Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I think a big part of the VS's current woes are that they're still Waterson VS and Mattherson VS to a huge degree.

You guys are always welcome on the NC. I know it drives you crazy how we all think alerts are dumb but let's be real here, I'm pretty sure you're the last of even the VS outfits that really cares about them at this point.

Plus, Cyclone HA

Theres still a few mattherson VS outfits that care when their leaders are on and i know AOD/BWC/1TR/382 on TR care though on NC i think its only BAX that cares anymore with a few older mattherson NC outfits that care when their leaders are on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I can't play NC HA anymore because now I'm forced to choose between the Jackhammer and the Baron. One is a slug-shotgunner's dream come true and the other has a "melt your poo poo" 3-burst.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Epic High Five posted:

Plus, Cyclone HA

Speaking of SMG heavies...I decided to go down that route since the auraxium requirement is only 4 guns (as well as a reward to each class!) and I'm having a grand of a fuckin' time.
It's no cyclone, but currently using the sirius xm satellite radio SMG and running around with overshield and a 50 round bullet hose is superb fun.

Anyone have opinions on the NS SMG's? They both start off with 30 rounds, is it still exmag mandatory like the 25 round SMG's or can you get away with laser sights on pdw/mkv?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

treizebee posted:

Speaking of SMG heavies...I decided to go down that route since the auraxium requirement is only 4 guns (as well as a reward to each class!) and I'm having a grand of a fuckin' time.
It's no cyclone, but currently using the sirius xm satellite radio SMG and running around with overshield and a 50 round bullet hose is superb fun.

Anyone have opinions on the NS SMG's? They both start off with 30 rounds, is it still exmag mandatory like the 25 round SMG's or can you get away with laser sights on pdw/mkv?

Ex-mags is mandatory in my opinion because of the pitiful DPM. Without it you're gonna be hitting the reload before you kill a guy way more than you'd want.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

sitchelin posted:

I stuck C4 to a Harasser sniping a spawn sunderer. Before I could detonate it the guy noticed and sped off. The C4 hovered in place like what I just did was a loving Looney Tunes gag. :soe:

Just tonight I saw right in front of me an LA drop C4 onto a sunderer, and when it made contact it slowly begane drifting into space like in zero gravity.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Just tonight I saw right in front of me an LA drop C4 onto a sunderer, and when it made contact it slowly begane drifting into space like in zero gravity.

:soe:

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Nov 3
Daily sale: Stalwart (m) / Smooth (f) Voice Pack
Members sale: NS-7 PDW*

* Don't buy this - it's cheaper as part of the "Fresh Meat" starter pack

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Haha, I was tempted to buy that voice set for 25% off but decided to wait and hope it hit 50% off.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

o muerte posted:

e: Had a great interaction with one of Emerald's pillars of the community earlier:

You probably deserved it for playing TR. :allears:

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

A Tartan Tory posted:

Someone has to take one for the team and keep the game alive :negative:

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
Any time I see a DaPP player, it reminds me of this: DaPooP

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Nov 3
Daily sale: Stalwart (m) / Smooth (f) Voice Pack
Members sale: NS-7 PDW*

* Don't buy this - it's cheaper as part of the "Fresh Meat" starter pack

Just posting to say thank you. Wouldn't have noticed that about the PDW otherwise, and I would have needed to log in.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

A Tartan Tory posted:

Is it ever a surprise to anyone that the relentless vehicle farmers are almost always incorrigible childish assholes? Their personalities manifest in the way the 'play' the game, it's impressive.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 3, 2014

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

Is it ever a surprise to anyone that the relentless vehicle farmers are almost always incorrigible childish assholes? Their personalities manifest in the way the 'play' the game, it's impressive.

Hey I farm in HE lightnings all the time and I'm not an incorrigile chldish assh...oh...oh wait. :smith:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

A Tartan Tory posted:

Hey I farm in HE lightnings all the time and I'm not an incorrigile chldish assh...oh...oh wait. :smith:

Yeah but you're a noted oval office, so.

Really though, I was referring more to guys like Scwak, Sinist, and LexSteel, who relentlessly farm low-pop fights and are also inevitably grown rear end (pasty white) men throwing temper tantrums when they die and flinging the word 'human being' around like it's 1998 and they're still in middle school.

(middle school is the school you go to when you're 12-13 years old, I figured I should explain this to you because I'm pretty sure there's no school in that savage mud pit of a country you call home??)

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 3, 2014

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Fart Car '97 posted:

savage mud pit of a country

I can confirm this, I worked with a Scotsman briefly and he said that place sucked. A lot.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I live 130 miles from the Scottish border, and can confirm we can smell the stale beer and bitterness from here.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Shockeh posted:

I live 130 miles from the Scottish border, and can confirm we can smell the stale beer and bitterness from here.

I'm pretty sure that's just the Manchester City fans. :smuggo:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpPVZhvwC0g

Only good ESF movie

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I hope no one minds but, :pcgaming: shameless promotional whoring ahead :pcgaming:

There is a collection of goons that make music with synths and this year we put together a winter album full of our lovely music with all proceeds going to Doctors without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières). Yes some of my lovely music is included on it but there are a bunch of other tracks made by people with way more talent than I have so it's not all poo poo while also being only $4, which is $3 less than buying a gun with real money in this game.

https://futureperfectchristmas.bandcamp.com/album/futureperfect-christmas-2014

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Great now I have an ear infection.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

I hope no one minds but, :pcgaming: shameless promotional whoring ahead :pcgaming:

There is a collection of goons that make music with synths and this year we put together a winter album full of our lovely music with all proceeds going to Doctors without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières). Yes some of my lovely music is included on it but there are a bunch of other tracks made by people with way more talent than I have so it's not all poo poo while also being only $4, which is $3 less than buying a gun with real money in this game.

https://futureperfectchristmas.bandcamp.com/album/futureperfect-christmas-2014

Just wondering which of the songs are yours? I'm giving Lunta a listen and I'm liking it so I imagine I'll like the rest of this

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

http://ps2alerts.com/Alert/1150

Battle Sundys :allears:

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

As much as I enjoy being a shitter with a bangbus I can't wait until they're balanced. You know, in two years.

In other news AC and DA get really mad when you bulldog farm them.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Segmentation Fault posted:

Just wondering which of the songs are yours? I'm giving Lunta a listen and I'm liking it so I imagine I'll like the rest of this

I release music under the name of Bell Labs Orchestra.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Hey thread, Good Poster Goku here to try and have a discusso about MAX arms.

Can anyone tell me why the TR and VS get infantry farming MAX arms that come with 50+ (100+ in TR case) bullets that fire fully automatic? Then, while keeping a straight face, explain why the NC max only gets arms with 12 shots max (provided you use grinders with extended mags) that fire semiauto? Then go on to defend your faction MAX arms that are accurate to the length of a shield gen room like in The Bulwark, or from across the vehicle bay at a base like The Crown? Wading hip deep in shitters as a Blueshift or Mercy MAX makes you feel like a space marine because you can literally wipe a room out of dudes without needing to pause to reload. An NC max can poke its big head in, FWOOM FWOOM FWOOM maybe 4 dudes before reloading for 4 seconds and having 2/3s of its health taken by small arms fire.

How can anyone contend that this is a balanced system with any shred of intellectual integrity?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

because nc maxes > tr/vs maxes in close range

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Blazing Zero posted:

because nc maxes > tr/vs maxes in close range

Stay with me: no they're not. The time it takes a close range MAX with any AI arm is so close it's negligible. Even using the slow TR guns, Cyclers, I can gib a man in less than a second, the same with a VS arm. At close range any MAX will drop a dude in a blink of an eye. And even if NC maxes get more damage up close, the damage only lasts seconds versus TR/VS tens of seconds with their huge bullet capacity. VS/TR maxes can sustain huge kill streaks at both close and long ranges for a longer period of time than any NC max.

Source: being smashed by MAXes of all factions for 2 years.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
as a blueshift max with ex mags myself, the only time i cqc 1v1 and win against a properly certed nc max is if i get the drop or he's starting to reload after im already firing. i will say as anecdotal evidence that i've died to nc maxes more than tr maxes so there's that. :shrug:

my question to you is, why are you 1v1'ing vs/tr maxes at long range with shotgun arms :v:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Blazing Zero posted:

as a blueshift max with ex mags myself, the only time i cqc 1v1 and win against a properly certed nc max is if i get the drop or he's starting to reload after im already firing. i will say as anecdotal evidence that i've died to nc maxes more than tr maxes so there's that. :shrug:

my question to you is, why are you 1v1'ing vs/tr maxes at long range with shotgun arms :v:

Because they are too cowardly to square off in honourable duels where we meet in the middle of a room, where our soldiers form a circle of death around us hooting and cheering, pumping fists and spitting insults at one another. I drawn my hodachi tight across my forehead, arange my shotgun arms in a dachi position while the VS max across from me jockeys around back and forth, and engage in a duel to sanguine extremis.

Instead they just poo poo their 100 round full auto arms at me and I'm loving helpless to my team trying to retake a room.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Have you considered using Falcons/Ravens if you want to engange enemy maxes at longer ranges ?

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

I see people posting about Slug maxes working well, but i've always felt useless with them. I've been having more luck with 1 ext mag Grinder and a Falcon to oneshot people.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Pand posted:

Have you considered using Falcons/Ravens if you want to engange enemy maxes at longer ranges ?

You could, but TR/VS have fractures, pounders, comet, and lancer arms, which are more or less the same but entirely easier to aim with than falcons/ravens. Ravens are poo poo and it takes about 3 direct hits to do the damage of one direct falcon hit, and contending with falcons being single shot it makes accurately hitting another max moving around especially difficult.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

You could, but TR/VS have fractures, pounders, comet, and lancer arms, which are more or less the same but entirely easier to aim with than falcons/ravens. Ravens are poo poo and it takes about 3 direct hits to do the damage of one direct falcon hit, and contending with falcons being single shot it makes accurately hitting another max moving around especially difficult.

This is getting too obvious now. :(

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pand posted:

Except they aren't that great against other maxes.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Pand posted:

I don't know your in game name, but do you play NC? You've used Ravens and know they do small amounts of damage unless you can land an 100% of both arms on target? Ravens are not good against other MAXes, but are 'OK' against armor, provided you get 100% of both arms magazines on target.

But we're not talking about AV weapons, I'm talking about NC being utterly useless at anything outside of 3m while VS/TR can effectively hold rooms against NC MAXes with relative ease, at ranges that put them safely out of a danger from NC maxes, and help their teams push into rooms to retake them.

NC MAXes need something other than 4 gay rear end shotguns. gently caress it's like having 4 varieties of corn. It's still CORN and its BORING and NOT GOOD.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 4, 2014

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Have you considered that you're bad at video games, especially this one?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Davethulhu posted:

Have you considered that you're bad at video games, especially this one?

Certainly, I've come to terms with it many months ago. But I have sunk a good bit of money into a particular faction and up and leaving it doesn't make much sense.

Did you have anything valuable to say?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

#SLUGLYFE

10,000 kills and 8 auraxiums later with shotgun arms and I wouldn't trade them for any other MAX weapon in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

#SLUGLYFE

10,000 kills and 8 auraxiums later with shotgun arms and I wouldn't trade them for any other MAX weapon in the game

Hey great what's your secret? Do you get into dick sucking range where your targets become immobile from fear of your mighty hacksaws? Running out of ammo in 1.5 seconds with a 4 second reload is a big hinderence to a lot of people :/

I'm trying to avoid this turning into a lot of lovely ad hominem posts. How is it the NC MAX has had such garbage options for anything outside of 3m while TR/VS MAXes are good in every range that is practical?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 4, 2014

• Locked thread