Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Morglon posted:

I wouldn't really go that far but there is a really solid single player game in there. Unlike the Old Republic you don't get forced into a single player instance every other step so grouping is perfectly viable. You can even repeat most of the missions for the same reward later if you want to experience it on your own before/after doing it with someone else and outleveling isn't really a thing either.

Except my Illuminati character is stuck at a solo instance unless I spend the time farming AP to get a non-healing spec
Because gently caress the underground tunnel area

At least in SWTOR I could solo all the solo missions with no major setbacks. But other than the story missions SWTOR is meh and at least TSW has a bunch of cool story stuff all over the place

Archeage only has houses, boats, and trading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Guys your "trolls" and "poo poo posts" are some how preventing people from posting seriously on the offsite and this is a VERY BIG DEAL. Please stop. It's christmas.

wtfmoses fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 3, 2014

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Anyone left on this specifically hosted forum that can host a forum??

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am hoisted by my own forumtard

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

wtfmoses posted:

Guys your "trolls" and "poo poo posts" are some how preventing people from posting seriously on the offsite and this is a VERY BIG DEAL. Please stop. It's christmas.

He calls the game terrible in his post, he's a troll!

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Eonwe needs a one of those royal criers to announce his titles every time he appears. "Eonwe, the Laptdog of Widestancer, The Slayer of ArcheAge and Goon Squad, the Bringer of Bad News, honored be his name!". Jesus, the persecution complex about a terrible korean video game is getting way over the top. Relax dudes.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

wtfmoses posted:

ok, a couple things:

1) you guys keep linking posts from the same guy. so it isn't like there is this great upheaval of fishers somewhere that are hiding in the shadows and grumping at the socially well-adjusted spies in their midst. it seems like just one guy.

2) I don't remember playing with him in-game, but based on the forum stuff: that one guy just seems like someone who really hates confrontation and is just scared of folks, from wherever, looking at all his posts and mocking him. which, I mean -- that is exactly what is happening.

LEAVE WONDER ALONE!!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

On one hand you got trolls.
On the other hand, you got people like wonder who refuse to make this thread better because it may stain his delicate forums rep.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
i mean, he plays archeage to escape the confrontations and the jerks and the bullies and the stress of the daily grind and all those assholes making trouble

so what happens? a bunch of childfucking cool-jerks show up and destroy his guild with their cool-guy clique, then splinter off to be elite cliquish pirates or elite cliquish fishers or elite cliquish spergs...

so then what happens? he tries to just play the game, but the company accidentally sets their servers on fire, and so he has nowehre to go but the forums to talk about his bad luck...

so then what happens? on the forums he finds a bunch of confrontational, elite cliquish forums trolls who scare him into not saying anything.

when the offsite starts to look kind of deserted, he figures it is because everyone else is also too scared to talk because of the bullies, and so asks for a third, safer forum...

and gets caught out and embarassed for that too

LEAVE WONDER ALONE :smith:

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

atlas of bugs posted:

i mean, he plays archeage to escape the confrontations and the jerks and the bullies and the stress of the daily grind and all those assholes making trouble

so what happens? a bunch of childfucking cool-jerks show up and destroy his guild with their cool-guy clique, then splinter off to be elite cliquish pirates or elite cliquish fishers or elite cliquish spergs...

so then what happens? he tries to just play the game, but the company accidentally sets their servers on fire, and so he has nowehre to go but the forums to talk about his bad luck...

so then what happens? on the forums he finds a bunch of confrontational, elite cliquish forums trolls who scare him into not saying anything.

when the offsite starts to look kind of deserted, he figures it is because everyone else is also too scared to talk because of the bullies, and so asks for a third, safer forum...

and gets caught out and embarassed for that too

LEAVE WONDER ALONE :smith:

jesus christ

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
it's p dark, man

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sounds like a huge pussy, he should just kill himself

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Fauxtool posted:

He should be safe from at least some of the goons, since they only gently caress the little ones.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Fauxtool posted:

Regardless if this is ironic not, it's a terrible post which you should be ashamed of about on the level as your pedo anime collection.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
In my experience Wonder is a cool dude ingame
Also in my experience this game is a colossal fuckup.

He's still enjoying the game, and I say good for him.
However I think he's kinda barking up the wrong tree and should really ask ingame in guild chat, or just ignore eonwe.

I mean, that WAS the lesson of the previous threads to just outright ignore the shitposting right?

edit:
VVV - I don't mind you myself, I even helped you out a couple times ingame
It's just he considers you shitposting so :shrug:

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 3, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wow i dont want people to ignore me

im just a fun guy that likes video games, mostly

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tairon posted:

Eonwe needs a one of those royal criers to announce his titles every time he appears. "Eonwe, the Laptdog of Widestancer, The Slayer of ArcheAge and Goon Squad, the Bringer of Bad News, honored be his name!". Jesus, the persecution complex about a terrible korean video game is getting way over the top. Relax dudes.

lol I missed this post

mods make this my new title

thanks in advance

ThndrShk2k posted:

edit:
VVV - I don't mind you myself, I even helped you out a couple times ingame
It's just he considers you shitposting so :shrug:

no problem friend! I understand

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Also big reveal*: I'm Edia ingame.

:aaaaa:

*not so big reveal as ingame and out of game I always bragged about my loving Bungalow and Hauler/Cart/Wagon
**I also fished during prime fishing season and had no beef with no one cus I was always super nice
***That last one was probably a bigger reveal than the actual content of this post

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 3, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hi there! yeah, bungalows own

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am Eonwe in game.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Third World Reggin posted:

I am Eonwe in game.

no im Eonwe in game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
everyone has a little bit of me inside of them

:banjo:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
realtalk tho, everyone should be cool to each other in the next game we play

its going to be bad, we're going to buy it, and we should use this as a growing experience

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

realtalk tho, everyone should be cool to each other in the next game we play

its going to be bad, we're going to buy it, and we should use this as a growing experience

We need this in the OP, in bold with flashing lights all around it. No one will listen but it needs to be there just in case.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It really doesn't need to be in the op.

For the goon games I've played, it normally doesn't exist or is nearly as bad as it was in this game.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just stay away from the eve faction in any goon game and it will always work out fine

Cindare
Dec 20, 2006

Eonwe posted:

[insert BFM joke here]

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tairon posted:

The Slayer of Goon Squad,

I call dibs on that title

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
i started secret world and the first level leaves me in some lovely subway stop in some poo poo area of brooklyn

art imitating life

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Illuminati is fun you'll like it

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

ThndrShk2k posted:

Except my Illuminati character is stuck at a solo instance unless I spend the time farming AP to get a non-healing spec
Because gently caress the underground tunnel area

At least in SWTOR I could solo all the solo missions with no major setbacks. But other than the story missions SWTOR is meh and at least TSW has a bunch of cool story stuff all over the place

Archeage only has houses, boats, and trading

Honestly you should have a bunch of damage poo poo you picked up while getting your healing skills because that's pretty much the way it is. If you need some more AP i can drag you through a bunch of missions, it's super easy to get enough just to pick up the fundamentals for something else most of the time.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

angerbot posted:

Illuminati is fun you'll like it

Are New York and Seoul still dead cities populated by 2 suckers who rolled Illu/Dragon, while London is busting with all kinds of activity and has the only bank+AH?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

sauer kraut posted:

Are New York and Seoul still dead cities populated by 2 suckers who rolled Illu/Dragon, while London is busting with all kinds of activity and has the only bank+AH?

Since you can go to any of those cities as any faction it really doesn't matter and most people hang out in the Agartha anyway when they're not doing anything or looking for groups.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just don't hang out in Venice unless you're smashing your genitals in a car door grinding out those amazing cool season 8 scenarios which are in no way repetitive.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

more than a little bit :wink:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

sword_man.xmas posted:

more than a little bit :wink:

Yeah, donating that kidney was a baller move

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fish

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all the posters who still post here are on my ignore list. If people still want to have actual discussion while we still enjoy the game then just post it and ignore the people who you don't feel like seeing.

I'm looking forward to the red dragon rush when that's released soon and 1.7 should be out shortly thereafter. Stock up on buff pots because you'll need them to survive the 55 instance.

On another note, does anyone have some :words: on the underwater dungeon? What drops there, mechanics, need of dahuda's potions?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

himurak posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all the posters who still post here are on my ignore list. If people still want to have actual discussion while we still enjoy the game then just post it and ignore the people who you don't feel like seeing.

I'm looking forward to the red dragon rush when that's released soon and 1.7 should be out shortly thereafter. Stock up on buff pots because you'll need them to survive the 55 instance.

On another note, does anyone have some :words: on the underwater dungeon? What drops there, mechanics, need of dahuda's potions?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

himurak posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all the posters who still post here are on my ignore list.

Why do you have to go out on a limb for this, can't you tell? Is the page full of ignored posts or not?

Also everything you else you posted is a transparent attempt at forcing a new conversation because it's the MMO equivalent of "how's the weather?". Oh, MMO players should use buffs when raiding? Hot tip you got there! Hey I also heard that when in PvP you should turn your character with the mouse instead of the arrow keys on the keyboard. It's a lot faster and more precise that way!

• Locked thread