Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Gothmog posted:

This thread is Crafty's personal tower defense game.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Gothmog posted:

This thread is Crafty's personal tower defense game.

Where are my achievements?

fisheyel83l posted:

Crafty do you realize people point out Xbone game sales because MS desperately needs system sellers?

I mean they've bargain-binned their console in less than a year and have had to give away every single major release title just to try to get people onboard. And all before the hardware ever stood a chance of being profitable.

Titanfall's numbers are significant because it was another in a long stream of non-system sellers that finally found it's pricing sweet spot at a quarter of its retail price.

The MCC is MS's biggest release of the year and it's been a long wet fart of a release. That one game WAS their holiday strategy. You keep bringing up PS4 games in comparison but literally nobody, not even Sony, cares that any one game isn't a killer app. The burden of carrying a failed console on its shoulders is the unique privilege of some future XBone game.

You need system sellers when your console is more expensive than the competition. So Sony had better get a system seller or they're hosed. They don't have the money reserve for price drops, they don't even have money to pay their execs bonuses. Pretty sure some factories in China will be bouncing Sony checks very shortly unless bloodbourne releases on time and is good.

As it stands MS don't need system sellers, though I think in FH2, Sunset overdrive and MCC they arguably already have them. Absolutely more so than Sonys poor first party efforts

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

univbee posted:

For Black Friday buyers? gently caress yeah. Remember that quite a few of the people spending 13+ hours in line are poor as poo poo and basically saved up all year and use Black Friday to min-max their entertainment budget, and I have no doubt that there were people in line with $350ish in their pocket (or only that much earmarked for a console) and literally couldn't buy the PS4 even if they wanted to, or opted to get the Xbone + a game of their choosing or some such deal. The sticker price, as in how much people are actually paying to walk out with the console, makes a bigger difference than you'd think.

so if xbox tops the charts this time does it become the poorbone?

e; yes crafty confirms the xbox ecosystem is now a poors ghetto

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

They said their game would be good, how dare they. Help me, I'm allergic to hype. Grab my EpiPen :qq:

lol if you can't see the difference between "buy our game it's going to be good" and "OH MY loving GOD THIS GAME IS SO INTENSE YOU HAVE TO TAKE A BREATHER BETWEEN ROUNDS HOLY poo poo TITANFALL IS BETTER THAN SEX YOU GUYS"

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation

Crafty posted:

You need system sellers when your console is more expensive than the competition. So Sony had better get a system seller or they're hosed. They don't have the money reserve for price drops, they don't even have money to pay their execs bonuses. Pretty sure some factories in China will be bouncing Sony checks very shortly unless bloodbourne releases on time and is good.

As it stands MS don't need system sellers, though I think in FH2, Sunset overdrive and MCC they arguably already have them.

Sony's system seller is called the Playstation 4, it's already out

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

As it stands MS don't need system sellers, though I think in FH2, Sunset overdrive and MCC they arguably already have them. Absolutely more so than Sonys poor first party efforts

Sony =/= Sony Computer Entertainment, fuckboy.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

lol if you can't see the difference between "buy our game it's going to be good" and "OH MY loving GOD THIS GAME IS SO INTENSE YOU HAVE TO TAKE A BREATHER BETWEEN ROUNDS HOLY poo poo TITANFALL IS BETTER THAN SEX YOU GUYS"

Oh so all this "hype" bollocks you've been banging on about for 15 posts is actually pointed towards that one developer that said his game was very exciting? Why didn't you just say that at the start.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

fisheyel83l posted:

Sony's system seller is called the Playstation 4, it's already out

Here it is! Grab it while it's hot! Anyone....... Anyone?

:laugh:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
im more hype for npd than any game this year

have you SEEN the anecdotal reports of sold out bones?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

fisheyel83l posted:

I mean they've bargain-binned their console in less than a year and have had to give away every single major release title just to try to get people onboard. And all before the hardware ever stood a chance of being profitable.

I still can't believe they completely abandoned everything the Xbone was supposed to be 6 months after release. They've killed the kinect and had to do a temporary (LOL if you think they're raising the price back to $399.99) price drop to $349.99. It will be $249.99 by E3 as they try to raise sales any way they can before shopping it to Amazon/Comcast/etc.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

HyperPuma posted:

im more hype for npd than any game this year

have you SEEN the anecdotal reports of sold out bones?

And pre black friday in the UK

quote:

It’s hit this number after out-selling PlayStation 4 for three weeks in a row, UK retailers have told us. The numbers are based on their GfK Chart-Track reports.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-sells-1m-in-the-uk/0141711

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Crafty posted:

I'll give you five hundred gamer points if you kill Bobtista. That dude is the loving worst

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Crafty posted:

As it stands MS don't need system sellers, though I think in FH2, Sunset overdrive and MCC they arguably already have them.

The default graphical upgrade game to buy at launch, a game so unappealing they had to give it away as a free rental for a weekend, and a few decades old games that you spend an entire day installing to find out they don't work.

:vince:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

Oh so all this "hype" bollocks you've been banging on about for 15 posts is actually pointed towards that one developer that said his game was very exciting? Why didn't you just say that at the start.

Yeah that one developer, and Microsoft, and the publisher, and basically anyone remotely linked with Xbox and the developer. The 'exclusive' game that was going to sell a billion bones. Which you are somehow trying to connect to a game that was out on a competing platform just as "a game that is out buy it if you like that kind of game" because that is exactly the same level of marketing in your weird backwards brain.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The default graphical upgrade game to buy at launch, a game so unappealing they had to give it away as a free rental for a weekend, and a few decades old games that you spend an entire day installing to find out they don't work.

:vince:

Yes but when you compare it to Knack Killzone and Infamous you see what a god send Phil Games Spencer really is.

Phil Spencer Ackbar

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

eric posted:

I still can't believe they completely abandoned everything the Xbone was supposed to be 6 months after release. They've killed the kinect and had to do a temporary (LOL if you think they're raising the price back to $399.99) price drop to $349.99. It will be $249.99 by E3 as they try to raise sales any way they can before shopping it to Amazon/Comcast/etc.

I think Shadow Puppet might be right in this case, in that there is a decent chance Microsoft actually will raise the official price back to $399 because Microsoft is all about making their numbers look as good as possible for shareholders and the like. You also get into weird accounting snafu, in that every Bone sold right now is still regarded as a $399 sale, with the $50 discount being part of the advertising budget (and this is also true when you're talking about the bundled games).

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

Yeah that one developer, and Microsoft, and the publisher, and basically anyone remotely linked with Xbox and the developer. The 'exclusive' game that was going to sell a billion bones. Which you are somehow trying to connect to a game that was out on a competing platform just as "a game that is out buy it if you like that kind of game" because that is exactly the same level of marketing in your weird backwards brain.

Yeah but by my scientific HYPE calculations Destiny received exactly 12 times as much HYPE as Titanfall but reviewed at 75 metacrits compared to Titanfalls 86 metacrits.

That's a difference of 11 metacrits which is almost exactly the difference in the amount of HYPE the games received so clearly Titanfall is a much better game and therefore completely deserving of all its HYPE.

I rest my case.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Good.

Titanfall had more hype than any game that was ever hyped in the history of hype and games.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Titanfall is better than Destiny, there's just a lot more reasons to keep playing Destiny.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

I think Shadow Puppet might be right in this case, in that there is a decent chance Microsoft actually will raise the official price back to $399 because Microsoft is all about making their numbers look as good as possible for shareholders and the like. You also get into weird accounting snafu, in that every Bone sold right now is still regarded as a $399 sale, with the $50 discount being part of the advertising budget (and this is also true when you're talking about the bundled games).

They won't raise it back to $399.99. It's barely treading water with the PS4 in the US at $349.99/$329.99 and two free games. It's dead worldwide.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Titanfall is better than Destiny, there's just a lot more reasons to keep playing Destiny.

Reasons to keep playing Destiny :

I've poo poo my pants already so whats the point in moving now, at least it's warm.

I'm so depressed by all this repetitive grinding that if I stop I might kill myself in real life.

This game came free with my White PS4 and it's the only non poo poo game available on this platform.

There's smoke coming from my DS4 analogue sticks and I'm worried that if I put it down it may never work again.

My family hate me and I'll never find a wife.

I've shot this boss 19,000 times during this 12 hour encounter and he's nearly at half health, may as well see if he drops some good loot.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Crafty posted:

Reasons to keep playing Destiny :

I've poo poo my pants already so whats the point in moving now, at least it's warm.

I'm so depressed by all this repetitive grinding that if I stop I might kill myself in real life.

This game came free with my White PS4 and it's the only non poo poo game available on this platform.

There's smoke coming from my DS4 analogue sticks and I'm worried that if I put it down it may never work again.

My family hate me and I'll never find a wife.

I've shot this boss 19,000 times during this 12 hour encounter and he's nearly at half health, may as well see if he drops some good loot.

It didn't come free with the white PS4, it was merely a $10 discount. And your personal feelings for the game aside there's no doubt it's the more popular title by far. ):

Texibus
May 18, 2008

univbee posted:

For Black Friday buyers? gently caress yeah. Remember that quite a few of the people spending 13+ hours in line are poor as poo poo and basically saved up all year and use Black Friday to min-max their entertainment budget, and I have no doubt that there were people in line with $350ish in their pocket (or only that much earmarked for a console) and literally couldn't buy the PS4 even if they wanted to, or opted to get the Xbone + a game of their choosing or some such deal. The sticker price, as in how much people are actually paying to walk out with the console, makes a bigger difference than you'd think.

I was commenting on how much revenue they were losing by discounting the Xbox one to its Black Friday levels, which wasn't as much as PS4, not that 70 isn't a substantial amount of money.

Edit: And I made that comment because the guy before me was saying they were cutting it down to rock bottom prices.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 3, 2014

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Texibus posted:

I was commenting on how much revenue they were losing by discounting the Xbox one to its Black Friday levels, which wasn't as much as PS4, not that 70 isn't a substantial amount of money.

Yeah plus by sticking in digital downloads MS are saving a bit more money. Considering you can get physical black flag for a few dollars now I imagine Ubisoft handed that game off for literally cents.

GTA 5 and TLOU:R physical hold more value than two digital rear end creed games.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Texibus posted:

Yeah but you have to remember that the Xbone costs more to manufacture due to the 32MB of eSRAM.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Crafty posted:

You'll get em as soon as Live finally manages to have more uptime than downtime.

quote:

As it stands MS don't need system sellers

Not when you give the console away with a ton of games you don't.

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 3, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
At this point xboners probably see the word "uptime" and pause for a second to make sure they aren't walking into an updog joke

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
What is th Xbox's system sellers for the first half of 2015? They have Halo 5 later, but what's happening in th early part of the year?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

What is th Xbox's system sellers for the first half of 2015? They have Halo 5 later, but what's happening in th early part of the year?

At this point it looks like basically all the upcoming system exclusives are summer at the earliest (with most being fall/Q4).

Fable (TBA)
Quantum Break (Fall)
Halo 5 (Fall)
Scalebound (2016)
Crackdown (2016)
Screamride (March 3rd 2015; yay?)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Fall)
State of Decay: Year One Edition (Spring 2015)
Ori and the Blind Forest (Early 2015)

Maybe there'll be some surprise announcements, though.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Yeah but you have to remember that the Xbone costs more to manufacture due to the 32MB of eSRAM.

That and RAM that has hit its pricefloor and will only go up as time goes on.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

univbee posted:

At this point it looks like basically all the upcoming system exclusives are summer at the earliest (with most being fall/Q4).

Fable (TBA)
Quantum Break (Fall)
Halo 5 (Fall)
Scalebound (2016)
Crackdown (2016)
Screamride (March 3rd 2015; yay?)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Fall)
State of Decay: Year One Edition (Spring 2015)
Ori and the Blind Forest (Early 2015)

Maybe there'll be some surprise announcements, though.

So Ori, State of Decay and outside chance of Fable: Legends? What's Screamride?

I'm curious because they've said they aren't announcing anything new at the VGA's or whatever it's called now, so I wonder what there plan is to offset the price going back up, if they're genuinely committed to that.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i'm using forza right now to pick out wheels i want for my real life miata, lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
State of Decay is a cool game and I hope Undead Labs gets the support they deserve

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

What's Screamride?

A potential Roller Coaster Tycoon thingie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4E9j6mEEx8

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

State of Decay is a cool game and I hope Undead Labs gets the support they deserve

It was really good, but it was broken as gently caress at launch and their delays and broken promises really soured me on it after a while, because it felt really hollow as a result. I'd prefer a sequel than a rerelease.

univbee posted:

A potential Roller Coaster Tycoon thingie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4E9j6mEEx8

Looks cool, but I wouldn't call it a 'system seller' based on that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Intel&Sebastian posted:

State of Decay

Digging the new Xbox One name.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hey remember last gen how every indie dev who worked with MS had nothing but bad things to say about them?

And remember how MS has spent the last year trying to trick indies into working with them again in response to Sony and Nintedo's recent push towards smaller games? Unconfirmed reports suggest that they're not being paid for their work lately.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Dan Didio posted:

It was really good, but it was broken as gently caress at launch and their delays and broken promises really soured me on it after a while, because it felt really hollow as a result. I'd prefer a sequel than a rerelease.

On the other hand I got it around launch and wasn't aware of what they were promising (other than the way-future plans for developing the series into some kind of MMO) so I just felt good that they were doing meaningful updates to it. It was super janky though. I used to describe it as one of the best PS2 games I've ever played.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crafty posted:

You need to place 1st on the monthly leaderboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Aphrodite posted:

You need to place 1st on the monthly leaderboards.

Please, 1th.

• Locked thread