them to poo poo all overthemselves, and way less pathetic than the friends of those goons who literally bathe the poo poo off of them when that happens

also a guy was on a bunch of illegal drugs in addition to legal ones, passed out in his car in 104 degree weather, died, and his wife was asking TCC the proper way to take the drugs that had just killed her husband and also how to make that pesky insurance agency pay out

Man there's some really hosed up poo poo out there. I feel like I should save these people some money, beat them over the loving head and when they wake up, tell them they totally hooked up with that hot chick but she's in jail now but man you were awesome.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Bauxite posted:

I bought wildstar and have a lifetime sub to TSW. Do I win?

come join Friendly Goon "Demographic" in small-group questing in TSW once I figure out how to make an account

I don't know if it is still on sale but yesterday it was like 7 bucks

i miss u goons...

glug posted:

Man there's some really hosed up poo poo out there. I feel like I should save these people some money, beat them over the loving head and when they wake up, tell them they totally hooked up with that hot chick but she's in jail now but man you were awesome.

a number of kids (i don't want to reconcile that these were grown adults) in the opiates thread have died. someone's husband died last week from drinking so many bottles of diarhea medication that his heart exploded. one sat nodding out on the high for so long that the circulation stopped for so long that his arm fell off...but at least he got his thatched in auroria!!

atlas of bugs fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 2, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I own TSW

I might fire that terrible game back up too

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Eonwe posted:

I own TSW

TSW Wasn't that bad of a Game to be honest... I too have a lifetime sub... I should probably play it sometime soon to see what is new.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Eonwe posted:

I own TSW

it seems much more "casual"...which appeals to me

and it cant be worse than archeage

...is there a fishing mechanic?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The best part about TSW was going back and doing investigation missions with a friend who hadn't done them yet and just being a smug gently caress over mumble because it's hard to not sound smug when you really do know the answer but don't want to tell them.

Except for the emoting thing in the kingsmouth sewers, I wasn't gonna put him through figuring out that poo poo. A gentle nudge with a "you know some things in this game are actually triggered by emotes, it's weird" felt like a good thing to do at that point.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Bauxite posted:

The best part about TSW was going back and doing investigation missions with a friend who hadn't done them yet and just being a smug gently caress over mumble because it's hard to not sound smug when you really do know the answer but don't want to tell them.

Except for the emoting thing in the kingsmouth sewers, I wasn't gonna put him through figuring out that poo poo. A gentle nudge with a "you know some things in this game are actually triggered by emotes, it's weird" felt like a good thing to do at that point.

that's cool, seeing as how things in Real Life can be triggered by emotes as well

(though I can imagine MMO players struggling with it, hehe)

Tempus Thales posted:

TSW Wasn't that bad of a Game to be honest... I too have a lifetime sub... I should probably play it sometime soon to see what is new.

lets pick a server

Bukowski and douche nozzle, come...with...me.... :unsmith:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Let me know what server you guys pick

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Grim is the server goons rolled on at launch, may as well go with that in case other goons decide they want to play and bring an older character with a new build.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
suits me just fine!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to rp as a fisherman

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

The Secret World is a genuinely interesting game. It's got some of my favorite characters in MMOs (Saïd, pretty much everyone in the Innsmouth Academy), but if you don't build your character right or have someone to play with it drags really bad in Blue Mountain and later zones. I pretty much gave up once I got to the second Egypt zone because I just didn't care about any of the characters there and it's an annoyingly huge zone with very little interesting sights.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I'm playing Hearthstone while I wait for WoW to come back up from a 12 hour maintenance :toot:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Syndlig posted:

The Secret World is a genuinely interesting game. It's got some of my favorite characters in MMOs (Saïd, pretty much everyone in the Innsmouth Academy), but if you don't build your character right or have someone to play with it drags really bad in Blue Mountain and later zones. I pretty much gave up once I got to the second Egypt zone because I just didn't care about any of the characters there and it's an annoyingly huge zone with very little interesting sights.

second egypt zone is legit the worst zone in the game. Once you're at a certain QL, I want to say 7-8 across the board, you should just not go there anymore and go to transylvania because it gets amazing again.

Cindare
Dec 20, 2006
Confirming that Transylvania is super fun. That said, I for one kinda liked the Middle Eastern warzone feel to Egypt.

TSW is worthwhile because like other B2P games, you can put the game down with zero regret or obligation.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > The Secret World: At Least It's Not Heroin

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Cindare posted:

Confirming that Transylvania is super fun. That said, I for one kinda liked the Middle Eastern warzone feel to Egypt.

TSW is worthwhile because like other B2P games, you can put the game down with zero regret or obligation.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > The Secret World: At Least It's Not Heroin

Scorched Desert is actually pretty rad, it was basically this big all-out brawl between Filth monsters, insane sun god cultists and the local population who were trying to just not get sacrificed or eaten by monsters. City of the Sun God is the one that everyone hates because it's just "help the ghost of this dead Egyptian god, now help the ghost of THIS dead Egyptian god" ad infinitum.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
I stopped playing TSW awhile ago because I lost interest in it. If you guys play it might install it again. Maybe.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

I stopped playing TSW awhile ago because I lost interest in it. If you guys play it might install it again. Maybe.

literally playing right now

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Syndlig posted:

Scorched Desert is actually pretty rad, it was basically this big all-out brawl between Filth monsters, insane sun god cultists and the local population who were trying to just not get sacrificed or eaten by monsters. City of the Sun God is the one that everyone hates because it's just "help the ghost of this dead Egyptian god, now help the ghost of THIS dead Egyptian god" ad infinitum.

this sounds dope as heck

I see you can be in the Illuminati with 2pac, or be a Templar...so, religious zealots who heal the world with Assault Rifles?

I'm not sure I like the sound of that; seems like you're role-playing as ISIS.......

oh and a faction of handsome korean dudes and cat people
per usual

And it looks like it has a similar skill system, with Combos and mix-n-match classes.
So far so good.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Bauxite posted:

literally playing right now

literally

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

atlas of bugs posted:

this sounds dope as heck

I see you can be in the Illuminati with 2pac, or be a Templar...so, religious zealots who heal the world with Assault Rifles?

I'm not sure I like the sound of that; seems like you're role-playing as ISIS.......

oh and a faction of handsome korean dudes and cat people
per usual

And it looks like it has a similar skill system, with Combos and mix-n-match classes.
So far so good.

dragons get a free blowjob

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
post count +1

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
thats all this thread is good for anymore, imo

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
TSW is a good game it's just a bad MMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
massive multiplayer singleplayer online game

• Locked thread